A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

how about proposing to the moderators - a ban on companies

Posted: Jan 19, 2015

being permitted to advertise on the Job Seeker's board which have 10 or more "dislikes" on the ad page/s?

Or if not outright ban because of the 10 dislikes, how about the 10 dislikes triggering an 'internal investigation,' let's say, in which we are 'invited' to state our respective cases as to why we think said company should be banned, in a 'safe' environment.

What thinks u?

The bashers would go on and do it purposely. sm - RealityMT

[ In Reply To ..]
There are a lot of good companies that get bad reviews because of bitter people. Some deserve them, but not all. The company I work for is very good to me but is always getting bashed here. It's up to the person, their experience and what works for them.

It wouldn't matter if they did. Most of those - jobs are not worth applying for.

[ In Reply To ..]

No offense intended, and Im not saying - I dont believe you work

[ In Reply To ..]
for a company which you enjoy but if I may ask, why are you on the board? I'm just asking because when I had (good) work, I never, ever came to this board. I can count on one hand or less the times I came to this board when I was working for a good company, many years ago, now...! I only came on to look for a job--I didn't even know anything about these other sections until I was in trouble!

As I mentioned, the '10 dislikes' might trigger an 'investigation' as to the veracity of the complaints.

Furthermore, it occurs to me that I've never been treated particularly well as an MT, to say the least, really--but I made good $ and so always put up with it. I also always considered it 'temporary,' until 25 years passed, somehow and I am still sitting here...

Why here on the board - iveseenitall

[ In Reply To ..]
"..when I had (good) work, I never, ever came to this board. I can count on one hand or less the times I came to this board when I was working for a good company, many years ago, now...! I only came on to look for a job...'

ok...that's you. Looking for a job certainly isn't the the only legitimate reason to visit this board?. I've never used this site for a job search but mostly for curiousity and a little entertainment break from work.

are you kidding me? - "why are you on the board" ??

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are an MT, this board has something for everyone, not just someone looking for a job. We share advice, give our opinions even though not everyone always agrees, and this is pretty much the best place to come if you want to stay abreast of the industry trends, since it is our livelihood after all. And yes, that includes reading the Job Seeker's Board even if one is not looking for a job. And yes, there are bitter ex-employees of just about every MTSO who would "dislike" said MTSO. And yes, there are those who have made a hobby of disliking anything and everything just for the heck of it. All in all, it's a hare-brained idea, in addition to the question of who exactly do you expect to do this so-called "investigation" you are suggesting?

All you have to do is report a post and say you were offended - x

[ In Reply To ..]
And that post will go bye-bye. That whole like/dislike thing that moderators put up last week was a joke, just like this web site has become a joke because the Mods are heavy-handed.

Stay off the politcal board, as I quickly - learned to, and let the

[ In Reply To ..]
folks who remain argue among themselves regarding their similar, vitriolic leanings...you couldn't pay me to visit that board again; I think I went twice, and got the 'message' there quickly.

The issue of 'turning in' a bad, bad company, however, which has no business being in business, ergo no biz posting on MTStars is a different matter, about which we should all find commonality with one another here. Baby steps.

Turning in a bad company? I work for one that is - bashed constantly. You might

[ In Reply To ..]
not like the company, find it horrible to work for and me on the other hand have no issues. Why should you be allowed to vote to turn in a business you might not like, therefore getting it banned because you don't like. That does not mean it is a bad company because some like and some don't.

Reporting an offensive post - really

[ In Reply To ..]
There is still a horrid post on one of the boards and I have asked many times for it to be removed. It ruins the whole tone of that board and I notice no one much posts there anymore.

Hope you can get help with the offensive post.

