A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking for a software program to monitor my actual time working - Anon

Posted: Apr 23, 2014

I work for a company that does not monitor my "hands on the keys."  However, I am trying to determine what I am actually earning per hour when factoring in all of the patient demograhics, internet research, etc. that is not reflected in my line count. 

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced or shareware program that would do this?  Thanks.

Try a stopwatch - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

no need for expensive software - use a timer - mtr

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Divide your line counts by your hours worked - SickNTired

[ In Reply To ..]
That's how I do it. That makes me below minimum wage though. Most of the docs quit putting in patient demos, so now I spend a LOT of time looking for patient names, etc. :(

Divide your line counts by hours worked - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for the suggestions, but I am looking for something that will hold up in court -- not something subjective.

I think "the court" will suggest you should - just find another job.

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are not happy with your employer, find another.

Time Stamp - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

Time Stamp A free, open-source MS Windows program you can use to easily track time spent on a project. It enables you to time how long you spend on a task, including features that let you take "slack time" for a phone call or break. Times for various tasks can be linked to an hourly charge rate for accurate billing. Export your data using ASCII or XML, and customize your report for your own letterhead.

http://www.syntap.com/downloads.htm

I use this freebie. See link. - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

I use this - Rebel

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been using TrackAMinute2 from Spacejock Software for about six months or so and I love it. You can set up multiple projects for multiple clients and it's extremely easy to use and best of all - FREE.

Similar Messages:

Time Working Actual Question
Oct 04, 2013

My company requires a solid 8 hours a day 40 hours a week of system time of transcribing in order to not be fired. This is in an 8 hour day (100% of the time on the keyboard). Any tips on how to do this. My back hurts and I don't want to get fired or I will lose my home. Thanks in advance for suggestions.   ...

Anybody Else's Actual Time Worked Not Match Clocked Time?
Jun 13, 2011

Ever since they have changed Schedule Source and now it has a display called today's activity with "actuals" hours, this has not matched the hours shown with the time clock punches and is less than the hours according to the clock punch. The difference adds up to a significant amount over time. I am really suspicious about being jypped paywise. ...

MT Monitor -- Anyone Use This Line Count Program
Jan 02, 2010

Has anyone used this line count program?  I can't find much info about it, other than a company page on the 'net. ...

Does Anyone Use Another Software Program Other
Sep 23, 2014

I am so sick of this  "free"  program only for 14 days,  then you're locked out of using your pedal unless you buy the program.   I've heard lots of complaints about how bad the quality and the service have become, so I'd really rather not buy this one if they're out to screw over people with little to no customer service, and mandatory multiple purchases of Pro version to get the pedal to work because tech support ignores people. I have Windows 8,&n ...

EScription Software Program
Jun 26, 2014

If eScription software program easy to learn and those of you that use it, do you like it?   ...

InfraWare Software Program
Jul 04, 2014

Does anyone know of any transcription company that uses InfraWare program for their transcription? ...

Anyone Use A Free Medical Dictionary Software Program?
Dec 22, 2014

Hello all.  I am wondering if anyone uses a free medical dictionary software and would be willing to share the name.  Thanks! ...

Is There Any Software Program To Download To Improve Sound Quality/tone?
Jun 28, 2012

for Windows 7.  Thanks for your help.  ...

Looking For A Coding Program That I Can Take Part Time
Jan 03, 2012

I am currently looking for a coding program that I can take part time. I have an A.S.S. in Med. Transcription and work full time at a hospital. They are wanting me to find a program that is AHima accredited as my work will pay for it. I can't attend full time due to kids, work, etc. Any suggestions? ...

Why Does This Company Email Program Time Me Out?
Jul 26, 2012

I'll have the email program open and about 30 minutes or so later, it'll log me out.  What gives? ...

Is Anyone Working Part-time At MQ? - Sm
Jan 07, 2011

Wondering if they have part-time and what that entails, if anyone knows?  Do you have to work specific hours, meaning, worse hours, because you are part-time?  (Some companies make part-timers only work weekends).  Are they any statutory employees? Thanks for any help. ...

First Time Right Starts Working In My Area
May 07, 2010

When first time right actually starts working in my area, what kind of message will you get if you try to work outside of your schedule?  Will you be able to log in to DQS/DQM?  Thanks ...

Anyone Else Spending More Time Punching In And Out Than Actually Working? Nm
Oct 10, 2012

.. ...

Getting A Mortgage Working Part Time With
Mar 29, 2013

Has anyone been able to get a mortgage while working part time and receiving Social Security?  I have been told by 2 mortgage lenders that this is not possible.  Any replies are greatly appreciated, and if you felt like sharing the name of your mortgage lender that also would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

How Would You Explain Why You Aren't Working At This Time?
Aug 30, 2013

I was terminated in March and now I cannot find a job. I have been working for 31 years, and this past account was a disaster. (I worked for 2 years at this company but moved to another account and had to learn so many, many things, and one of the docs were so bad, that when I asked for help I instead got a critical error. The TSM's seemed to not like me and would not help me learn VR (because my immediate supervisor went on leave of absence). So I ran out of work after 5 hours every day a ...

