A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know what this means? - (Saw it in an Escription ad.) (s/m)

Posted: Aug 20, 2011

I saw this at the end of the ad on the job board for Escription, and don't understand it:

** IF YOU’VE EVER BEEN RELEASED/LET GO FROM AN ESCRIPTION ACCOUNT FOR QUALITY ISSUES IN THE PAST, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK ON THESE ACCOUNTS, AS I WILL BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH AN ESCRIPTION ID. **

Does it mean that if you get taken off an Escription account at another job, you get banned from the system for good?  What's up with that?

seen this ad before - sounds like it to me

[ In Reply To ..]

eScription accounts - Old grey mare

[ In Reply To ..]
My take on this statement is that only if you were taken off because of quality issues would you not be able to get an eScription ID. If you were just taken off an eScription account and put on another, no prob.

eScription - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this blacklisting... and is that legal? A ban on a person from a certain job in all companies? I know that sounds naive, but is this done in the real world other than MT?

I don't know. I started wondering if eScription - has software in it that tracks that -sm

[ In Reply To ..]
other companies using that software can use it against potential new employees. If so, that sounds very much like blacklisting. Considering what other things MT companies have been doing to us, I sure wouldn't put it past them to resort to blacklisting.

But what would quality issues with QA have to - do with getting an ID# on - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the eScription platform to do another account at another company? Don't lots of companies use eScription? I don't get what one really has to do with the other. I can see the company not wanting to hire if someone made too many errors at their old job (provided this was true, and not just overzealous QAs), but I can't see why the actual eScription platform would lock someone out of the system for that reason. I thought that statement in that job ad was very bizarre!

eScription is a company that provides the speech - recognition capacity to hospitals and

[ In Reply To ..]
other providers--who purchase eScription's services. Those same providers then also also hire MTSOs to work on the EditScript product (the part of eScription we work with) and return reports ready to post to the charts.

As for just why eScription has chosen to approve and disapprove editors, I don't know, BUT they have become so ubiquitous throughout the industry that a lot of people tossed off their work at one company probably keep showing up at others, and yet others, supposedly "new" employees but in reality the same ones who proved unacceptable.

Whatever. My concern is the draconian "EVER" quoted in 3 ads I've seen now. AS we all know, even very good people can find themselves accused of producing bad work.

As a matter of fact, I just !now! realized I may have been working on eScription some time ago at a large MTSO when one of the incompetent new managers who lost them the Cleveland Clinic account accused me of repeatedly making a lot of mistakes--when I'd been extremely scrupulous in adhering to the very complex client specifics. I was one of the apparently few people doing good work, judging by the flurry of e-mails being sent out every day, and just figured she had me mixed up with somebody else as we were new to each other. I'd seen all I needed to, though, and since I had the luxury of taking myself off the account, I did so--about a month before they lost it entirely. So, I could be considered unhireable, although they were so messed up I sort of doubt it...she did ask me to please come back later on...hmmm....
I like the eScription software, but I dont think I - would ever want to work at that company! nm
[ In Reply To ..]

I read the ad, but can't tell if it's a company that - is called Escription, or if they are - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
talking about the eScription software. Are those two separate entities? It's kind of confusing, but that alone would make me leery about applying for that job.

Escriptoin - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
True that. They are already threatening in their job ad, can you imaging say you get the job what it would be like on a day to day basis. Since when are threats good in managing people... as a technique to keep the cattle in line?

You would think ALL companies would follow this protocol - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
If this was an Escription protocol, then all companies that use the Escription platform would have to abide by this as well. I think this particular company is just FISHING. Why is it that other companies do not have issues assigning Escription IDs??

MT - Threats - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
I know from past experience both as an MTSO working with large California universities and as an MT working for others, that the people who use threats in the workplace do so because they have absolutely no management skills at all. I worked for several years for a huge national that regularly threatened its workers. I was one of them. One day I had had enough and I up and quit--without another job. By nightfall of the next day, I did have another job, with a much smaller middle-sized American MTSO, and with much nicer people who actually know how to manage people and run a workplace. I think that those who run roughshod over others will ultimately get it back. It may take some time, but what goes around always comes around in one way or the other. I am still waiting for the large national/international to get its comeuppance, but when it does, I'll spring for a bottle of Dom Perignon and laugh my head off.
Old Pro - mamt
[ In Reply To ..]
I love reading your posts but I really enjoyed this one. Thanks for the belly laugh! :)
mamt - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the kind words!
Threatening .. - Winnie
[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone can take control of their situation. I've been doing this for 30+ years now and have watched a steady decline. What I woke up and learned one day is that I have to take my life in my hands and not depend on anyone else, so I instituted what I call Plan B for Me. I have my full time and I always have extra. I make the most of the time I decide I will make available and I do what a have to do and what I want to do extra to ensure that if A disappears then B is ready to jump up to A. Then I find another B. I have had the A and B I presently have been doing for quite some time. I had a B that was not working well for me so I slowly backed off. Don't burn bridges and don't tell anyone but yourself what you are up to. It has worked for me for 15 years and I have my crazy moments when I want my own sub machine gun to blow a few folks straight to hell (this is my humor I am afraid,) but I am much less stressed than I ever was and it sure is nice. Just sit back, determine what you want and need and then methodically put it in place.
Winnie - Old Pro
[ In Reply To ..]
Yours is one of the wisest posts I have ever seen in my life. I wish I had had an opportunity to work with you.

