A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

No Jobs at MModal WEST - Jarrfan

Posted: Apr 23, 2013

For over 6 weeks now the West Branch of M-Modal has had low work or no work and everyone is scrambling to get in what hours they need, is there anyone out there who has the true skinny on whether these jobs are being sent out to India, or what the HECK is going on?  The supervisor keeps telling everyone that it is just low work, I have a hard time buying that after this long.  I need to move on......

My TSM hasn't responded yet to my email about it. - no work

[ In Reply To ..]
It's scary when there is absolutely no work! She needs to tell us what is going on.

No work at M-Modal West - jarrfan

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for letting me know I am not the only one. I think something is going on that we are not aware of and may never be told, until we get a pink slip. what a great company.

That is what happened in the North - nothing for months, then whammy

[ In Reply To ..]
People laid off and there is work again.

They shifted a bunch of work overseas, there are too many MTs, eventually they will get around to laying them off, and if you are spared, you will have an abundance of work again.

So sad, but this is the cycle, and will continue until 80% is offshored.
Is 80% the goal? - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Is that an official position? I figured it would be closer to 90% at some point. Never 100% because they have to keep up appearances.
That was stated in writing sometime back. - but not in an email
[ In Reply To ..]
It is in a paper around the time CBay took control. If I come across it on the internet, I'll post the link. It was in a statement about the company direction and how they would be making more money and how great the stock was (buy now, make big money).
stocks - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
if we were smart, years ago when we had money before MModal nickeled and dimed us to death taking away this and that, we should have bought stock in Medquist. Then at least we'd get some benefit from their sending jobs overseas and making themselves a ton of money while the majority of us US based employees sit on NJA or a decrease in their income by 1/2 or more over a few short years.
brought back on shore - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I know of 2 accounts recently brought back on shore; I'm thinking sooner or later, slowly but surely, more may be coming back; quality is a big issue from what I can piece together.
I have noticed a period of appeasement - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
They bring it back on shore, we are swamped for a few weeks or maybe 2 months and then they send it back to India (or wherever)again.
why would they bring back work from India? - Amy said
[ In Reply To ..]
Amy said their quality is every bit as good as ours, so I don't know why they would bring any back from there. ;)
Either customer complaint or new contract date coming up. - dnr
[ In Reply To ..]
We all know that Amy lied and/or is totally ignorant and/or doesn't care as long as we keep the client contract.

During periods near contract renewal date, they sometimes bring the work back over here because that is a time period when the client is most likely to put the work under greater scrutiny and actually look at reports. After the contract is signed and the client is feeling good and their guard is back down, offshore it goes again.

I would just love it if Amy would take samplings of raw (i.e., not American 100% listen QA) ILP transcription and do a full listen. Although, I doubt Amy would even know what she is listening to word-wise.

The only real chance of making sure the work stays in the USA is for doctors to actually read their reports and complain. Although, with ASR, the doctor needs to be able to remember exactly what they said as ASR is a now a tricky devil with putting in phrases and words that _could_ fit but do not match what was said and looks real. I doubt ILPs have enough English fluency to scrutinize what they see as compared to what they hear. And then, there are those who have been purported to just send through ASR to fatten their line counts.

What I am saying is directed towards ILPs other than Canada & UK as they already speak English, and I would expect them to be able to do MT as well as USA. Although, I would suspect UK ILP don't do USA work because of the exchange rate which would make them a bit more expensive than us - unless their lph rate is less than ours.
Its up to the hospitals if they want to bring it back, not MM - Some hospitals choose India because its cheaper. S
[ In Reply To ..]
I work on a team where one hospital has come and gone at least 3 times, but this last time they have not come back. MM still has their accounts, but India does their work. They have been in India for over 2yrs now. I loved their account, good dictators, tons of work, but they prefer the cheaper wages I guess and so the Indians get to do the work.

