A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

feel so discouraged-sm - discouraged

Posted: May 15, 2012

I just started with a new company. I've only been working a few weeks.  I feel lost.  No training to speak of on their software.  They often do not answer e-mails and on top of that they send e-mails every week threatening that if you do not do more, do it better, faster, etc. you will be out of a job.  Wow.....nice!  I am working hard and I do adhere to my committed hours and turn in quality work.  I don't know what else I can do.  I don't understand how they expect ppl to stay with them if this is how they treat their MTs.  Thanks for listening.

you're allowed to give their name you know - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Please share name - new job

[ In Reply To ..]
I would it if you could please share their name. I am about to start a new job and would love to have warning if it is a bad place to be. TIA!

Similar Messages:

I'm So Discouraged
Oct 22, 2009

In the last month, i've had nothing but in-audible dictation to one degree or another.  Either ESL, plus background noise, bad audio/file, extremely fast talking, in-depth and complicated procedures with at least two corrections on each sentence.  Also running out of work at the beginning of the shift.  It just seems very hopeless and I worry about my finances all the time, and my health.  Just wanted to vent some, I just can't believe how awful its become here, I a ...

I Just Am So Discouraged.
Dec 28, 2009

I just had to send a report with 67...yes.. that's right, 67 QA markers.  I've been with this company since 2002, and never have I had such a difficult time with dictators.  I could make out about every 10th word or so.  To the poor soul who has to correct this report.. I am just so sorry.  I believe the most I've ever sent in after all these years was 19, and I thought I'd die when that happened.  I'm ready just to quit.... I don't make an ...

Discouraged
Apr 06, 2012

I'm so discouraged.  I just started and I'm not used to SR.  I'm not even close to what I need to get for line counts.  I only have done straight transcription in the past.  At this point, I want to throw in the towel, but it has been less than a week.  I totally dread going to work and I have NEVER felt that way with my other MT jobs.  Sorry for the depressing message, I'm just so lost.  And - I'm sure anyone that is used to SR would l ...

Getting So Discouraged....
Feb 28, 2014

I've been looking for a way out for over a year. Unemployed currently. Have applied to a multitude of jobs in my area.  No luck.  So I thought about pharm tech school.  Went to the school to register, class is full til next Jan.  So I'm back to searching MT jobs again, hating it, knowing the slave wage I will be offered.  Used to be in the past, if I applied for 5 jobs, I would get at least 4 responses and was able to pick and choose which company I wanted to ...

Tired And Discouraged
Jun 24, 2010

I was recently laid off as the account I was working on went to India.  I desperately need to be working as I have 2 kids to support.  I was offered a job at 0.03 a line editing.  I am debating whether I should accept this as it falls under the heading of  a job is better than no job and waitiing in the employment office really sucks and unemployment only pays $300 a week and this has to be more than that, right?  So my question is, do I take thiis and if so what kind of ...

New MT...feeling Very Discouraged
Sep 29, 2010

Hi, I have recently graduated from an MT program and have been spending a lot of time on this forum. It has made me think that I may have made a huge mistake. I understand that times are hard, but does anyone have any good advice? I just have been getting discouraged so much lately. I have two young children and want to be able to stay home and help my husband to take care of our family. He already works two jobs as it is (in the health care field) and we just want to get ahead. Did I make a mis ...

Downtrodden And Discouraged
Jun 09, 2011

Anyone else losing self-respect because they continue to stay working for a company they have little respect for any more? And for the lurking corporate suits out there, I would like to ask you your opinions on why YOU think people continue to work for the company after multiple pay cuts and almost impossibly high quotas to achieve? Do you think we have some kind of blind loyalty to the company that would compel us to even work for free?  Do you think we speak in loving tones when referenci ...

Very Discouraged About Job Situation.
Jan 26, 2012

I have been in business for 30 years and I have never seen things this bad. I am currently out of work, after having steady work for the last 5 or 6 years. This is new for me and after applying for several companies and no response, I am very discouraged. The companies say they are bogged down with applications and not able to reply to everyone. I feel for all you out there who are out of work now. God help us all. I guess all we can do is pray for a miracle at this point. ...

Beyond Discouraged RE QA Audits
Apr 29, 2012

I don't usually post here - guess I've reached my discouragement limit for the night! I work on a very difficult account as I'm sure many of you do as well, and I spend a great deal of time listening and re-listening to these difficult dictators to make sure I am hearing correctly.  I just checked my audits again and see that I have received another 1 point deduction on a post audit for something they heard differently that I apparently did.  It frustrates me no end that ...

Feeling Very Discouraged
Aug 14, 2012

Good morning, everyone. I know a few of you followed the last couple times I posted about how I had gotten a new job with a reputable company and they would not let me off full QA and how I was getting only three reports a day. I then posted the news was better on Friday because I was let off QA and given two more accounts. This morning I am feeling pretty low. I now have a total of four accounts and no work in any of them. I was hired as an IC and told I would have steady work and that I ...

So Discouraged Fiesa
Aug 17, 2013

I don't usually post on here but I am so discouraged with the Fiesa major/critical errors - is anyone else getting them because they say you left a word out?  I listen SO HARD anymore (I even went and had a hearing test and Dr. check last week and my hearing is fine) to hear everything and yet apparently I'm not hearing everything.  I am in tears most of the time now. Sorry, I just wondered if anyone else has noticed an increase in this type of error lately.  Thanks ...

Overwhelmed, Scared, Discouraged
Jun 11, 2010

I just went through training with a new company. They seem like very nice people. But I feel so overwhelmed with everything that we went through in training, in a way I've never felt before. I feel unprepared to do my job on my start date. (Thankfully, it's not today). I feel like I can log in, and that's it. My trainer just blazed through everything as if I knew what she was talking about, as if I had done it all before. Like I said, she was super, super nice. But I feel lik ...

