A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Good grief...CCM just called with an AUTOMATED MESSAGE! - Irritated

Posted: Dec 11, 2010

I don't think she knows my name, anyway.  I got this call asking for help to work on the accounts--while I'm working on the account!  I figured if they watch what we're doing while we're working, wouldn't they know if we are working already?!

re: auto call - Ren

[ In Reply To ..]
Doesn't it stand to reason that if it was an automated call, the machine wouldn't know you were working??? It's like those auto telemarketer calls...

AND, they ARE NOT "watching" what you are doing, they are using spread sheets and computer calculators to generate numbers to make sure that you are meeting your lines per hour and full or part time quotas for gosh sakes! We did after all sign contracts that obligate us produce to a minimum amount of work, didn't we?

What they are doing is not anything different than any other work place does, ours is just done virtually because we work at home.

I am sick and tired of so many people feeling that they are entitled to work freeling, when they want, how they want, as much or as little as they want and demand great pay when they sit down to actually "grace the company" with their presence.

Just do your job, work your hours, do it right, do as much or more than you're suppose to do and you'll be compensated.

NJA is a whole other story, that is not included in what I'm venting about.

Spread sheets, PC calculators? Duh, how bout lines worked divided - hours worked? Viola, lines per hour. Spread sheet

[ In Reply To ..]
x

re: DUH - s/m

[ In Reply To ..]
um yeah... I think that's what they were trying to convey, that it comes down to lines per hour. I agree. Do what you're suppose to do and stop being paranoid about being "watched".

gimme a break, they keep taking away from us - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

i love my job - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
so what

re: whiners - scat cat

[ In Reply To ..]
hear that... it's a tiny violin playing a sad little tune.

I've said it before, I'll say it yet again. This WAS,IS AND WILL ALWAYS be a production based job. It is what it is. It is the nature of this industry.

I dare say, if people at an outside job complained THIS much at their job place, they'd be FIRED, yet you all keep bashing, complaing, name calling, accusing, spreading the big brother is watching conspiracy theory and never, never, never are happy, ABOUT ANYTHING!

ASR is here to stay. DEAL WITH IT. Want to get that minimum wage job someday, GET AN OUTSIDE JOB! Stop making excuses. Do your job and STOP WHINING!

We have the LUXURY of working any time we want to make up those times we get NJA, so I cannot abide by those who refuse to be flexible in their schedule.

I know what's going to happen now; I'll be accused of being a SUIT. I'm not. I am a happy, respected, loyal MQ transcriptionist. Thats all.

and by the way, again by the nature of this job, YES, you are obligated to produce more lines! ASR doesn't slow us down for gosh sakes! How hard is it to read and correct?? Even at a slightly lower rate than transcription, since ASR was implemented I've done better in lines per hour!

wheeew! END OF RANT. No need to flame or reply. I have a couple of hours to make up for today.
dont tell me to stop whining. if i want to whine, i will - if you cant take it, stop reading the board
[ In Reply To ..]
x
re: scat cat - Oracle
[ In Reply To ..]
WOW! Glad you said it. I don't envy the flaming you're gonna get, but I agree 100% with what you say!
or maybe nobody flames cause nobody cares - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
re: Whine - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and you do it so well!
my, how clever you are - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
I'm not the original poster, but you are rude; this - Kiki1
[ In Reply To ..]
is a place to come to vent and I'm tired of people getting pounced on just for doing that.

You say if someone at an "outside" job complained this much they'd get fired? How naive are you? People who work in house complain JUST as much as we do, only they do it at the water cooler or out at lunch to just a few coworkers. Here we try to do the same but there are always people like you who have to get their 2 cents in. No one is forcing you to read these posts. No need to reply just to reprimand someone.
Follow your own advice - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You write "No need to reply just to reprimand someone." Yet that is exactly what you did.

People have a right to come on here and vent AND people also have the right to come on here and post replies to the venters.

As you write, "No one is forcing you to read these posts." In the same fashion, no one is forcing you to read posts that you do not like.

Again, everyone has a right to post here. And again, follow your own advice, don't read posts you won't like.
no that's not what she did; she did it to support people's right to complain - and i appreciate her posts
[ In Reply To ..]
obviously there are going to be complainers on this board. Everyone should know that, and if they can't take it, too bad. They can tell us to shut up, but that's pretty useless since it won't happen. Anyone who doesn't like what I write, can just simply stop readding; i'm not going to comply to any requests to shut up, and Kiki is right - those requests are rude. I have read Kiki's posts, and she is one of the most sincere and level headed posters out there; unlike yourself who is only looking for flames and disagreement
re: Kiki fan - pr
[ In Reply To ..]
your post is so funny! Like you're a kiki1 fan. How do you know that kiki1 is level headed and sincere for real? Perhaps they are posting under multiple names instigating the argument or arguing with themself! Just saying...

