A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Check your audit findings yourself - Just saying

Posted: Apr 07, 2014

Just had an audit today returned saying "failed audit".  Well I reviewed it with audio in DQM and the auditor was clearly incorrect, and in fact changed my sentence around to look pretty when the dictator in fact said exactly what I had via the ASR.   So check, check and recheck each time you get an audit.  This is the 3rd time this has happened to me in the last 30 days.  Good luck

Same thing happened to me last month - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
It was ONE FULL POINT that they marked off of a report that literally failed my Audit. If I had been lax and not listened and reviewed my Audit I would've never noticed it. My QC has *pounded* into our heads to check, check again and when you think you've checked everything, check it one more time. Don't just accept what "grade" the Auditors give your report, you have to be your own best advocate and really be diligent about listening to the reports again. Carve time out of your schedule every couple of weeks to do this, because mistakes are caught ALL. THE. TIME.

Waaaay too many employees put Auditors up on a God-like pedestal but if you only knew how many mistakes are caught by employees and our QCs you'd realize they ain't all that. My QC says they're just people who applied for the job and got it ... doesn't mean they're better at their job than any of us.

Check those Audits!!

Check your audits - But?

[ In Reply To ..]
Do they listen to you though? If you say it's wrong, will they care?

I had my one point "error" reversed - it saved my whole audit - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
When you listen to your Audit and if you come across a mistake from the Auditor, pick up the phone and call your QC right away. Part of your QC's job is to act as a sort of "liaison" between us and the Auditors. Do NOT contest an error via email ... pick up the phone and call. Explain the error as clearly as you can.

I want to emphasize this point: EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT SURE YOU ARE CORRECT, CONTEST IT ANYWAY. I have contested silly little 0.25-point errors and had several of them reversed because they've been considered "subjective".

If you have a reasonable argument against an error, your QC will listen to it herself and then argue your case for you. A reversal has never taken me longer than 24 hours to receive.

I honestly can't say enough - check everything. EVERYTHING. Don't leave the fate of your job in an Auditor's hands who may or may not know what they're doing. Keep control of your own Audit - if you're genuinely in error, learn from it so you don't make the same mistakes again and again ... but if you spot a genuine Auditor error like I did, report it. It could literally save your butt.

Question - Do you fail an audit on the score alone - or do the error rates count too?

[ In Reply To ..]
My QC sent out the scores for March and I had an average score of 99.9 with only 2 minor errors, but because they only audited 5 reports, that makes my minor error rate 40%, when the "quality metric" is a minor error rate of 25%. Just wondering if we have to worry about those error rate percentages too, or just the average score.

I believe it's just your average score, so you did great - with your 99.9 - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Similar Messages:

EGD Findings
Mar 01, 2010

Using fluroroscopy, the markedly enlarged gastric bubble was apparent, as was some enlargement of the dudenal bulb with very s/l "puff-a-teal" gas beyond where the head of the scope was located. Cannot find a reference.  Help if you can please.  Thanks! ...

EKG Findings
Feb 08, 2012

Normal axis deviated from the (s/l)"virgin" at III aVF. ...

GU Findings
Jun 25, 2013

Doctor performing a: Repair of rectovaginal fistula and peritoneoplasty. FINDINGS:  A fistula at the posterior s/l forchus just outside of the hymenal ring. ...

MRI Findings
Dec 15, 2014

On MRI findings of lumbar spine, doctor says "discogenic degenerative changes and moderate s/l diskite loss at L3-4. Can't find any reference to diskite or disckite. ...

Laboratory Findings
Jan 17, 2010

Laboratories on admission include sodium 127, potassium 6.0, chloride 98, bicarbonate 19, calcium 7.9, phosphorus 6.8, glucose 54, BUN 39, uric acid 3.1, creatinine 1.8, alkaline phosphatase 315, total protein 6.9, albumin 2.5, total bilirubin 1.6, direct bilirubin 0.7, LDH 630, ALT 47, AST 122, protime 34%, hemoglobin 13.6, hematocrit 39.9, white blood cells 4,300 with 26% polys, 56% bands, 14% lymphocytes, 1% monocytes and "2% els".  Is this how it is written? ...

Findings Jobs
Jun 15, 2010

For those quitting their jobs right now are you having any luck as an IC finding other jobs or is it getting impossible.  This is for IC and critical care work. ...

Database/Lab Findings
Sep 08, 2010

ALt 47, AST 122, _____ 34% (sounds like he's saying "chrotom").   He follows with hemoglobin 13.6, hematocrit 39.9, white blood cell 4,300 with 26% ___ (sounds like "paulies") 56% bans, 14% lymphocytes...  Any help you can offer with my two blanks would be greatly apprecaited. Cheers ...

Physical Findings
Jan 06, 2011

EXTREMITIES: There is lower extremity edema present on the s/l ocburt extremity.  On the forearms and hands are tattoos.  Thank you. ...

Tenosynovectomy Findings Sm
Mar 24, 2011

Pt with rheumatoid arthritis.  She had thickening of the tendon sheaths with the little s/l nizzle bodies visible in the fluid. ...

