A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Questions and answers from MModal employees - I bet management in #41 is happy

Posted: Aug 18, 2012

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1441567/000119312512293940/d376248dex994.htm

Wish I had an incentive working for this company.  Oh, wait, I am on the bottom of the totem pole. 

Just looked up the SEC filings - I do not get it!

[ In Reply To ..]
It states here that MModal was known as CBay Systems??? Back in 1998??? So these companies, CBay, MModal, and Medquist were actually one unity?? This is their strategic planning from way back when????

MModal was organized in 1998 in the British Virgin Islands as CBaySystems Holdings Ltd. During January of 2011, MModal redomiciled from the British Virgin Islands to become a Delaware corporation and changed its name from CBaySystems Holdings Ltd. to MedQuist Holdings Inc. On January 24, 2012, MModal changed its name to MModal Inc.

MedQuist became CBay in 2006. Then, this year - became MModal.

[ In Reply To ..]
Same owner of CBay, just rebranded the name to MModal(with the merge of MModal) because they are trying to get out of transcription and just focus on the tech side of things.

Similar Messages:

What? 89 Employees From MMODAL Are
Aug 18, 2011

On the closing date of the merger, in addition to the restricted shares granted to Messrs. Finke, Koll and Fritsch and to encourage other employees of M*Modal to join the Company, the Company granted to 89 employees of M*Modal that became employees of the Company or one of its subsidiaries up to an aggregate of 391,782 restricted shares of the Company's common stock. For each such employee, such employee's restricted shares will vest proportionally over a three-year period based ...

MModal Has 12,000 Employees. How Many Are US?
Aug 16, 2013

Anyone have that info.  All I can find is 12,000 employees in 5 countries.  Not that it matters but I am just trying to figure out if a few hundred lay-offs is truly representative of the impending ax falling on all of us or if it is just some house cleaning and they really are just trying to make it a leaner more efficient machine with full timers only on very strict schedules.    I am both sorry and envious for those laid-off.  TAA sounds like a fantastic opportunit ...

MModal Is Robbing Employees
Nov 15, 2012

I cannot believe that they take from your pay when there are too many blanks.  With ESLs, that is basically robbing from employees. ...

Meridian MModal Employees
Jan 10, 2013

Have you been told we can no longer go by the schedules we have been using all along?  In the conference call they told us our schedules would all stay the same until transitioned over.  Now I'm told today that I can't schedule my very flexible schedule the way I did any longer.   Anyone else with a flexible schedule told the same thing? ...

Please Help With Answers
Jun 13, 2015

What companies use DocQscribe or Bayscribe? I am open to employee position or IC, but I need a different company.  Prefer straight transcription to VR.  Many years experience.  Thank you for any help. ...

HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE!!!!!
Jan 07, 2010

I am new to VR and was wondering something.....How many of you actually go through and listen to the whole report and how many of you fix the errors you see, sign it off and go on?  I am just looking at the high lines counts that you guys are getting per hour and am wondering if some of you are not listening to the whole report as that may take more time?  I know that doesn't sound good, but just looking for honest answers here. Also, advice on how to get such high line counts wo ...

Answers To My Questions
Mar 12, 2014

So I asked my HDSM a host of questions, which I put on here in a response to someone sometime yesterday, and it seems she's as in the dark as the rest of us are.  Here's a synopsis of the answers to my quetstions, since obviously I can't include the email.   Recognized and accredited program?  Accreditation after training?  CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, RHIA?  Not sure about this.   Available to SHDAs also? Available to any production employees. Guarant ...

Precyse Answers
Apr 22, 2014

To those with questions regarding working for Precyse I can answer you.  Don't do it.  We were just informed that we now MUST make at least 260 LPH (previously was 240) OR ELSE.  That's for ASR.  The straight typing minimum line rate has gone up also---and those are few and far between plus usually only the very worst reports come in as regular transcription.  The sound quality is terrible.  A lot of the jobs go to India.  You only get credited f ...

OMG How Funny - Read Glassdoor Opinion Of Employees, US Versus Indian Employees!
Aug 05, 2013

I was just curious about what employees thought of Nuance on Glassdoor.  You read several US employee opinions and they reflect the morale listed on MTStars.  Scroll further down and read the opinions of the transcriptionists from India.  What a difference.  They are highly satisfied with their jobs and most have been working with Nuance for 6 to 7 years.  The US transcriptionists are very sad!!  What a difference..... ...

To New At H&Ps - Answers To Your Questions And Some Advice
Feb 14, 2010

1.  Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter –  A Greenfield filter is an example of an IVC filter as is a Christmas tree filter, and there are other kinds.  They function as a sort of net to catch any emboli to prevent them from hitting the heart or lungs.   2.  If a patient has cardiac/vascular disease, there is a good chance that another will crop up, so if you have CAD (coronary artery disease) you could certainly have PAD (peripheral vascular disease), but ...

What Do You Do With This Kind Of Sentence? Need Answers Soon Please!
Jan 18, 2011

When Dr. dictates a sentence in the middle of a paragraph that goes like this: Eyes normal vision. Cardiac no carotid bruits. Cardiac regular rate and rhthym. Ears normal hearing. Do you just add a colon after the first word? Sometimes that looks odd, so I am not always sure what to do. Any ideas/help appreciated, tia. ...

Do Any Of You Ever Post On Yahoo Answers?
Mar 16, 2012

I am not sure if tihis is the right place to post this, but I used to ask questions there all the time.  Now just recently I went on there and could not believe all the profanity and inappropriate subjects they let people post there.  It is really awful and I am shocked to see some things that are passed up for censoring.  People call each other jerks and bigoted racists all the time.  I am wondering where are their moderators and why is no one doing anything to stop thi ...