Another thing I am noticing is that I have heard hospitals are now going straight to overseas MTSOs and contracting with them. Where as they use to contract with US MTSOs and have the options to send over seas, now they are bypassing US MTSOs and going straight to the MTSOs overseas...sucks, but thats the way it is. Everyone is trying to save a dollar.

No work in West - dw

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm worried too - just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for work. At least I know I'm not being singled out.

No work, yet.. - dw

[ In Reply To ..]
In one report I had earlier, the doctor spelled out all the "hard" words, so obviously the work he's been getting has been pretty bad. Is it really worth it to the hospitals to send this work overseas?

I've noticed a LOT of spelling docs lately. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was thinking the same thing, that the work they are getting back is not so good.

Just check the samples and it becomes clear there is a whole lot of horrific work going straight to the facility.

just for chagrins - what did the doctor spell?

[ In Reply To ..]
I need to be amused

Spelled out word - dw

[ In Reply To ..]
To tell you the truth, I can't remember now!

I have had work all day and in west. First day I have had this - ppegg

[ In Reply To ..]
maybe it is your TCM. I got a new one starting today and now have constant flow of work.

Been here 5 months or so and have never run out of work. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am tier 3 though and work second shift.

All this NJA seems kind of crazy. You would think they would shift people around rather than hire new people, not that I am complaining since I have tons of work and usually super long reports that make it easier to get good line count.

P.S. new to MModal, not a newbie by a long shot.

Similar Messages:

Anybody In The West On Cornerstone Have Jobs?
Feb 19, 2013

Wondering if it's just me... TSM-DV ...

MModal Took Our Jobs
Sep 12, 2012

MModal took our jobs when the hospital we worked for outsourced to them.  We were guaranteed jobs with them and supposedly to do our own doctors, well that sure didn't happen.  Instead of working dayshift, we now work middle of the day to evening and rarely get our own doctors.  All we get are the mumblers and there is no way to make a good line count that way, but that of course will knock us out of benefits too!  It would have made more sense to give us our own doctors ...

NJA In West ....again?
Aug 07, 2010

anybody else work for the west division?  Know it's summer, but another morning got up for my early morning shift here on the east coast and NO JOBS !!!  In addition, no communiction from our yet, another, new CCM giving us a heads-up, trying to get back up accts, etc??? ????? ...

West
Jun 16, 2015

My supervisior from M*Modal Canada is transferring me to a department that is closer to my province.  She says there is more work there.  I do not have any objection to this, and I am grateful.     ...

Q-West Transcription
Mar 01, 2010

Any information on this company? ...

West Division
Apr 08, 2011

Does anyone work in the West division!   I am starting soon and wonder what you think? ...

NJA Out West, Anyone Zinged By 99% Yet ?
Jun 03, 2011

Twiddling my thumbs.  Usually get audited the first of the month, nuttin' yet.  Now that 99% is here - has anyone been affected yet 2 days later ?  Thanks - ...

Still No Email And I Am Out In The West...
Jul 10, 2011

x ...

Waytogo West,NJA Last Wk, Now
Nov 19, 2012

East/West
Mar 07, 2014

I have a question. Do the TCMs still have their book of business or when we run out of work on our "old" section, are we automatically switched to another section? I work night shift and I see lots of unassigned work but never seem to get any of those. Just wondering. TIA ...

West Region
Dec 18, 2014

Is it just me, or has anyone noticed that their line count average is sucking really bad since we got all these new accounts and then the new and improved (yeah right) software update?  And now its mandatory overtime (probably because we are struggling with the new accounts).  Yeah, I need the overtime just to make what I used to make without overtime.  ugggg. ...

Out Of Work, SA5, West Region.
Jan 08, 2010

Well, I am out of work.  A LOT of MT's have been getting on in the evenings and cleaning out my primary and secondary.  NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE until recently.  Hmmm.  Makes me now want to start popping on and work in the mornings.  After all, I wanted to work days (not evenings) to begin with, but was forced to work evenings or look for another job.  I really need to go back to school and do something else!!!  Looks like this company started changing a lot ...

