A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Rude QAs - blondie

Posted: Mar 18, 2012

I have encountered my first rude QA at this company (Transcend).  My audit scores last week were 100%.  The week before that 99% and 100%.  They have never been below 98% but are usually around 99%.  Starting receiving a new worktype and I sent some reports to QA because I didn't know what the heck the doc was saying.  The SR didn't even pick him up because he is difficult to understand.  Besides the fact, I hadn't transcribed his reports but a few times.  I had multiple blanks.  When I get my feedback, it said I could have found those blanks if I had used google.  Well, no I couldn't.  When you can't even understand what the doctor even sounds like he is saying how are you gonna look it up?  I had some other reports too with some blanks.  I have got nothing but snooty comments back.  I was put back on full review for that certain work type because I have all the blanks.  Well to me it is better to send to QA if your not certain than to guess and not send it.  She emailed my TL and said apparently I needed to be on full review for that worktype.  Well that's okay.  She also said that she had a quota to meet just like I did and that many blanks needed to be full review.  So basically, the blanks are cutting into her productivity.  Then last night somehow I am limited to like all ER admits which are one of the least priority jobs like I can't do the other worktypes.  Then why do I have 98% to 100% on all my audits?  I am so aggravated I am seriously considering finding another job.  I work a shift nobody else will work on days nobody else is willing to work, and I get this, and to boot, with the scores I have.    

Well after a while you'll be Nuanace, so hang in there - I know its frustrating because

[ In Reply To ..]
thats what QA is for. When you are starting a new doc, work-type, or account you will have more blanks or may need to send more then usual to QA until you become familiar and comfortable.

Hope it gets better for you. On the flip side though, ER admits aint too bad. Most ER docs in my experience have a tendency to say the same thing over and over, maybe you can rack up the lines with them until off reveiw.

Nuance - Texas Gal

[ In Reply To ..]
The notes I've been reading on Nuance makes it sound even more horrendous than Transcend. I wish us all the best and wish we all had more of a say in the future of the industry. Hourly pay for transcription was always the best for us, to allow for research and the worst of dictators, but who cares about the workers anymore?

I hear you - Me too

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had the same experience. I had a doc who did not seem to be using the right templates when he was dictating. I asked about it twice figuring that it would be worth fixing. You cannot tell me he does not know his own templates. He is still doing it. Passed audit with flying colors and now suddenly I am getting work from all over the place that has to be 100% QA. I do not leave many blanks, so figure they are trying to justify paying me less.

Samples, Samples, Samples - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The best thing about transcend is thay have so many samples for almost every doc and work type these doctors do. Did this doc not have samples?

apparently not, sure she would much rather used samples - then to route to QA and end up in this predicament

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Sounds like if there were samples she would have - used them.

[ In Reply To ..]
Cant tell if your being sarcastic or not.
I have always gotten samples - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I was not trying to be sarcastic or nonsympathetic to the issue, but whenever I have been placed on a new account or new work type if there was not a sample in the sample are, I asked my TLor QA for one and they always seem to find me one. All I was trying to say is the samples are what help me the most when learning someone new, especially an ESL dictator.
Re: I have always gotten samples - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If you've never experienced an unresponsive TL or arrogant QA, you are indeed fortunate. Why assume your experience is the same for the OP? Samples help everyone ''the most''---so thanks, Captain Obvious, for the remarkable suggestion.
Now this is rude and sarcastic, but I am stating the obvious - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
xx
But seriously, I'm still rofl about asking my TL for a sample and - even getting a response! LOL nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

Not in this case... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
There wasn't a sample that was helpful with that report, but a lot of times samples can be very helpful.

Obviously not... - As usual...

[ In Reply To ..]
A no-win situation for the poor MT who obviously would find it more efficient to reference samples than send to QA.

IMHO - FWIW

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand several blanks and it's a new doc, WT, etc., and there are no samples. I've been in your shoes, too. Have been audited 3 different QAs, and 2 of the 3 are awesome and even encourage emails if it's something simple I could ask to avoid sending the job to QA. When I see one of them dinging me for something and I look at it, 98% of the time, I smack myself in the head as it WAS, no doubt, my fault. The couple of times I have emailed them, they've answered w/ an explanation quickly. The other one, though...TG she's only had one of mine. Dinged me left and right for commas and the like.

On the flip side, w/ my prev MTSO we could ask for OLC help (other MTs could listen to see if they could help). I got to the point where the MTs who refused to use samples (they were abundant there) and/or if I could find the answer immediately on Google, yep...I ignored them.

Also, it concerns me as it seems as though just because you work midnight/weekends, whatever, that you are entitled to "a break." I work weekends, too, and I've never thought that should excuse me when I've made a mistake.

Dang!! Sorry this was so long. As you can tell, I just shut my work computer down and it was a long day. :S

Give her a break, she was just venting. - for goodness sake.

[ In Reply To ..]

LOL! I just posted that same comment - PeaceLoveSaveTheWhales

[ In Reply To ..]
(yours) to a bully not too long ago as that person in reply to someone else actually used words like "stupid" and "lazy." I in no way meant it offensively. I agree w/ her/him on some of the points and disagree on others. I didn't attack OP, and if my comment were interpreted as such, I apologize (though I don't really see why I need to). Is there no civilized discussion here?