I Just Want Honest Answers And Respect
Aug 20, 2012

I am not asking for charity or a pity party but when there is no work or insufficient work to make quotas I would appreciate the company being honest about what is happening. Don't tell me the docs are all on vacation or it's summertime and no one goes to the doctor in the summertime!!!!!! And if I ask a question I would appreciate an answer and not being ignored. Thank you.  ...

Is There A Way To Do A Search That Only Includes Answers From The Last Year Or So?
Mar 07, 2011

Everytime I do a search, it comes back with  a lot of responses that date back to a few years ago. I'm looking for newer responses and do not want to weed throught the old ones to find the new ones. How can I do this?  Thank you  in advance to anyone who answers.   ...

Here's A Question, Serious Answers, NO Fighting Allowed...
Dec 24, 2011

Since I made my lines hours ago lol, and I'm messing around trying to let someone else make their lines, I've been roaming around, reading back posts.  And I swear to you all I'm not trying to cause trouble, start drama or pick fights, I just have a very serious question. For the MTs who are "struggling" or not making it, etc and to all the MTs who are sure it's a "dying field" or it's "already dead".  What keeps you in the MT field?  I know jobs are real ...

Interested Parties See Mercedes Answers Below.
May 14, 2015

No, I am not a "suit." ...

PHOENIX MEDCOM - Couldn't Find The Answers
Mar 16, 2013

Hello. I looked through the archives but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I read the post for Phoenix medcom. I am very interested in doing front office stuff while doing transcription. Does anyone do that? How does the pay work out? I would think it would supplement the transcription income. I just put in an app and was wondering what other people have experienced. Thank you! ...

Crescendo MedRite XL Seeking Answers On Line Counts
Feb 11, 2013

Throwing this out to any and all--MTs, management, office staff, programmers--regarding the Crescendo MedRite XL platform for transcription.  Went to work for a company recently using this (their one and only mode for the work to be completed) and in my multiple decades as a highly qualified and sought-after medical transcriptionist I have never worked so hard for so little. Mangement's response to my outcries regarding the pitiful line counts on their program/accounts is simply, "Jus ...

Honest Question Seeks Honest Answers
Aug 25, 2011

I've read so many messages from people who are working in jobs which they have said they are working long hours and barely making minimum wage.If that's the case, then why do you continue working from home? Why not get an office job where you'll make more and actually have benefits?   ...

Honest Question Seeking Honest Answers
Mar 09, 2013

For the last couple of weeks, I've been sending out resumes and also frequently checking job sites such as indeed.com and simplyhired.com. So much of what's out there is really looking for recent experience, although it's not actually stated in the ad. Okay, that's the story, now here's the question ... If so many are unhappy doing MT, most importantly because of the lousy pay, why not work at temporary jobs? The pay has to be much better than what you're current ...

DSG Employees:
Dec 22, 2009

Did they send out gift cards this year?     ...

Former TRS Employees
Jan 26, 2010

Has anyone received a W2 form from the former TRS?  I received one from Transcend but evidently we will receive another one from TRS? ...

To Other New MQ Employees: I'd Like To Know What
Apr 13, 2011

sort of things you're getting QA'd for, to compare notes.  For instance, I'm new to VS, and I tend to leave in double words.  I think what's happening is that I hear it, so my mind just blocks out the extra one and I don't see it.  I spend a lot of energy trying to out-guess the QA, but no matter what I put in certain instances, I'm marked off.  If I put "The patient," then she fills in the name.  If I put the name, then she puts "The patien ...

For Those Of You (employees, Not IC)
Jun 02, 2011

I'd like to know how you are all dealing with it.  Do you sit and wait on work during your scheduled shifts without getting paid?  Have any of you filed for unemployment due to lack of work?  I wonder how people manage to pay for insurance, etc.  Have any of you quit your jobs and received unemployment?  How do you all manage?  TIA for any information you are willing to share. ...

Do You MQ Employees Sometimes Think
Aug 17, 2011

Someone jumps on this board, fires it all up by saying to use F11 for every ASR job, and then calls their CCM to say "read the MTstars board" and then they go check who is doing it and fires them, all the while the pot-stirrer looks all cutsie in the CCMs eyes and more work opens up for the pot-stirrer?Maybe it is my wild imagination, but it seems like all that "stop typing for a day" and if that does not work, then "stop typing for 2 days," and "use F11 for all ASR jobs," all feels so not ...

Any RAD MQ Employees?
Aug 18, 2011

How is your workload going?  I know there are a lot of acute care people who run out of work a lot, or get thrown in the cesspool, but what about the radiology side?  Does that run out all the time too?  I was there for Rad and was considering going back because I need a job.  I know the pay is not what I made there before. ...

Former MDI-MD Employees, Got A ????
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody on here former employees of MDI-MD who stayed with Transcend? I have applied and am trying to find my former supervisor's email. She was MDI-MD and as far as I know, stayed with Transcend. Her initials are MM. Please email me if you have her contact info. I cannot find her email anywhere and would love to work under her again if she is still there. Thanks! ...

To DSG Employees/ICs
Feb 06, 2012

In case you weren't there at the beginning of Monday's conference call, MQ bought out M-Modal and changed their name.  SO, if you choose to do this, you would be working for MQ.  Been there, done that.....aaack. ...

TTS Employees
May 27, 2015

Have interview with TTS, any comments on this company??? Likes/dislikes, pay ...

Any ETransPlus Employees?
Nov 11, 2009

Wondering if anyone has any info on this company - good or bad feedback is welcomed. Thanks! ...