Out Of Work!! SA5 West Coast
Jan 18, 2010

Nothing in our BOB, trying to help others, but work is low too.  I just found out something too!!!  I had a primary account for years and the account felt like family to me.  Knew all the doctors.  Yes, I was blessed to have this account.  Then about a year ago, I was told this account was being done by their own doctors. (Cannot remember the exact name it is called).   A lot of Providence Cinics and hospitals use it.  When  you go in for a clinic visit, a ...

No Word When The West Will Go On Lockdown? I Am NOT
Jul 13, 2010

looking forward to that at all.  If they could ensure there would be enough work during your ENTIRE shift I would have NO problem with it.  But what are we supposed to do when we get NJA.  Right now, my CCM just says to keep checking back throughout the day, which I do, and then I can almost always get my hours in that way.  Can anyone already on lockdown, FT, getting NJA shed some light on how they make up the time and if it is even possible?  ...

How's Work In The West Region?
Jun 24, 2012

Is there plenty of work?  Are the accounts good, or a lot of bad audio & ESLs?  TIA for an info!  ...

Please Tell Me That We Have Work In The West Today. Sm
Jan 27, 2014

Last week was horrendous.  I pretty much had the week off without pay of course and hoping that I can work my hours this week at least.  Never, ever had NJA situation this bad before and wondering if something is up.  I have a very uneasy feeling.  ...

Anyone Else Still OOW?? I'm In I Think West Region, Not On Fluency. NOTHING!!
Jan 31, 2014

.. ...

Transfer From West Region Radiology
Nov 30, 2010

Anyone else in West region sit and wait for months for promised new accounts that never materialized and then were told they were going to be transferred to have work only to have that not happen either? ...

West Nile Virus Treatment? (sm)
Feb 16, 2011

The patient is in a s/l *total shell* with a headrest secondary to West Nile virus, some neuromotor dysfunction, but no acute changes. This is mentioned in the HEENT exam on a discharge, not the reason the pt was admitted so have nothing else to go by and no other notes mention anything. He is just mumbling his way through this whole thing (new PA) and I cannot quite get what he is meaning, the "t" sound and "shell" are the only clear sounding parts, and googling with West Nile virus and h ...

Power Outage Out West - No Pay For Down Time !
Sep 28, 2011

CCM notes the Western power outage yesterday (approximately 5 hours) is not covered by paid down time.  However, East Coast outage later in the day was a system problem and would be covered by down time.  HUH ?  So for power outages we either make up time or use PTO.  Can this possibly be legal ?????? ...

West Region, I Am Constantly Running Out Of
Jan 20, 2012

past 6 years.  This week am told mandatory to change a week day to weekend hours and still running out of work with email stating "can make up time on a specific weekend day" (saturday).  Now am I one of the lucky ones they keep cutting off (NJA) SO AS to force working on weekend time slots (if you want to make up time which is your pay) which the CCM feels is the weak spots on the weekend.  YET, they are hiring constantly and have not hired anyone for weekends.  Am I the onl ...

Friday Morning Here In The West, No Work
Feb 08, 2013

Anyone else? I know..what a stupid question. ...

Q-West .. The Good, Bad & The Ugly .. Any Info??
Jul 23, 2013

. ...

Anyone Heard Of West Medical Transscript Nm
Feb 06, 2014

nm ...

Gamma West Template For Brachytherapy-capitalized?
Aug 02, 2013

I don't know whether to capitalize "gamma west" or not.  I can't find any reference on it. ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

No Email From Supe(s) In 5 Days...anyone Else With This Issue? West Region...
Nov 18, 2009

d ...

Been Noticing Major Decrease In Work Volumes In West
Sep 08, 2011

just wondering if anybody else in west has been noting marked decrease in work volumes.  My major acct used to have, at least on weekends, 200, 300, and even in the 400 numbers of jobs and lately the weekend work has maybe been 50 at a maximum.   I guess just another acct gone to India.    ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...