A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is 8 cpl reasonable for IC radiology work? - anon

Posted: Apr 22, 2010

It's been nearly 10 years since I've worked as an IC, so I'm not sure what's considered reasonable pay nowadays.  Does 8 cpl sound reasonable for radiology transcription as an IC?  I'm accustomed to being paid by the report as an employee, so it's a bit difficult to compare the two, but it seems a little low to me.

Definitely on the low side - but not unexpected I guess

[ In Reply To ..]
8 cpl is definitely low for an IC and equivalent to being paid approximately 6 cpl as an employee.

But unfortunately, this seems to be what a lot of MTSOs seem to be offering these days. They are trying to compete with the offshore companies so usually need to cut their prices (although not usually by that much). So, what the MTSOs are really looking for and offering these days are American MTs at third-world wages. JMHO

Low but - ancient mt

[ In Reply To ..]
it is also in line with the rates that are being paid today.

Radiology gigs are hard to find so if you want to do radiology, I'd say you might want to take this line rate. Sadly, holding out for more isn't likely to net you a position.

Hopefully it's on a great platform - RubySoho

[ In Reply To ..]
With a great platform and decent dictators, that 8 cpl might really add up at the end of the day.

Good luck!!!

Similar Messages:

What Is Reasonable? SM
Apr 23, 2012

I have a new job doing VRE.  This is new to me and I am glad to have the chance to learn it since there are few straight typing jobs out there.  However, I am shocked at how the reports look when they come to me.  To say that I am doing heavy-duty editing would be an understatement!  How much time is reasonable to spend on these reports? I am finding that it is taking me a great deal of time to correct them.  It might be easier to just transcribe them myself in most case ...

Need Insurance For Me (self Pay) Anything Reasonable In Louisiana?
Jun 10, 2010

nm ...

Any Companies Have Reasonable Insurance
Oct 09, 2011

Hi all, I was wondering if there were any companies out there that have reasonable insurance?  I am to start a new company in November, but the insurance is outrageous!  I am the only one working right now and we have two little ones.  So, we definitely need coverage.  If you are not comfortable with responding here, please do email.    Thank you! :)  ...

Reasonable Split Shift
Feb 15, 2013

If you were told by an employer on a given day you could work a split shift, what would you consider a reasonable amount of time in that split frame? 1 hour, 4 hours?  I just took a new job and am being screwed.  Would just like your opinions and have some validation for my own satisfaction as to who is being unreasonable.  Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Fax To Email Provider That Is Free Or Reasonable? Sm
Mar 07, 2010

I used to use Efax Messenger Plus but went over my limit on receiving faxes and I didn't care to pay a monthly premium as I only use it occasionally.  I would like incoming fax capabilities to email.  ...

Is It Reasonable To Expect A Raise After 4 Years?
Sep 13, 2011

I have worked for the same service for over 4 years.  I am an IC MT.  I feel I deserve an increase.  I asked for one at the end of my first year and was told the economy was bad....blah, blah.  Ok, I understood that but now I feel I have earned an increase.  Yes, I realize that many feel an IC should just inform the service of their increase.  I know that would not fly with this service.  They could care less if you work for them or not.  Theyhave a "we wi ...

Is It Reasonable To Request One Work Type-sm
Jul 17, 2012

I have been working for an MTSO and my main account is everything from cardiac catheterizations to discharge summaries to OP notes to consults to psychiatric notes.  It is a wide range of specialties.  I am not making any money.  I'm all over the board every day and I am frustrated.  Do you think it is a reasonable request to ask for just one or two work types?  TIA ...

Does Anyone Have Health Insurance Plan That Is A Bit More Reasonable?
Dec 02, 2012

I'm a poor, struggling medical transcriptionist, as most of us are. I'm six years away from receiving Medicare benefits and have been struggling to pay medical insurance the last few years. I just found out my premiums are going up from $256 to $308 monthly starting Jan. 2013. This insurance is not great, does not even pay for x-rays.  Does anyone have an insurance plan that is a bit more reasonable? I am not young, but do  not have any pre-existing conditions and really don't u ...

What Would Be A Reasonable Hourly Wage For A Medical Transcriptionist Of 12.5 Years?
Nov 30, 2012

Hi: I have worked for the same hospital for 12.5 years, so there is a lot of loyalty there. I live in a southern state in the USA. I get paid an hourly pay plus $0.47 incentive for anything over 90 minutes. My hourly pay to me is low, but not below $10.00 an hour. Is 20.00 per hour appropriate or am I wrong? Thanks in advance for the advice. PS: I am not here for a debate just want to know what is a good hourly pay for 12.5 years. Thanks, Mel ...