Hip Arthropathy X-ray Findings
Dec 15, 2011

Doctor dictates:   Radiographs show a right total hip arthroplasty that is in place and demonstrates good alignment and version. I clearly hear "version."  Is this term used to discuss x-ray findings for a total hip arthroplasty?  To what does "version" refer? Thanks! ...

Ultrasound Findings
Mar 02, 2012

History on patient: multinodular goiter and thyroid nodule. Ultrasound scan reveals diffuse heterogenous A with multiple slightly (s/l) hyperchloic hyperechoic nodular area. Not used to ultrasound terms.  I usually just do geri evals and H&Ps for a nursing home. ...

Quado Cado Findings S/l
Feb 26, 2010

MRI of her lumbosacral spine demonstrates some mild degenerative changes, but no evidence of radicular findings or codoquado findings. ...

HEENT: No _______ory Findings.
Mar 25, 2011

Any idea what this could be on a cardiac consult? HEENT:  No _____ory findings.   Thanks!!! ...

Carotid Duplex Findings
Aug 18, 2012

She had a carotid duplex done, which showed no significant hemodynamic "althralitis " changes or flow restrictive disease. cannot find anything on google - any help would be appreciated. ...

Appendectomy- Findings: *indebitus* (??) Inflamed
Nov 06, 2011

NM ...

Pulmonary Findings S/l Desenal Adenopathy
Feb 22, 2012

"There is diffuse s/l desenal adenopathy."  This is a heavy ESL dictator, so if someone could even point th way to what kind of adenopathy or lymphadenopathy someone with lung problems might have, I'd appreciate it. ...

CT Scan Findings. Does This Make Sense. Please See Message
Nov 10, 2009

There is a large structure that is filling oral contrast that does not seem to connect to the bowel on this CT scan. Does there seem to be a word missing, or does this make sense? ...

Bone Scan Findings Sounds Like Suprascan Or Superscan Appearance.
Mar 08, 2013

Bone scan.  He has diffuse metastatic disease involving the axial and appendicular skeleton with a super scan appearance.  ...

Post Audit And Now A Post Audit M Report!!
Jan 19, 2015

Has anybody gotten the above email stating now there are 2 post audit reports that we have to pull?  The regular one and now a post audit m report???  What is this for???  This gets crazier every day ...

Is It Check Rein, Check-rein, Or Checkrein Ligaments
Sep 19, 2011

NM ...

Sono Findings ... Gravity-dep Echogenic S/l "phocae" W/in The Gb
Jul 23, 2010

Sonographic findings including shadowing and gravity-dependent echogenic "phocae" within the gallbladder ...

I Got An Audit!!!
Nov 12, 2009

My score was 96.6.  All the reports docked were ASR reports, missing a few things here and there like leaving in oven instead of correcting to even - well, you get the gist.  There were no critical mistakes. Not once, in all my years working for hospitals or doctors have I had an aduit.   I'm wondering if it's just that ASR is only a year old to me and that's why I'm having issues.  Oh well.     ...

ASR Audit
Feb 10, 2011

I got 2 ASR audits lately.  Is everyone getting them?  I only do about 50 ASR reports a month and they seem to think I use my mouse too much.  I am dangernous with short-cut keys.  I tend to not stop to think and hit the wrong key and something goes whacky.  I always know where my mouse is!  Anyway, we run out of work at least 3 nights a week.  Am I supposed to master the short-cut keys so I can do my work faster and run out of work sooner and sit here longer a ...

99.75% On Audit...
Mar 15, 2011

and told I should have caught something (which I should have).  It was something trivial like suggestion versus suggestive.  Got a mail from mentor that I should have slowed down & caught this.  I've been an MT for over 2 yrs now, and it wasn't something that put a pt's health in any kind of harm.  Knew I had one very hard ESL auth go to auditing & watched it until it was done.  100%.  Any word on a nice job?  Not hardly.  Love my jo ...

QA Audit Below 99%
Oct 13, 2011

Has anyone failed their QA audit with Medquist, if so, what happens next if you have been with them for more than a year and were recently changed to a new account.??? Would appreciate some help on this oneeeeee??? ...

My Last Audit
Nov 14, 2012

Last audit was 99.4 something percent accuracy.  LPH was about 265.  But oh, too many of my reports are sent in with blanks (worst accounts I have ever worked on) and I need to send more work to QA.  Do they really think I am going to sit here and do this crap for 3 cpl?  It would not even pay my utility bill.  Think they will ever face reality? ...

What Does SC Audit Mean?
Jun 01, 2015

I really hate these weekly audits.  Do they count?? ...

Audit
Jun 28, 2015

Has anyone with MM been audited lately? Been with them 9 yrs and just had my first. Worst Mgr ever ...

Audit: What Is Passing?
Oct 29, 2009

I have gotten audited twice in the past week!  They have pulled 6 reports on me. I thought that they only do 3 and do it about twice a month.  I think something is going on there.  What is the passing score.  I know it is 98. something.  Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Been Fired Because Of A Bad Audit?
Dec 03, 2009

It's obvious they're cracking down on us, nit-picking, etc., to what end?  Everyone, myself included, seem to be getting less than 98%.  Is it just to keep us on our toes, or to have ammunition to hold against us when the time comes to ship everything to India? ...