A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Well, guess verbatim is out the window, qualified or not. - you will be dinged

Posted: Mar 30, 2014

If whatever the doctor said is a little wonky, doesn't make sense or is a bad sentence, you can and will get dinged for typing what the doctor says. Told to leave a blank so you won't get dinged.

Or, on the other hand - if you dont type whatever wonky

[ In Reply To ..]
thing the doctor says, you will get dinged. If you leave too many blanks, your pay is docked. It's a lose-lose-lose for us.

Pay is not docked for too many blanks. - Just leave blanks. Save your butt. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Well, not docked, but ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a limit to how many blanks you can send in, in a given pay period. You can only send in less than 5% of your reports into QA for review, otherwise there is corrective action.

Yes it is - If you send in more than 5%

[ In Reply To ..]
of your total lines for the week, it is.
What is it docked? I thought ... - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
... you were only docked if you were put on full QA from failed Audits.

Not unless you send it to QA - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Blanks don't go to QA unless you check the box to send it there or if a hospital, the doc, or you are automatically placed otherwise. You only get docked after 5% of the former. According to my TSM, QC, and region manager, you should not be getting docked for the latter. If you are, then you need to dispute it.

Similar Messages:

I Hate "qualified Verbatim" So Much.
Mar 27, 2014

Particularly I never know what to do about headings.  If they never dictate headings, it is no problem - I do not put them in.  But if they dictate no headings, until all of a sudden towards the end of the report, they dictate one random heading, then it makes the rest of the report look stupid without headings. Would you put in headings for continuity in the rest of the report, or leave it looking stupid with, eg, one single heading i ...

So, Do I Go With Verbatim (verbatim Account) Or Leave A Blank If
Nov 19, 2010

the doctor is dead wrong about his anatomy? The patient has a problem with his foot and leg, but he dictates ulna. I wouldn't give it a second thought to leaving it blank, but I already got notice about documents with blanks (usually 1-2 blanks if any, and anymore than 3, to QA). Hmm... go with what is right or what is the least path of resistance (i.e. least likely punishment) BTW - The document I sent yesterday with 4 blanks to QA, they couldn't fill them in either. Shesh, the ...

Question About Verbatim... How Far Are We Supposed To Go With Verbatim?
Nov 19, 2014

The reason I ask is because this morning I'm doing an acute care progress note where the dictator says "The patient has end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and she is still sounding pretty crappy and congested."  I absolutely refuse to use the word "crappy" in a medical document if it is not within the context of a direct quote from the patient, i.e. "I feel pretty crappy..."  So I decided to omit crappy and just say "she is still sounding pretty congested."  QA w ...

Shorthand - "hint" Window Or The "suggestion" Window?
Sep 02, 2010

Do you guys use the "hint" window or the "suggestion" window? So, I've been using SH for a bit now and today, by accident,  was trying to change a font, I realized that I was only using the small "hint" window and there was the "suggestion" window that brings up more than 1 entry. For a couple of reports I used the "suggestion" window but found it awkward having to scan the window, but probably weird to me because I'm not used to it. Which do you use?   ...

What Are We Qualified To Do?
Jun 16, 2013

Aside from furthering our education and becoming coders or something to that effect, is there ANYTHING with a livable wage that we are qualified to do after years of transcription experience? Every ad I see for administrative positions requires payroll/bookkeeping experience. I'm the queen of medical terminology and can type like a demon but is it good for ANYTHING??? My job is going to VR in the next month or so. I've been a transcriptionist over 10 years and one girl in our office ha ...

Shortage Of Qualified MTs?
Jul 01, 2010

The following is on page 13 of Medquist's 1st quarter filing to the SEC.  Apparently by "qualified" they mean willing to work for peanuts and take all the abuse they dish out.  Usually when there is a shortage of workers in a particular industry, it drives wages up.  Funny how it doesn't work that way in MT. Significant developments in the clinical documentation industry include: A shortage of qualified domestic medical transcriptionists (MTs) and medical editors (ME ...

Qualified For Auditing
Mar 31, 2010

Since Audits are affecting us so deeply at this point and possibly costing us our livelihood, I began to wonder WHO is doing the auditing?  We have lost most of the decent QA people (or will as of tomorrow when nothing will be routed to QA anymore).  I know that several of the CTLs, CCMs or whatever the acronym of the hour is currently called, have been morons and sent out E-mails filled with grammatical and punctuation errors, and some have not even been MTs before.  Shouldn ...

Qualified Text?
May 06, 2010

Does anybody work for a company that pays less for something called "qualified text" or in other words pays less for templates, like 10 cpl for transcription but only 5 cpl for the template lines?  Were you with them when they paid full rate for those lines?  I am trying to find out how much impact (perhaps percentage) this has on the bottom line - a paycheck.  The company I work for is going to start doing this and I am wondering how much it is going to hurt.  Obviously it w ...

Qualified Text
Mar 09, 2015

How much are we paid for qualified text, and where do you see that?  Is it in webclock or on our pay stubs? ...

I Actually Qualified For First Quarter Bonus At 100%
May 22, 2013

Unbelievable! I actually qualified for first quarter bonus at 100%. If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe that anybody ever qualified for it. I am in total shock. Unbelievable but happy. It is possible. I didn't think it was.  Did anybody else get it this week? I thought I had read here about a month ago that some people had gotten their bonus, so I thought I had missed the boat.  ...

