A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Where are all the H&Ps, consults and nice long op reports?? - Morgan

Posted: Jun 16, 2012

I've been doing this for decades as an IC but am new to working for a service. Who is getting all the long reports that you can just speed through and actually make a few cents?? All I get are jobs that take 5 minutes of busy work and a few second on the keyboard to type less than 2 minutes of dictation. What a waste. Are we being filtered these ______ jobs?

we would be good together.... - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I can only transcribe very short ones due to injuries.... I envy you, as you make the money on the long ones while I spend all day naming files and not much typing...

At the client - longtimemt

[ In Reply To ..]
Most accounts any more are overflow, the hospital keeps the good dictators and long reports, that is what it is where I work anyway, very seldom anything long and never very good anyway.

I am only good for the short ones and route out the longer ones - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
My hands are so far gone from my neck issues (radiculopathy) and frozen shoulder, that I have to be careful what clients I accept. I thank my lucky stars for the transcriptionist helping me, as anything over a few minutes kills my hands. I spend more time naming files than I do transcribing them. You definitely make more money on the long reports... My newest client--- I asked him a million questions before taking him on to ensure I could handle his account... Then he started dictating the long reports. Luckily, somebody I met on this board set me up with a friend of hers who is transcribing the long reports, or I would lose that account, which is not good because he is connected to my surgery center accounts. You should pick up some work doing the IMEs and workers' compensation. They pay very well. I am jealous.....

You could not be more wrong. More and more hospitals and clinics are 100% outsource. sm - Geesh

[ In Reply To ..]
If you would read up in the industry, about healthcare and transcription both, you would know this.

Sorry... - Morgam

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm sorry about your disabilities. It must be very hard. I don't do long reports because I don't get any and was wondering if anyone else was getting long reports. Wishing you the best.

I also only do short ones. Mine is just - because that is

[ In Reply To ..]
the type of reports I like. I actually do much better pay wise with the short than the long. I bore very easy, and I find myself to be much slower with a long report. The doctor's I work for now send in charts that are mostly under 2 minutes. I have found with the ones I have worked with that the shorter the charts, the faster the dictator, which for some reason keeps my attention better.

Like some others - said

[ In Reply To ..]
I like the short ones. I about fall asleep typing long reports where I think the doctors just like to hear their own voice and repeat over and over and over. I like the little ones that I can whip through quickly and move on.

I totally agree, more money to be made in a longer report - not having to do so much for, sm

[ In Reply To ..]
demographics and being able to keep your hands on the keyboard for an extended period of time does equal more money for the hour. I used to do long reports but have been stuck in a clinic job for a while where the majority of the reports are less than 2 minutes. I now have to type upwards of 70 something patients to get 2200 or more lines. I miss the days when I could get 2200-2500 lines in 8 hours and type around 40 patients. I have no idea where the long jobs have gone for you, but in my case, it's clinic work that is EMR and most of the report has already been put into the system and I am just typing what needs to be added, meaning that the HPI and Plan sometimes are the only things I have to type in the report, which makes for a shorter report = fewer lines per patient. The time for patient look up and demographics is not included in my lph pay.

Long reports - Only way to make counts. - Morgan

[ In Reply To ..]
For all the busy (unpaid) work we have to do for each report (load sound file, adjust volume & speed for dictator, fill out spreadsheet on patient, confirm work type, open and close other programs to do this and occasionally Google search a term or new drug, to be paid .08 cents is ridiculous for a one-line report. As an IC I did 1200 to 2000 lines a day. Working for a service with all this unpaid documentation I have not been able to do more than 600 lines a day because the majority of my time is taken doing unpaid labor.

Another thing cutting into our line counts. sm - state of confusion

[ In Reply To ..]
Really miss transcribing long op notes, always something new to learn, such as equipment, techniques, procedures. Love the cutting edge stuff. Very bored with H and P, discharge summaries, consults. Wonder where they all went since I've been working on some of my account for 5 years and wonder what happened to the long notes I used to get????

Compound short reports with the transition to only being paid for one space between sentences, pre-supplied headings we no longer are paid for (the ones we used to type in ourselves)......sigh

Similar Messages:

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Long Reports Or Short Reports?
Jul 15, 2013

Am i the only one that just hates the long ones? And by long I mean anything over like 4 minutes.  I love progress and ER notes!  ...

Concentration With Long Reports
May 19, 2015

I really need help with this. I am great with my speed and concentration on reports up to a length of about 6 minutes. If the report is longer than that, I tend to loose concentration, veer off, want to get up and change laundry or check email. VERY DISTRACTED. Any suggestions how to stay focused? ...

