A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What do you do with this kind of sentence? Need answers soon please! - anon

Posted: Jan 18, 2011

When Dr. dictates a sentence in the middle of a paragraph that goes like this:

Eyes normal vision.

Cardiac no carotid bruits.

Cardiac regular rate and rhthym.

Ears normal hearing.

Do you just add a colon after the first word? Sometimes that looks odd, so I am not always sure what to do. Any ideas/help appreciated, tia.

I'm with you. Put colons. Yep, looks ugly. nm - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Sentence - Lee

[ In Reply To ..]
If the client wants to save money and make the doctors look stupid because everything is verbatim, leave it the way they say it. If you have the option, use a verb, like Eyes have normal vision, etc. If they want to save those fricking pennies you can use a colon. It is a clumsy sentence any way you look at it. Everybody is speaking in clipped sentences these days. Soon there will be no language left. Sorry, I am disgusted with the whole industry right now.

Similar Messages:

Would You Capitalize Restess Leg Syndrome In A Sentence, If It Does Not Start The Sentence?
Nov 20, 2009

nm ...

Please Help With Answers
Jun 13, 2015

What companies use DocQscribe or Bayscribe? I am open to employee position or IC, but I need a different company.  Prefer straight transcription to VR.  Many years experience.  Thank you for any help. ...

HONEST ANSWERS PLEASE!!!!!
Jan 07, 2010

I am new to VR and was wondering something.....How many of you actually go through and listen to the whole report and how many of you fix the errors you see, sign it off and go on?  I am just looking at the high lines counts that you guys are getting per hour and am wondering if some of you are not listening to the whole report as that may take more time?  I know that doesn't sound good, but just looking for honest answers here. Also, advice on how to get such high line counts wo ...

Answers To My Questions
Mar 12, 2014

So I asked my HDSM a host of questions, which I put on here in a response to someone sometime yesterday, and it seems she's as in the dark as the rest of us are.  Here's a synopsis of the answers to my quetstions, since obviously I can't include the email.   Recognized and accredited program?  Accreditation after training?  CCS, CCS-P, RHIT, RHIA?  Not sure about this.   Available to SHDAs also? Available to any production employees. Guarant ...

Precyse Answers
Apr 22, 2014

To those with questions regarding working for Precyse I can answer you.  Don't do it.  We were just informed that we now MUST make at least 260 LPH (previously was 240) OR ELSE.  That's for ASR.  The straight typing minimum line rate has gone up also---and those are few and far between plus usually only the very worst reports come in as regular transcription.  The sound quality is terrible.  A lot of the jobs go to India.  You only get credited f ...

To New At H&Ps - Answers To Your Questions And Some Advice
Feb 14, 2010

1.  Inferior vena cava (IVC) filter –  A Greenfield filter is an example of an IVC filter as is a Christmas tree filter, and there are other kinds.  They function as a sort of net to catch any emboli to prevent them from hitting the heart or lungs.   2.  If a patient has cardiac/vascular disease, there is a good chance that another will crop up, so if you have CAD (coronary artery disease) you could certainly have PAD (peripheral vascular disease), but ...

Do Any Of You Ever Post On Yahoo Answers?
Mar 16, 2012

I am not sure if tihis is the right place to post this, but I used to ask questions there all the time.  Now just recently I went on there and could not believe all the profanity and inappropriate subjects they let people post there.  It is really awful and I am shocked to see some things that are passed up for censoring.  People call each other jerks and bigoted racists all the time.  I am wondering where are their moderators and why is no one doing anything to stop thi ...

I Just Want Honest Answers And Respect
Aug 20, 2012

I am not asking for charity or a pity party but when there is no work or insufficient work to make quotas I would appreciate the company being honest about what is happening. Don't tell me the docs are all on vacation or it's summertime and no one goes to the doctor in the summertime!!!!!! And if I ask a question I would appreciate an answer and not being ignored. Thank you.  ...

Is There A Way To Do A Search That Only Includes Answers From The Last Year Or So?
Mar 07, 2011

Everytime I do a search, it comes back with  a lot of responses that date back to a few years ago. I'm looking for newer responses and do not want to weed throught the old ones to find the new ones. How can I do this?  Thank you  in advance to anyone who answers.   ...

Here's A Question, Serious Answers, NO Fighting Allowed...
Dec 24, 2011

Since I made my lines hours ago lol, and I'm messing around trying to let someone else make their lines, I've been roaming around, reading back posts.  And I swear to you all I'm not trying to cause trouble, start drama or pick fights, I just have a very serious question. For the MTs who are "struggling" or not making it, etc and to all the MTs who are sure it's a "dying field" or it's "already dead".  What keeps you in the MT field?  I know jobs are real ...

Questions And Answers From MModal Employees
Aug 18, 2012

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1441567/000119312512293940/d376248dex994.htm   Wish I had an incentive working for this company.  Oh, wait, I am on the bottom of the totem pole.  ...