Shortage Of Qualified Transcriptionists
Mar 07, 2014

When I contacted my representative about Amnerican transcription jobs being outsourced, my rep said there was a shortage of qualified transcriptionists in the United States.  Do you suppose he got his information from the money mongers who justify their greed by filling our repesentatives' heads full of this bull.  There are plenty of qualified transcriptionists in the US; the MTSOs just do not want to pay for quality.  It is about money Mr. misinformed senator!!! ...

MTSO Using Qualified Text....does It Impact (sm)
Dec 25, 2010

the amount of your paycheck very much?  I wasn't sure if I should even apply to a MTSO that uses this. ...

Bringing The Qualified Text (QT) Subject Over Here.
Jan 14, 2012

I am under the impression that QT is canned text that we bring into the report and add text at certain spots when the dictator specifies? I used to do a lot of ophthalmology reports. Surgeon would say: Please insert my normal phacoemulsification with IOL implant. Then they would dictate which eye, how many diopters, model and size of lens, etc. Does QT also sometimes just show up on the report that comes up and then we just add what is dictated? How long does it take to bring in the QT? Than ...

Smartronix Limited, Got An Email Saying I Qualified For A Job
Aug 19, 2013

for job interview.  The internet says  there are scams out there for this type of thing.  Anyone hear of this company?  The job is posted on another board.  ...

Question About Nuance Policy On Qualified (template) Lines
Dec 03, 2014

I was originally with one of the ambulatory groups that came through the back door of Nuance.  Our old ways of doing things have slowly been phased out since Nuance acquired us.  Currently I get 8.5 cpl for standard lines and 1 cpl for qualified (template) lines.  I haven't gotten the email about the video yet, but I've been reading on here about the new 7 cpl rate. What about template lines? Does Nuance pay for template lines? Thanks...  ...

How Do I Get Rid Of QA Window?
Oct 23, 2012

Does anyone know how I can get rid of the QA window that keeps popping up with each QA blank? I often put in QA markers with a difficult dictator and then go back and listen again and compare to previous reports, so I'm not ready to write a QA note. In the meantime, that irritating window pops and covers the field I'm working in, and I have to manually push it down with the mouse each time. ...

NJA Under The 15 Minute Window
Apr 14, 2010

Lately, when I get NJA it is just long enough to slow my production down, but not long enough to report it.  It only lasts about 10 minutes most times.  Does everyone else wait the 15 minutes before reporting as we are supposed to, or do you report it right away? ...

Would It Be Too Much To Ask To Get A 5 Minute Window
Mar 06, 2011

Seriously, I was 11 seconds (according to my punch clock) past the scheduled start of maintenance on submitting a really long job and it didn't go through.  I think they should wait 5 minutes for the last minute submissions or at least hang onto the job and have it submitted after maintenance.  ...

In Doc 7, In The ADT, Is The Job Function Window
Dec 17, 2011

x ...

12-hour Window?
Mar 13, 2012

Do they work under this and what exactly is this anyway?   You have a scheduled shift, but are allowed to work in that 12-hour window around your shift to get your lines?  ...

A Pig Just Flew By My Window!!
Dec 02, 2014

Age will be on the edit screen?   I'll believe it when I see it!!! But hallelujah! ...

Window Sedation?
Apr 14, 2015

Anyone heard of window sedation for ventilator patient?    Thanks! ...

Window Color In ES9
Jun 14, 2015

Does anyone know how to change the window color from the blaring white in Word for ES9 so that it will work?  Each time I have changed it, ES9 messes up.  Hard to believe in the technology they have this can't be done. Was hoping when I upgraded from XP last year this would have been the fix, but apparently not. Thank you ...

Is ANYONE At MQ Working On A Window 7 System
Sep 06, 2010

I use my own laptop.  The system runs so slowly.  I have changed my internet from DSL to cable.  I've emptied my cookies and defragged and scanned until my fingers bled.  I'm still slow.  It's either my antique XP laptop or DQS itself. I'm open for suggestions.  My CCM says DQS is not compatible with windows 7, but you know how that goes. ...

Transcend 12 Hour Window
Apr 07, 2011

I saw where Transcend had an ad for VRE editors, 12 hour shifts.  Don't know if it was just one facility of theirs or all accounts.  But... sounds like more flexibility than I have now.  Anyone have input on this? ...

Does M*Modal Have A 12-hour Window? Sm
May 04, 2012

Does M*Modal have a 12-hour window for your daily work or a strict schedule? Is full-time 35 hours or 40 hours?  Thank you. ...

I Could Just Throw This Computer Out The Window.
Oct 31, 2013

Just received 2 emails - 2 jobs with 1 error each from this a.m. I have been extremely careful doing VR and these 2 errors are a word that is "missing." I think once we upload a job, this VR crap doesn't 'save" what we've done in a report fully. This has been happening quite a bit lately. I had a report a couple of weeks ago where the report had an entire paragraph in it that wasn't dictated. I remembered that job from a few hours prior and I know I didn't add t ...

Companies With 12-hour Window?
Mar 05, 2014

Does anyone know of any companies that allow either a 12-hour window to get in your hours or just a line count quota with no daily time limit? I suppose either one of those options would be IC, but wouldn't mind an employee position.  I have worked at one of the big ones for a few years but I am just too burnt out working late at night "scheduled" every night.  I hesitate to change my schedule with them because of losing my account, which is the only reason I keep plugging away a ...

Verbatim??
Jul 26, 2012

This is EXACTLY how it was dictated: I cleansed the skin with alcohol from her prior visit (LONG PAUSE) I do remember patient having a very low pain tolerance. That's pretty unsanitary to use alcohol from the prior visit, don't ya think? LOL ...

What Companies Offer A 12-hour Window? Nm
Jan 16, 2010

nm ...