Back to the original argument. We are ALL pots calling each other kettles. That's what we come here for.

The "venting" and "disagreement" is a way of cleansing out minds. It is what it is. A fight board. Sometimes healthy arguments, othertimes whining and argumentative, but cathartic nonetheless.

I personally believe we are all endanger of being abducted by the aliens that have been visiting Alaska with much more frequency. I say to all, wrap your heads in foil now and whatever you do, keep plenty of water at your reach!
The aliens are going to take you first. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
re: pr - Scully
[ In Reply To ..]
You're hilarous! I was getting bored of the aruging then your silly post cracked me up! You're also correct, this forum IS a sounding board for EVERYONE. I'm getting my foil out right now!
"Even at a slightly lower rate than transcription..." - anonMT
[ In Reply To ..]
By my calculator, ASR paying less than half the average line rate is NOT a "slightly lower rate." And what's this BS about "ASR doesn't slow us down." Either your quality is horrible or you're full of poop. Likely both.
You're dead wrong - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
People with outside jobs do complain just as much. The only difference is, they have live human beings to complain to who can resolve their issues. We don't have anyone at the Q to vent to except each other.
Huh?? SLIGHTLY lower rate????? - Just Sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
You obviously don't know what you're talking about if you say ASR is slightly lower, it's 40% lower in fact. ASR is not efficient enough to account for a 40% reduction in pay, and if you aren't a suit, you're definitely kissing up to one!

Similar Messages:

Good Grief!
Apr 26, 2012

Just typed a code summary on a patient who expired.  ASR put "The family were spoken to in the conference room and French fries were offered!!"  was supposed to be condolences were offered.  Bizarre, yes? ...

Good Grief! It Is A Bad Habit
Jan 01, 2012

With all of the discussion about the pros and cons of sarcasm recently, it suddenly came to me that I really do have a sarcasm problem. I decided to watch a movie and put in a DVD. It came on with a message that it had been reformatted for my TV screen and I found myself talking back sarcastically TO MY OWN TELEVISION!  I said, "Oh, sure, right!"  Well that tells me that I have gotten into the habit of being sarcastic in every part of my life. When I made that sarcastic comment to my ...

Good Grief! Transcription Doctors..
Mar 06, 2010

Can Transcription Doctors get it through their heads that no one wants to work for 3 cpl and then wait 6 weeks to get paid?   Give me a break!  The postings are out of control.  Why not just beg already.  ...

Good Grief!! Is There A Trick To Doing Clinic Work? Or Am I Just Not Cut Out For It? Sm
Feb 08, 2010

In the last few months I have gone from acute care to clinic work and I cannot live off what I am making!!!  Help!!  These jobs are short, and getting in and out of them, finding docs names, addresses, dos, etc., are so time consuming, I am feel like I am going backwards!!!  HELP!! ...

Jobs Wanted Board - Oh Good Grief
Mar 02, 2011

I just posted on the Jobs Wanted Board - and it came up x 2 - I then tried to delete - and now there are 3 identical postings.....  How do I get the two extra off?  (blushing with embarrassment) - I want to get rid of the evidence as soon as possible  lol ...

Good Grief, My Time Czar Is SO Math Challenged!
Jan 28, 2015

Nm ...

Gotta Love That Automated Speech Recognition
Sep 16, 2010

Dictator said:    Sturge-Weber syndrome System typed:   stirred should we burst syndrome ...

S/L EMCET Was Called; Patient Was In PEA. MSET? M CET? Team Was Called
Oct 02, 2012

xx ...

Getting Grief
May 14, 2010

Anyone else out there doing radiology getting an unusually large amount of grief lately?  ...

S/l Grief's Goo Applied To Skin And Perineum With Diaper Change. Nm
Oct 08, 2012

nm ...

Never Heard This Before . . A "grief" View Of The Oropharyx Is Within Normal Limits (this
Feb 15, 2012

Meant to say that the patient is undergoing a nasal endoscopy and is a newborn, if that helps any.  Thanks! ...

What Is That Called?
Dec 08, 2009

When they rub your sternum with knuckles?   Doc says . . . No response to s/l noxic stimuli. ...

Has Anyone Every Heard Of A Lab Called A BVV?
Nov 20, 2009

This is an NP dictating on a pt newly placed on Coumadin for DVT. ...

