A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Beginning week 4, NJA North. nm - anon

Posted: Sep 06, 2011

nm

NJA either - beaten down

[ In Reply To ..]
I logged on this a.m. only to find NJA again. I'm trying to finish out my notice and get out. I waited for 2 hrs and then gave up for the day. I'm not doing this the rest of the week.

NJA Either - sinkingMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Run out of work every 15 minutes, have to wait for next jobs. If I am lucky I will get two jobs before I run out again. My CCM said we could make it up this weekend.

what a bunch of crap - North MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Boy does MQ have it good. Not only do they not have to pay OT anymore on the weekends, they have brainwashed the MTs to think that the work will actually be more abundant on the weekends (which it is not because so many MTs were forced to move their schedules and the work just is not the quantity it used to be) and then everyone just ends up stealing each other's work trying to make up their hours. Like a big game of Hungry, Hungry Hippos. Yeah I have to make up hours from yesterday too (because PTO was DENIED because too many were off) but I really don't want to play the MQ game. The options of taking PTO, make up work or go unpaid are all unappealing to me. How about actually having work during my scheduled time? OMG what a concept!
bunch of crap - sinkingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you! I really need to work my schedule. There probably won't be work on the weekend either.
Crap is - exactly right
[ In Reply To ..]
The part about denying your PTO request boggles me. If you were sitting there NJA, how many MTs did they need? As for making it up on the wknd, the last time I tried to make up 2 hrs it took me 5 just to get enough jobs. I'm going to try to put in for PTO for my last few days at the Q, but I doubt it's approved as my CCM has already stopped returning my emails. I. Give. Up.
crap is exactly right - sinkingMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Are you going with another company? Do you know of any good ones? My PTO hasn't been approved for yesterday. What the heck are we supposed to do. The policy says to choose PTO, release without pay or make up time. I thought we could choose.
Emailed you. Subject line says "MQ." - Let me know if it went through...NM
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
NJA North - jt
[ In Reply To ..]
Getting really tired of NJA as apparently is everyone else in the north region. I wouldn't mind to make up an hour or 2 over the weekend, but it is hard to make up 30 hours of work in 2 days and you can't make up work when there is nothing to do on the weekends either. Either fire us or start giving helper pools.
Because I asked for PTO 2 weeks ago - North MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I had put in for PTO 2 weeks ago to enjoy the day with my family and it was denied. There is no way I was going to submit for PTO after the fact- it should have been given to me to begin with so I could have enjoyed the whole day, not just the part after I ran out of work. That's just me but I work hard for my PTO and I cannot stand frittering it away all because Medquist cannot find me work during my shift. If they denied me PTO then they better sure as heck have work, which they didn't. I am sure if my CCM ever checks her email or checks timecards she would have approved PTO but I also have the problem of her not adding it to my timecard and it not getting paid either. I lose either way.

I just don't get it, why can't MQ give you - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
guys some of our work, which is a lot and overtime available every weekend. I have never had NJA on my accounts and they are always asking for extra help from the part-time people. When I look in Documanage, I see some accounts that are in the red almost every day, why can't they use the people with NJA to catch up those accounts??

Are you a new hire? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
!

No, been with MQ over 10 years. - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Same accounts for the last 6 years and never out of work, always busy. If you look in Documanage, you will see many accounts with plenty of work, so why don't they spread it around is my question. But then, I guess that would be going back to the "cess pool" and nobody wants that, but it is better than no work at all.

Cause the left hand would have to communicate - with the right hand.

[ In Reply To ..]
And we all know that doesn't happen.

because whatever world you live in isn't MQ reality - not buying it

[ In Reply To ..]
I smell management trying to be a pot stirrer.

why on earth did you say that - management?

[ In Reply To ..]
Who is stirring pots? I think you need to go back and re-read the posts.
MQ management posts here too pretending to be MT - stirring pots
[ In Reply To ..]
The thread was all about NJA and running out of work and how the North has been low on work for months with no good explanation. Did anyone else find it odd that one post talked about OT and backlogs full of work and can't we just send you poor Mts with NJA some work? Pulease. Usually the troll posts by management aren't so obvious, but they must really be desperate to try to convince the readers of this board that all is good at the Q and those out of work are few and far between (or lazy or whatever other terms were slung around a few weeks ago). We know better.
Come on - What?
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't get that from the OPs post at all. She didn't sound like she was singing the praises of MQ; just the opposite. Oh well . .
Thank you!! - MQMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Geeze, that is why I seldom post on here because some people always read things into posts that are not there. Of course I was not singing the praises of MQ, quite the opposite wondering why a company would leave people out of work when there are accounts needing assistance. I said nothing about people being lazy or that only a few are out of work, I know better because I know how to look these things up and see for myself. I also know that at any time I could be one of those getting NJA all the time if/when my accounts are offshored.

