A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I feel like I am fighting a losing battle here - sm

Posted: Apr 16, 2014

How does the statement assessment and plan become a heading DISCUSSION AND DECISION-MAKING? Just in case, no, this is not a job with a specific heading list. I am just not understanding this whole mess anymore. Seems like every time the "fix" or update Fluency things get worse.

...and so I quit - 2 years ago-nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xxx

Similar Messages:

Battle Sign, Is Battle Capitalized? Nm
Oct 21, 2013

nm ...

Battle Of The Blanks.
Jul 12, 2014

Yep, way back when they started this 99.6% to 99.7% junk that the clients would be complaining about blanks. ROLF As predicted, their little policy bit them in the butt. Since they implemented the 99.6% to 99.7% requirement, I have left a lot more blanks out of self defense that I normally would not have left, but if it is the least bit iffy that QA might not agree, there goes a blank. Although, no way could I "win" a contest for most improvement as I do not leave enough blanks. And, again, ...

Battle Of The Blanks
Aug 17, 2014

I wonder if this is their way of seeing who leaves the most blanks and those who do will be the first to be let go when they choose to have another lay-off.  We get an email from our TSM showing our Ultipro numbers and the percentage of blanks  by each MT plus the number of reports done. ...

Battle Of The Blanks Baseline. (!)
Jul 16, 2014

I was shocked to see my baseline at 33% of my documents. But, thus far today, I have sent about 1/3 of my documents with many blanks. Every blank I left was the result of sound issues. Hey Shaw, it's not our fault (a lot of the time)! ...

Fighting For Our Jobs
Aug 03, 2010

I am a medical transcriptionist residing in Missouri. I sent the following e-mail to my representative and I encourage every transcriptionist to send a similar letter to your representative also. Thanks in advance. Tue, August 3, 2010 6:46:49 PM Re: Righting the Wrongs at Arlington Cemetery From:   Add to Contacts To: Senator Claire McCaskill <senator@mccaskill.senate.gov>         Senator McCaskill, I so appreciate ...

Here's A Question, Serious Answers, NO Fighting Allowed...
Dec 24, 2011

Since I made my lines hours ago lol, and I'm messing around trying to let someone else make their lines, I've been roaming around, reading back posts.  And I swear to you all I'm not trying to cause trouble, start drama or pick fights, I just have a very serious question. For the MTs who are "struggling" or not making it, etc and to all the MTs who are sure it's a "dying field" or it's "already dead".  What keeps you in the MT field?  I know jobs are real ...

I Was Fired And Now My Former Employer Is Fighting My Unemployment!
Apr 30, 2012

I worked at home as an employee for a local hospital for the last 4 years.  Always worked my shift and averaged at least the minimum productivity requirement.  According to the employee handbook ALL hospital employees get two paid 15 minute breaks and one unpaid 30-minute lunch.  One evening while I was working, I took one of my 15-minute breaks and ran to pick my daughter up from school.  I was gone literally 5 minutes as the school is like one block from my house ...

While This Entire Board Is Bickering And Fighting ...
Mar 12, 2014

I'm just quietly sitting here going, "I hope I get invited to take the test".  For some of us, this is our only hope out of the MT field.  ...

Tired Of The Competition Among Us Fighting To Get All Our Hours In And After
Oct 16, 2014

Acute care MTs, I reduced my hours to part-time. Three days later I get my primary back after weeks and weeks of watching that work be done by other people.  Sick, sadistic SOBs, if you ask me.        ...

Am I Losing It Regarding
Jun 22, 2011

did we or did we not get an email that we are suppose to start using the Keystrokes intranet on Monday 06/20/11?   If I am not losing it and we did get that email, has anybody been able to access it?  just curious  . . . . . . ...

Losing Our TLs
Sep 07, 2012

Does anybody have a clue what else is in store for us next week on conference call? ...

Losing Doc's To EMR, Help!
Nov 16, 2012

I have recently learned that I will be losing 3 of my best doctors to EMR.  Since then, one of the doctors has offered to keep me on entering the clinic notes into the EMR for him.  I would still be working from home as an IC, but would need some training on their EMR system.  Any suggestions as to what I would charge for this?  I currenlty bill by cpl.  Would I now be better off to bill by the hour?  I really have no idea how to approach this.  I have never do ...

Losing My Job....
Jul 09, 2013

I am seething with anger right now.  I am losing my job of five years by the end of the week, not because of lack of work, not because my work is not up to par, but because the doctor I work for has just been brought up on charges of insurance fraud and perjury.  I have been working for an orthopedic surgeon as a medical claims reviewer who strictly does Independent Medical Examinations.  There are six girls in one office and six girls in another office in a different location.&n ...

MQ Losing Some Accounts?
Jun 11, 2011

Since the work is disappearing, and not even in status, how would we check to see of MQ lost some accounts?   ...

Losing My Touch
Aug 07, 2012

I hope it is okay.  I just need to vent a little.  I just got a new job with a very reputable company ( I prefer not to say which one) and yesterday was my first day.  I knew I would be on 100% QA.  I found out yesterday that I am only allowed to type 3 reports a day until I am off QA.  I am so upset.  I understand they have to make sure I am typing things accurately and according to format but 3 reports a day ?  Then later this afternoon I heard from the big b ...

