A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Just a vent but I am sooo tired of this - nn

Posted: Jul 06, 2011

Is is just me or what?  I am sooo tired of these companies wanting "so much per hour" as far as line counts staight typing or voice wreck is concerned.  I was just locked out of the system at my company because I had received 2 warnings regarding the fact that they felt I was not meeting my 125 lph straight typing.  Well for one thing, I am in my mid-50s have a slight case of cerebal palsy on my right side as well as being slightly arthritic.  Maybe I am wrong, but when you play in ESLs, poor sound quality and unfamilar work types.  I feel that the MTSOs need to take these things into consideration and they are not.  More and more, I am beginning to feel like a trained monkey or a donkey with a carrot dangled in front of its nose.  I live in an expensive part of the country (Miami) and do not have a husband to support me.  I just wish these MTSOs would realize that we are people as well and I know that I have worked as hard as I possibly  can.

Have you told them about your disability? nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yes I have - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes I have and have even looked into possibly getting benefits (I was the first baby the doc ever delivered and he panicked). I was told that I would have to be out of work for a year in order to qualify and that if I could "sit in a chair for 8 hours", I am not considered disabled. Even though, this profession has taken its toll on my body physically and mentally.

As an aside, my S/O was diagnosed wtih CHF 2 months ago. He was terminated from his job because he can no longer meet the physical requirements -- however, according to the "medical classification" he has a "minor stage." To me, this whole system is goofy.

NN, you really need a counselor or attorney with a specialty in - disability. Many people are turned down by

[ In Reply To ..]
busy clerk/computer combos the first time they file on their own. You're trying to play the game but have no idea what all the rules are. Even if you don't qualify now, you may before that long as that toll you speak of takes some more bites out of you.

Regarding companies allowing part-time work, employees are expensive to maintain, and health insurance is hideously expensive--for the companies as well as us. As belts tighten, companies want that ratio of lines produced to employee cost as high as possible. Consideration in this respect would really amount to a charitable donation; a lot of companies used to feel rich enough indulge, but many are fighting just to stay alive these days, and the mood of the era in general, as we know, is lassez-faire ruthlessness. We just have to examine our own resources and deal with what we have.

You don't say where your own insurance comes from, but have you thought of setting your own hours by ICing to a local practice or two?

BTW, I'm not meaning to sound unkind at all. I have my own diagnosis and will be in a very bad position myself if my own problem starts advancing faster. Knock wood that it doesn't.

Good luck to you.

I don't know if it differs by state or what - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I have been diagnosed with COPD; it's bad enough that doing anything beyond the basic ADLs is difficult, but, as you noted, sitting in a chair for 8 hours is not a problem. And I was eligible for a full disability. I declined because it was not enough income for me right now.

As far as your employer, if you do not have a medically classified disability, I don't know that they have to make allowances for you. I suppose you could lie, but I don't know what's to stop everyone from doing the same thing.

Just to be clear, it's not that I disagree with you. I have had the same thing happen, and it appears that they have this magic number fixed in their heads of lines that must be done and don't understand that it can be unreasonable across different platforms, accounts, dictators, and even days of the week. So you do have my sympathy as I've BT/DT.

Similar Messages:

Tired Of Stress, Tired Of Crying, I HATE MY JOB!!!!!!! Nm
May 19, 2010

nm ...

Sooo, When Is MQ Going To Admit That
May 21, 2010

the problem with DQS disconnecting and slow/no downloading, etc, is actually their problem and not our internet problem???  At least 5 times a night DQS either disconnects me or I have to wait for my jobs to show up, all the while I'm able to connect to the internet.  ...

SOOO Fed Up With FOCUS
Sep 23, 2010

I am soo fed up with this company.  I am an experienced MT and have been on their "crappy" training rate for three months.  I get "dinged" in lab values if I add commas and the platelet count is 348,000  have to change everything to semicolons then if patelet count is just 38 commas are fine.  I have done QA and NEVER dinged anyone for stuff like this.  Of course, this wonderful company as well wants VERBATIM  -- heaven forbid you add "a or the" to have something ma ...

Wow This ASR Is Working Sooo Well
May 26, 2013

ASR: Turns out, it turned out, it turned out, iron at burnt it turns out, it turned out, iron. thats what a dial tone says in real life...lol ...

