A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Love it when they dictate yawning - Thanks for the work but still need a Valium

Posted: Oct 10, 2010

Just need a breather.  Or IV tranquilizers.  In the middle of a 25-minute dictation by a sleepy, yawning, slurring, ESL - we're not talking an endoscopy or hernia repair, it's a brain surgery, and I'll be darned if I can understand a word.   More blanks than anything else.  I would love him to just hear himself when he's awake.  Just listen to himself and ask himself how anyone could possibly understand a word.  I only hope he wasn't as sleepy when he was performing the surgery.  I haven't yet gotten to the end, so don't know how the patient did. 

I hate that.... - I am currently stuck in

[ In Reply To ..]
report after report by a resident who cannot do normal pauses in sentences nor for sentence breaks for periods.

So she just goes on and on and on in the same monotone never stopping or slowing down and I continuously have to stop and go back because I can never figure out when I was supposed to make a new sentence you know it's very annoying she is just a pain in the rear end and I'm only an hour into my shift!

:)

HA! How about..... - I need to get out more...

[ In Reply To ..]
Last night had an overly enthusiastic ESL fighting to be heard over a TV in the background blaring a sports program and in between his otherwise occupied SCREAMS of "C'MON...oh for _____ sakes" to the end of the 19 minute report...which he screams, "YES!" I found myself yelling out loud..."Who WON?" LOL...I think this proves I have no life. : )

Similar Messages:

I Just Love It When They Dictate...
Mar 27, 2010

...in the middle of an airport runway.  At least it sounds like that.  It's especially so lovely with ASR, picking up as it does every random conversation in the area. ...

Yawning Dictator
Jun 17, 2010

This ANP who is dictating can't make up her mind what she wants to say and constantly corrects herself and then keeps yawning, but doesn't stop the recording or even stop speaking while she's yawning.  It's annoying me PLUS it's making me sleepy now myself. More coffee, please!!!! ...

YAWNING AND DICTATING
Jul 13, 2010

I very seldom vent or complain, but it has just got to me today.  This surgeon does such good dictation, EXCEPT when he yawns and continues to dictate.  How in the world does he think we can understand him when he does this.  It is not a little yawn either.  It almost makes me shutter when he does it.  I am sorry, I just had to finally vent after listening to him for 10 years. ...

Yawning Over The Same Bit Of Dictation
Sep 12, 2010

Had to leave a blank due to yawn (the doc, not me, although this can be a snooze fest at times).  I was hoping to fill in the blank later on when I got to the assessment.  Darn if the doc didn't yawn again over the same thing.  What are the chances of that?  Oh, well. ...

Stop Yawning At Me!!!!
Nov 09, 2010

She started out the dictation yawning and apologized for it the first time but then went on to do it 3 or 4 more times.  It's a good thing I'm near the end of my night because now I'm yawning like crazy. ...

Yawning Doctors....
Oct 22, 2012

do they really think they can be understood when they dictate while they're yawning?!  I did a dictation last week where the dictator yawned about 5 long ones and I couldn't get most of what they were saying...and here I have her again today and she's doing the same thing!  Yeesh!  At least quit talking!!!  :) ...

Stop Yawning
Feb 27, 2015

I didn't go to dental or even hygenist school. I have no idea what your saying and ASR is having a field day. ...

LOVE, LOVE Mmodal
Nov 01, 2012

Have to say, I love Mmodal.  My CCM is caring and considerate and kind.  Also, love the pay and hardly ever running out of work but when we do, that is a nice break for me.  I just put the pedal to the metal and don't take anything posted here to heart cuz, lots of angry people just wanting to take you down.  Pass on the love!!! ...

How Will YOU Dictate?
Feb 03, 2010

I see a lot of MTs returning to school and often in the medical profession.  Since the industry seems hell-bent on having all the transcription done in India, will that influence how you nurses and psychologist dictate when it is your turn to dictate, or will you be so relieved to be through with this tragedy that you won't even think about it?  Just wondering.  ...

New # For DICTATE
Nov 04, 2010

Just tried calling DICTATE (1-800-342-8283) to report outage and got message that the number has been changed, or no longer working...  Used it yesterday, but who knows any more....  Anyone have another number for DICTATE?  At least with these posts they can't tell me that i am the only one...  Getting so tired of hearing that.  ...

Cc Or ML, If They Dictate Cc....
Jan 20, 2011

I was always told to change it to mL.  ????? ...

I Dictate
Nov 17, 2014

Has anyone worked with or know anything about IDictate? Possibly losing current position so I am looking for something just in case. ...

Where Do Doctors Dictate?
Oct 13, 2011

Ok, I'm curious, but can doctos do their dictations anywhere? A lot of times, I hear a bunch of doctors in like some sort of dictation room. You can hear other doctors doing dications. I just picture a bunch of people in white coats sitting at a desk talking into a phone. lol. Other times it sounds like they're in an emergency room while an emergency is going on. People are asking for things, things are clanging around. Sometimes it sounds like they're in their own home. Had an ...

Is It Just Me Or Is This The New Way To Dictate Dates?
May 16, 2013

More and more frequently, I am getting dictators who say, "the patient underwent the procedure IN 04/11/12" or "the patient underwent the procedure ON April 2012."  It's just a little thing that's kind of annoying because you have to change the IN to ON and vice versa, but it's happening so often, I'm wondering if that's now an acceptable way to say it and I'm just not in the know.  Anyone else get this? ...