I don't doubt it one bit - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
One QA I have is a problem too (Transcend). She sends me emails with copies to the AROM and ROM with corrections on my reports. These corrections she makes are wrong. It states clearly in the AI what to do and I follow the rules. She should check that before correcting me.

I'm wondering if they are working on a skeleton crew these days and are just so spread thin. Still, they need to stop and think before correcting us or in your case, putting you back on full review. That's just crazy.

I wonder if they will have jobs in the transfer to Nuance...

You know... - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
A requirement for being a QA at Transcend in the job description is giving professional and (I forgot the other specific word they used) but it was not being snooty or rude in giving feedback. I feel like highlighting that part of the job ad they currently have in the internal career center at Transcend and forwarding it along with the copies of the emails that QA has sent me to the ROM and see what they say to that. It is a QA's job to give corrections and feedback, but they don't have to be rude to someone. They can do it in a nice, considerate way.

QA - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I had similar issue with probably the same QA. She sent a note to the regional manager and everyone below her that I could have filled in the blanks with a little bit of effort.

I rarely send anything to QA and never without listening several times and Googling, etc. I'm still stewing over that stinging remark.

Most of my feedback from other QA has been very professional and spot-on but all it takes is one rude one to make you feel like dirt.
Well I know she emailed my TL. - blondie
[ In Reply To ..]
And I'm sure she emailed the ROM too; though, I haven't heard from her. Sounds like the same one. If she has such a problem with filling in the blanks then why is she a QA?
Wow this is very unfortunate. One reason why - most avoid QA like the plague.
[ In Reply To ..]
As if they have never had trouble with a specific work type or doc. I really do believe that most MTs exhaust all efforts before sending to QA so assume one would not google, research, relisten, and check for samples is really unfair.

Help ME Please!!!!! - Inquisitive

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree, i got released from a company and I was off QA, because operative reports were to be routed to another server, not the one I transcribe from. Since it was next in line, I typed it and got basically "fired" for typing an operative report I was not supposed to. We are not mind readers. Now I just got a new job for third shift, 10p-6a for .02 per line for editing, and I was told it would be transcription by the recruiter. Tonight is my first night on shift, but I have over 27+ years experience in transcription, and I do not like editing (which I understand I am going to HAVE to like or find another career, lol), but are there any jobs out there that pay for just transcription anymore?? I sure would like to find one~~If anyone knows of any work, please let me know :)

2 cents a line for VR? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Did I read that right, and you're on third shift and have 20+ years of experience. That is the lowest VR pay I've ever heard of. I think they're taking advantage of you, and you should look elsewhere. I think the now-average of 4 cpl is too low, but at least it's double what you'll be making. Good luck!

Firs question - Why are you working a third shift editing jobs for - 0.02 cpl???

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you live in india, this is totally unacceptable and I would have kept looking.

Transcend - No wonder

[ In Reply To ..]
Boy, being rude and nasty must be par for the course at Transcend. The trainers are nasty with rude comments and I have them all saved just to remind me how unprofessional they are. One comment from this particular trainer I had says "what do you think I do sit around and eat bonbons all day." People complain of the pay at Nuance, but I've been there for over 2 years and I have never run into any of this rudeness with Nuance's trainers, TL, QAs, etc. This group are truly professionals and would never send back snide and nasty emails. This is just my experience.

I was gonna work for Transcend, but felt the heat of the - unprofessionalism the first week and broke camp.

[ In Reply To ..]
Glad I saw early on and didn't waste my time. I cant work under such stressful circumstances and from what I have read on the boards (not just this thread) I made the right decision.

That whole time clock thing blows me away. They dont care if it takes you 12hrs to get 8hrs worth of work, you are only allowed to enter 8hrs. To me that is getting over on the employees who work off production so they dont have to pay downtime when there is no work or kick out extra for the new hires who aren't meeting minimum wage yet. Meaning no cushion what so ever while your in your learning curve.

Absolutely agree with you - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
I quit Transcend after the first week. Rude, rude trainers, unprofessional, and constant technical issues, which I was blamed for, constant calls to tech to get it fixed, on and on. Too much stress. Anything would be better than Transcend. I hope the new company gets rid of the unprofessional trainers and QA. etc.

QA - me

[ In Reply To ..]
When Transcend bought DTS, the quotas for QA changed to 80 reports per day, and unless you are a speed reader and a magician, there's NO possible way, so not surprised you are getting what you consider grumpy messages. There is one particular group of accounts over there that constantly have new people on them because nobody can understand them and the VR is horrible. There are even QA people who kick the work back. I used to come on and work would be on there over 9 hours old because other QA people had kicked the work back and let it sit, and did management do anything about it, of course not.

If your company is the one bought out, what you - describe above is the standard - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
method the larger MTSO has of getting rid of the purchased company's employees. I work for a different company that bought out my original company, and I'm the last original MT left. My QA scores are high, yet they're trying to get me fired for exactly the type of thing you describe.

