A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Punch out to pee? OMG - sickofthis

Posted: May 07, 2013

What the heck?  How many people really punch out to use the bathroom?  This is ridiculous!  I'm looking for a new job as of today!

why do you ask? - details please

[ In Reply To ..]
did someone tell you to do that? I don't think most people do that.

more info - sickofthis

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, by my supervisor. I quote the email "when you are not actively transcribing or editing (eating lunch, answering the door, using the bathroom, etc) you should be clocked out of teamwork"

OMG...I think we have the same super - got exactly the same email - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

I could see it if we made like $20/hr or something, - but @ 3-4 cpl? They need to get real!

[ In Reply To ..]

in her defense - possibly

[ In Reply To ..]
I could be wrong but to give your TSM the benefit of the doubt, she could be saying this because if you are clocked in but not working, it affects your paycheck. Although I am sure there is no other profession in America where people are required to clock out to pee.
Seriously? How long does it take - to pee??? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
But I have heard when we are doing research, etc., to keep up our lph, we should clock out. Illegal? I think so! It's still part of the job we are doing. Never did that when I worked in house.
well I think I would carefully ignore that - suggestion
[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you're on web cam, how are they going to know if you run to the john? I would not clock out for that.

PUNCHING OUT - Nature

[ In Reply To ..]
I had 2 reports today that were OVER 1000 sec. Now if I had to take a bathroom break, I might have to install a toilet in my office instead of a chair.
Paid breaks ?? - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought we get mandatory breaks and we do not have to clock out for taking breaks. Not sure if that is just for CA or not, but if you get paid for breaks on your check, I would question this.
it's just CA - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
It's not just CA. There are 7 states total... - melimel
[ In Reply To ..]
California, Colorado, Kentucky, Minnesota, Washington, Nevada, and Oregon.

I live in Minnesota, and I have break time added to my check when I work over so many hours in a day. My TSM emailed my group information on this.

At my in-house job........ - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
......I had before I started working at home, I didn't have to clock out, but my boss decided that I should start e-mailing her and announcing to everyone in the office everytime I went to the restroom. Then when I came back from using the restroom I had to e-mail her again and tell her and announce to everyone in the office that I was back! That's one of the reasons I ended up quitting!

Wow, what did you say to your TSM? Also, jobs seem to be - broke

[ In Reply To ..]
picking up outside MT anyway. In the past month, my 2 sons found jobs in restuarants (one in a sports bar and one in Friendly's) and both make more than me with tips. I also found out that spending 2 hours a morning delivering newspapers pays $800 a month. Not jobs that I would want but at least they are out there, and this job is becoming more and more like a sweat shop every day. Maybe as the job market picks up MM will get the karma they deserve as we all find better paying jobs that treat us better. We may even be able to pee on the clock! Just trying to be optimistic.....

Management or wanna be.... - kshel

[ In Reply To ..]
you need to figure out, you will get more production from a happy employee. If you micro manage and check every 5 minutes, YOU aren't going to last because you aren't able to do your job if you are checking on employees every few minutes. Food for thought.

I punch out for my lunch break only. The time clock - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
is ridiculous enough considering we're paid per line & not hourly anyway, so that's as far as I'm going with it. "Normal" jobs don't make you clock out everytime you pee or have a social conversation with someone, so why on earth should we? I clock in and out at the beginning & end of my shift and when I take my lunch break, just like a regular job. That ought to be plenty good enough. They hound us not to waste a single second & work like we're in a sweatshop, yet some CCM somewhere thinks we should waste time on punching in and out all day long? Insane.

I agree. I was told by my previous CCM if - mtmt2

[ In Reply To ..]
I was going to be gone for more than 5 minutes, then I could clock out. I am usually not gone more than 1 or 2 minutes at the most. I even eat while I am working, so I rarely clock out. My 2 previous CCMs are now district managers and I think they should know a bit more than these TSMs.

Similar Messages:

Hey! My Schedulesource, Punch In And Out
Feb 13, 2010

Anyone else? ...

Cannot Punch In While In Schedulesource
Dec 21, 2010

Been this way for an hour or so. ...

Can They Make Us Punch Out If We Run Out Of Work
May 31, 2012

I just do not think this is fair.  I am scheduled to work 6-2, and if they run out, I do not believe I should have to punch out.  I am still required to be watching and waiting for work.  Why should I have to sit and wait at home for 8 hours when I am only actually getting 4 hours of work?  I never used to punch out, but a few months ago my super emailed me because acording to Webclock I was punched in for 80 hours but only had 49 hours of work on the system (due to low work) ...

I Want To Punch Nuance's Crappy VR
Jan 08, 2014

That is all. ...

Do You Have To Punch In And Out On The Wedmedx Time Clock?
Feb 14, 2010

nm ...

Is It Possible To Delete A Punch From The Time Card
May 23, 2015

Brain fart, automatically signed on instead of approving my time card..dont want to bother time person with it.. ...