A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

resume help leaving MT and going back to old career - MTnomore

Posted: May 07, 2011

I have had it with the MT world, too many cuts, account losses, scraping for pennies. I am wanting to go back to previous career. Been 10 years as MT.  How do you say MT 10 years, 20 years experience at old career and want to get back into old career? Clueless on resume stuff.

put it in your cover letter. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
x

There are a lot of places online that have - great tips for

[ In Reply To ..]
putting together attractive resumes for career changers. I probably cannot name them here. You want to highlight qualities and qualifications that you have carried through each job, as well as successes for each position. Or, do a skills based resume, where you list on-the-job skills you have learned or those from courses, hobbies, volunteer work, etc.

resume - EAL

[ In Reply To ..]
Would suggest "Summary of qualifications", highlinghting crossover areas, i.e., accuracy, attention to detail, able to prioritize, learn and implement new skills in timely manner, etc. (can you tell I do resumes on the side). Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.

Similar Messages:

I Think I Will Be Leaving This Career This Next Year
Dec 28, 2013

I was an LVN/LPN for 13 years before deciding to change careers and work from home.  I was really burned out on nursing and needed a change and I really wanted to be home with my daughter when she got home from school.  Also, the employer I had at the time would hardly let me off work when my child was sick and she was young then.  She is now 16 and is going to be driving soon.  Now that she will be driving she can drive herself to and from school and I won't have to wor ...

How Far Back Do You Go On Your Resume?sm
May 12, 2013

I'm applying for another MT job and have worked at the same company for almost 9 years. Do I really need to go back further than that? ...

Got A Call To Come Back After Leaving
Mar 26, 2015

I've seen a few posts about this in the past but can't find them now to review.  Has anyone ever responded to Nuance's request to come back?  If so, what happened?  I got a call and wondered if they really need me because I'm good or have had such a mass exodus that if they don't get qualified people to work their accounts they'll be losing them and lots of money too.  IMO, serves them right for what they did to those who worked loyally for compa ...

Career Change Back To MT?
Sep 24, 2011

I was a medical transcriptionist for 9 years, working from home.  Two years ago, I left the field and took an opportunity elsewhere.  At the time, it was a better opportunity financially.  It turns out that this position is not what I thought it was going to be.  The money is nice, but the stress and the job itself are making me miserable!  When I quit transcribing 2 years ago, I was making about 0.9 cents/line and only working part-time.  My current position pays a ...

Advice Needed For MT Career Or Going Back To School...pls Read!
Nov 20, 2009

Hello! I'm hoping to get some good, sound advice about whether I should persue a career in med trans, or go back to school to finish my degree. I'm almost finished with MT school (MTEC) and plan to test/look for job(s) around February/March 2010. My boyfriend's income is our primary source of income, any I would make would be supplemental. I've been reading A LOT (perhaps too much) lately about the difficulty/hardships MTs have in making a decent living just doing MT. I ...

For Those Who Have Their Resume Posted On The Resume Bank
Sep 25, 2012

I received a couple of very suspicious emails from someone who sounded overseas.  Just a warning. ...

QC Leaving?? Leaving More Work For MTs?
Jun 14, 2015

Sorry QC was put on the grid and suffering losses (like we have), but from my point of view the more of them leave, the more work left for us.  Isn't that horrible we are reduced to feeling that way about our co-workers??? Some QC say they are not allowed to do MT unless the account is behind, some say they are allowed when they run out of work.   From the length of time we have been suffering from OOW I have to believe they can and do jump in on our work when out of QC ...

For Those Who Need A Resume Or A Resume Facelift
Sep 04, 2013

I'm looking to get out of my job in a bad way and my resume was less than pretty. I ran across this site and it was awesome.  It's free to update your resume but charges to print or email, copy, etc.  But for a cover letter and resume was only $2.95 but will auto-renew at $34 if you don't cancel within 2 weeks.  But I did the trial period and got an awesome resume and fantastic cover letter. It's easy to use and fun. Hope this helps a little bit.  http:// ...

Resume In Resume Bank
Sep 24, 2014

Has anybody been contacted for a position by posting their resume in the resume bank? ...

Career Step - Problems Passing Career Step MT Testing
Mar 05, 2012

Anyone have problems passing Career Step MT testing.   ...

Does Anyone Ever Hear Back Anymore From Jobs Posted? In The Past I Always Heard Back Even If I Was N
Dec 10, 2012

Back To Work After Back Surgery
Aug 23, 2012

Hello, I would like to transcribe from home again. However, I HAVE to get up and walk for a few minutes at least once an hour. You see, I had to have 2 back surgeries in the last 18 months. I've been a transcriptionist for many years and this is my profession. Does anyone have a suggestion what to tell these companies that will hire you to work from home when you have to get up so much? The last company I tried had a "pop-up" box that appeared on my screen if you were up longer than 10 min ...

Leaving MQ
Mar 14, 2010

Can someone please tell me how long it takes to get 401K after leaving MQ.  I have had it.  I believe the dictators I am getting were hand picked for me, I can barely make minimum wage.   I know this has been asked before, but please answer. ...

Leaving MQ?
Jun 14, 2010

I've been sending out resumes almost daily for close to 8 months now.  I've also been on at least 20 interviews but once they actually realize I've been working at home for almost 20 years, I don't get any job offers because they "want office experience."   I've been so depressed with so many medical offices turning up their noses at me because I've been working from home.  I'm quite sure I probably know termin ...

Leaving WMX ? Re Last Pay
Sep 21, 2010

I am leaving WMX and wondered if they hold last pay until they receive their equipment back? Anybody in this position? Thanks! ...