Interested Parties See Mercedes Answers Below.
May 14, 2015

No, I am not a "suit." ...

PHOENIX MEDCOM - Couldn't Find The Answers
Mar 16, 2013

Hello. I looked through the archives but couldn't find the answers I was looking for. I read the post for Phoenix medcom. I am very interested in doing front office stuff while doing transcription. Does anyone do that? How does the pay work out? I would think it would supplement the transcription income. I just put in an app and was wondering what other people have experienced. Thank you! ...

Crescendo MedRite XL Seeking Answers On Line Counts
Feb 11, 2013

Throwing this out to any and all--MTs, management, office staff, programmers--regarding the Crescendo MedRite XL platform for transcription.  Went to work for a company recently using this (their one and only mode for the work to be completed) and in my multiple decades as a highly qualified and sought-after medical transcriptionist I have never worked so hard for so little. Mangement's response to my outcries regarding the pitiful line counts on their program/accounts is simply, "Jus ...

Here's A Different Kind Of Job
Nov 17, 2012

write test questions http://www.geiswriters.com/ ...

Be Kind To Your TSM Day.
Dec 04, 2014

Seriously - they are being dragged through this with us. They need their jobs just like we do. I am sure they don't like it and their kool-laid pitchers are empty but they have to play the game. Let's just don't shoot the messenger - they are just trying to survive just like us. They don't like it anymore than we do but can't say it. :) ...

What Kind Of Clamp?
Jan 28, 2010

The uterus was clamped at the adnexa with a large _______ clamp. I really can't tell what it's saying...MAYBE "angled Z clamp", but I don't really know. It is a hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. What are my choices?  ...

What Kind Of Brainiac
Jun 01, 2010

puts a stutterer on ASR? ...

Some Kind Of Biopsy
Jan 04, 2011

She also is status post sigmoid loop colostomy in 2007 with _____ biopsy.  Sounds like the doc is saying ped-rectal biopsy.  Can't find it anywhere.  Any ideas? ...

What Kind Of Imaging?
Jan 12, 2011

Hello! :) I am trying to transcribe a radiology report and the Dr. said something that sounds like "flare imaging." Is there such a thing as flare imaging? This is the sentence: ..."increased signal on (flare) imaging, larger on the left than on the right."  Appreciate any insight! ~Lotte ...

What Kind Of Computer Do You Like Best?
Aug 20, 2011

I am looking at computers (tiger direct) and dont know which kind to get for transcription.  Can you tell me any brands that you really like or to stay away from? ...

Not Funny, But It Kind Of Is.
Dec 09, 2011

Googled homeless shelters in my area to see if I could volunteer.  What do you think pops up beside the information?  "Become a medical transcriptionist at your own pace."  It should say "Become a medical transcriptionist and you may need a homeless shelter". ...

Use A Laptop For MT? What Kind Do You Have?
Feb 03, 2012

I've been perusing laptops on Amazon.  Never had one before, so don't know that much about them.  If you were going to use one for one week out of each month to transcribe on, which one would you buy?  Or, if you already use one, what kind did you buy and why?  How many USB ports does it have?  How much memory?  Screen size?   Headphone jack?  Sound quality?   How long do you work on it per day?   Pros & cons?  ...

Try This,,,Now That Im Kind Of Comfy With ASR
Mar 21, 2012

Now that I am settled in on the ASR, not saying I like it or prefer it..I did turn the music back on...I used to do it all the time when I was on straight typing..If you can find the right music, like I play stuff that I really really know well, so I hear it but I dont hear it, know what I mean...but the rhythm seems to keep me moving well..Granted some of the dictators are impossible and it has to be turned off for them.. ...

TL's Get Some Kind Of Incentive ?
Jun 01, 2012

Does anybody at Nuance know if the TL's get some kind of incentive or something when they keep their accounts in TAT? ...

If You All Could Be So Kind As To Help Me Figure Out
Nov 13, 2012

I have not been with this company a full year and I know that changing my status before 6 months will affect my hire-on bonus, but how would I go about changing from full-time to part-time?  Do I tell them this is what I want to do or do I ask my TSM?  Any help you all could offer would be great!  ...

What Kind Of Keyboard Are You All Using
May 10, 2013

I have been thinking lately about my keyboard and mouse.  What kind of keyboards are you all using.  I use the basic Microsoft Comfort Curve keyboard but considering looking for something different.  ...

What Kind Of Employee
Aug 12, 2013

I started a job and was told I was an employee but they hold out no state or federal taxes - am I really an employee or is that statutory? ...

Some Kind Of Lens
Feb 04, 2015

States patient has glaucoma.  "He wears citrus lenses which do help him some."     She is very clearly stating citrus or sitris.  I cannot find anything about this.  Anyone have any ideas?      Thanks!! ...

There Is A New Kind Of Drain Out There
Feb 06, 2015

NOT.... Dictated: required her placement onto midodrine ASR: required her placmeent on tomato drain. Folks, you can't make this stuff up ...