A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What about rehire at M*Modal? - Anon

Posted: Mar 09, 2012

This was my first job on-line, working at Medquist (before they became M*Modal).   Anyway things did not go well for me at that time -- 2007.  They just kept on pushing and pushing to get high line counts, which was very difficult considering the hard accoucnts I was given -- total ESL dictators.  So I came here to complain and somehow my Team Leader found out what user name I had here.  She was basically spying on me and read everything I posted here.  Of course that did not set well with her and I think she reported me to the higher management.  Can they legally fire for you for things you say on this board?  I would like to know the answer to this, as I think this is not right, but maybe legally they can fire you -- not sure.   

Does anyone know what are rights are as MT's or do we have any rights?  Maybe not anymore.    

fire for any reason sm - bored MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They can fire you for any reason. Even no reason.

M*Modal firing - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It is at will hiring situation, meaning they can fire you for anything they chose. However, if they fire you, you can draw unemployment, and I wouldn't hesitate.

wow! details please! - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
How did she find out it was you? What did you write? How do you know this happened? Were you fired? No reason given?

About how she found out. - Suzy Q (Anon)

[ In Reply To ..]
Well it was not too hard for her to know, because I used the same user name that I used with Medquist. I know, very stupid on my part. I was knew at on-line transcribing and also knew coming to MT Stars. I just did not realize that the bosses also read what we post here and that I should be anonymous when I post this.

Anyway it was 4 or 5 years ago and don't remember the specifics -- just sort of complaining that I was not able to keep up with all the accounts -- like about 10 accounts that I was thrown on. I know I was very upset and frustrated back then. By the way I did not exactly get fired, but just told my pay rate would be cut and they would make things very difficult for me if I stayed with them. So, basically I was pushed out the door. Now I am just wanting to work PT there, but not sure know if they would even consider hiring me.

I really think this is unethical for them to spy on us like that. Like I said above, we must have rights of free speech don't we?????

This is an answer to above posters.

if you thought it was bad 4 or 5 years ago - dont even try now

[ In Reply To ..]
Good Golly Miss Molly... 4 or 5 years ago was a dream compared to this current nightmare.
agree, only has gotten worse - since CBAY took over
[ In Reply To ..]
They have cut our pay multiple times and reduced the tier rates so that even with CMT the rates are lower than they were in 2006. 2006! They have upped the quality requirement to 99%, upped the minimum requirement per hour and now monetarily penalize if you send more than 5% of your lines to QA. Benefits are rock bottom bad. No incentives, bonuses. Oh I forgot the dumb 3 cpl over and above the magic number on certain Indian holiday weekends. Not true incentive at all.

When CBAY took over in summer 2006 that was the beginning of the end. It has been downhill ever since. I suppose right now any thing big V would suggest would be an improvement (because there is only one way to go- up) but knowing this company there are more "surprises" in store for us.

that's unbelievable - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm really surprised they would say they would "make things difficult" for you. That does sound illegal. You don't want to come back here trust me.

Well first off I thought this was a private board? - secondly how did she find out screen name?

[ In Reply To ..]
Makes not want to post here anymore. Im not one to usually talk bad about the company, but it does'nt matter, if you cant post here in private then thats crazy.

I wondered about that before, if they can actually find out who is posting what on this board. Enlighten me please?

I thought the only way was SM - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
if they contact you by email and you reply. I understood that was the only way they could find out for sure who it is. The Team Leader maybe just went by clues in the posts though.

I dont know but what happened to OP - never came back to answer questions makes you wond

[ In Reply To ..]
I know they can trace you via email, which sucks. The internet use to be fun when folks could remain anonymous, but now there is no such thing.

OP seems to have disappeared.
oh gosh... they have kidnapped her - NOOOOOOOOO
[ In Reply To ..]
I might be over-reacting a bit.
I wouldn't be surprised LOL - MModal Livestock
[ In Reply To ..]
If someone told me that MModal had hired a South American death squad to take them out I'd be skeptical, but I wouldn't rule it out either;)

This is such an invasion of privacy. Regardless of whether they used their work name to post here.

If I was a manager and saw an employee bad mouthing the company or even me personally, I'd just get on anonymously and post a logical counterpoint (or call them mean names and make them cry). I wouldn't assign them different accounts or treat them any differently in the workplace, even if I hated them on a personal level. That's just being a spoiled little brat. The company hates it when we don't act "professional," (do what they say regardless of circumstances) but what about them? Don't they owe us the same respect?