Anyway, thank you for seeing my post for what it is, just a question maybe all the people constantly out of work should be asking of management.
Thank you!! See post to "What?" below. - MQMT No message
[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Not management, all you have to do is go - MQMT

[ In Reply To ..]
look in Documanage(click on status on left-hand side) to see proof that not all of MQ is the same as far as how much work there is. Some accounts always have late work even. But, maybe that is too hard for you to do and easier to just say "management" whenever someone says something contrary to what you believe.

I am not disagreeing some accounts do not have enough work, I can see that in Documanage, just wondering why you cannot be given work from accounts that have a lot. Geeze.

Similar Messages:

NJA Beginning Of Shift..........North NM
Jul 14, 2010

x ...

Well....beginning Week 2 Of This New Pay Plan. Sm
Dec 15, 2014

I'll wait to see hopefully by tomorrow what my pay for last week will be. Have my resume ready to go. Thinking of applying for 2 county positions - only thing holding me back is they are shift positions - 2 months of 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. and then 2 months of 6 p.m. - 6 a.m. don't know if I can sleep during the day. ...

Anyone In North Who Lost Their Huge Account Last Week With No Explanation?
Apr 19, 2010

nm ...

Interim QA Gone - North Or West (or North By Northwest) With Apologies To Alfred Hitchcock !
Apr 05, 2011

Ours from the West has (thankfully) gone back to being another MME like the rest of us poor mortals.  I found her e-mails to be bossy, snippy, condescending and picky to the point of absurdity.  The frosting on the cake was the recent e-mail that said MT's are to be held at fault if the doctor makes a mistake on a lab value, med dosage, etc.  Some people get a little taste of power and become unbearable.  I, for one, bid her a joyful farewell because ...

Anyone Who Doesn't Have Work Ask To Move To North, North Is Swamped
Oct 19, 2013

If your bob never has work, ask to move to the north. We even got an e mail from the head of work routing, stating they need everyone to work.  That never happens.  If you need work and are constantly out, ask to move. ...

A New Beginning
Apr 27, 2012

Glorious day, Glorious day!  I am outta here.  Can anyone who has also had the pleasure please tell me how to go about getting my 3 weeks of PTO owed to me and how long this process takes?  Also returning my computer and regaining my deposit on that?  FYI there are companies out there that do care....You just have to look. ...

Beginning To See A Pattern Here
Nov 20, 2009

All these companies stink and this job rots...I put my resume in on Thurs w/ Keystrokes and they hired me on Friday at a higher line rate 9cpl...Got the shift I wanted but not the days off which really doesn't matter to me, just have to flex around some existing doc appts. Never worked meditech...DocQuscribe is a hard platform to follow, it is GREAT...MQ just stinks...I tried Spheris they had their good and bad on platform..The one I am on now crescendo stinks royal in many ways..God I can& ...

P.r.n. At The Beginning Of Sentence?
Jan 07, 2011

If p.r.n. is the first word in a sentence, would it be correct to type "P.r.n." or should I combine it with the first sentence with a semicolon? I am not sure if the two sentences are directly related, though. ...

EPIC Is The Beginning Of The End...
Dec 20, 2011

Work for a MTSO who had more than we could do, EPIC on board and now are fightly over the few scraps... in a matter of weeks, things can change FAST... Time to dust off the resume.. for what it's worth.   ...

P.r.n. Or P.R.N. At The Beginning Of A Sentence
Mar 24, 2012

This has always bugged me.  It looks better with P.R.N. (all caps) at the beginning of a sentence, instead of P.r.n. (just first letter cap'd).   Also, P.O. or P.o. at the beginning of a sentence. 1.  Bactrim. 2.  P.R.N. or P.r.n. fentanyl. 3.  P.O. or P.o. steroids. 4.  Potassium.   Any suggestions? Thanks!   ...

P.r.n. At Beginning Of Sentence
Jul 14, 2012

Doctor says p.r.n. splint use as starting a new sentence. This is a verbatim account, so should it be P.r.n. splint use? ...

Not Following CP's Is Beginning To Catch Up.
Oct 04, 2012

Some clients starting to notice and complaining. But geez, some of those CP's are so lengthy and convoluted and laden with so many things we do not get paid for. Of course, the longer the CP, the more likely the client is to complain. ... Some CP's are so long and involved, those accounts really shouldn't be farmed out to those who normally do the account. To be unfamiliar with an account with so many peculiarities is inviting trouble. Choices, choice, go through that CP and m ...

Beginning Tomorrow
Feb 23, 2013

beginning tomorrow, I will be working any time, any day, whatever it takes to get my hours/lines in.  There is work in the afternoons and on the graveyard in my region and I will be there.  Whatever it takes. ...

