A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

why do docs not know what PERIOD means?! - goingcrazy

Posted: Aug 26, 2011

Doing a report right now: "the patient comes in PERIOD with complaints of blah, blah, blah, PERIOD and states that PERIOD she was blah, blah, PERIOD, blah. She was sent to see Dr. WhoCares PERIOD for blah, blah.....No joke. Drives me crazy.

It is even more fun when - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
speech wreck gets a hold of one of those dictators :-)

I had one who did that with commas - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
Her entire PE would be one long paragraph only separated by commas if I actually listened to her.

I sometimes want to say to them - we'll leave the medicine up to you, you leave the grammar up to us and we'll both play to our individual strengths.

Even worse - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
I have one doc who says comma for period and period for comma. Over the years, I've learned to just tune punctuation out entirely. What bothers me even more is a couple of docs who insist on saying "next line" every time they complete a sentence. Sometimes they are going so fast it becomes indecipherable and I wonder if they're actually saying something else and what it might be until I remember that they ALWAYS say "next line."

I wish we could REALLY type verbatim - goingcrazy

[ In Reply To ..]
That way they could see the garbage we have to sift through to make a decent report that makes sense lol :P

Going crazy ... - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, does that ring a bell!! That sounds like an ESL in a company I used to work for.

Similar Messages:

OOW Means OS For That Time Period
Oct 15, 2012

You can guarantee the out of work situations are not truly out of work. Go to ES website for your account and select "all available" files. There is usually work there, but it is off-shore.  I have experienced this on every single account I have been on over the past 5 years, ever since Nuance bought my company. Things that make you go hmmm... and connect the dots...anyone? ...

Does Anyone Know What This Means?
Aug 20, 2011

I saw this at the end of the ad on the job board for Escription, and don't understand it:   ** IF YOU’VE EVER BEEN RELEASED/LET GO FROM AN ESCRIPTION ACCOUNT FOR QUALITY ISSUES IN THE PAST, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK ON THESE ACCOUNTS, AS I WILL BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH AN ESCRIPTION ID. ** Does it mean that if you get taken off an Escription account at another job, you get banned from the system for good?  What's up with that? ...

Could Someone Tell Me What It Means When
Apr 03, 2012

have own wavplayer?  Is this like Expresscribe?  If so, is this difficult to learn?  TIA ...

If Someone Had The Means...
May 03, 2013

If someone had the wherewithall to create an oldfashioned transcription service that paid will and supported their employees they could staff a pretty good bunch of experienced and loyal employees just from this site.  If I had the means to do this I certainly would.  Someone needs to take it back to the basics. ...

Anyone Know What CODEC Means?
Jun 16, 2010

my player is experiencing a CODEC problem.  Anyone know how to check this or what this?   Maybe i have gremlins  . . . . . . ummmmmm ...

Can Someone Tell Me What Does 11 Cpl After Filter Means
Aug 02, 2010

Saw ad for PT IC for difficult pulmonology doctor ...

Does Anyone Know What MEDCX Means
Feb 14, 2014

It is under type of service.   Thank you in advance. ...

By All Means ... Enjoy :}
Jun 27, 2015

No doubt you’ve read marketing articles written by Nuance extolling the benefits its voice recognition software for medical professionals. That’s to be expected — they’re trying to sell a product. A very expensive, time-consuming, imperfect product that is not for everyone, no matter how hard they try to convince potential buyers otherwise.  But they are very good at making it seem like it’s the best thing since sliced bread.  Because the buyers believe th ...

Dr. Says Equivocally, I Wonder If He Means Equally
Nov 03, 2009

Muscle stretch reflexes were symmetric and average with a flexor plantar response on the right, and an equivocally extensor plantar response on the left.   I wonder if he means equally as the word equivocally(the meaning) doenst seem to fit ...

What Do You Think It Means When Your Company Announces
Jan 25, 2010

ASR and then today announces supervisor is no longer with the company?  ...

Self-employed Means No Unemployment. Please Help
Jan 29, 2010

I have been a self employed transcriptionist for 10 years, with great accounts that I have been lucky to have.  Today I have been told that my job may be in jeopardy. Now for months I Have sent off my resume to companies ... and NEVER hear back from them. now i have applied for outside the industry jobs... and of course nothing, and because fo the economy they only want top candidates for anything. The reality is this... If they say we aren't using you anymore, my income is gone in ...

More Insurance Coverage Means
Jul 23, 2010

Sorry if this topic has been covered before, but I haven't been able to find a thread about it. If the health care reform means more Americans will be insured, then more Americans will be using doctor and hospital services, and there will be that much more transcription to do. Do you think this is right? Shouldn't there be a much bigger volume of transcription to be done, starting in a few years? ...

So Reshuffling Of Accounts Means Nothing
Oct 19, 2012

Apparently I am still in the half of the North that has no work.  After seeing the list of accounts we supposedly have in our new BOB I had a glimmer of hope, until we got the update today that stated that most of these accounts offshore anyway.  So more accounts but not really any more work and more MTs fighting over a minimal amount of work.  Plus incentive this weekend so now it is a double whammy of no work.  Looks like I will be taking the day off ear ...

Patient Given ETO Today. Does Anyone Know What This Means.
Feb 11, 2013

This is for  behavioral health medicine in a combative patient.   Thanks. ...

New Accounts Means Lower Pay
Jul 05, 2014

It seems the minute you get used to an account and are earning a little above minimum wage, they then put you on another account and then you're back to a lower speed because there's lots of new MT Instructions to review and get used to, etc. ...

When MTSO's Don't Hire QA From Within That Means They Offshore. Right?
Oct 22, 2009

? ...