Certain people can get posts removed immediately - x

[ In Reply To ..]
For the rest of us, we just have to get used to being offended. You definitely aren't alone in not being the "right offended party."
um, I think we're on the same side here, - I wont call it
[ In Reply To ..]
the right side, right??? LOL

as I said, don't go there, to the PB. Just don't look. My father rarely gave any advice much less good...he said maybe two things in an attempt to do so to me in my life. One was, "Don't buy second-hand clothes, you could get malaria." (Probably not so). The other thing he said was, "Don't argue with an idiot." Bingo!

Hey this went way off point - how about the initial question

[ In Reply To ..]
of a proposed ban? Any more thoughts on that issue?

I doubt it will happen; site owner probably - makes money off those ads.

[ In Reply To ..]
Otherwise, we all know they're just a waste of space and bandwidth.

I know they are making money off the ads - because there is tracking on here SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Every single time I do personal searches on this particular computer, I constantly get ads on this site for whatever I've been searching for. There are even local ads, which tells me this site is tracking the IP address and pimping local businesses. I currently have local attorney ads on here.

Yes, I can and do use ad blocker, but somehow this site's spyware circumvents the blocker.

Too bad the owners of this site resort to spam garbage ads. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to get viruses or something from the spyware on here.
It's Google, not MTStars admins - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
It's Google that's tracking you and showing interest based Ads. Every Ad has a small blue triangle on the right top, click it 'Ad Choices' to learn more ....

You can choose, what you want to see, not on just this site but all the sites you visit.
I was talking about the ads on the Job Seeker's - Board. I think they pay, too.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Employers pay to have job ads posted - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
So, no, the moderators won't be pulling job posts that are making them money. Duh.

good to know, especially since - half of the recent employers

[ In Reply To ..]
on Seeker's didn't pay or underpaid me. Glad to see that remainder goes to good use...

Similar Messages:

Thank You Moderators
Jun 04, 2012

I appreciate your quick actions. ...

Thank You Moderators For Taking My
Jul 24, 2012

suggestion and putting it to use.  I can only hope these places will realize what we are disliking!! ...

Moderators, A Question From A Newbie
Aug 20, 2010

There's a job on the job seekers board asking for Orthopedic transcribers it says immediate, but there's no link to send a resume and they don't identlfy themselves.  Could a moderator verify this is a legit position? ...

TO THE MODERATORS - Why Can't I Delete Messages?
Sep 05, 2010

Edit/Delete only lets me edit, and even then it won't accept my password.  I use the same one every time.  Thanks. ...

Moderators WHY Did You Remove That Last Message??
Dec 08, 2011

My gosh both posts were specific posts about TECHNICAL HELP and they BOTH GET REMOVED???  WHY?????????? ...

Moderators: Please Enable The August Tab
Aug 14, 2012

thanks ...

The Moderators Need To Just Nuke This Board
Mar 20, 2014

xx ...

Question For Admins/moderators:
Jul 16, 2014

Can MTstars consider requiring MTSOs to disclose pay rates on the Job Seekers board?  This information would help tremendously for those of us looking for work.  Many companies require testing and the pay rate is not disclosed beforehand.  I am really tired of testing for companies, only to then find out they pay slave wages. Please, please, admins, discuss this issue and consider REQUIRING MTSOs to disclose their pay rates.  ...

Anyone Know What Happened To The Moderators Post
Apr 10, 2015

Subject was To posters from last night. I was following it and it was starting to get interesting and then it was gone. Why would she take it down? It was starting to get nasty so maybe thats why she took it down. ...

Moderators: What Happened To Prayer Board?
Nov 13, 2009

nm ...

Question For Moderators. I Have Posted 2 Messages In The Last
Sep 25, 2014

24 hours specifically checking the box notify me at the above email.  I have checked on my posts and both received responses, however I never got a notification email.  Is this a glitch?  Just wanted you to know so you could check on it. ...

How Do I Contact The Moderators? Tried To Send Message, But It Wouldn't Go Through...sm
Nov 23, 2011

A box appeared and said to type in characters, but there were no characters that appeared?  If the moderators wish to contact me at the above e-mail address, that will be fine. ...