A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Whats the difference in fulltime and parttime - Trying to advance

Posted: Jan 05, 2011

Can someone please tell me the difference in full time and part time.   I see mostly listings for full time and wonder how it differs from what I am currently doing as far as production. I currently work part time at a minimum of 500 lines a day as an IC.  I am wondering if I go full time what I can look forward to as far as work load.   Does it just vary from company to company?

part time versus full time - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
It is my understanding that full time is generally 1500 lines a day. I'm a "part-time" IC as well, but I have found that often times I get full-time line counts. It just depends on how much dictation there is for the particular doctors that I type, and I either accept it or tell them I have too much. Yesterday got over 2000 lines; today will be close to that as well.

Whats the difference in fulltime and parttime - Trying to advance

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the info....just curious do you work from a pool and do you do straight typing or break it up throughout the day to get those counts. With the company I am with, it seems I will never get to that line count as they work from a pool and 50% of the dictators are crappy. Also because we work from a pool people seem to only work/log on when their favorite is available which makes work inconsistent ...I hate that.

part time versus full time - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]
No, I do not work from a pool. I do straight typing, no VR. One MTSO I work for, I am the only person who types for the specific doctors (4 docs, 2 are ESL) that I do, so whatever gets dictated, I am responsible for typing all of it. The other MTSO, others type for the same dictators (15+), and I get the jobs assigned to me by the MTSO which include some ESL. There is no picking and choosing.
figured as much....its becoming more and more clear that I'm with the wrong company - Trying to advance
[ In Reply To ..]

Like most jobs it can be 38 to 40 hours per week - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
for FT, Less than that is PT. Some companies are still on hours worked, not just lines transcribed.

Where I work we have to average 1200 lines per day and work no more than 40 hours per week.

Similar Messages:

Parttime
Nov 08, 2010

How many hours do you have to do for parttime? TIA ...

PTO For Parttime
Jan 12, 2011

Would someone be so kind as to tell me how much PTO accures for parttime. Thanks. ...

Whats Next
May 17, 2010

I started a new extremely hard account March 1.  One month later, I was audited. I don't think its fair that I should be expected 98% on a new horrible account I was still learning as of a month?  Considering we used to even get paid well hourly for the first few months learning/adjusting to new accounts? Now its been 1 1/2 months, I'm being audited this very minute.  I didn't combine ileal with another word and I get a critical major error to minimal imp ...

Whats Up With Google Lately?
Sep 28, 2010

Is is just me (virus, perhaps?), or has anyone else noted a sudden change in the way Google searches for things lately? In the past week or so, when I type in something to look up with Google, I keep getting "redirected" to another search page.  Worse, it's usually a page that doesn't have clear search options.  I had this happen just now when I Googled the name of a hospital so I could go to its homepage, pull up "Find a Physician", and verify the spelling of a physician&# ...

Whats Up With FastChart
Jul 13, 2011

Whats up with FastChart...Do they make the AAMT rules?  Has anyone experience with this company? ...

Whats A Fair Price
Jan 20, 2010

Hi all, Quick question. I live in washington state and I just graduated from my MT course and had a doc call me to let me know that he wanted me to do transcription for him and my question is what is a fair price to be charging, all I ever hear is what is unfair. Thanks, Dude Mom ...

Whats The Word On NOWtranscription?
Jun 27, 2011

Anybody currently work there willing to share what its like there?  I looked through all of June and didn't find anything on this company, and its kind of hard to search the archives due to their name.  But their ad sounds promising, so I sent a resume.  Any info good or bad on them would be helpful.  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know Whats Going On With Silent Type
Feb 23, 2012

Does anyone know whats going on? ...

Whats Going To Be Next A Web Cam To Watch Us At Our Desk
Apr 10, 2015

this is a sweatshop.  The way they are monitoring means they expect our hands on our keyboard for the entire 8 hours.  Hate this company!!!! Have a couple leads on a new job.  Can't wait to be out of here.  And they will get NO NOTICE from me since I was never given any notice to all the horrible changes they made for me. ...

Whats The Word On US Career Institute??
May 24, 2010

I know someone who wants to train as an MT- Thats been decided already. What's the best place to do it in?? ...

Whats The Scoop, Are We Back To Apostrophes?
Mar 16, 2011

I always think the docs must go nuts when they dictate Alzheimer's or Crohn's or Behcet's and see Alzheimer or Crohn or Behcet.  Sometimes I think all of ADHI's rules and regs are just arbitrary.... Are we back to apostrophes now, according to those powers that be?  And who, by the way, ever gave them those powers, anyway?? ...

Whats Up With The Ispswitch Mail Thingy
Feb 14, 2013

Not that I believe my TSM has sent a message or anything, but it would be nice to be able to check... ...

Whats The Deal With Keystrokes Lately? Lots Of Ads Posted Like
Feb 08, 2013

Never use to see that many ads for them now they have one every single week. Are they that busy? Lots of new accounts or what? ...

There Must Be A Lot Of Difference In VR For
Oct 17, 2010

I have never been able to run much above 150 lph average doing VR for my company.  It is so horrid, I can usually type it quicker.  I cannot even imagine how anybody is doing 400-500 lph average.  Just pulling in the jobs, listening through patient information, filling in date of service, consulting physicians and such, fixing the ASR dictation and uploading the job -- there is no way on this earth it will ever happen at my company.  I need a new job apparently.  ...