Long ASR Reports Bogging Down Computer
Aug 06, 2010

Does anybody else have the problem of long ASR reports, greater than 10 minutes, gradually start slowing things down the farther you get into it?  It has gotten to the point where I can't even type.  It takes awhile for any changes to even show up on screen and the audio will keep playing for awhile even if my foot isn't on the pedal.  ...

You Know What Would Be Nice......
Jul 19, 2010

is if people in this company would actually do what they say they will do.  I have had 3 different people promise me things and never heard again from any of them.  I didn't ask for the moon, just help. ...

SO NICE TO KNOW.....
Dec 25, 2012

that our supervisors are NO WHERE TO BE FOUND on IM today, while we are sitting here waiting for ANYTHING to come in.  BAH HUMBUG. ...

Can't Anyone On Here Just Be Nice!
May 09, 2014

Why do only the people who have nothing good or helpful to say the only ones who are on here posting messages. If you don't have anything relevant or nice to say, do us all a favor and keep your trap shut! There is no provocation for attacking someone just because they said that being an auditor lets them enjoy having sick days and holidays off and then questioning their ability to do their job. I was an MT for many, many years, so I was in the same boat you all are now and even wors ...

Please Be Nice . . .
Mar 04, 2015

Having a "senior" moment.  Found out my hire date is incorrect and need to correct this.  They have left off a large amount of time.  How do I contact HR? TIA. ...

Must Be Nice
Mar 28, 2015

for the managers, TSMs, PCs, whatever to have the weekend off while we work our "MOT."  Once again I have not received a single email.  So that makes this day 3 or 4, I can't remember anymore, with no contact from MM.  Wonder if we are backlogged?  Does MOT end tonight at midnight since that's when a new pay period begins? What the H E double hockey-sticks is going on MM???  ...

Wow That Was Nice
Jun 24, 2015

at the end of the report. "Thank you so much for doing my dictation, have a great day" Sometimes the little things count. ...

Something Nice For Fellow MTs.
Jul 21, 2010

STONE TWO FRIENDS WERE WALKINGTHROUGH THE DESERT .DURING SOME POINT OF THEJOURNEY, THEY HAD ANARGUMENT; AND ONE FRIENDSLAPPED THE OTHER ONEIN THE FACETHE ONE WHO GOT SLAPPEDWAS HURT, BUT WITHOUTSAYING ANYTHING,WROTE IN THE SAND ,TODAY MY BEST FRIENDSLAPPED ME IN THE FACE .THEY KEPT ON WALKING,UNTIL THEY FOUND AN OASIS,WHERE THEY DECIDEDTO TAKE A BATHTHE ONE WHO HAD BEENSLAPPED GOT STUCK IN THEMIRE AND STARTED DROWNING,BUT THE FRIEND SAVED HIM.AFTER HE RECOVERED FROMTH ...

It's So Nice To Not Have To Check That Box At The End
Sep 09, 2010

so many times i've cursed because i was at the end of my shift but i forgot to check the box and had to do another one ...

The Recruiter Is *ALWAYS* Nice
Dec 02, 2011

After some coworkers and I applied for positions with a different company, I was floored by how many went on and on about the recruiter being "so nice" and how that translated -- in their minds -- into a reflection of their immediate supervisor and everyone else within the company. OF COURSE the recruiter is nice!  If she weren't personable and didn't have that type of personality, most likely she would not be in the position of recruiter.  Only the WORST managed companies ( ...

So Nice To Start The Day With NJA. Nm
Mar 08, 2013

xx ...

It Would Be Nice To Get A Little Respect From
Jun 07, 2013

MTSO companies.  Being a long-time loyal employee/IC means nothing to most MTSO's.  I've worked for the same company for around 4 years, through ups and downs, feasts and famines, and the minute it gets a little busy, they hurry up and hire more MTs.  That proves to me that all they care about is making money for themselves and is just a slap in the face of the MT.  Maybe if you must hire new MTs for busy times, how about giving work first to your long-time MTs when ...

Nice To Be Appreciated
Nov 28, 2013

I ercently started with a company and posted prevously about how the recruiter had sent me a greeting card welcoming me to the company.  In addition, I also received a greeting card from the person who trained me when I started with the company.  I got up this morning (Thanksgiving) and had receieved a Thanksgiving greeting card from the company, stating how thankful they were to have me as a part of their team.  In today's market, I thought that was a nice personal touch. ...

Wouldn't Have Been Nice If . . .
Jan 02, 2014

If corporate realized how hard and difficult our job is and perhaps, at the very least, wiished us a Happy Holiday season and thanked us for all we do?  And rhen I woke up and smelled the coffee. ...

