A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Weekly Claim Questions for Partial UE - wiscomt

Posted: Jul 18, 2013

I just got off the phone with my state's UE office.  I was told that if I work more than 32 hours in a week, I will not receive partial UE for that week.  One of the questions asked when filing for a weekly claim by phone is:  

During the week, did you miss work that was scheduled for you?  Answer "YES" if you did not work all of the hours that were available for you with your current employer.  

If I "release" myself from work due to NJA, am I missing "work that was scheduled" for me since if I sat at my computer for 10 hours I would eventually get my hours in?  My biggest fear is MM refusing my claim since I "chose" to stop working instead of being virtually "sent home" due to no work.  I would put nothing past this company in terms of them screwing me over and have great fear about beginning this process.  Are there any experienced people out there who regularly receive partial UE as to how you answer this question?  Thanks for any advice.....I need it.

no... you answer no to that question - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
That means that you were scheduled to work and you did not show up as scheduled, no call no show. That was explained to me because I filled it out wrong and got a call back.

Weekly claim question - wiscomt

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much piece of good news. Have one more question for you. When indicating wages for the week, do you multiply hours worked by your benefit rate or do you calculate gross earnings based on actual lines transcribed and/or edited. I told the guy I get paid on production and he said to just make an estimate. I don't feel real comfortable with that answer either. Thanks!

calculate exactly what you earned - or...

[ In Reply To ..]
It will cause a huge delay. Mmodal reports your earnings also, and they have to match within a few bucks or you might owe. I just went into fluency to get my line counts, in the date range I entered the dates sunday to saturday, run report for each edited and transcribed, multiplied by line rate, and the logged on to schedule source and got the hours worked by clicking on timesheet and then show calculations.
Perfect! Thank you! - wiscomt
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I go - to

[ In Reply To ..]
Ultipro and figure out how much for each week. I file it on the Wednesday after I get paid, so I can get the correct pay out of Ultipro. Every state is different, but when I told my UE person how we get paid and that it is hard to figure out what I make, she told me to do it this way.

I have - worked

[ In Reply To ..]
more than 32 hours and collected UE. I just put amount of money I made, no hours. That's all my state requires. It must be okay since I know they get info from MModal and it has my hours worked, and I have never been denied.

Similar Messages:

For Those Interested In Weekly Pay, J&M Transcription Also Pays Weekly. Nm
Feb 09, 2011

ppp ...

100% Successful With TAA Claim
Jun 21, 2010

I have read here that people would like to know when someone has been successful with a TAA claim. I have been 100% successful and am enrolled in school. I receive UI benefits. My school is 100% paid for. All of my books are paid for. I am given a supplies allowance per semester. I filed a claim, I was denied, I appealed, I won on appeal. The state of Colorado appealed again and their appeal was denied. There is a lot of paperwork to do, but that can only be filled out one sheet ...

Rather Than Claim 'it's Just Business'...
Sep 03, 2010

I'm wondering if those who claiim that this is 'just business' and it's how business is done everywhere can give a valid reason why it is more beneficial for the company to lay off without giving notice versus letting employees know they are getting laid off?  I'm trying to look at the employer perspective now and see what benefits the company by not announcing future lay-offs. ...

Do I Have To Claim My Last PTO Check On UE?
Apr 21, 2013

I was laid off a few weeks ago and got my PTO check this week-end. Do I have to claim that on UE? ...

Does Anybody Remember The Claim
Aug 31, 2013

How in no more than 90 days, VR would be completely trained to put out perfect drafts?  What the happened to that?  I am going to throw that up to my TL, just for grins, every time they rake us over for critical errors, customer complaints and so on.  Yes, we are making the errors (or at least some of them) but with drafts getting worse, we are being set up! ...

If Income Is Less Than $600 As An IC Do You Have To Claim It On Your Taxes??? Nm
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

Workman's Compensation Claim
Jul 14, 2010

Anyone ever filed a claim against MQ?  I don't even know how to go about it? Any help ...

What Is The Limited Hours You Can Claim For UE SM
Jan 18, 2013

So far I am 7.5 hours short due to NJA.  I have some PTO time avaialble.  I want to put a claim in to get started, because the last time I filed in October 2011 they held myr first week, and I did not get that money and went without pay.  I cannot go without pay, so I want to get the ball rolling on the partial UE, then I can get checks and not have to use PTO or worry, since I make about min wage nowadays anyhow. Sorry if this is confusing. ...

Can You Claim Unemployment If You Quit One Company
Jan 28, 2010

nm ...

Is There A Way To Only Claim Part Of A Shift Posted
Apr 05, 2010

I thought the CCM said that we would be able to claim part of a shift; if someone posted an 8 hour shift, but I can only work 4 of those hours, I could claim it and someone else might be able to claim the other 4. If anyone knows, it would save me about a week or more of time waiting for a response. Thanks! ...

Where Is The Code To Claim This Wasted Time
Mar 19, 2012

I got no code. ...

Can We File A Class Action Disability Claim
Mar 03, 2010

I am feeling a little shell-shocked.   ...