There Is Sooo Much Work
Feb 26, 2014

I guess the problems they have been having with Fluency have put everything behind.  I wonder why they haven't been screaming for overtime.  It looks like an all hands on deck kind of situation to me. ...

I Want To Quit This Place Sooo Much
Feb 19, 2014

But I'm not giving them the satisfaction, FIRE ME PLEASE!!! Just do it soon, so sick of you making me feel like an idiot. 20 years, I'm done... ...

Sooo, Whatcha Newbs Doing To Get Ready For Class?
Mar 22, 2014

Seriously.  What are you doing to get ready for your Big Adventure?     ...

Just "hired?" By Nuance...sooo....
May 22, 2012

Ok...so, I applied, tested, etc for Nuance and they made me an offer.  However, since that time I've waited 2 weeks for training to begin only to be delayed by the system going down yesterday.  Now it looks as if training will be rescheduled for July?  Really?...Recruiter said she would check with her boss because "this just isn't fair" and "I'll call you right back."  That was 2-1/2 hours ago.  No call back.  So...I've started receiving email up ...

So Tired
Dec 09, 2009

I have sent tons of resumes, NOT ONE reply, NOT ONE call...I have 14 years of experience and I need a job ASAP.  Used to be easy to find a job in this field.  I am so tired and disheartened by these companies who place ads, but do not take the time to even respond via auto reply or ANYTHING.... ...

Same Tired Old Job Ads
Jul 14, 2010

I wonder if we'll ever again see a job posting that looks attractive and isn't posted by one of the big mouthed bass that has taken over the industry. ...

Another One....i'm Tired
Nov 16, 2010

If it appeared degenerative or (sounds like synovenectin) she would like a mini open ...

NJA : I'm So *%^&* Tired Of Having To Sit In This
Mar 14, 2011

Cleaning up elephant-poo would be more exciting and rewarding than this. Likely far more lucrative, too. ...

Too Tired To Think
Aug 24, 2011

Pt has a thumb laceration with nerve repair.  Doc dictates:  His Tinel's sign is past the DIP now. I've never heard mention about the Tinel's sign being past the DIP.  Is this correct?  THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!! ...

Tired Of It Yet?
Oct 07, 2011

Almost everything I read on this board expresses a common thread of disgust with the Q.  If you really hate that the work is going to India, if you really hate that MedQuist is a greedy heartless monster, and if you really despise what is happening to our medical records because of this company, why keep helping it out by staying and helping them make more money by paying slave wages?  I see these words and phrases:  unethical, greedy, corrupt, lower and lower wages, wor ...

Are We Tired Enough Of ISR?
Jun 26, 2012

Are you as tired as I am of making dumb little corrections in the ISR system? This morning, I am spending all my time “uncapitalizing” regular words in the middle of sentences. Where does it come up with the underline in the middle of laboratory values (1._4). It adds a colon after dates and this morning the abbreviation, MD, is after some of the headings. There are no paragraphs. I delete numbers in a list because they are never right and it is easier than going back and changing the ...

So Very, Very Tired Of This
Apr 08, 2013

I do not like working this late.  But, this is generally when the work is available and I understand that it is my best chance of getting work.  Not very many people on my account on a Monday night.  I see 23 reports, op notes, that are easy lines, require an insert, and right when I am about to begin to be able to download them, all of them are gone.  This happens all the freakin time.  Somebody had to pull and assign them for them to disappear in a chunk like that.&nbs ...

I'm So Tired Of Seeing Ads Looking For Help -
Apr 14, 2014

at the following places - TTS, SoftScript, Nuance, FutureNet, StenTel, Keystrokes, TransTech...and so forth and so on.  These companies need to sit back and ask themselves - hmmmmm why can't we keep MTs employed, why doesn't anyone want to work for us, why do we always have ads posted on the job boards....... ...

Tired Of This
Aug 16, 2014

I've been feeling the desire to hang up transcription for good..tired of the nitpicking..the no raise in pay..the feeling of being anonymous..etc...put application in at the hospital.  Yes, I have loved being at home for a really long time now but getting to where I just hate this. Is there life after transcription?  Suggestions appreciated! ...

So Tired Of It All
May 05, 2015

I'm so tired of doctors putting in the wrong patient name, sounding like they're talking through a garden hose, and mumbling. ...