Corporations are people and have infinite free speech; people are commodities to be bought and sold. Something's wrong with that paradigm.

To the original poster, I'm sorry you had to go through that. I've known others with similar experiences. Outside of organized crime you should expect to be treated better than that.

However, if you still want to join MModal, they will probably take you. In my resignation letter I really took the company to task. Burned my bridges so I couldn't come back. Now I work for them again - not by choice. For good or bad, we're a single cell in a giant beast, nobody notices what we do.

They figured out me because I got careless - kinda sucks you have to hide

[ In Reply To ..]
But if they would call me and actually ask me did you say this this and this..I would say, why yes as a matter of fact I did and here's why .and as long as we are on the subject listen to this...I have a huge problem, big mouth and dont care what happens in the fallout..I figure if they want to fire me for trying to FIX the mess they made, well then go for it..Burger King pays better at this point.

Just re-apply, I doubt they have a list from 2007 stating - dont hire so and so.

[ In Reply To ..]
For goodness sake that was 5yrs ago. I says put your resume/cover letter together and email it.

You can always say there was a "conflict of intrest" with previous supervisor.

I wouldn't even put on resume that I worked for them I would wait for them to ask.

Similar Messages:

Rehire To MQ After Being Let Go
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever been rehired by MQ after they have been let go.  A while back I was let go for not doing the minimum lines.  Just wondering if they ever rehire. ...

Rehire
Jan 14, 2015

Do you think if I worked at a company over 10 years ago and left on (from what I remember) not that great of terms, they would still remember me, and would it even be considered a rehire?  I remembered, after the fact, that I did work for them briefly, way back, when I was just starting out.  My name has changed.  Is that all they go by, or do they use SSN?  Actually I think it has been more like 14 or 15 years.  ...

Rehire Eligibility
Sep 05, 2010

Worked for MQ for years, quit with proper notice.  Then hired back on PT, couldn't handle PT and FT job and quit Without notice.  If I need to (or want to) go back to MQ FT would  they even consider me since I quit without notice? ...

Rehire At Keystrokes
May 09, 2012

I am wondering what it is like at Keystrokes now.  I worked for them back in 2008 and it was very stressful and hard to make line counts then.  QA was very tough too.  Have they changed at all???  Anyone who works there now, I would appreciate your comments.  Thank you.     I am thinking about applying there now, but a little scared at the same time.  ...

Nuance Rehire
Aug 30, 2013

i would love to be rehired and just applied online. nuance not so bad compared to other companies.  ...

Rehire Phone Call
Apr 18, 2012

Just got a recorded phone call saying they would like to rehire me (left Medquist last July).  All I would have to do is re-test, interview and then talk to someone else.  No thank you, but did give me a laugh for the day.  Will hopefully never have to go back to them. ...

Rehire - Are There Any Happy MTs Are Nuance? 
Apr 25, 2013

Are there any happy MTs are Nuance?  I am considering going back to Nuance part time for extra income.  I left on good standings. Are there any MTs making line count and are happy with Nuance? Would love to know before I jump back in the fire. Thanks! ...

Anyone Have A Direct Number Or Email For MM Human Resources? Just Deemed Ineligible For Rehire --sm
Nov 25, 2013

but the email did not give a reason, just said that after HR review, I was deemed ineligible for rehire. Gave me the recruitment department if I felt the decision was in error, but when I called them, all they said was the decision came from HR.  Said they had no info on email address or phone number.   ...

MQ Rehire Policy For Part Time To Full Time
Apr 09, 2011

I worked for MQ full time and then went to part time last year, before finally quitting altogether because of health problems. I seem to remember an obscure policy that if you were full time and then went to part time, you could not go back to full time for a period of at least 1 year.  Can anyone verify that for me? IF, and this is a big IF, I were to go back to work for MQ, I would need to be full time. ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

M*Modal VR
Sep 25, 2010

I have another question.  When one does a draft in VR, does MT get paid for all lines in the draft or would an MT get paid if it has to be edited.  I will be trying to learn this in the next few weeks and I am scared to death I will not catch on and then I might be without a job.   I have a feeling I might not get paid for the whole draft report.  Then again it may depend on the company.  Any opinions please.   Thanks  ...

The M*Modal Man...
Jan 24, 2012

...looks like he's dropping a deuce.  Sorry, but he does.   Also, how do you pronounce the name of the company?  I say it to rhyme with immobile - immodal.   ...