Support Would Be Nice-not Asking For Much
Mar 29, 2014

It is really terrible when you come to the board to make a comment someone always has to say something negative-sometimes we are only looking for support from fellow MTs. I do not understand why there is always so much backlash. If you do not have anything good to stay keep your comments to yourself. Life can be hard enough. When the table is turned hopefully there will be someone there to lend an ear and a kind word when it is needed. ...

Since Most Were So Nice The Other Day When I Asked
Apr 12, 2014

about Synernet and steps to do things, I want to ask something else.  I keep losing autocorrects!  I saw the note about exit Fusion last and I try to make sure I do that, but I am still losing them.  I have not exited Fusion since adding Tessalon Perles, yet it was not there when I tried to put it in just now.  Is there another trick to keeping them? ...

Nice Doctor
Jul 25, 2014

Just had to share this. Had a 35 minute report on Escription. The doc was very easy to understand, but extremely thorough. After he was finished dictating, he said "I hope you and your family have a nice week. Thank you for transcribing this report. Goodbye" I actually got tears In my eyes. lol. It is not too often you feel good after a report. Just had to share. ...

One Nice Thing To Say About
Oct 09, 2014

I went to Target to get my flu shot.  I usually just pay for it myself.  Turns out our Cigna insurance covers the flu shot AND the $275.00 Zostavax (for us older folks). I'm glad I can use up my PPO dollars or whatever it is before I get fired.     Of note, if you run out to get the shingles vaccine, it hurts, and my arm is still sore from 2 days ago. ...

Wouldn't It Be Nice?
May 26, 2015

if MModal would do just one thing....ONE THING...to make our jobs easier.  i swear they sit around and see what they can do to make everything single tiny little thing as hard as possible.  right now i'm talking about that freakin' time card and trying to enter PTO based on our NJA down time.  to make the times match up, i guess i just lie and make up times, just to play their stupid little make everything harder game. ...

People Are Really Pretty Nice On Here
Feb 05, 2010

I've noticed that all-in-all, people are pretty nice on here. There are a few negative people and people who jump to conclusions and take things the wrong way, but those are very few. Most of the people here are quick to try to help when others need advice to improve their production or find a job. That's so refreshing. ...

Nice Comment From Doctor
May 11, 2010

Just finished a consult from one of my docs, and he's a little hoarse today, but not bad and at the end he says "and apologies to the transcription ladies.  I know my voice is not necessarily the best for dictating today, and thanks for bearing with me." It sure is nice when they acknowledge that there is actually a person on the other end who is listening to them. ...

A Nice, Refreshing (NOT!) Dip Into The Cesspool
Aug 08, 2010

Only now they call it a helper pool! Just about every report is from a new, unfamiliar hospital! Yay! Plus, my computer is doing that slowing down/stuttering thing that people were talking about yesterday! What my luck! I do so love my job (did I really say that?). Ugh ...

Adept Not A Nice Image!
Jun 04, 2012

Well, I just had a very offputting (to say the least) conversation with a person at Adept Transcription. I tend to be a very reasonable, pleasant person and am upset at the way I was treated. This woman was downright nasty! She didn't like that I called the company. Now, she could have just told me that communication via e-mail was preferred. I would have apologized for the inconvenience and hung up. Rather, she told me I was not employable and hung up on me. Wow! What h ...

It's So Nice To Go To Bed Early, Set Your Alarm,
Dec 27, 2012

force yourself to get up early on a freezing cold morning, make coffee, boot everything up, start all your programs, and then.......... NJA. ...

It Is Nice To Feel Appreciated
Nov 03, 2014

Let me start by saying that I live in a rural area and because I am about a quarter mile from my mailbox, I do not get my mail daily.  My landlord came over today (Monday), with my mail and one of the items was a belated birthday card from the company that I work for United Transcription.  It is nice to know that there are some smaller, apparently caring companies out there. ...

Nice Way To Start The Pay Period
Dec 20, 2014

22 line report, 1 major error, quality score 95.something (don't have it pulled up right now) now and none of blanks i sent it for in the first place were showing at all, whether they had been filled in or not.  I swear it feels like this person is out to get me. ...

Nice Move, They Did Their Homework.
Jan 22, 2015

ARH employees are kicking up a fuss and they have their Union involved.  They also do not seem to believe the company's usual propiganda.   We should have had a union for years.  The link to the article is below.  I really hope their union is able to help (and possibly bring MM to their knees).  I would like to see at least some reckoning here.  Karma, you gotta love it. There seems to a problem with the link showing up, not sure why, so here is the artic ...