DQS Shows Yellow Light Now.....whatever That Means......
Jan 13, 2010

Red means it's down, green means it up...what does yellow mean?  Sigh.....I'm glad I came to this board first before starting my shift.  I was prepared for problems.......     ...

Nontoxic Means What In Physical Exam?
Nov 07, 2011

Hi, I'm a fairly new MT.  I come across "patient is nontoxic" often enough and I've come to think it means he is not sick/contagious.  Google searching does not yield much.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Report today had doctor describing patient who has a rash/contact dermatitis.  He begins to say he is "nontoxic" but then seems to swallow the end as if changing his mind.  My question is--Would a patient with contact dermatitis who is NOT sick in any ...

Min Wage Means More Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 28, 2015

So, I probably missed this in another post but just got an e-mail from our admin ass't saying I didn't make the minimum lines for the past pay period so will be getting paid minimum wage.  Had not realized my state raised their minimum wage for 2015 (my fault for not reading that somewhere) but that just means I now have to up my minimum lines by 20.  Cripe, 2000 per day was bad enough.  There are only so many hours in the day people.  Plus, I got "scolded" for havi ...

I Suppose This Means Training On EMR For Doctors, Nurses, PAs Etc...
Feb 12, 2010

Obama Administration to Announce  $975 Million in Health Grants  Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration today will announce $975 million in government grants to expand the use of technology in the health-care industry and train medical professionals to use new systems. The spending, part of the $862 billion economic stimulus legislation passed a year ago, will expand technology use at more than 100,000 hospitals, according to an administration official speaking on the c ...

Looking Up Docs
Jan 19, 2010

MQ told us at one point to use that ponderous webmd.com website to find docs. In my state I use the state medical assn website to find docs. TODAY the office manager for my local docs told me about the NPI website for all states.  Any doctor in practice has to have a # to be billed.  This is THE PLACE to go to find any docs you need to check on.   https://nppes.cms.hhs.gov/NPPES/NPIRegistrySearch.do?subAction=reset&searchType=ind ...

Not Just Docs
Apr 22, 2010

This is on my Facebook page:  "then all your doing is in vein!"  Lord help us, they are everywhere~~ FTR Facebook? ...

Don't You Wonder Why Some Docs Even
Feb 25, 2014

I  mean if they aren't going to enunciate a darn thing and they are so determined to get the whole thing done in 30 seconds and they don't care that there are blanks, why do they even bother?  Please doctor, point and click was invented for you.  I urge you to investigate it. ...

What Part Of PT Suddenly Means I Have 10 Extra Hours To Give??
May 12, 2015

Anybody out there in my POD and want to help me interpret our mandatory OT?  HDSM is KD and scheduler is CS.  They are awesome (I'm lucky to be in this POD and know it).  They always try to keep us off mandatory OT (unsuccessfully as of late), but I'm so confused today, reading the latest email. I'm not sure the company knows what working PART-TIME means or what agreed upon schedules mean either. I just read an email from our scheduler that I believe is stating th ...

How Some Docs Feel About EMR.........
Apr 03, 2010

Had an appt with my doctor; she was slowly typing as we talked.  I asked her how she liked typing her own records.  She said she hates it but has no choice as it is required now.  Apparently some companies are telling the hospitals that EMR is required by law.  That isn't exactly true, and the companies (such as MQ) do a lot of fibbing and twisting of the truth.  While it will be required that medical records be electronic....HOW they get there is where they are fib ...

From What I Seen When Looking Up Past Docs In DQM
May 14, 2011

People are not doing a full listen/correction. There are some pretty blatant errors, and these errors are being repeated by subsequently dictating physicians who are obviously using other documents for information (as it should be). Blatant errors such as allergy to medications that don't even exit, blatant lab errors that are counter to some of the diagnoses. I shamefully admit to not doing a full listen when I first started voice recognition was back in the beginning, but quickly noted ...

Can't Believe Docs Sign Off On VR
Jan 14, 2012

Had to go to an old report to copy/paste meds.  Read over report to be sure I had other items correctly transcribed (doc dictating at FAST pace)... he signed off on this old report with the glaring error of "pick line" in place!!  It just worries me what else is glossed over in the name of 'time and profit'.. ):  ...

Is It Too Much To Ask For The Docs To SPEAK UP
Nov 03, 2012

How can we edit/transcribe if the volume is highest on the computer, ear phone amplifiers are on, and we STILL CANNOT HEAR!  If it comes straight typing and ASR cannot pick it up, why in heaven's earth does the doctor think I CAN HEAR. I cannot!  Are these docs being passive aggressive... Oh they don't realize?!  That is just MEAN, CRUEL.  Forget that I have to make a living wage, but think about just plain RESPECT.   This vent brought to you by me getting too ...

VR - Docs Almost Say A Word
Nov 04, 2012

On VR, many times a day I hear part of a word like "s" which might be "it is" but if I add that, I might get a Nuance error.  But if I don't add it, it would be an error.  Depends on the QA person.  You really can't tell when listening to it.  This is multiple times a day!! Management should make a decision and tell us that it's not important - that we should concentrate on the important parts of the report.  I add multiple blanks to each report where I d ...

What Did These Docs DO In Med School?
Jun 01, 2014

Night after night I pretty much do the same doctors (not that I am complaining about that), but sometimes I get frustrated because I am floored at how these doctors can get through medical school and NOT KNOW how to pronounce medical terms and medications!!! This doctor pronounces tubal ligation as "Tubical ligation" and she is always mispronouncing names of medications! There are many, many other med terms  she flubs! I fear for the patients so I try and match up whatever ailment they ...