A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Thank you moderators - and you know what for.

Posted: Jun 04, 2012

I appreciate your quick actions. Laughing

agree - thanks

[ In Reply To ..]

removing posts is censorship - no freedoms anymore

[ In Reply To ..]

Freedom of speech is for everyone; even those with whom you don't agree.

If you don't like something, turn the channel, change the station, don't look at it, don't read it, don't buy it.

But don't applaud when it's gone, because then your freedom will be, too.

Not censorship - Wendy

[ In Reply To ..]
I am not sure what was removed, but you need to remember that this is a private board which is owned by private owners. They have a right to set and enforce standards. Your freedom of speech argument is specious under these standards. If people do not like the rules, they do not have to read the board. No, I am not a mod, just a reasonable person. Freedom of speech does NOT mean you can say whatever you want to say when you want to see it. Re-read the First Amendment and some of the constitutional commentaries that have been written about it.

not censorship - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
being hateful to someone and calling them names is a form of bullying. this SHOULD be censored. "freedom of speech" should not give you the "right" to verbally bully someone simply because you do not agree with what was said. You are infringing on "their" rights then too and makes you no better. There is a limit to everything and in "this" case, the line was crossed.

"freedom of speech" - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
Freedom OF speech does not include freedom FROM consequences.

Censorship? - Old MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't see the post, but if we use the argument that removing a hateful post is censorship, that's ridiculous.

So, using your argument, you would be saying it would be okay to use a racial slur to someone or cuss at them or otherwise. You can't just do an across-the-board "everything is okay" under the guise of freedom of speech. So not true.

I agree. It's better to make up our own minds about - what we want to read, rather than -

[ In Reply To ..]
someone making that decision for us.

Freedom - tiredlady

[ In Reply To ..]
With Freedom come Responsibility.....PERIOD

why not pat yourself on the back privately - makes more sense

[ In Reply To ..]
If this was private between you and the mods, why post out here when you could have emailed them? What's your motivation? Seems like much ado about nothing, or something that should have just been handled privately.

Yup. Sounds like GLOATING, to me. - Gossip Girl

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Thank You Moderators For Taking My
Jul 24, 2012

suggestion and putting it to use.  I can only hope these places will realize what we are disliking!! ...

How About Proposing To The Moderators
Jan 19, 2015

being permitted to advertise on the Job Seeker's board which have 10 or more "dislikes" on the ad page/s? Or if not outright ban because of the 10 dislikes, how about the 10 dislikes triggering an 'internal investigation,' let's say, in which we are 'invited' to state our respective cases as to why we think said company should be banned, in a 'safe' environment. What thinks u? ...

Moderators, A Question From A Newbie
Aug 20, 2010

There's a job on the job seekers board asking for Orthopedic transcribers it says immediate, but there's no link to send a resume and they don't identlfy themselves.  Could a moderator verify this is a legit position? ...

TO THE MODERATORS - Why Can't I Delete Messages?
Sep 05, 2010

Edit/Delete only lets me edit, and even then it won't accept my password.  I use the same one every time.  Thanks. ...

Moderators WHY Did You Remove That Last Message??
Dec 08, 2011

My gosh both posts were specific posts about TECHNICAL HELP and they BOTH GET REMOVED???  WHY?????????? ...

Moderators: Please Enable The August Tab
Aug 14, 2012

thanks ...

The Moderators Need To Just Nuke This Board
Mar 20, 2014

xx ...

Question For Admins/moderators:
Jul 16, 2014

Can MTstars consider requiring MTSOs to disclose pay rates on the Job Seekers board?  This information would help tremendously for those of us looking for work.  Many companies require testing and the pay rate is not disclosed beforehand.  I am really tired of testing for companies, only to then find out they pay slave wages. Please, please, admins, discuss this issue and consider REQUIRING MTSOs to disclose their pay rates.  ...

Anyone Know What Happened To The Moderators Post
Apr 10, 2015

Subject was To posters from last night. I was following it and it was starting to get interesting and then it was gone. Why would she take it down? It was starting to get nasty so maybe thats why she took it down. ...

Moderators: What Happened To Prayer Board?
Nov 13, 2009

nm ...

Question For Moderators. I Have Posted 2 Messages In The Last
Sep 25, 2014

24 hours specifically checking the box notify me at the above email.  I have checked on my posts and both received responses, however I never got a notification email.  Is this a glitch?  Just wanted you to know so you could check on it. ...

How Do I Contact The Moderators? Tried To Send Message, But It Wouldn't Go Through...sm
Nov 23, 2011

A box appeared and said to type in characters, but there were no characters that appeared?  If the moderators wish to contact me at the above e-mail address, that will be fine. ...