A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help -- Totally Confused - Tired MT

Posted: Oct 30, 2011

For NJA, will someone please explain to me where I post to get the 15 minutes downtime and the rest of my schedule excused, as well as where to post to get the 15 minutes downtime and the rest of my schedule PTO.  I believe they are 2 different sites.  Undecided

TIA

QCare/Service Management site/icon - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

Ok I'm Totally Confused. They Just Laid Off Sm
Apr 12, 2013

a tone of people and now they have an ad on the other website hiring MTs?  What the crap is up?  They are so mismanaged it is pathetic!  Stupid, stupid, stupid. ...

Instant Text - Totally Confused!
May 20, 2012

I'm supposed to be working now and don't have hours to spend trying to figure out how to set up and use IT 7.  All other expanders I've used are so easy to start immediately.  Can anyone just give me the commands I need to transcribe, I. E. (sorry it insists on capping that even though I never entered that short form).  I copied the keyboard commands, I. E.  Add New:  ALT +=.  This opens a short form that starts with the equals sign, which I don& ...

Totally Confused On The "endo" Surgical Instruments
Nov 18, 2012

Stedmans has endobag, Endoshears. endoscissors, Endo catch bag, EndoCinch...and on and on.  In other words no rhym or reason. and then you google and its all over the map.  Im going by Stedmans, anyone else find anything to the contrary? ...

Totally Fed Up!
Mar 21, 2011

I was supposed to have an interview with a company today at 2:00 p.m.  I sent in my work environment information prior to the interview.  A few minutes before the interview, they told me I needed to buy a lower version of  Word and they would re-schedule my interview.  I wrote back and told them thank you.  These companies are getting free office space from us and they pay us practically nothing!  They speak to us as if we were schlumps!   With all of ...

Totally Lost
Apr 29, 2011

The (leaves) of the (blood) ligament was dissected anteriorlly forming a bladder flap and posteriorlly exposing the neurovascular area of the ...  ...

How Many Of You Have Become Totally DISincentivized
Aug 31, 2012

...and yet the MTSO's just don't get it, do they? ...

Totally Depressed!
Nov 15, 2012

My net pay didn't even hit 20K this year!  And then I see that MM is advertising for more MT's, and I haven't had a full day in over 2 weeks?  What is really going on here?    Okay, done venting now.  Thanks for listening! ...

Company Says 600-650 Lph SR Is Totally Possible. Sm
May 28, 2014

So far, I cannot even make 450, which is where their incentive begins. Is the 600 a bunch of hooey/propaganda, or do people actually achieve that? I am trying to keep an open mind, but I have to say I hate it so far. It doesn't punctuate, doesn't list, totally time consuming to fix everything and for 4 cpl. :( ...

Totally Degrading
Aug 05, 2014

Last night was my first night as a Nuance employee--VR editor. No TMT online for any questions I may have. I felt like I was pounding out the reports as quick as I could.......Kept looking at my production. Are you kidding? Half way through my shift, I was about ready to cry. At the end of my shift? I figured I made 8.62/hr last night. Degrading? Oh you bet. I have 20 years experience as an MT and manager, and I am lowering myself to this to fill someone else's fat pockets? I will ...

Totally Depressing
Dec 12, 2014

So depressing...by slowing down to a snail's pace by watching every comma, paragraph break and dash so that I can pass audits, I'm now taking almost a $400/month pay cut.  Wonder if I would make more on unemployment???  This job is now laughable (and I'm sure there is a misplaced comma somewhere in this post!). ...

Totally Done Being Pimped Out By The MTSO
Mar 03, 2010

I heard a friend talk about "going Galt," so I checked it out on Google. It basically means I'm not giving away my intellect anymore for a "higher paying" job, which also means more in taxes. So, here's how I'm "going Galt." I'm quitting the MT biz and going to work in the restaurant industry.   I feel like I'm being pimped out by the MTSO. About 3 years ago I was doing 11 cents on the GROSS line count and making just under 50k a year. Now I'm at about 8 ...

C-phone Totally Blew Up. Is There A Way To
Mar 05, 2010

get it repaired?  I've Googled and cannot find anything.  Searched archives here but cannot find anything.  Second question is does any company take them to refurbish, giving you a small amount for it?  I hate to just throw the darn thing away without trying to do something with it.  TIA.     ...

Totally Botched Up Timecard
Jul 05, 2011

Can anyone tell me where I can find the instructions in order to add a correction to my time card please?  I have totally botched up my timecard in the last couple of days so for the past 2 days I have 64 hours!  I have clicked and clicked on every button there and cannot for the life of me see where I would make a correction entry.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Totally Worthless Lousy CPs
Jul 21, 2011

It would be so HELPFUL if the CPs were in any kind of uniform order with divided sections, maybe, so you would know where to look for the same info from CP to CP. ...

TOTALLY TRANSCRIPTION IS RIPPING US OFF
Jun 15, 2012

Well, they are still at it.  Totally Transcription in Missouri is still not paying people because of ????  They owe their people up to 90 days of pay.  Blamed it on the bookkeeper. etc. They must have had a great Christmas last year, no one got paid except them I guess. DO NOT DEAL WITH TOTALLY - YOU WILL SUPPORT THEIR LIFESTYLE AND RUIN YOURS. LET'S PUT THEM ON THE RED FLAG LIST SO NO ONE WILL ADVERTISE FOR THEM.   ...

