A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

20-French "female" sound? - mt

Posted: Jul 16, 2014

The word in question is "female".  I've never heard of that but sounds like what he is saying.  Is that correct?  I cannot find anything on it.  The sentence is:

I went ahead and passed a 20-French female sound through his reconstructed meatus and he maintains a good caliber meatus and feels that he urinates without difficulties.

meatal sound? urethroscope? Foley? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

female sound - kcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
There are male and female sounds used for urethral dilatation due to differences in anatomy. The doctor could be using the female sound on a male.

sounds can be male or female - see link to Bard products - research

[ In Reply To ..]
see link

Similar Messages:

Feeding Tube - 40-French? I Only Remember Typing 20-French. SM
Nov 12, 2010

A 20 or 40-French feeding tube was connected to the oral end of the guidewire, which was pulled back and the feeding tube pulled behind it.   TIA ...

83 Rolled Caucasian Female?
Sep 14, 2010

Does ASR not "hear" year-old approximately 5 million times a day?  This cannot be because someone "changed it wrong" in an ASR report.  It is because it is stupid and whoever programs it is stupid.  Also it takes 6.1 about 3 seconds to change the speed in a report now - up or down.  I have to sit and wait.  Going to be a really great day.  I am sick with cold or flu and, of course, calling in sick is never an option.  Sorry, I digress.  Thanks.  Jus ...

Am I The Only One That Has Problems With Female Dictators?
Jan 10, 2013

x ...

I Have Been Listening To This One Female ESL Dictator For A Year Now,
Feb 03, 2013

and not once has she NOT been sniffling, sneezing, snorting, and swallowing/gulping down her own snot.  Clean your nose out, already!  These noises are really gross, I can never get through a whole report without stopping to gag.  She is also a low-talker, so I can't just turn the volume down.    OK, vent over.  ...

This Male Female Mixing Up Is Getting Worse
Mar 19, 2014

I noticed it this morning since switching,,woman clearly stated is a gentleman and the he/she her/him switching is worse then ever. AND I dont like the F4 changes extra steps that take time ...

S/l Big-boy Bed? Morbidly Obese Female Breathing Comfortably In A Big-boy Bed
Nov 02, 2009

I have never heard of this before.  Anyone?  (I tried to post this earlier, but for some reason it did not work) ...

Female's Social History, Dr Clearly Said Patient Lives At Home With Her Wife. I Left It SM
Jan 17, 2015

Did not know if gay marriage was legal in that state (PA)  but it was certainly what was said.,, so I didn't want to flag it either.  Fortunately, I no longer work for Nuance.  No telling what kind of dings I wold have gotten for that.   ...

#24 French
Feb 21, 2010

What is the correct way to type #24 French chest tube - #24 or No. 24 French? ...

9.5-French Or 9 1/2-French?
Nov 16, 2012

TIA ...

Why Do We Hyphenate 7-French, But Not 7 Cm
Nov 17, 2012

x ...

French Fry Anus
Nov 15, 2010

How ASR got that out of "fenestration" is beyond me.  That's the kind of crap I slogged through over the weekend. And also my personal favorite, the guy who starts every sentence over 5 times. "She said that she said that the patient reported she reported The patient reported that last Wednesday she felt last week she she noted The patient reported "= through the whole report, all in glorious ASR ...

S/l Tor-day Day French Adenocarcinoma
Jan 14, 2011

My dictator is an ESL who is usually very clear, but I can't get this one. I think she is saying "tor-day day French adenocarinoma of the lung. Thanks for any help. Jeannie ...

24 French Send
Feb 02, 2011

fem-pop bypass:  doc saying 24 french "send" very clearly.  I tried to make myself hear "stent," but that's not it.  books are still in storage, cannot verify "send."  Anyone?  TIA ...

New French Doctor
Jan 29, 2012

Okay, we've got this new French doctor at one of my hosptials. When I transcribe his dictation, in my head, I'm transcribing dictation form Gelles Marini from Brothers and Sisters and Dancing with the Stars. He's hard to understand, but I'm in love with him. LOL. It's a nice break from the other ESL doctors from the Middle East. I respect that they are learning English and I am sympathetic, but they cost me so much money because with some of them, I earn about $4 an ...

French Scale
Jul 15, 2014

In transcribing 6 French something, is a hyphen required? ...

A 36-French S/l Vizza G-tube
May 19, 2015

Sleeve gaastrectoomy procedure.   We then used serial firings of the Endo-GIA stapler to create a sleeve around a 36-French s/l Vizza G-tube.   ...

A 7-French _____ Catheter Was Passed For Right Heart Catheterization.
Apr 06, 2011

Hi Everyone, a 7-French _____ catheter was passed for right heart catheterization. Sounds like "hoojalico" Thnx ...

3-month-old Female Comes In For "sergis" Vaccination
Dec 22, 2009

Serges vaccination? ...

S/l "first" Screen On A Gravid Female
Nov 16, 2010

This is very clear and I am unable to document.  Help? ...

Pt Is A G3, P1 "A B 2"female. With One Child.
Dec 21, 2012

? ...

S/L French "Furman" Pigtail Catheter....
Jan 04, 2010

The patient is a 12-year-old with SIRS.......cannot locate in Stedman's or Tessier or online... S/L could be Furman, Frumin.......????      ...

10 French Worley System For Pacemaker. Worley Or Wurlee Or ?
Aug 05, 2010

Is it WORLEY or WURLY or ?  Need help with this. Thanks ...

SL 6-French "PINOT" Guiding Catheter
Nov 15, 2010

Anyone every heard of this catheter 6-French sl Pinot guiding catheter?  I have looked everywhere and cannot find it.  Thanks! ...

4-French S/l "JDRC" For A Heart Cath
May 06, 2013

thanks in advance, hate cardiac reports and my stedmans book won't work..Cant google verify this either ...

The Penis Was S/l "bujeed" Up To A 10 French
Jul 24, 2010

TIA ...

19 French "channel" Drain?
May 12, 2011

It sounds like he is saying channel drain during a GI surgery.  Has anyone ever heard ofa  channel drain or do you know of a good website that lists various surgical drains and their names?  I'd be very grateful for any info.    Thanks so much! ...

16 French S/l "lip" Cystoscope
Aug 18, 2010

cystoscopy procedure:   Under topical anesthesia 16 French s/l "lip????" cystoscope was passed without difficulty.  ...

Sound Is So Low
May 24, 2011

My manager said the low sound was fixed, however, I have reports coming in timed right now and the sound is still extremely low.  I am on the West Coast.  Anyone out here having problems still with the low sound?  I can't hear the doctors! ...

I Just HAVE To Sound Off A Little Bit.
Nov 15, 2014

.....dangled in front of me only to have it yanked away shortly!  I am tired of not knowing from one day to the next whether there will be work or whether I will even HAVE a job!!!!  Tired of chasing after work that does not exist!  There MUST be SOMETHING out there for a 50+ year old person with 20+ years of medical transcription experience to be able to support themselves on, but if there is, I have not found it yet!  I have said this before, and I will say it aga ...

Does This Sound Right? I've Never Had This On An Exam..
Nov 02, 2009

Visual fields are full to confrontation. ...