A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONIST WEEK - anon

Posted: May 21, 2013

Let's all pat ourselves on the back for a job well done.

Transcriptionist Week? - Aaron

[ In Reply To ..]
So, who's taking us out to lunch?

WHATEVER!!! Means nothing. - Hahahaha. Show me the money.

[ In Reply To ..]
After 26 years of this crap, I make less than the day I started 26 years ago. Whatever. I am thinking of working at a movie theater during the weekends and for an incentive??? I GET TO WATCH ALL MOVIES FOR FREE!!!

Similar Messages:

Medical Transcriptionist Week - WMX
May 14, 2011

Just wondering if anyone from WMX is betting on a token gift for MT week.  Last year we got the Pharmaceutical Word Book to install on our (their) computers.  Did appreciate that.  The year before we got nice BBQ aprons with their logo on it.  This year we got yet another reduction in our ISR wages.  Hoping that was not supposed to be our gift.  I know they don't have to give us anything and expect we might get a general company-wide E-mail telling us how REMA ...

Medical Transcriptionist Week
May 24, 2013

My how far the profession has fallen One can either hate or love technology.  It brings both good and bad.  Ron Reagan proclaims glorious MT Week in 1985 and makes it sound like a truly valued function in our society.  Fast forward to the beginning of the millennium and share your story on how glorious the profession has become Does your company provide health insurance?  Yes, no, maybe?  If so, can you afford your share of the premium that is deducted from your paych ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...

NATIONAL MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST WEEK
Feb 21, 2011

National Medical Transcriptionist Week is May 16 - 22 What are you doing to celebrate it?  I'm looking for some creative ways for our work group to celebrate. ...

Happy MT Week Everyone May 17-23
May 17, 2010

nn ...

Happy MT Week!!!
May 11, 2011

I am reposting from an earlier conversation in February regarding MT Week.  I hope everyone has a good one. There were some naysayers and some that don't observe it...... There is a Secretary week - - you know where your boss gets you flowers or something. It can be fun celebrating MT Week, for us, MTs, especially if you work on site and if the dept. manager will allow you.We had games for the doctors to play, dinner for ourselves, a few gifts we got from yes, AAMT. It was a week-lon ...

Happy MT Week
May 20, 2012

I hope everyone has a great week!   ...

Just Want To Wish Everybody A Happy MT Week....
May 20, 2013

HAPPY MT WEEK TO EVERYONE!
May 19, 2015

nm ...

Happy MT Week Email
May 17, 2015

After everything this week, getting ready to lose literally half of my QC income, nice move.  Thanks for everything YOU do, Nuance.  You'll get what's coming to you. ...

HAPPY MT WEEK To All My Fellow M*Modal MTs!
May 20, 2012

Happy MT Week With Love From Nuance
May 18, 2015

Love this quote sent by TSM this morning: “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others.  And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” ~Dalai Lama Guess she is unaware of the damage their grid has done to us, huh???? Happy MT week anyway, folks!     ...

Not Happy! Nothing New With Low To No Work This Week For My Acct, I Get That And Accept It (sm)
Dec 29, 2010

and I know it's temporary.  My problem is that the company I work for requires a daily line count and expects us to work around our schedules and do anything we can to get those lines in.  Usually not a problem.  But this week is a holiday week and my husband and kids are home, and we scheduled things to do alone as well as with other family members and friends, so when my shift is over it has to be over.  Christmas Eve/Christmas morning, yesterday, and it looks like tod ...

Anyone Planning On Actually Participating In MT Week Next Week?
May 14, 2014

. ...

Payday This Week (Thanksgiving Week)
Nov 24, 2014

Does anyone know when pay will be distributed this week? A big deal seemed to be made about getting payroll in quickly, so Im wondering if pay will be released before Thursday or if its just going to be Friday as usual. ...

At 99.4% This Week, Congratulated That I Improved Over Last Week.
Feb 13, 2015

Good grief. I did not change the way I edit. It so depends on how many commas they think you should have. Yes, I made an unusual (for me) mistake last week, but the rest of passing an audit is dumb luck of whether you get a realistic auditor or Ms English wannabe. Everybody must be under pressure because of the cesspool as I see a lot of mistakes when I look up past reports to help with these mush mouths and accents. The time czar wants schedule changes, but I see no problems with turna ...

