A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NJA -- So what's the Holiday today - Fat Tuesday or perhaps Paczki Day?? - Annie

Posted: Mar 04, 2014

Just ridiculous!!!  We ALL know something's going on. 

Holiday - Every day is a holiday at MM

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't matter which day of the week it is, what month it is, what the weather conditions are; either too hot or too cold, they are sending work to India and phasing out U.S. MTs and then claiming, there is a shortage in this country! Hateful louses! I quit MM because of this up and down work situation and I do a hospital in Chicago where the weather has been terrible and I have work every day and weekends (although not required to work weekends). Whatever they tell you, is a lie, whatever they do, is for their own benefit and their pockets. Again, get away from this toxic place; it totally blows!

Holiday every day - Mee too!

[ In Reply To ..]
There is work out there, dwindling, but there is work if you find a decent company to work for and it isn't MM or Nuance or any of the other big ones who off shore and lie about it. I had to quit MM as well, due to the NJA. I moved on and found a somewhat decent company to work for. There really aren't any good jobs anymore; take what you can or find something else. I still choose to do transcription and am fortunate enough to still be doing straight typing, no voice, but for how long????? I just have to take it day by day, but at least I was able to find something better than MM.

well it IS Fat Tuesday. my friend in Mobile has the day off - but its highly unlikely thats the

[ In Reply To ..]
reason you are out of work

Weather excuse - poorhouse

[ In Reply To ..]
So, I worked almost 20 years in-house at a rural hospital. During the winter, through heavy snows, there are snow routes for the ambulances to get to the facility. The maintenance department also would go pick up key employees to get to the facility. I know they have these practices in place at big city hospitals. Weather is never an excuse.

winter storm titan was the excuse I got - snaggletooth

[ In Reply To ..]
Sick of these excuses. They obviously think we are idiots.

"Well everybody knows March is the busiest month of the year ...." - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
...except when it isn't. And that usually happens only on days ending in "Y" or if there's a really really great sale going on at Macy's.

*roll eyes*

Well, it is National Poundcake Day - so put the coffee on

[ In Reply To ..]
and have a slice!

I do love a good poundcake! - whodat

[ In Reply To ..]
WD

Hey it's National Pancake Day too! - free pancakes at IHOP

[ In Reply To ..]
each guest can have one free short stack. I bet all the docs are there getting their pancakes!

My TSM said things should pick up again after National Pancake Day - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You know ... lots of GI upset, heartburn and diabetic issues. Just wait for it ... the big rush is coming. My TSM said things should be crazy busy tomorrow.

Similar Messages:

Do We Get Holiday Pay For Today
Sep 05, 2011

I know I will probably run out of work, but just wondering if what work I do get would be considered holiday pay.   Thanks in advance. ...

Is Today HOLIDAY PAY?
Sep 01, 2013

Do we get holiday pay today??  I cannot even remember the website to access MModal/employee info...so bad.  ...

Does Anyone Else Have Today Off As A Holiday? Sm
Feb 17, 2014

There have been a lot of cons posted lately about this company, and I don't disagree, but I have to say this is the first company I have worked for that gave me President's Day off as a paid holiday. I was just curious if any other companies are doing that. I honestly just thought of it is a bank holiday, nothing more. ...

Is Today A Holiday?
Feb 16, 2015

If I can plan on running out of work or not.. ...

India Had A Big Holiday Today. Did Anybody
Feb 10, 2013

notice they had a lot more work than usual Sunday? ...

How Is Work Flow Today After Holiday Slow Down?
May 27, 2014

Can't figure if work is low or once again Nuance has overstaffed the accounts. ...

They Force Everyone To Work Their Holiday, And Then There's No Work Today.
May 29, 2012

x ...

No Job Postings Since Last Tuesday?
Oct 27, 2009

Is it just my view or have there not been any new job postings in a week. Seems odd to me since there is alway a few a day. The well must have completely dried up. LOL ...

Another Happy Tuesday
Mar 19, 2013

Will the madness ever end??? ...

It's Tuesday And No Work Once Again
Mar 26, 2013

Big suprise. I sign in to work my 8 hours, NJA.   ...

OOW On This Lovely Tuesday
Sep 04, 2013

Guess all the new MTs they have hired puts us old gals out of work! I am so sick of waiting for work to come in. I have been in and out of work all morning. I am so frustrated and not a single word from the TL. Guess they don't know what to do either since it isn't their fault. ...

Happy Tuesday Morning...
Feb 16, 2010

Should I take a nap or go for a walk?   ...

MT Week / Tuesday / Take A Union Break
May 16, 2011

Suggested Activity: Keep Track of Your Donations I've heard time and again the complaint that MTs are expected to do work for which they are NOT being compensated. Well, there's a name for that – it's called "a donation." Starting today, keep track of the donations you make as an MT to your company – you can even print up a form, so you can keep track for an entire month – is it the header you don't get paid for? What exactly are the items in the header you ...

Just A Heads Up That Tomorrow Or Tuesday Is EIDS.
Nov 06, 2011

s ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Does Anyone Know For Sure About Holiday Pay?
Apr 04, 2010

higher line rate, but I can not find anything about either holidays or line rate on MQ Central.  I assumed Easter would be considered a holiday. ...

Holiday Pay?
Dec 31, 2010

Is either today or tomorrow's work paid at holiday pay rate?  Anyone know?  Thanks in advance for any responses and Happy New Year to everyone. ...

Does DSG Have Holiday Pay?
Jun 03, 2011

Just wondering....Does DSG provide holiday pay in addition to vacation PTO? ...

16 CPL Holiday Pay?
Nov 23, 2011

Which companies pay this rate for holiday lines? Mine only pays 0.13. Thanks, Reader ...

Holiday Pay...sm
Dec 30, 2011

Here's the deal...my company says if/when you work a holiday, they will give you the equivalent hours in PTO to use later on (you work 8, you get 8 PTO).  I checked with my state's DOL, and they said absolutely incorrect. You must be an exempt salaried employee for them to do this. They must pay regular employees cash money. The DOL also said that unless the company is a licensed health care facility in my state, which they are not--they only contract with ...

MM Holiday Pay?
Jun 08, 2012

15 PTOs full time per year. Do we get Memorial Day or any holidays on top of that? If I look hard enough I could probably see it in all the paperwork, but it is Friday and I am lazy. Thank you very much! ...

How Many Of You Who Had NJA Over The Holiday
Sep 03, 2013

weekend claimed "release from work without pay" on Remedy? I did. ...

Do We Get Holiday Pay For
Nov 11, 2013

x ...

Holiday Pay -
May 26, 2014

I generally work every holiday, and most of the time the work is rather low, but today it has been rather brisk.  Thinking that I might actually make a decent wage today, I was trying to remember how our holiday pay was set up or if Memorial Day was counted as one of their "holdidays."  After searching my own files as well as ENRICH I finally found it:  It is.  We get the enormous increase of.... wait for it....  25%!  Wow.  So, for editing that's just ar ...

So Much For Holiday Pay
Jul 04, 2014

So here I am, on a holiday, OOW on all my accounts.  So much for that so-called holiday pay.  ...

Holiday Pay
Nov 26, 2014

Do we get holiday pay for working Thanksgiving?  If so, how much more?  I've only been with the couple a few months.  ...

MT Holiday
Dec 23, 2014

"Alot of companies had their Christmas Parties last night, only the employees could not make it because their company is in India" Jay Leno........ Bah ...

Is Columbus Day A Holiday
Oct 12, 2009

Is Columbus Day a holiday at MQ - do we get paid time and a half today? ...

Isn't There A Holiday Pay Differential?
Nov 26, 2009

. ...