What Is The Difference In Pay Between A T3 And A T4?
Apr 08, 2014

I did not realize there was even a T4 level with MModal.  Just noticed it in an e-mail today.  Thanks ...

What's The Difference Between TSM And TS
Jul 12, 2014

Anyone? ...

Seeing No Difference With Upgrade To 6.1
Sep 27, 2010

Is it just me or my region but the only difference I have seen in the upgrade is the doctor's data base and being able to number with the numbering function.  I have yet to see the headings column come up on the left with a job or have the option on the top that says "type headings as dictated."  When I try to use the alt-H for inserting headers it it is still coming up in the middle of the screen and it is not showing, "client preferred headings."  Pretty much anything that ...

Maybe The Difference Is Some Of Us Dont See Ourselves
Jan 22, 2011

treated as such. If you do nothing to change a bad situation, the bad situation will never change.  But I guess some, like my DS, thrive on the drama of poor me, I can do nothing to help myself, please feel sorry for me.  And others, like me, hate drama, hate being treated bad, and refuse to stand by and let it continue.  I will not let a MTSO rule my life to the point of draining my bank account, monopolizing my time and stomping on my self esteem. Why would I stay in a situation ...

Would It Make A Difference To You As An MT If Your...
Jul 20, 2011

CEO, COO, President, etc., came to you and said that management was taking a pay cut along with you?  Has anyone ever been told that their office staff or other support personnel have been doing without raises or taking pay cut with the bad economy?  Do they have mandatory reduction in hours when things are slow as there is no money coming in?  I'm just curious how much the nature of the beast affects everybody in a company versus the MTs and what the reasoning is.  Why ...

Difference Between MT Statuses
Aug 04, 2011

What is the difference between being an independent contractor, subcontractor and employee in medical transcription.  I'm now PT employee at MQ and looking.  Which would be the best status to be searching for?  Hope someone can help me understand this.  Thanks. ...

Unsure Of What Is The Difference
Sep 29, 2011

What would be the difference in being a coder in a  physician's clinic, insurance company, mental health facility or home health facility. Which setting would provide the most interesting work, the easiest, the least time-consuming? ...

Wmx - What's The Difference Between Native And New?
Oct 04, 2011

Hadn't used New version all that long (months?) before we switched back to Native.  I honestly do not see a difference between the two besides native having an ugly font.  Clue me in as to why the switch back, and what's the difference?  Thanks. ...

What Is An Easy Way To Tell The Difference Between These Two?
Mar 23, 2012

Procyte and Prosight I know that Prosight is a multivitamin.  I found both on WebMD's drugs and meds A-Z.  There was no information on Procyte.  It was just listed as Procyte Top.  I was not aware that there was a Procyte until earlier today.  The doctor dictated "And be careful you use the correct one, but I am unsure of the spelling."  That confused me a bit, so I did some research and the only place that I found any mention of Procyte was on WebMD.  An ...

Difference Between IC And Employee - S/m
Jul 21, 2012

Job hunting -:( not fun.  I see some places paying 8 and 4 cpl, seems to be the going rate but my question is - some places are IC and some have employee status.  Other than the obvious benefits, why would you want to be an IC?  I was self-employed with my husband years ago and it was a nightmare.  Had to pay $5000 for self-employment tax just to begin with.   Thanks for any info ! ...

What Is The Difference Between Tier 2 & 3?
Feb 02, 2013

Hey everyone, I am in the process of applying for a home based MT position, but i am wondering what the difference is between Tier 2 & 3. Thanks so much for any assistance you all can offer! ...

Difference In Pay For SR Vs Transcription
Mar 13, 2013

I've only done straight transcription in the past and just got hired by a company who apparently does both SR and transcription...can anyone give me info on their experiience as far as if I will make the same amount doing editing for SR as I would transcribing?  Looking at 0.04 cpl is a bit dauntiing.  I type really fast and it almost seems like I could straight transcribe a dictation at 0.08 cpl as fast as I could edit one at 0.04...just wondering about anyone else's experie ...

Need An Answer As To The Difference Between
Sep 19, 2014

using numberical 2 and Roman II, was told was between types and conditions of disease. Am confused, can you help? ...

Difference Between IC And Employee?
Nov 19, 2014

What's the difference between IC and employee?  Thanks. ...

What Difference Does It Make To The
Apr 17, 2015

scheduler person if we throw on a load of laundry while we stretch our legs?!?  We are allowed to stand up and stretch for god's sake!  The only thing she needs to worry about is our number of lines at the end of the day and if we worked our schedule.  That's literally all that matters.  Is it some kind of power/control trip?  Before, she said we're not supposed to take off and use PTO to go to the doctor, though of course it's okay for them to do tha ...

Can Someone Please Tell Me What The Difference Is, Please See Inside Message
May 15, 2010

What would be the difference in taking a Medical Coding Program such as Andrews or AHIMA offers, versus taking THIS BELOW that Herzing offers.  I see Herzing says Insurance coding. So career wise, what is really the difference between being a Coder and an insurance coder?  Is there any difference in the job, the pay, etc?   I have a Pell grant and you see, Andrews and AHIMA do not accept it. from Herzing Online University Medical Billing and Insurance Coding - Overview Med ...