How come there is no Company Name? nm - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Control by threats - Alice

[ In Reply To ..]
I just watched a video regarding stress. Much of it was dedicated to explaining how threats cause stress and stress interferes with our ability to learn and remember. It affects our health in so many ways.

Also, they were talking about research that shows that subordinates have much more disease than dominants. In other words, the more control you have over your environment, the less you are stressed, which will contribute to a longer and healthier life. Makes sense to me.

Anyways, any company who thinks they can control the workers by threats, is actually making it more difficult for workers to function, thereby hurting the company. Apparently, this is very basic knowledge, but not too many companies put it to use. It doesn't really take a PHD to understand how companies thrive when the workers are happy.

I've heard of relatively young MTs just dropping dead of heart attacks. I can see how the stress of not knowing if you will have work from one day to the next, or if you will earn enough money to just cover the basics of life, could be a directly contributing factor to this.

I, for one, need to take back control of my life.

Just venting. Thank you for reading my post.

Control by Threats--Happens to me a lot - MAMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for writing this. This is standard operating procedure where I work. I am both really sorry and sort of glad to know that other MTSOs do this as well. At least I know it isn't just me.

No Company Name - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
Because I have a feeling that their lawyers are meaner than my lawyers! ;)-

company name - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Back on July 26 this person also posted an ad. It is for a place in MN.

The wording for this ad as well as the pay scale - sounds a lot like TDD

[ In Reply To ..]
Transcription Doctors. I smell a rat!
I believe it is MW Transcription - yet another partner of Superior - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
-

Answer to your question - Know for a fact

[ In Reply To ..]

The company that posted that ad is a "partner" with Superior Global working on many, many acute care facilities, as are quite a few other companies. So basically what this company is saying, if you have been removed from an account (either by SGS or a different partner), you will not be given an ID through yet another partner to work on the same accounts. Maybe that clears some of the confusion? 

Similar Messages:

Could Someone Tell Me What It Means When
Apr 03, 2012

have own wavplayer?  Is this like Expresscribe?  If so, is this difficult to learn?  TIA ...

If Someone Had The Means...
May 03, 2013

If someone had the wherewithall to create an oldfashioned transcription service that paid will and supported their employees they could staff a pretty good bunch of experienced and loyal employees just from this site.  If I had the means to do this I certainly would.  Someone needs to take it back to the basics. ...

Anyone Know What CODEC Means?
Jun 16, 2010

my player is experiencing a CODEC problem.  Anyone know how to check this or what this?   Maybe i have gremlins  . . . . . . ummmmmm ...

Can Someone Tell Me What Does 11 Cpl After Filter Means
Aug 02, 2010

Saw ad for PT IC for difficult pulmonology doctor ...

Does Anyone Know What MEDCX Means
Feb 14, 2014

It is under type of service.   Thank you in advance. ...

By All Means ... Enjoy :}
Jun 27, 2015

No doubt you’ve read marketing articles written by Nuance extolling the benefits its voice recognition software for medical professionals. That’s to be expected — they’re trying to sell a product. A very expensive, time-consuming, imperfect product that is not for everyone, no matter how hard they try to convince potential buyers otherwise.  But they are very good at making it seem like it’s the best thing since sliced bread.  Because the buyers believe th ...

Dr. Says Equivocally, I Wonder If He Means Equally
Nov 03, 2009

Muscle stretch reflexes were symmetric and average with a flexor plantar response on the right, and an equivocally extensor plantar response on the left.   I wonder if he means equally as the word equivocally(the meaning) doenst seem to fit ...

What Do You Think It Means When Your Company Announces
Jan 25, 2010

ASR and then today announces supervisor is no longer with the company?  ...

Self-employed Means No Unemployment. Please Help
Jan 29, 2010

I have been a self employed transcriptionist for 10 years, with great accounts that I have been lucky to have.  Today I have been told that my job may be in jeopardy. Now for months I Have sent off my resume to companies ... and NEVER hear back from them. now i have applied for outside the industry jobs... and of course nothing, and because fo the economy they only want top candidates for anything. The reality is this... If they say we aren't using you anymore, my income is gone in ...

More Insurance Coverage Means
Jul 23, 2010

Sorry if this topic has been covered before, but I haven't been able to find a thread about it. If the health care reform means more Americans will be insured, then more Americans will be using doctor and hospital services, and there will be that much more transcription to do. Do you think this is right? Shouldn't there be a much bigger volume of transcription to be done, starting in a few years? ...