Can't Help But Think MM Getting Into Coding Is The Beginning Of The
Mar 14, 2014

x ...

Dr. Starts With A Number At The Beginning, Does This Look Right?
Nov 05, 2009

Sixty percent of the symptoms are on the right, relative to 40% on the left. ...

Is The Worm Beginning To Turn?
Mar 20, 2010

No replies to Oncall for 6 -7 cpl.  Look down a few ads and see the pathetic one put on by Lee Perfect.  She cannot get anyone to type and says "sad but true."  It just may be that the time for the MTSOs has arrived, meaning that sooner than may have been expected they will be begging for MTs to come to work for them and it will fall on deaf ears and very still fingers.  I think most of us who have been in this profession for years have "finally had it." We are either stayin ...

Numbers At Beginning Of A Sentence
Nov 09, 2010

If a number starts a sentence like 5 mm do you spell out the 5 or start if with the 5.    TIA ...

Numbers At Beginning Of Sentence
Apr 05, 2011

I was always taught to spell out numbers at the beginning of a sentence.  Does this apply even if that number is technical and larger than ten? For example, would you type "25-mm sections were obtained."  -- OR --                                               "Twenty-five-mm sections were obtained." Thanks in advance. ...

Numbers At The Beginning Of A Sentence
Aug 14, 2011

How do you type a sentence that begins with 911? ex.  911 was called. or Nine-one-one was called. ...

VR Line Rates For Beginning MT
May 01, 2012

Anyone know the starting vr line rate for a new MT? I was offered 2.5 cpl vr and 6 cpl straight. Any comments would help!! Thanks ...

I'm Beginning To Hate Holidays!
Jan 19, 2015

Dear Dictator:  What makes you think I can understand what you are dictating when the baby is screaming it's head off, and the toddler is sitting on your lap having loads of fun banging something (the phone?), the dog starts barking, and you decide to yawn on top of all that? ...

So With Tomorrow Being The Beginning Of A New Pay Period,
Feb 15, 2015

Have I already worked my last day and didn't know it? ...

Why Does The Audio Randomly Start At The Beginning On DQS 7?!
Jun 25, 2012

This happens to me several times during a report.  I don't know if I'm hitting a key or if it's just from hitting my pedal a couple of times in a row or what.  The old DQS never did this to me...!  Very frustrating trying to constantly find where I was in my dictation before it decided to move me to the beginning yet again. ...

By The Time I Got To The End Of A CP, I Couldn't Remember The Beginning.
Nov 03, 2012

Just plain too long and too many if's and's or but's. ...

Shortcut To Return To Beginning Of Audio?
Jan 24, 2013

Does anybody know if there is a keyboard shortcut to get back to the beginning of the audio?  With 6.whatever you just went back to the beginning of the text and then did control m to put the audio there and went to the beginning because of the skip markers, now with no skip marker, it only goes back to where the actual report starts, not the beginning of the ADT, if it will go back at all.  I like 7 way better in all other aspects, but having to manually slide the audio back over with ...

Who Is Adding He Was, She Was To Beginning Of Sentences On Futernet.
Mar 27, 2013

x ...

Punched In Five Minutes Before Beginning Of Schedule
Apr 15, 2013

and no work.  Going to be a really LONG night.  What happened to the work my supervisor said there was during the night which is why I switched shifts.  If this keeps up I am out of here by the end of the week.  ...

Landmark Transcription - Beginning To Have My Doubts
Aug 29, 2013

Hi, all- I am a transcriptionist (employee) at our local hospital and we were all recently told that Landmark was taking over our transcription department. We were given severance packages and were told that we would be offered positions with Landmark to continue doing the hospital transcription. None of us have heard from Landmark yet, and I was just wondering about anyone else's experiences with this sort of transition and just how smoothly it really went. I'm beginning to have my do ...

SUM Program Beginning Medical Transcription
Jun 04, 2014

Hi all, I am new here, this is my first post.  I am currently taking online classes to become an MT.  I've just finished all the medical background training classes and the BOS.  I've just gotten the SUM program for Beginning Medical Transcription today along with my foot control.  I have to say that I am pretty nervous to be actually starting the transcribing part.  Has anyone else used this particular program in training?  Any helpful advice? Thanks he ...

HAPPY MT WEEK - Have A Great Week
May 17, 2010

To all you wonderful MTs working and slaving your lives away, Happy MT Week.  I appreciate you.  I appreciate your kindness when I have a rant or a rave, when I'm at my wits end with the constant changing around of clients, client profiles and the never ending dings being thrown at me. I appreciate knowing that I am not alone in this struggle. It is because of all of you, and only you MTs on this board that I manage to stay in this game.  We are treated as less than second class citiz ...