Am I Losing My Hearing
Jun 17, 2013

I invested in a "good" or what I thought was a "good" pair of headphones a while back.  However, lately I have been struggling with dictators.  It seems like more and more of them have mumbling, stumbling speech making it EXTREMELY difficult to interpret.  In a "perfect" world, our job would be soooo much easier and not having to struggle with them mumbling, whispering, holding conversations (or at least attempting to) while dictating, and on and on. Oh well, at least I have a j ...

LOSING AN ACCOUNT
Nov 19, 2013

WHAT?  I was told that I had sent a report through with no ADT and had been " warned" of this before? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  I know nothing of this and now have lost my account.  They are truly trying to get rid of me.  this company!!!! ...

I'm Losing My Mind Or What's Left Of It!
Oct 16, 2009

I can't take it anymore.  Three weeks with more jobs than we could handle and now...... only weekend work with the worst dictators I've ever heard.  I DO mean the WORST dictators I've ever heard!  I have actually made up NEW cuss words today.. strung together in a most creative way.  You wouldn't even believe it.  I MUST get off my dead butt and find a real job or go totally insane.. OH... the drama~!  But.. really..  $%^*((*&%^**.. I co ...

FMLA - Losing Your Shift.
Jan 19, 2010

I understand you will have a job to come back to, but what if they tell you that your shift was given to someone else and offer you crapola?  Had a 12 hour window and I sure don't want to lose it.  Anyone else had this come up?   ...

Axolotl - Anyone Else Losing Serious Money Here?
Mar 03, 2010

Is it only me or is anyone else losing serious money here?  for the past 6 months I have NOT been able to make more than 950 dollars a month take-home.  now with the new program my pay is even less.  Please, is this happening to anyone else or am I being singled out.  no matter what I do I cannot make more than 220 to 250 dollars a week in may paycheck, and am onily getting paid twice a month.  I am short about 6 hours with mmodal now.  IS IT JUST ME they are doing this to?  ...

Thanks Everybody- Threat Of Losing Money
Mar 31, 2010

Can't say I am surprised that QA submissions are down- did they think we wanted to work for 1 penny a line- oh wait with my raise it is 1 penny and 2/100 of a cent! ...

Scared Of Losing My Job To India
Apr 14, 2010

Has anyone else read this?   Is it true that Nuance may get to buy Spheris?   All their transcription is done in India .... so after dedicating 15 years of my career, it will all come to an end if Nuance takes over.     http://ahdilounge.blogspot.com/2010/04/its-official-nuance-making-bid-for.html   ...

Why We Have Lost (are Losing) Are Jobs...
Aug 02, 2011

I just went to the CBAY India Facebook page - OMG - it will open your eyes even wider. Someone asked this "Rakhi" dude (he must be a suit or something) what to expect in the way of salary. No wonder MQ/CBAY wants us OUT: Dear Rakhi, An MT fresh out of training can expect a salary of 8-10 k. However, if he or she catches up fast, he can earn up to 18k including incentives. ...

Tired Of Losing Ground
Aug 06, 2012

I remember the good old days, when we actually made progress in our jobs ($$$, benefits, etc.).  Now, in addition to not getting paid holidays (unless you work them, of course), employers are prorating PTO pay.  So...even if you get paid vacation time, you're not paid anywhere near what you make when you're working.  I guess the idea is to make taking vacation so unaffordable that you don't dare take it. (?) I netted less $200 for my 2-week vacation.  That is ...

Losing My Job To Voice Recognition
Jul 10, 2013

Hello, I have never posted here before but need some advice please.  I have had my own transcription business for 7+ years working for a group of providers who are employed by a clinic.  I have had nothing but praise and appreciation shown over the years regarding my speed and quality of my work.  However, regardless of the preferences of the providers, the clinic is forcing a switch to voice recognition to save money.  They have told me it is due to nothing that I have done ...

Losing Internet Connection For A Second
Dec 28, 2013

Has anyone recently started losing their internet connection for a split second while they are working?  This just started last week and only when I am typing in Fluency.  Is this happening to anyone else? ...

Losing Money Fast
Feb 03, 2014

Is anyone else working hard and seeing a steady decline in lines/pay?   I totally despise nuance! ...

Losing Faith In Humanity
Mar 12, 2014

I have seen so much written about MModal over the few years I have been a member of this board.  About how it has "burnt transcription to the ground", how little they pay, how you never have work, your accounts are always empty, you are treated with disrespect.  Then they throw you a bread crumb, and you trample each other to get it.  It would seem like to me that now would be the time to say "NO, you will tell us the pay before we test.  You will tell us the terms of the pos ...

Losing Account-Landmark
Jun 06, 2014

Anyone else suffering from this at Landmark?  Worked for company for almost 10 years as an employee.  Now all of a sudden they lost an account, have no work available to compensate for it.  Notified us by an email which I personally never received.  Asked if I wanted to be put on a waiting list for new work.  Are you serious?  I'm just baffled that they have gone to treating their MT's this way as they have been nothing but great to work for in the past. ...

Battling The Blanks And Losing.
Jul 19, 2014

Again, around 30% of documents with blanks - about my usual reported average. 99% of those documents were due to sound issues and undocumented physician names (not allowed to spell phonetically according to CPs). Again, Shaw, the blanks are not my fault and out of my control. Now, if they would fix the audio issues, I could cut way down on my blanks. I am fed up with the sound issues, which happen to be from 1 facility, and sending document numbers to my TSM as they occur. Doubt she will ge ...