Does Anyone Know Anything About M*Modal?
Feb 08, 2012

Does anyone know anything about M*Modal? I have never heard of them and would like some input. Thanks. ...

What/who Is M*Modal?
Mar 03, 2012

Is this Medquist?  Tell me more.  I used to work for MQ years ago and was interested in going back part time. ...

M*modal MTs
Mar 25, 2012

I'm considering applying to M*modal.  I've been around the block (several times) so I'm aware of the reputation, etc.  This means anyone who just wants to slam the company, please bypass this thread.  For those of you who work for M*modal and are happy, what is it you like about the company?  Would you recommend a friend apply? TIA. GG ...

M*Modal Job
Apr 13, 2012

Been offered a job at M*Modal.  Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of working there?  Is there enough work.  Where I work now it is SO hit and miss, feast or famine.  I need something more consistent. Are they flexible?   Let me know your thoughts. Thanks, Dee Dee ...

Going With M*Modal
Apr 30, 2012

Our hospital is supposed to make the decision tomorrow if they are going to keep our work in-house or outsource to M*Modal.  I want to make an informed decision when and if we are told we are going with M*Modal.  Do you get holidays?  How is the pay?  Flexible schedule?  What about our vacations that are already scheduled?  If they hire us will we still be on our same accounts? Thanks for any info. ...

M*Modal Buy Out
May 24, 2012

When M*Modal does a buy out, are the clients from that company they bought out notified? ...

New Job With M Modal
Jun 15, 2012

Hello Everyone, The hospital I have been working for has switched all of our transcriptionist to M Modal.  I will be doing radiology work.  Any helpful hints out there.   ...

TTM*Modal
Jul 11, 2012

Interesting, indeed. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/m-modal-selected-transtech-medical-133000153.html ...

M Modal Pay
Jul 15, 2012

Anyone working for M Modal - Please let me know how much money per hour is possible to be made?  Replies will much appreciated.   ...

How Much Do M-Modal Pay
Sep 30, 2012

I was thinking of applying for a job at M-Modal as I am not so happy with my current job and how they pay. Can anyone help me and tell me how much M-Modal pay their staff? ...

M*Modal-SSN??
Oct 16, 2012

I am on the M*Modal website to apply, and they are asking for my social security number.  I have never provided this on a job application.  Is this legit? ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me About M*Modal, Please?
Nov 30, 2012

I am thinking about testing for acute care transcription with M*Modal. But, when I went to their web site I see they are owned by someone in India? Is that for real? Also, I see posts here in this chat room "no work, no work, no work, paycheck sucks," etc. Can anyone fill me in on M*Modal, please. Also, do they supply you with the equipment? I do not want to work for a company owned by someone in India, that's for sure! Thank you in advance for your help! MT2 ...

New Job At M*Modal
Feb 05, 2013

I stopped doing medical transcription for a while and I am considering getting back into it.  I live in Green Bay, and no one is hiring in house.  I am considering taking a test with M*Modal.  Can anyone tell me anything about this company?  Good, bad, and ugly. ...

Just Saw An Ad For PT For M*Modal???
Sep 08, 2013

I thought they got rid of all PT positions??  Here's the link:  http://www.getmedicaltranscriptionjobs.com/acute-care-medical-transcriptionist-home-based-phoenix-arizona-3026501.htm ...

M*Modal Going Under?
Sep 08, 2014

I heard that M*Modal is sinking fast and won't be in business much longer.  Has anyone else heard this?  They've been having problems getting investors and new clients, so it wouldn't come as any great shock.  ...

So M*Modal And
Sep 30, 2014

Both offered OT last weekend....hmmm..... ...

M-Modal
Feb 13, 2015

Our company recently outsourced us and we are being offered jobs w M-Modal.  I have seen all of the negative comments but I was wondering how bad the pay is.  I typed about 220 lines/hour doing straight typing and they are saying their average for voice rec is 220/lines per hour.  If that were the case you'd be making nothing!  Can anyone give me any input?  Thanks!  ...

M-Modal Feedback
Dec 16, 2009

Would appreciate feedback from anyone using M-Modal, especially Webmedx Enterprise MTs. Dreading the conversion and wondering if my fears are well founded. I'm pretty fast straight typing but rarely get more than 50 lines more an hour with current VR. Seems all it takes is just one lousy report to negate the lines made on the decent reports. Afraid it's just going to be worse with M-Modal and the whole drop-down heading thing. Anyone have any encouragement to offer? ...