A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

So how do we know how much $$ we have been "docked," - Kiki

Posted: May 20, 2010

if any at all, for going over 5% QA submission.  I know this past pay period I must have gone over 5%.  I don't really keep track or do the math, but in the past few weeks, interestingly, I have gotten majority non-BOB, unfamiliar, ridiculously difficult work types I have never done (such as cardiac caths, which are interesting but difficult if you have never done them).  So, is it clearly shown on our paystubs exactly how much we were docked?  Hopefully someone who has been docked pay already can answer this. 

Funny how the more they say these "changes" will ensure we stay in our own BOBs more often, the LESS we actually seem to.  Haven't gone on lockdown yet.  CCM says THAT will really ensure we have more work in our own BOBs, but why do I get the feeling that once this happens, it will mean even MORE cesspool? 

docking - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Supposedly the paycheck will now be broken down into 4 sections:

1. Straight typing (regular) pay.
2. ASR pay.
3. QA lines that went over that were straight typing (regular) pay.
4. QA lines that went over that were ASR pay.

Lines 3 and 4 will be the "docked" rates of pay.

Lockdown happens here in the North next week. We shall see.

its funny... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
How much we allow ourselves to put up with. "Dock in pay" and "lockdown" are words and phrases I never thought I would incorporate as a normalcy into my vocabulary having to do with my job.

AMEN!! I agree totally with you . . . - Well said

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Its kind of like PRISON...Lockdown and docked in pay!! - What was our crime??

[ In Reply To ..]
Prisonors get put on lockdown when there is a mutiny and docked in pay for bad behavior...my 2 cents...

docking - greenjeans

[ In Reply To ..]
When they first came out with First Time Right, I asked if they were going to be giving us a more detailed breakout of our lines on the pay stub? I knew the answer, but asked anyway. They should do this as it is our right to know about how they come up with our amount, but they're not going to do it. So, either you try to figure it out by taking extra time to figure out all the ins and outs of all the factors we have to use or you just hope that it's done right, and that's what they're probably bargaining on. They don't have the time to do that, don't ya know!! To me, there is something illegal about that and we all know that they have been questioned before about correctness of line counts, which ultimately affects our pay. I think they should be made to detail much more than they do.

I don't understand why anyone is sending - QA thing of the past

[ In Reply To ..]
anything to QA at when we have the option to send blanks to the customer? I have not sent any reports to QA since this started. Why would anyone take the chance of losing money if they don't have too? If they start putting a limit on the amount sent to customer then maybe I will worry about it, but for now I have not heard anything about it. The only time I would send a report to QA now is if I need the feedback such as instrument, medication name, etc., that I think QA can find and know I will hear it again.

QA - nan

[ In Reply To ..]
I, too, never send anything to QA. Even if I think QA can fix it. If it is an instrument that I am not familiar with, I do my best to find it. If I can't, I send a blank. If it is a medication that I cannot figure out, I send a blank. I try my hardest to figure things out, perhaps too much time, but I am not sending anything to QA with this pay docking thing. That is just not right and I refuse to send anything to them anymore. They punish us for trying to get a little help from them to make the reports look better and then punish us for it; this is their problem I think. There is always new termonology, new drugs, new doctorism's and they want to punish me for trying to learn, then poohy on them! Heck, when I worked for accounts in the past, I would sometimes call the doctor's office and have them help me if there was something said that was unfamiliar or something that I could not understand. They didn't mind. They would either help me or tell me to just leave a blank and the doctor would fill it in.

I totally agree with you. NM - QA a thing of the past

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Docked For Too Much QA
Jun 29, 2012

Does anyone know if it is an industry standard to begin penalizing an MT as soon as he/she comes off full QA on a new account for access QA submissions?  The "First Time Right" policy is very unclear about when the dock in pay is supposed to start. When an MT starts a new platform AND a new account AND Speech Rec on that new platform all at once, isn't there usually a grace period of some kind? ...

How Do You Know If Your Pay Is Being Docked For
May 12, 2015

x ...

How Are We Supposed To Know When We Are Docked?
Mar 02, 2010

Bad enough that they pay us less for ASR and now we may be getting paid less for sending through QA markers - how are we supposed to know when we are getting paid less and how can they pay us so many different rates?  There is so much room for error and we will never know when we are getting ripped off!  This whole thing sounds underhanded!  ...

First Time Right - MMEs Will Be Docked If Over 10%, Then 5% Later?
Mar 03, 2010

Really, there are a lot of times where something is just not interpretable, no sound, etc.  That will be kind of nice that we don't have to send reports to QA for those types of things.  That would be most of why I usually have to leave a QA marker.  So really, when I think about it, it may not be as bad as everyone is thinking.  (Trying to look at the bright side :-) Has anyone heard if MMEs will be docked if over 10%, then 5% later, of their reports are sent through to the client ...

Getting Docked For Sending Work To QA :(
May 31, 2010

Why should we be docked for sending work to QA especially when there is an issue with poor audio quality, having a job that is incomplete or simply not being able to find the correct address even after we have spent time doing the propper research. This is as ludicrous as it would be if the phone company decided to charge us extra to call 911. ...

For Those Of You Who Are Having Your Pay Docked For Poor Performance
Jan 17, 2015

Here is a link you may be interested in. http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2012/10/29/8-workplace-rights-your-employer-might-not-tell-you-about ...

Well, It's Real Now. 3 Cents Docked On Reports Sent To QA For 4 New
Mar 08, 2012

I just cannot do this.   I lose pay because I read specs and utilize QA trying to do a good job for the client. I sure hope some job offers come through soon.  Just don't know how long mentally I can work for this company.  It is as horrible a place as I had heard. You have to go to Utilipro and pay details to see your actual line rate.  If you have MTQA or SRQA showing on your pay stub itself as a category, welcome to M*Modal. You just lost some ...