A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For those who have been invited to test for coding. - What kind of experience do you have

Posted: Mar 11, 2014

Are you fairly new transcriptionists, been at it for years, etc? Just wondering if there is a specific criteria they are using for the first checkpoint before being offered testing. TIA

Good question. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I applied right away yesterday (impulse), and did not get the invite to test, as others who did the same apparently have.

I have only been with MModal about a year or so but have been an MT for 15+. No coding experience, but do have QA experience. Tier 3.

I was assuming it would be tier 3s with lots of experience, but that must not be enough.

I am curious also who is getting the invite.

Similar experience to you anon but a few more - years with MM. Did not get

[ In Reply To ..]
testing invite.

I am a tier 2 got an invite - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Interesting...hmmmm. Tier 3 and no invite to test. - Odd. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
I think that tells us something, doesn't it? - Skepticaltothemax
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My company was bought oh about a year and a half ago - East MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT for 13 years with prior QA experience.

tier 2...16 years...invited to test - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
X

How soon after you applied - did you get invite?

[ In Reply To ..]
I am quite astounded that tier 2's are getting the invite while some tier 3's are not. No offense, but there is a skill level difference. I am an MME and did not get invited to test and I see the difference between Tier 2 and Tier 3 work on a daily basis.

I am a tier 2 and don't want to test, want to leave this company but... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not a tier 3 because I choose not to be. What kind of generalization is it that we are not tier 3's because we can't tier up and you tier 3' have a better "skill level." I think it is a generalization that everyone wants to tier up. I for one did not and do not want to and I have been an MT for over 20 years by the way.
You are only doing tier 2 work, so by definition your skill level would be lower - than someone doing tier 3 work. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Plus a higher tier usually means crummier - accounts, which can then lower pay.
[ In Reply To ..]
Skepticaltothemax

So, reading these replies, we can pretty much forget it if we are - tier 3 or MMEs.

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

OMG ... I Just Got Invited To Test
Mar 13, 2014

Please ... no judgment ... but I'm actually really excited.  I'm the one who posted last night saying that I've just been praying for an invitation so I can at least TRY to get out of the MT business.   I'm ONLY doing this for the hands-on experience.  After 2 years I can take the test and move on.  Thank God, it's the opportunity to get out of this Godforsaken business once and for all.  Please, no bashing about my excitement.  I' ...

So Did Anyone Who Sent In A Resume NOT Get Invited To Test
Mar 16, 2014

Today is the last day to test.  Good luck! ...

SoftScript Invited Me To Test
Dec 03, 2014

I've been invited to test with them. ...

Have Any Tier 3 MTs Or Any MMEs Been Invited To Test?
Mar 11, 2014

x ...

I Applied With Accentus/Transolutions And Have Been Invited (sm)
Jan 09, 2012

to test with them. I have never been involved in editing and was wondering if I should even bother with the testing? For those who work there, are you happy? Is there enough work? Is the pay at least decent?   TIA ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...

Hired For Coding/billing/transcription, But Told No Coding
Aug 13, 2013

Accepted a job, gave 2 weeks notice, and yesterday was my first day.  I was to be helping out transcription (1000 jobs behind), and then sitting with billing and training with coding as their coder will be out on maternity leave in December.  The office is adding another surgeon, and they are rapidly expanding.  So I gave a proper 2 weeks' notice to my former employer (2 hours on the road there and back, low salary - now less than half distance and $3 more an hour) and starte ...

Certification In Coding Or AA Degree In Coding??
May 11, 2010

Is there really such a thing as an AA degree in coding?  Sounds odd to me.  Health administration or management, or RHIT I can see, but coding? Is it not better to just become Certified even if you dont have an AA degree? ...

Coding School - Fate Of Coding Due To EMR
Apr 10, 2012

Wondering if there are any coders out there who can give me an idea of the fate of coding due to the EMR. Are there still coding jobs out there? Would it be wise to attend school for coding at this point or do you think it will be lost to the EMR eventually? I live in a rural area and there are advertisements for registered/accredited coders at medical facilities, but I'm afraid of spending all that time and money on schooling only to not be able to find a job. Any information/insight w ...