My CCM Just Called. I Just Got Audited.
Jun 15, 2011

I hope this post quells some tempers and fears.  Obviously there are a lot of audits going on.  I got the call and my CCM said "just wanted to let you know that you are going great.  You were audited and are right where you need to be with quality and are above production level".  She said thank you very much and that she appreciated my hard work.  I asked her if she ever frequented this board, she said yes.  I told her about the firing posts and she said that peo ...

Patient Called 9-1-1 Or 911?
Mar 25, 2011

So-called Testing
Jan 29, 2012

Let me see if I got this right. You send me a few voice files.  You send me a few templates.  You send NO other instructions whatsoever.  I wing it, based on my years of experience and common sense.  The fact that I left out a blurb the speaker "always" wants in there (but never dictated) causes me to fail your so-called test? A blessing in disguise I think.  You should add "needs to be a mind reader" in your job post. ...

My Son Called Me Last Night
Jul 09, 2012

coming to a Holiday Inn where he lives. He said they advertised "Medical Transcription jobs - earn $40,000 a year!"  He thought I could use a good laugh. Thanks, son. ...

TTT-Anyone Called Back?
Sep 30, 2012

Anyone here called to work again for TTT? If so, are you chosing to upgrade your own PC or buy one from the company?   ...

New Radiology Ccm Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Oct 19, 2012

okay, since they fired our old manager and this new person took over, i spend more time out of work than i do working...also, the ONLY reports i get now are over 2 minutes long (in case you didn't know, radiology is paid by report)...i used to be able to bust my butt, but make a decent living...in the past two weeks, my pay has dropped by about 45% due to lack of work and distribution of reports....all since this mangament change...i don't know if she is giving them all to her old team ...

Anyone Ever Hear From Their CCM Or Whatever They Are Called Now
Feb 06, 2013

Got a new one, my 4th in a year btw, and the last one I heard from every day, at least 10 times a day with calls, e mails, etc.  This one started probably 2 weeks ago, haven't had a call from her to introduce herself, no e mail, no reply to my e mail...nothing. It is either feast or famine I guess.  I just hope when it is time for vacay,I hear from her but if I don't, guess she won't miss me when I'm gone ...

Nuance Called Me!!
Nov 12, 2014

Nuance actually called me out of the blue today regarding a job...I have heard A LOT of miserable things about them...do they still ring true?? ...

Just Called Support We Are Down
May 20, 2015

Accidenally hit my power button and logging back on I get unable to reach server..ticker number 1371940 ...

Does MQ Have Something Called Special Teams? SM
Apr 08, 2010

Group of MTs who go from account to account to help out if there is a backlog, JACHO or what have you?  You can tell if they're on your account because you keep getting the trashy doctors. I suppose you'll say the easy stuff is sent to India, but I'm just wondering.  I work for Spheris, so just thought I would ask.  Wonder how all of this is going to play out. Thanks. ...

Let Go Three Times And Called Back Again
May 04, 2010

Why does an employer, who let you go three times in three different type of work settings, yet call me back again to work for them? It is like they had a layoff a year ago with all this BS in mind. They have to know that I would hate to go back there with all this wishy-washy stuff; it is almost like they did it on purpose so that it would be a year and they could see if they could get something for nothing. I am having enough trouble trying to get out of this insane "career" without this type o ...

It's Called Trinket Trash.
May 21, 2010

I was reading the posts from below, so if anyone is interested, that is the name given to it by the people who distribute it.  You know the stuff - free little trinkets that you get from the bank with their name on it or you attend an event and it has the name of the promoter on it.  I really wish they had not sent it to me.  Now I have the responsibility of disposing of it into the garbage because trash it really is.  If it was serviceable (well, some of you have found uses ...

This So-called Upgrade Has Left Me
Sep 05, 2010

completely inadequate in doing my job. I have lost my desire to even type.  I can't believe how clunky I feel navigating around in this. I'm glad I will be gone from here soon! ...

Is There A Drug Called Lexium?
Jun 22, 2011

Patient is a GYN patient with severe left lower quadrant pain who went to the ER and received s/l lexium and Lortab.  Any advice?  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Heard Of A Company Called DTS?
Jan 21, 2011

They recently took over Wahltek.  Any info would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

Any Info On An MTSO Called
Feb 05, 2011

NM ...

HELP W2 From A Company Called CAS Resources
Mar 09, 2011

As I believe it is a company that handles the Payroll of a transcription company.   I thought I had received all my W2s, then this one pops up.  It was only for about 600 gross income.  I am thinking it may be TTS, but not sure, as I worked a little bit for them, but I thought it was in 2009, not 2010.  ...