I've Totally Changed My Mind . . . . Maybe
Apr 06, 2013

Thank you all for answering my questions lately.  I'm definitely at a crossroads with where I'm going.  I have an Associates Degree in medical transcription, have completed two A&P classes, two medical terminology classes, a pharmacology class, etc. and have worked as a transcriptionist for two decades.  I am now looking at either going to my local community college and adding on to my degree with a certificate program, or just recently I have considered Western Gove ...

DTS Tanked Totally Today.. For Me At Least
May 21, 2013

Totally without a job now.  I have always had 2 jobs but the way DTS pays line rate based on biweekly production, there was no way to keep a second job or get 7.21 cpl from DTS.  I was told EVERYBODY was getting laid off on the hospital account on SpeechMotion... not sure if it was 100% truth or not.  ...

Totally Baffled, Any Ideas?
Mar 21, 2014

Can anyone give me insight as to what I may be doing wrong here?  I applied to a large company as an IC for evening shift.  I passed the first interview, took the test and was told I scored very high and the QA score on the testing was 99.9%.  I have 20 years experience.  I have done straight transcription (250 plus lines per hour) and voice recognition (400 plus lines per hour) and was willing to do either one, was willing to work Friday, Saturday and Sunday evening shifts.& ...

Totally Unprofessional IMO For A Company To Name
Sep 25, 2014

a time and day to call regarding a job and then just not ...

I Am Totally Done With Medical Transcription!!!!!!
Oct 21, 2014

.....what is my reward?  Being paid minimum wage then getting fired for not being "productive" enough!  Never mind the fact that a huge portion of the docs I typed were difficult ESLs or mushmouthed docs who would not open their mouths for the life of them!  Never mind that I that I had to track down doctors that I was unfamiliar with and that the docs did not spell to make sure the correct ones got a copy.  Never mind the fact that I actually cared enough ...

Oh Mercy!! Getting A Hospital That Is Totally Alien To Me. . Sm
Apr 14, 2011

heard some of us were having problems even getting DQS to work, but I had no problem.  All of a sudden though I am getting a totally alien to me account.  ESL is usually no problem with me, but this account not only had PAs dictating the sound was so low and garbled one could understand absolutely nothing.  Also a totally alien work type to me.  Sad to say, and I do feel for those of you who have this as your primary account, but I abandoned them.  It was close to the en ...

Totally Stressed Over Making Bonus
Aug 27, 2012

I know I have a month to go yet, but today I checked Fiesa, and I am down to 99.19% with only a little over a month to go. I hate that it will affect the next entire quarter. Why can't they be reasonable and at least do monthly. Without bonus I will not be able to make ends meet. I know, I know, I'm not alone. Just had to vent. I am so stressed out and hate it! I really want to find another job, but it sounds like the grass is not any greenier anywhere else.  ...

How Many Transcenders Finding Their Work Totally
Dec 01, 2012

this just the beginning?  Accounts we know aren't just "slow," but work is poof, totally gone?  What is going on here?  Any ideas?  ...

Totally Out Of Work In North Region
Jan 21, 2013

This is BS and no, it's not because of MLK Day, either! ...

Whoa ... The Work Is Totally WIPED OUT...
Jan 01, 2014

I checked the work load last night before bed to see if I would have much to do this morning.  There was a TON ... as in, every account in the western region looked backed up, not just my accounts.  I checked 5 minutes ago and there are less than 20 facilities with work.  I've noticed this exact same thing on other holidays too.  I honestly don't think the global employees could've knocked out that much work overnight.  I doubt it seriously.  What I ...

I Totally Just Emailed My Team Lead And Put In My Notice...
Feb 28, 2011

it's just not working out for me there.  I would rather have an IC position.  I have an interview with another company.  If I get it good, if not I will go substitute teach at the school...would prob make more money.  This fall I will be going back to college to get a BS in biology.  I will be out of this disappointing career as soon as I can.  What a waste of 2 years of my time to study medical transcription and the last 4 years trying to make money doing it. ...

It Is Totally Ridiculous (and Unfair) And Crazy To Still Be Making
Jul 15, 2011

3 corrections per line when editing MQ's ASR and especially for 4 cents. And I am even stupider for continuing to do this. Grrrrr... For the last week, I have so been teetering on writing a truth-filled (and consequently not nice) letter to the ASR department condemning them for their shoddy work. Although, I'm sure I would get in plenty of trouble. ...

Crud Totally Forgot How To Sign Into Benchmark
Apr 28, 2013

total brain fog,,,the joys of fibromyalgia..any help please? ...

Valid/invalid Blanks - Totally Insane
Jun 25, 2013

Totally ridiculous this valid blank and invalid blank.  It is invalid if I don't understand it and leave a blank (which is what I am trained to do) but it is a valid blank if they however cannot understand it.  I am marked off for my INVALID blanks but not for their VALID blanks.  I do not now and never have left blanks without trying to fill them in.  These were not post audit (at least yet) but it still upsets me in that I always maintain a high level of accuracy and n ...

Did I Totally Miss It, Or Does The Tiny Print Ad By Nicole Webb Nm
Sep 21, 2012