MT Training - Depressed, Discouraged
Aug 28, 2010

I graduated back in May of this year, from the MT program at a local two-year college. The program was a one-year program, but due to the way the required courses were scheduled, it took two years of attending full-time to finish it. I'm starting to wish I had discovered MTStars before I enrolled in the program; if I had known then what I know now about the MT field, it would have saved me almost $10,000 in tuition for training that feels worthless now! As I read postings by experienced ...

Bummed, Dejected And Discouraged
Jul 08, 2011

Found out today that I didn't get the transcription job with the local hospital. Wasn't even granted an interview, just told that there were "lots of applicants and to keep checking back." I was so hoping for a way out of the sQrew.   ...

Discouraged That QA Is Taking All The Good Work
Jun 26, 2014

While I sit here with the boring run-of-the-mill work. I know they are allowed to do this, but it doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I don't blame them. I blame the powers that be who decided that was okay. I'm bored out of my mind. I really am. Maybe I should send some more work their way so I can get some decent work that won't put me to sleep. No, probably not a good idea. When I was working as a QA, I sure didn't do that. Just a vent. ...

Discouraged...are There Legit Good Companies Out There
Jan 13, 2015

I'm certainly getting discouraged by reading more and more on this board.  I used to work for MModal when it was Medquist and they seem just as bad on here.  TTS has bad reviews.  Seriously other than working at an office, which simply isn't feasible for me, are there any reputable, legit companies out there?  I went to the job seeker's board, but it seems it's all FT, or Nuance/TTS/MModal.  Glad I kept my other job, but I had wanted a little extra i ...

Man, I Feel For New MTs...
Aug 07, 2010

I was just looking at the Word Help board - I can't imagine working at home by myself, having no one to ask for help.  When I first started, you could turn to the person next to you and get some help.  They've really been thrown to the wolves.  Good luck, all!! ...

Feel The Same Way
Sep 10, 2010

as the poster below.  I think the lag in our computers now with the 6.1 is either because the ILPs are "observing" while we are typing or there is a spyware included to watch our keystrokes and screens.  Getting paranoid. ...

Does Anyone Else Feel This Way? (sm)
Aug 26, 2011

Today is payday. Never knowing what it will be until I check my bank account, I get this horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach while logging on to my bank's website. It's sort of like butterflies, but not as pleasant a feeling!  This morning, I took a look at the last five deposits. Most are within 20 or 30 dollars, but they all are getting progressively smaller, smaller, smaller. Compared to two years ago, it's literally half of what I was making. Egads! Soon I will be p ...

Does Anyone Else Feel Like This?
Jan 11, 2012

I know a lot of you work for companies right now that do not have enough work and I can truly empathize with you, have been in that boat as well. But the company I work for begs us to do overtime every single solitary weekend, aka Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I have been in this field for almost 30 years and quite honestly I am burnt out. I put in my 40 hours a week and feel the rest of my life is my time. I have neck problems and back problems as well, but still manage to do my best and am also ...

I Just Have To Say That I Feel Sorry For Those MTs
Apr 22, 2012

Who are actually listening and believing this BS that WMJ is spewing out. She or he does NOT have your best interest at heart. If you choose to do the sick out I can guarantee that you will not have a job when you try to log back in on the 2nd. We work in an at will employment job. They can lock you out and not even give you a reason for letting you go. We do not have a union which would protect you in a strike situation though I for one still would not want to be in a union because they ar ...

Ever Feel Like
Aug 14, 2012

The so called random dictation is designed to slow you down, makes me mad when I just want to get the work done without constanting stopping and starting, rearranging the formats, etc.    ...

Do You Ever Feel Like
Oct 18, 2012

a note and say, "Hey, the reason you have having to s-p-e-l-l these simple words now is because your chart notes are being done in India."   All part of the plot to push for off-shoring the work because there are "so few qualified US MTs."  ...

To MTs Over 50 Who Feel They Won't Be Able
Dec 03, 2012

they'd be too old to start at the bottom and no one will hire them, consider getting your real estate license.  It only takes 2 months, and this happens to be an industry where it seems age actually is of benefit!  Trust me, I've done it and now an apartment manager in a small complex where I pay no rent and no utilities.  Try it if interested, you might like it :) ...

Ever Feel Like You Can Never Do Anything Right.
Dec 22, 2012

I made 99.125 on my audit this month.  Why do i feel this company still considers this failing. One thing is for sure, I cannolt wait until I get another job. ...

Anyone Feel Like Me?
Aug 20, 2013

I am so sick and tired of this work, this company, and really hate sitting down here every day for the past 20 years.  It gets harder each day with every new rule, policy or threat we receive.  Whether there is work or not, I feel the same way - I am so burned out on this garbage.  I am still far from retirement and really trying to find a way to refocus myself to concentrate on this mind-numbing drivel that ASR puts out.  I am so sick and tired of putting in commas, taking o ...

How Are You All Going To Feel
Dec 03, 2013

when fast food workers are making $10/hour? ...

Sometimes I Feel Like...........
Dec 11, 2013

one of those bears on a track in the carnival shooting games.  Shoot-ding-turn, shoot-ding-turn......... ...

How I Feel...
Apr 22, 2014

Today I could so easily throw my computer and reference books in a pile in the middle of my office, light a match, and walk away. ...

Anyone Else Feel This Way.....
Aug 29, 2014

I started my job at the high school cafeteria and believe it or not, love it.  Min wage never felt so good.  I'm still doing MT at night, but have been having a *forget this* attitude.  Plus, with the work load at my MTSO being so friggin' slow, it just depletes my motivation.  If we really didn't need the money, I would up and quit.  {{sigh}} ...