Leaving The Q.
Jul 20, 2011

Just wanted to add my voice to the growing chorus of long-timers leaving the Q finally. The account I worked on for 15 years just up and vanished Monday - without a word to any of us. I applied for, and got, a job offer within minutes of sending my resume. I know MQ has beaten us all down over the years, but there are actually other companies and people who appreciate our abilities and stamina to say with such a company for so many years in spite of it all :) ...

Not Sad To Be Leaving The Q,
Sep 10, 2011

I've been cleaning out my office to start a new job soon, and I came across some things from the good old days, i.e., before the Q.  I found email certificates my first CCM from 10 years ago sent when I kicked it line count and quality-wise.  She didn't have to do that, but back then, we got respect as much as we gave it (I was HS back then).  I also found some old pay stubs from when I was a tier 1 and just getting into the routine.  I now make 1/6 of what I did wh ...

What I've Seen Since Leaving MT
May 01, 2012

I recently left the MT field but am in a position where I have to review medical records daily. I've come across mistakes that make me question where they came from... was it a VR report that an editor didn't catch... was it a transcription error... or was it a doctor error. Some of the things I've come across were a statement along the lines of "would've healing well"... I figure this was supposed to be something like "wound is" healing well. I came across a discrepancy ...

To Those Leaving MT
Sep 13, 2012

Curious, as to those getting out of MT, where are you going? I am soooo dissatisfied with this profession today. My wages are half what they were hourly only 4 years ago (VR for me is not profitable). The account specs get more and more complicated and you have to work on at least 5 or 6 accounts to keep work. Add in the hard to understand accents (I mean can't even understand the dictator's name half the time) and the left off demographics, and it is a recipe for low, low wages. I liv ...

I'm Leaving
Sep 20, 2012

Since ASR and off-shoring came along I have been wanting to leave the industry and after 5 years of procrastinating I finally took the plunge.  I have been applying and interviewing and after turning down two offers from different companies I finally accepted a position a couple days ago as a nurse aide with 1/2 hr lunch which food is provided, two 10 minute breaks, every other weekend off, every other holiday off (time and a half pay when I do work holidays), $.30/hr extra weekend pay, 4% ...

Leaving MT! Got Another Job!
Oct 26, 2012

I just got a job working for a Medical Records company.  I will be attaching scanned medical records into the EMR.  I am so thrilled I won't have to sit at my computer waiting all day for work to come in to make little money.  For those of you that are looking to get out of MT, it can be done.  Don't give up. ...

So Now Leaving A Mg Off A Med
Dec 27, 2014

That just seems weird. I get if it's supposed to be mcg and you put mg, something doctors often do in their dictation, but leaving off the mg, 3.0? They are really digging deep into every document to find the means to which to cut our pay. I could never do QA/QC with this company, too nasty. We are perpetual victims, but they have become the freaking Spanish Inquisition. Honestly. ...

Leaving, Not Sure Where But Cannot Take It Any More
Mar 08, 2015

Left this company once before, to another company that was worse, if you can believe that and I will say their name Pre____. You should get it figured out. What has happened with this switchover from Enterprise 5 to Editscript 11 is beyond belief. I'm the one who cannot pend reports, have reached out to everyone and anyone I can think of including IT solution center multiple multiple multiple times and this is falling on deaf ears. My TSM tells me to work on the Editscript account full we ...

How To Resume?
Sep 07, 2010

Haven't written a resume in years. How do you write one if you have been at the same place for 11 years?  Isn't that as far back as they are looking for?  Appreciate tips. ...

Help With Resume
Mar 31, 2011

I am trying to get back out there but I need help with my resume which I absolutely hate doing.  Could someone please email me some suggestions.  I would like to try and get back into an office setting doing anything!  ...

I Am In Need Of Help With My Resume
Jun 29, 2011

Dear Fellow Transcriptionists: I am in need of a career counsler who specializes in resumes. I live in Chevy Chase, Maryland, which is outside of Washington, D.C. and I need someone to help me with my current resume so that it is current. I know that there must be a company who can help me who does not live in the D.C. area who can help me telecommuting. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you. Fondly, Suzie ...

OK ... I Did It, Just Sent My Resume
Mar 11, 2014

I read every line to all of the posts here for the last 24 hours, slept on the decision and thought a lot about it this morning.  Even in putting my resume together my hands were shaking ... not sure if it's the right decision or not.  But I'm trusting, trusting, trusting.  I feel like I've weighed every option and taken every scenario under consideration and my final decision is, I HAVE to make a move.  The days of transcription with this company are extremel ...

Just Sent Resume To
Mar 28, 2014

ad on mtdy, first ad on page (QMedET Solutions). does anyone have any info on them or are currently working for them? any info would be appreciated. tnx. ...

To Those Leaving The MT Field
Mar 01, 2010

How long do you think MT'ing will be around?   I'm going back to school to become a social worker, something i've always wanted to do, and need the income while i'm in school.  In fact, today was my first day.  Its an online course and it will take some adjusting, but I feel its time.  I'm following a dream, MT'ing was supposed to be temporary but it is such a cushy job, who would want to leave it?   I think the problem is, there ...

Thinking About Leaving MT, But...
Mar 02, 2010

I am not sure what jobs to apply for as I have only worked as a medical transcriptionist for over 10 years.  I guess I am wondering if my skills as an MT only would make me more hireable in any other medical profession, or is it just looking at Walmart for me now, lol  TIA for any advice. ...