Unemployment While Working Part Time IC
Feb 25, 2015

I have a question concerning unemployment and I hope I can word this correctly. I have 2 jobs. One is IC with a very small volume - about 1500 lines per 2-week pay period. I also have a full-time job as an employee. I will be laid off my full-time job this Friday due to loss of work. I am considering filing for unemployment, but I wonder how my IC job will affect my unemployment, if at all? I also have an option of receiving more work from the IC job, but still would not be making as much as I d ...

Thoughts On Working For M Modal Part-time?
Feb 09, 2013

It is depressing reading about the poor treatment by some companies. I am looking for some part-time transcribing or VR editing after losing OT and no raise but health care, grocery, gas costs still rising. How are they to work for? Do you run out of work? Is the pay so low you feel like you are sewing soccer balls in India? I worked for a local service years ago, the pay was great, the owner great and tons of work. From what I am reading 8 cpl for transcribing and 4 cpl for VR editing is n ...

Filing For Early Social Security/Working Part-time
Apr 07, 2012

Anyone here working part-time and receiving early Social Security benefits? I am considering doing this in the next year and wondering if anyone else is already doing so. Thoughts?  I've been working full-time since the age of 18 years and part-time before that, with only a 6-month period of time between jobs, but was collecting severance pay those 6 months. So, I really feel I deserve to get back some of the money I've put into Social Security over the last 4-1/2 d ...

What Is Our Actual Line Rate?
Jan 17, 2013

Is it still the same? ...

Info From An Actual QC Person
Jun 20, 2013

I have seen a LOT of posts on here about QC and most of them are completely inaccurate.  Since we have joined with Nuance I think things have gotten very confusing and this is where some of misinformation is coming from.  Quality is now split in two, predelivery and post delivery.  Those of us in predelivery (QC1) are told NOT to "ding" the MLS for for any kind of punctuation unless for some rare reason it would impact patient care.  We are told to use a very light hand and m ...

Are There Any Companies With Actual Work?
Feb 17, 2015

I am tired of begging for work and then the higher ups send out messages about so many jobs on the system/out of TAT but yet I ask daily for work and there isn't any. Looking for some place that can actually keep me busy with work. ...

Actual Medical Question And Such
Mar 18, 2015

When do you capitalize gram in gram negative rods or Gram negative rods? Also, what is the keystrokes if you accidentally erase a word or sentence to put it back in, instead of going back and retyping? ...

A Question For The Actual Coders Here.
Jun 18, 2015

In your daily job, do you code from scratch or do you more or less verify codes that have already been put there?   With the course I'm taking I'm noticing most of the exams are more of a mutliple choice and less of coding it myself.  I'm wondering if that's how it works in the real world. ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

Book Of Style - What Is The Actual Title
Jun 08, 2011

What is the actual title of the Book of Style?  I see The Book of Style for Medical Transcription, 3rd Edition - Paperback (June 15, 2008) by Lea M. Sims and John H. Dirckx and I also see The AAMT Book of Style: A Searchable Medical Transcription Style Guide (2nd Edition) - CD-ROM (July 21, 2005) by American Association for Medical Transcription (AAMT). One is by AAMT and one is not - I am assuming the AAMT is the Book of Style everyone refers to?  I am buying this for someone and want to ...

Are Erythematic And Erythemic Actual Words?
Aug 27, 2011

I have had different docs use erythematic and erythemic. Are those actual words? I saw an old post where someone claimed it was in their dictionary, but did not cite the source. ...

MQ Monitor
Jun 09, 2010

I received a "new" NEC LCD17V monitor from MQ today.  In the monitor box was a base and a small black plastic piece inside a small plastic bag.  I cannot for the life of me figure out what the small black plastic piece is for.  Any ideas?  TIA. ...

Does Anyone Know If U.S. Career Institute Is An Actual Acredited MT School?
Jan 04, 2012

I have completed a course in medical transcriptioning in a school thats called U.S. Career Institute and was woundering if I just got hoaxed or if it was a real school. If anybody knows I would appraciate it having difficulties finding a job. ...

OOOOH, An Actual Employee Handbook In The Next Few Weeks???
Dec 11, 2012

I have been here almost 2 years and have been asking for one the entire time.  Does it actually exist?? ...

No Monitor With Q Computer???
Oct 13, 2009

When the Q supplies the computer, don't they send a monitor?  Just got the tower, keyboard and mouse.  ...