On Taxes, Does Anyone Claim The Home Office Deduction?
Mar 15, 2012

I'm doing my taxes on TurboTax and it says you can claim the home office deduction if you work at home for the "benefit of your employer, ie, if no office or desk is provided."  Does this apply to us ?  I'm worried about taking the deduction and getting audited or something.  I've never taken it in the past.  Wondering if it's even worth it for me if we indeed can take it (I don't own a home).  ...

To All MTs Who Claim To Make More Money Than Woman With BS Degrees.....
Jun 13, 2012

Those of you who claim to make TONS OF MONEY TYPING....  You are not straight typing MTs under regular circumstances IF I believe you...and I don't.   You probably work 7 days a week, all hours of the day like most MTs.  You DO NOT work a regular 8-hour day, 5 days a week and make that much money.  If that were true...there would be much more competition.  The only perk is being at home.  Period...End of story.  Stop trying to sell me your ocean front pro ...

MMMModal's Ad From Monster. Check It Out. Their Claim Of Respect Makes Me-
Feb 05, 2012

Medical Transcriptionist About the Job         We invite you to join the most talented and knowledgeable workforce in the business by introducing M*Modal, the new brand of our industry-leading technology organization. Together, the combination of our collective organizations – MedQuist, Spheris, CBay, M*Modal, Poiesis and others – will enhance the power of clinical documentation to improve patient care.   M*Modal is currently seeking medical trans ...

Anyone Had Successfully Filed A Claim With The Department Of Labor Regarding Unpaid Time?
Oct 03, 2013

I was wondering if anyone had successfully filed a claim with the Department of Labor regarding unpaid time waiting for jobs or being "engaged to wait."  ...

Weekly Pay
Sep 15, 2011

What are some companies that pay weekly, anyone know of any? ...

Partial UE - Let's Try This Again
Jan 24, 2013

I just got off the phone with our local UE office, and the rep informed me that there's no such thing as partial UE in my state (Louisiana). She advised me to ask you all how you answered certain questions when filing your claims, such as "what was your last work date" and "when were you separated from your employer," etc. In other words, did you have to file a regular UE claim, or does your state provide a separate application process for partial UE? I'd hate to file a claim ju ...

No More Partial UE
Aug 28, 2013

Am I correct here that we can no longer collect partial UE because our NJA option for release from work with no pay has been taken away, leaving us ONLY the option to work or take PTO?  How clever of them. ...

Anyone Know Of Companies That Pay Weekly?
Jul 26, 2011

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question, so please redirect me if not.  Thanks in advance. ...

Weekly Hours
Dec 30, 2011

Hey, got a whole 8 hours this week...Aren't I the lucky one?  8 out of 40?  Give me a break already...where's the work? Can't blame it on the holidays this time. This is getting old, and I'm going for disability ! ...

Any Companies Still Pay Weekly? NM
Jan 07, 2012

. ...

Is Anyone Else Getting Audited Weekly??
Jun 13, 2012

Was audited the week before memorial day for 4 days mind you, and made 98.8 and left alone for a few days and bam started all over again and was told my group was being audited weekly.  Been here since 1996.  I can hardly think straight anymore and feel like I am all thumbs on the keyboard.  I am ready to call it quits and seriously go to my unemployment agency and see if they can help find something decent.  I feel like I am going nowhere fast. ...

Companies That Pay Weekly?
May 17, 2013

Can you give me names of companies that pay weekly? ...

Weekly Lines
Jun 29, 2013

Has anyone ever done 15,000 lines in a week and if so how much was your weekly pay?  Please no bashing on this question.  I know there are some that reach high lines and for those of you who don't I am truly sorry but please don't respond in a negative way.  Thanks! ...

What Do You Have To Do To Get Weekly Bonus If PT
Aug 05, 2014

Gotta figure a way to build this puny paycheck up and those quarterly bonuses are just a heartache.  Had 99.7 for 2 months, then ZAP 99.4 and missed it again. Thought maybe I would be better off focusing on weekly bonuses.  Any explanations helpful. ...

Weekly Bonus ?
Aug 14, 2014

So if you have over 99% QA score and less than 3% sent in for blanks, how many lines do you have to do in order to receive the weekly bonus or is it offered to PT people at all? ...

Weekly Bonus
Nov 10, 2014

Can anyone tell me what percentage you get for weekly bonuses and how it is figured out?? ...

WEEKLY Q/A Checks
Dec 03, 2014

During the video presentation, she said we would now have weekly QA checks.  This means, in essence, that you can type all week with less than 10% QC submission, and a great QA score, and have it ruined with just 1 critical error, which typically gives you a QA score of under 89% if it is a report with less than 30 lines.  Then it would be a cut in pay because your converted (lower) lines would be multipled by 7 cents, yes all of the lines.  I don't know about you, but if I h ...

Bye Bye Weekly Incentive
Dec 04, 2014

With no weekly incentive, I may not be as inclined to type as much. Why work yourself to death for a few extra pennies. The new plan has an "odor" to it! ...