Why Do Docs Not Know What PERIOD Means?!
Aug 26, 2011

Doing a report right now: "the patient comes in PERIOD with complaints of blah, blah, blah, PERIOD and states that PERIOD she was blah, blah, PERIOD, blah. She was sent to see Dr. WhoCares PERIOD for blah, blah.....No joke. Drives me crazy. ...

OOW Means OS For That Time Period
Oct 15, 2012

You can guarantee the out of work situations are not truly out of work. Go to ES website for your account and select "all available" files. There is usually work there, but it is off-shore.  I have experienced this on every single account I have been on over the past 5 years, ever since Nuance bought my company. Things that make you go hmmm... and connect the dots...anyone? ...

So Reshuffling Of Accounts Means Nothing
Oct 19, 2012

Apparently I am still in the half of the North that has no work.  After seeing the list of accounts we supposedly have in our new BOB I had a glimmer of hope, until we got the update today that stated that most of these accounts offshore anyway.  So more accounts but not really any more work and more MTs fighting over a minimal amount of work.  Plus incentive this weekend so now it is a double whammy of no work.  Looks like I will be taking the day off ear ...

Patient Given ETO Today. Does Anyone Know What This Means.
Feb 11, 2013

This is for  behavioral health medicine in a combative patient.   Thanks. ...

New Accounts Means Lower Pay
Jul 05, 2014

It seems the minute you get used to an account and are earning a little above minimum wage, they then put you on another account and then you're back to a lower speed because there's lots of new MT Instructions to review and get used to, etc. ...

When MTSO's Don't Hire QA From Within That Means They Offshore. Right?
Oct 22, 2009

? ...

DQS Shows Yellow Light Now.....whatever That Means......
Jan 13, 2010

Red means it's down, green means it up...what does yellow mean?  Sigh.....I'm glad I came to this board first before starting my shift.  I was prepared for problems.......     ...

Nontoxic Means What In Physical Exam?
Nov 07, 2011

Hi, I'm a fairly new MT.  I come across "patient is nontoxic" often enough and I've come to think it means he is not sick/contagious.  Google searching does not yield much.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Report today had doctor describing patient who has a rash/contact dermatitis.  He begins to say he is "nontoxic" but then seems to swallow the end as if changing his mind.  My question is--Would a patient with contact dermatitis who is NOT sick in any ...

Min Wage Means More Minimum Lines Per Day
Jan 28, 2015

So, I probably missed this in another post but just got an e-mail from our admin ass't saying I didn't make the minimum lines for the past pay period so will be getting paid minimum wage.  Had not realized my state raised their minimum wage for 2015 (my fault for not reading that somewhere) but that just means I now have to up my minimum lines by 20.  Cripe, 2000 per day was bad enough.  There are only so many hours in the day people.  Plus, I got "scolded" for havi ...

I Suppose This Means Training On EMR For Doctors, Nurses, PAs Etc...
Feb 12, 2010

Obama Administration to Announce  $975 Million in Health Grants  Feb. 12 (Bloomberg) -- The Obama administration today will announce $975 million in government grants to expand the use of technology in the health-care industry and train medical professionals to use new systems. The spending, part of the $862 billion economic stimulus legislation passed a year ago, will expand technology use at more than 100,000 hospitals, according to an administration official speaking on the c ...

What Part Of PT Suddenly Means I Have 10 Extra Hours To Give??
May 12, 2015

Anybody out there in my POD and want to help me interpret our mandatory OT?  HDSM is KD and scheduler is CS.  They are awesome (I'm lucky to be in this POD and know it).  They always try to keep us off mandatory OT (unsuccessfully as of late), but I'm so confused today, reading the latest email. I'm not sure the company knows what working PART-TIME means or what agreed upon schedules mean either. I just read an email from our scheduler that I believe is stating th ...

ESL Dr States "Patient Refers Pain," But Clearly Means Reports. Leave It Or Change It?
Feb 20, 2015

For ESL doctors, account specifics direct me to change word if it is the wrong word, but leave it if its simply awkwardly stated. Dr states "Patient refers pain in upper abdomen," but clearly means reports pain. Do I leave it or change it? ...

I'm Pretty Sure That For MTSOs, "severance" Means
Apr 06, 2013

I think it's part of their "Do-not-compete" clause........ ...

Wondering If "winter Slow Down" Really Means "our Typical Overhiring And Overstaffing
Jan 30, 2013

xx ...

"para 3, Plus 0, Live 3" Anyone Know What The "plus" Means? Even QA Is Stumped.
Aug 23, 2012

nm ...

Independent Contractor Means "independent" Contractor - Sm
Oct 22, 2014

I am so tired of these companies hiring for an IC position and then when you are not at your keyboard johnny on the spot at 11 a.m. every day to start your day and sometimes start at 12 p.m. or 12:30 p.m., they are calling your cell, sending threatening E-mails.  They never stipulated in their contract that if you say, per se, you are going to work 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and you start a little later, say 12 p.m. and work until the work is completed still getting getting the work completed well w ...