Learning To Dictate The RIGHT WAY?
Jun 04, 2013

I am an experienced nurse practitioner with seven years of experience. Now that I am working in an acute care environment, I am required to dictact all of my consultations. I have a template from which I am dictating. But from the results of my transcriptions, I could use some help from medical transcriptionists on how to dictate the RIGHT WAY. Of course, I was never taught how to dictate. I was taught how to use the telephone to dictate, but I was never taught the right way to dictate clearly ...

Did You Ever Stop To Think How Much Better You Could Dictate
Dec 15, 2013

than some of these idiots who you have to muddle through on day after day after day ad nauseum?  I am transcribing this dictator tonight who has had one patient with "infantigo" and on her "review of symptoms" she dictates "Eyes" as a subheading by itself then does HEENT later on in the review. I would be so organized if I were doing this, I would have a standard sheet for every patient with ROS and PE, then just fill in the blanks and note any abnormalties.  It would be so easy for us ...

Dictate Express - Come One, Come All, To The
Apr 10, 2014

greatest job of them all - You can be an MT here for a whopping........WAIT FOR IT........0.05 CPL!!!!!!!  Plus you can pay your own taxes and never get a paid vacation!!!  Just when you think you've seen it all.  Let's not all trample each other lining up to apply.  Please - can we all realize we're better than this and deserve better than this and not apply to these places that low ball us like this?!!??!  I think these companies will keep just seeing ho ...

If The Dictator Does Not Dictate 99.7%
Apr 15, 2014

then it is insane to expect to transcribe 99.7%.  That's all. ...

Dictate Express
Apr 26, 2014

Has anyone been hired by or worked for Dictate Express in Solana Beach, California?  I checked with BBB and they have no record of them.  Got email I was hired.  I have been scammed once this month and do not need another.  Please help???? Signed numbtypist ...

To Doctors, PAs, Any Who Dictate: When You Are
May 14, 2014

dictating a lengthy report and mentioned a dozen different doctors, do not say at the end, please cc all above because I will NOT do this.  I will not take another half hour to read your report and cc all noted physicians.  You get paid the big bucks.  Use your time, not mine that is paid by pennies!!!! ...

Maybe If You Didnt Eat And Dictate
Oct 14, 2014

#1 I would be able to understand you. And BTW, chewing like a cow is not attractive at all. And #2, you wouldn't choke on your food. And since you did choke through a word or 2, it would be nice if you re-dictated that because I have no idea what cough, cough, cough is supposed to be. I HATE this dictator, why does the company not tell her how to talk, I'm done complaining since it gets me nowhere.. ...

Please Tell These Doctors How To Dictate
Feb 01, 2015

So tired of going in an out of the ADT screen, choosing just patient because they don't dictate a day until part way through the dictation, or the referring physician. I honestly think, if someone told them it would make our lives easier they would comply..And I know this is dreaming, but dictate the CCs at the beginning of the report so it is easier to find the names and spell them correctly when you dictate them throughout the report. And by all means at the end don't say please cc ...

Ever Have A Doctor Dictate
Apr 19, 2015

I can't understand a couple of words and every time I let off the foot pedal and replay, I hear "Cracklin Rosie, get on board." "Cracklin Rosie, get on board."  "Cracklin Rosie, get on board."  Arrrrgggghhhh   ...

If They Can Dictate On A Treadmill,
Apr 22, 2015

does anyone know a way to edit/transcribe on a treadmill?   I can hear her footfalls and the sound her tennis shoes make on the belt.  Would be a great way to get my walking time in and not be so sedentary (especially with doing OT).   Not good at the keyboard commands to work audio so would need my footpedal.  ...

Ya Know What, Doc? If Ya Don't Wanna Dictate It...
May 15, 2015

Don't.  Go home and hand write it.  Quit wasting my time and my life.   ...

Physician Do Not Dictate List
Mar 15, 2010

Since we have a (lengthy) Do Not Use list, I think the doctors should be versed in proper dictating form with a Do Not Dictate list to include "next", "next number", "new line", "skip line", "and", and "uh, uh, uh" and all those other little irritating words that ASR loves!  Charge them 3 cents MORE per line of dictation if they can't maintain 98% with no blanks sent back to them!!!!!!!! ...

I Guess We Now Dictate With Our Family
May 11, 2010

I just had an idiot dictating with what sounded like his whole family in the background, foreground, everyground.  Two young girls talking and giggling and then saying goodbye to each other.  Daughter talking to mother.  Some kind of beeping noise like a piece of heavy equipment backing up....beep, beep, beep, beep.  Dictator just yapping away.  How inconsiderate!!!!  Okay, I'm done.  ...

Why Cant They Dictate Someplace Quiet?
Jun 01, 2010

There are 3 different very loud noises going off in the background and it has given me an instant migraine! ding-ding-ding-ding-ding duuuuuhhh duuh... duuuuuuhhh duuh... bong....   bong....   bong....   What is wrong with people?  How can this doctor sit there himself without screaming? This is seriously how people can just flip right off the deep end. ...

Am In Don't Know How To Dictate Chaos Crazies!! Sm
Oct 18, 2010

Okay, it is nice to have jobs again; but never in my primary.  Or this one is actually a hospital that has been added.  What do we do when we get a report that every three words it sounds as though the ESL doc is taking his finger off the record button or something and you get "the patient (hiccup hiccup) comes in (hiccup hiccup hiccup) blah blah blah indecipherable....   ?  And yet we are to send anything now with over 3 blanks to QA?   I have done this job fo ...

Funny. Seems Most Want IC Status To Dictate When They Will
Jan 04, 2011

IC status so I can work more, NOT limit myself as to how much I work. ...