Coding :: Thinking About Changing From MT To Coding
Oct 07, 2013

I am thinking about changing from MT to coding.  Are there many opportunities to work from home with coding?  What would be a good school to attend? Thank you for the help. ...

Do I Need To Take An Actual Coding Course To Learn Coding?
Feb 26, 2014

My sister is taking an online coding course and complains that there is no real "teaching," that she's basically just doing the work in the work book and entering answers online, then taking an online chapter test.  This makes me wonder about the necessity of signing up for an actual course.  I would like to learn how to code, but to me, without any actual instruction, what's the purpose of signing up for one of these online courses? ...

Coding :: Age Restriction On New Coding Students?
Apr 15, 2014

Anyone know if MM has an age restriction on new coding students? ...

Which Coding Workbook Does Your Coding Program Use
May 20, 2014

Thanks for your response.  ...

Knee Test, Sounds Like "Simon's First Test"
May 06, 2015

Doc is doing a knee exam for large meniscal tear and bone-on-bone medial compartment OA.  He says what sounds like "Simons first test" caused grade 4 posterolateral tenderness. Any ideas? Thanks, Andrea ...

Apprehension Test Is Negative. *Falk* Sign Is Negative. Speed Test Is Negative. Thanx. Nm
Nov 30, 2011

nm ...

Lab Test Name
Oct 22, 2009

Sounds like CCSR~sound familiar to anyone, because I can't confirm it and I have never heard of it. TIA! ...

S/l G-lie-a-test
Nov 08, 2009

This is in the patient's medication list. Doctor says "s/l g-lie-a-test as needed". The patient has severe dementia, hypertension, history of aggressive sexual behavior at nursing home and glaucoma.  His other medications include lorazepam and Xalatan drops. Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

3T4 Test
Dec 16, 2009

Is that right, and is that how it should be typed out? thanks. ...

The CMT *test* Is Not To See How Much You Know, But
Mar 31, 2010

If any employer wants us to have that silly so-called "certification", they'll have to do a lot better than .05 cpl (or less) added to our pay for it.  Show us the MONEY first. ...

Lab Test Pro-on
May 25, 2010

Hi could somebody help me out with the lab test sounds like pro-one, but  I am unable to verify it on google. Is it Pro-1, pro-1, Pro-One or what? ...

Another Test
May 25, 2010

He was also negative for HIV s/l EFB.  ...

This Job Is A Test . . . It Is Only A Test
Jul 19, 2010

This job is a test . . . It is only a test . . . Had this been a real job . . . it would have come with raises, promotions and other signs of appreciation!!! ...

Anyone Taken The MME Test?
Sep 01, 2010

Just curious what I might be up against if I tried it.  I've done this for roughly 12 yrs but a friend (who has been at it longer than me) failed the first part. ...

Has Anyone Taken The MME Test
Oct 08, 2010

I am going to apply for MME, and I guess then you get an invitation to take the test.  Does anyone know about this test?  Do they expect you to proof the documents from begnning to end or just fill in blanks?  Any other information would be great as welll. ...

Lab Test Help, Please!
Nov 29, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a test that s/l antiglumera BMAB?  It comes at the end of a long list of rheumatologic lab tests. ...

Another Lab Test...
Nov 29, 2010

How about a CL1Q?  Again, it is at the end of a long list of rheumatology labs. ...

New CMT Test
Jan 12, 2011

Did anyone take the new beta CMT test and find out their results? There were techical problems with scoring or something?  We've been waiting weeks and weeks and were told we would get the results no later than today, and still haven't heard anything.  ...

Before I Test For MQ....
Mar 17, 2011

can anyone tell me if they allow Windows 7 and what type of internet connect they require.  I realize most people here will tell me not to work for them, but I need a job bad. Thanks ...