Does Your PTO Rate Now Vary Week To Week?
Feb 20, 2015

Does it now vary from week to week?  I used to always know exactly what my PTO was and could calculate it but just noticed that it varied from one paycheck a couple of months back to this past week.  How is this now figured?  So confusing ...

Happy Transcriptions Is Still Happy
Aug 19, 2013

Who in their right mind names a company "Happy Transcriptions?" In this day and age, all I see is "sad" MTs and, in my opinion, if "Happy Transcriptions" is still happy, they can only be messing even more with us poor "sad" MTs. All I can say is I am so "happy" I am so close to being on my way out of MT! ...

HAPPY TRANSCRIPTIONS - Not Happy
Nov 10, 2013

Am I the only one who feels that life is not happy at Happy Transcription?  I love the work, but the owner is totally unprofessional and needs to revamp the organization. ...

And To Think I'm Now A Transcriptionist
Oct 20, 2010

In posting a reply in a different thread, it brought back a memory I thought I'd share.  I had just turned 18 and my mom had just had surgery.  I went to the hospital to visit her but wasn't sure where she was.  The nurses asked me what surgery did my mom have.  I replied, "A vasectomy."  Oh my how the nurses laughed!  They replied, "Oh no honey, I think you mean a hysterectomy."  And look at me now, been an MT for nearly 20 years! ...

Ads For Transcriptionist's (sic)
Mar 28, 2011

When I see an ad saying that companies are looking for a few good "transcriptionist's" (sic), I always think that maybe they should be proofing their ads before submitting them.  ...

New Transcriptionist
May 03, 2011

Hello, Any and all comments to this question would be helpful. I am new in the medical transcription field. I have been having a hard time finding a job, and one day I get an email from this company. The email said they work for Affiliated Healthcare. I googled the company name and came up with a few hits as to what this Affiliated Healthcare company is. I transcribed a sample and sent back in. I received an email the next day stating they would like to hire me, to please reply to posting. I ...

TTS Transcriptionist
May 05, 2011

TTS is recruiting, that is ironic! - but so true to form in this business.  Every day I run out of work at some point during my shift and they say "We will let you know when it starts coming back in."  Meanwhile I am making no money.  I used to be a happy, loved my job, transcribing in the hospital - over 10 years ago.  Since my hospital farmed out to these companies that I have tried to work for - NOT happy, not even able to earn a decent living.   H ...

New Transcriptionist Need Help
May 31, 2011

I have just graduated and am looking for a job which is not easy.  Someone finally responded to my resume and they say that I need all these different books that are expensive and the Microsoft Professional instead of Home and Student which is more. I do not have any source of income so is there a place I can get used books and microsoft professional?? Im worried that I will spend all this money I dont have to get started and then not get the job.. Need advice please help.   ...

Editor Or Transcriptionist?
Oct 11, 2009

What do most people like, editing or transcribing? Just curious. ...

Newbie Transcriptionist
Feb 01, 2010

Do you always need a foot pedal regardless of what kind of program/setup employeers have? ...

Dinosaur Transcriptionist
Aug 01, 2010

I have been out of the workforce for 2 years. Is there anything to do to refresh my skills? Is there a program for retraining anywhere? ...

HELP FOR BURNT OUT TRANSCRIPTIONIST
Apr 20, 2011

Any ideas?  I love the people I work with and the company - but somedays I have all I can do to drag myself in here and stay focused.  Been doing transcription for 35+ years and I know I'm burnt out.  Where do we old burnt out people go?  ...

Transcriptionist Resume Help
May 28, 2011

I get a lot of MTs asking me for help with resumes so I thought I would put this out for anyone who is interested. This link downloads a sample one-page MT resume to use as a guide: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20134076/Sample%20One%20Page%20MT%20Resume.docx This link shows this same resume with some tips added. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20134076/One%20Page%20MT%20Resume%20Tips.jpg Hope this helps someone.   ...

Transcriptionist To Coder
Nov 14, 2011

Hello everyone.  I have posted here before about this topic. I am thinking about taking a coding course, probably through Andrews, and was wondering which credential to get first...the CPC or CCS?  Which one is more desirable for employers?  If there are any other credentials I would need, please let me know because I have just started researching this.  Thank you. ...