It isn't you. It's the way these shady, corrupt corporations work. A lot of what these companies do is illegal, but since it's a field that most people don't even know exists, they continually get away with it by flying under the radar.

Even though it's true that "no one cares about MT, or transcriptionists", I believe that with a lot of "creative marketing", if you will, we could make our profession the poster-child of everything that is wrong with business-as-usual in America.

Similar Messages:

Rude QA
Sep 13, 2010

Have to say, have been with this company for over 2 years and have always found QA helpful and informative.  Today; however, I ran into my first "smart %&^%".  I am sure they have a lot of work and attitudes to deal with, but....  I am sure sarcastic remarks will come back to bit this person in the butt at some point.  Their function is to assist the MTs in making an accurate report for the customers, pointers and assistance are great.  Ridicule,  not so much.&n ...

My CCM Is So RUDE. This Is
Apr 11, 2012

apparently the first time she's ever had any power & she doesn't know how to professionally handle it.  I've been a supervisor before.  This is not how you treat employees.  We are all adults, in this together, working as a team.  We're not children to be talked down to.  Asking nicely for something works a lot better than threats & rudeness.  I would love to transfer to a more professional, less nasty CCM.  The one I had before was ...

Rude People
Dec 15, 2009

Why has everyone gotten so rude.  You apply for jobs and you can sense the "Tude" through the E-mails - if they are kind enough to send you one!  35+ years experience and they act like you are just off the boat to Transcription Land.    Counting the days until I can retire.  Love the websites that say you can make $60 K a year too - now that is really rude! ...

RUDE RECEPTIONIST
Jul 30, 2010

I have been seeing my PA every three months right after my cardiologist for congestive heart failure.  He prescribes my meds and communicates with my cardiologist during my checkup.  He's a pretty nice guy who really cares about his patients, and his nurses are awesome.  However, his receptionist is rude and unprofessiional. She answers the phone with an attitude, like she hates being there, and seems like she takes it out on the patients. She's only in her early 20 ...

Rude Employers
Jan 19, 2011

Are the rest of you as disgusted as I am with not hearing back after sending an application?  Are all these ads for work just made up to look like there are jobs when in reality the ads are fakes?  I hear from so many other MTs/editors that they apply for jobs but never hear back, even after receiving permisson to do testing.  Maybe we should all stop applying and let them sit and spin! ...

DTSOK, SO RUDE
Mar 20, 2012

I responded to DTSOK's job posting on another board 2 weeks ago.  Within a couple hours, I received an email from their recruiter, indicating that I should take the test that day, as they were planning to talk to people that week.  I did this.  A day later, I received an email from the transcription manager, indicating that I had passed the test, and asking if I was still interested, and asking me to respond to her with the best time for her to call me.  I did this.  ...

I'm An IC And Get Rude Messages From QA?
May 22, 2012

I don't even really work "for" these people and I get emails that are not only unprofessional but extremely rude.  So after working for 12 years with this company we get a new QA and she thinks she can blast me because I've been in the hospital and didn't work for a week? Yes, I'm very mad. ...

Does Anyone Else Have A Rude, Condescending QC?
Feb 14, 2013

I always DREAD getting any email from her.  She's always so rude, condescending, and unprofessional.  I sooo miss my old QC who was simply wonderful.  This one is on some sort of power trip. ...

Dealing With A Rude TSM
Oct 18, 2013

I've had it with our rude TSM so I just sent an e-mail to HR about them.  Ten weeks ago I put in a request for PTO to attend a family wedding this weekend and sent them an e-mail.  They never got back to me.  I've sent several reminders.  We finally just presumed it was OK and booked the hotel.  Now the TM responds - and we're leaving this afternoon - that I need to give more notice on these things in the future but will approve it anyway.  Say w ...

How Do You All Deal With Rude QA?
May 13, 2014

Every time I ask a question, if this one specific QA person sees my question, she emails a snippy response.  How do you all handle rude QA? ...

Netmed Rude Management
Dec 16, 2011

***** from Netmed was rude. Passed testing 100%, then told me no openings.  She seemed distracted and angry at me.. I was out the door before I got in.. ...

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Rude Response From An MTSO
Sep 29, 2012

after they read your resume?  I just got a very rude response and told her I was not going to waste my time working for her if she could not even treat me decently at the very first contact.  ...

I Did Go Ahead And Email The Rude Lady And Told Her
Sep 01, 2014

thank you, but I do not think I want to work for someone so rude.  I am glad I did.  Maybe she will consider her actions more thoroughly before sending a response next time.  I sure hope so.  I am glad I did that, too. ...

How Do You Deal With A Very Rude Team Lead? I Work For Transcend And
Oct 08, 2011

have never been treated so badly at any company.  My team lead sends out the nastiest e-mails I have ever received in my life.  When I talked to my ROM (who is no longer there), she said I just needed to realize that this person had a very strong military background and that is "just how she is".  I have been around a lot of military and most of them were taught to be tactful and at least half way nice.  You never know what is going to set this one off or how she will react t ...