Have To Vent About A PA
Oct 19, 2009

I have an ARNP doing a radiation follow up.  She dictates "33 fractions of 5040 GRAY" and then goes on to say "that's small c, capital G, small y."  She has done this a number of times over a number of reports.  I'm just shaking my head.   ...

VR Vent!!
Oct 20, 2009

I just spent the last few hours pretty much completely re-typing garbage VR!  I am so sick of this!  Especially after we just got our rate cut significantly.  Why can't they provide a good VR platform??!! I just worked my butt off for nothing! ...

Just A Vent....
Dec 07, 2009

Someone ought to take these ESL doctors and torture them like they torture us with their unbelievably horrible English speaking skills! We should not be told we're jeopardizing patient care - it's the ESL doctors.  I've never had an ESL doctor and I'd refuse to be treated by one who can't speak clearly or speak a complete sentence. Jerks! ...

I Have To Vent (even Though There's Nothing To Be Done) Sm
Jan 07, 2010

I've been doing this a long time, and I know how oblivious doctors are to anything approaching being polite when they dictate.  I've heard them in the bathroom, I've heard them yelling at their kids, talking on the phone, listening to football games on TV while dictating, etc.  We all have.  But there's this one foreign female doctor on the account I regularly transcribe who drives me UP the wall.  She apparently thinks dictation time is time to eat.  ...

Just Want To Vent
Mar 07, 2010

I hate being on QA hold.  I just started a new job and no matter where I've worked through the years, QA always seem to be the same!  It's never consistent.  I'm marked off for one thing by one QA and then not for the same thing by another!  Am I supposed to do that or not? I'm trying to learn this account and being 2 different things on one subject is confusing to say the least! ...

Just A Vent For ASR
Jul 17, 2010

Wow, if E-scription is such a wonderful ASR platform, I feel sorry for us all becuase I have had to change at least 1-2 words per line on E-scription today, WHENEVER I actually had work, that is.  This whole thing is getting worse and worse all the time, and for such horrible cpl rates that I can't even stand this after 36 years.  If the doctors and all the big muckity mucks had even the SLIGHTEST clue.  Gladly change places for one report with them.  Thanks I needed t ...

ESL Vent
Nov 01, 2010

Ugh, I am getting so frustrated with this ESL doc.  He says these doctors' names and I cannot understand him and I don't even know if he's pronouncing them correctly.  I search through all the doctors' names that start with the letter that it sounds like he saying to try to find one that might match how he is pronouncing it.  It's taking so much time.  If I find a name that comes close enough to what he is saying, I will use that.  Other times I ...

Just An ESL Vent
Nov 06, 2010

Just need to vent and complain a little about the annoying way this ESL dictates...it's really getting on my nerves.   He constantly says things like: Heart sounds "is" regular.  Medications "is" reviewed.  Lungs "is" clear.  Always combining plurals with singulars.  Then there's the: There is "a" pitting edema...  And no, he's not saying "ah", it is clearly an "a."  There is "a" mitral regurgitation...  Finally, I can tell he's re ...

Can I Please Vent About This
Apr 18, 2011

We have a supervisor.. just one.  She can also type at home if she chooses to once she gets home from the office.  Of course she does because she makes a lot more money.  I probably would too.  But, here's my peeve..... We can't cherry pick.. of course not. No sending jobs back that are from some of the worst dictators in the world. We just trod through and type and get those horrible lines per hour on those horrible docs . But she assigns all the best dictator ...

Need To Vent.
Aug 18, 2011

I am trying so hard at this new job.  I've been there a month, and I've never seen such complicated visit choices, etc.  It's just very difficult for me for some reason.  I have pages and pages of good notes, but I'm always missing something.  So far, no one has been ugly with me, but I'm feeling it's only a matter of time.  I'm an experienced MT of over 12 years and am very good, but I'm just about to cry because of these header p ...

CAN I VENT HERE???
Sep 08, 2011

I've switched jobs about 4 times this year, searching for the "perfect fit" - even went down to 7 cpl as an IC which everyone on these boards has said NEVER to do, just so I could have no weekends and flexibility during the day.  Just when I thought I found a great company, they changed their platform to Emdat/Inscribe.  Oh, ah, so much fun - NOT!!!  And so much for that 7 cpl.  We'll be getting 2 cpl on the QT lines  :(  I am soooo unhappy.  To make ...