Radiology MT
Nov 03, 2009

Does anyone besides me think that the radiology ASR stinks.  On almost every report I am having to change/correct every third or fourth word.  And is an, punctuation where it doesn't belong, words left out that are dictated, words put in that are not dictated,  etc, etc, etc. ...

Radiology Pay?
Nov 11, 2009

I have been working acute care for the last 5 years and getting paid by the line.  I haven't done radiology in a few years, and when I was working in radiology I always got paid by the hour.  Now a local hospital is interested in my helping them out on the weekends with their radiology backlog, and are wanting to pay by report, but I have no idea what the average pay per report should be.  Can someone give some idea as to what I should be asking for?  Thanks ...

Radiology NJA
Jan 05, 2010

Is there anyone in SA5 besides me who seems to have no work virtually every day in the mornings?  This lack of work started before Thanksgiving and hasn't picked up yet, at least for me.  Anybody? ...

What Is A Radiology MLS
Jan 14, 2011

Can someone please tell me what a radiology MLS is?   ...

Radiology/GYN
Jan 05, 2012

Sounds like "6.7 cm cystic mass with synseptation"  Something before septation, either cyn, cin, syn... helllllllp.   Thanks ...

What's So Different About Radiology?
Jul 27, 2013

I'm wondering why radiology seems to be its own separate entity in the MT world.  It seems like if you know radiology, they'll bend over backwards to hire you.  I've done radiology before, just as part of my regular MT pool.  I don't get what's so "special" about it.  Does it have it's own quirky platform or something? ...

Radiology
Sep 30, 2014

Looking for a company that I can just transcribe x-ray reports for.  Anyone have any info that could help me please??? ...

Radiology Reports
Oct 18, 2009

Does anyone know what the average daily income is for typing radiology reports at 0.09 line?  Thanks. ...

No Work Radiology
Dec 03, 2009

My CCM told me that radiology was never outsourced---so where the hell is all the work.  Thanksgiving was a week ago, could it possibly still be that? ...

Radiology - What's The Going Rate?
Dec 14, 2009

What's the going rate with Radiology these days?  I'm getting $18/hour, but I could be making (much, much) more if I got paid by the line or by the dictated minute.  ...

NJA Radiology SA5 As Usual
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

Radiology Copies
Feb 25, 2010

When typing a radiology report, do you send the results/report of a radiology exam to just the ordering provider or the ordering and the family provider?  I am trying to find out if there is an industry standard.  The hospital I work for is looking at discontinuing sending the family provider a copy.  Thank you! ...

Radiology Accounts
Feb 25, 2010

Does anyone know of any companies hiring employee status (with medical benefits) for radiology? ...

Speech Q For Radiology? What's That? Nm
Mar 18, 2010

. ...

Radiology Pages Per Day
Mar 21, 2010

Anyone transcribing radiology and getting paid per page?  If so--how many pages are you averaging per day?   ...

Radiology Word Help
Mar 27, 2010

Hello, I am a student and new to this site. I'm unclear on word, and since my knowledge isn't too great yet, I'm not sure if the sentence makes sense. The word I'm not sure is "vary", here is the sentence: The small bowel transit time was approximately 2 hours or normal for this contrast medium vary the terminal ileum also appears within normal limits.   Thank you for your help! ...

Help For Radiology Newbie
May 16, 2010

I need some help from you guys.  I'm a newbie and I'm trying to land my first full-time job after a year of searching.  I've just been doing general transcription online; no medical. I had an interview at the local hospital in my area but they want to test me for the radiology dept.  Can anybody tell me what terms are used most frequently for radiology MT's.  Or just any info. would help me.  I've never taken a radiology test.  Thanks! VC ...

ALL TYPE - Anyone Was Currently Doing Radiology
Jul 27, 2010

I was wondering if anyone was currently doing Radiology work for ALL Type and can let me know your experience-- pros and cons.   Thanks. ...

How Do I Learn Radiology?
Aug 22, 2010

What's the best way to learn Radiology? I have no experience in this specialty. Should I just wait until I get a new job and am in it for a while, then ask to be trained on a Radiology account? ...

Best Radiology Reference
Sep 08, 2010

Hi, Can anyone recommend the best radiology reference? I'd like terms, phrases, and abbreviations combined. I'd like to have one reference at-hand. First, assignment/dictator could barely understand. How long before you felt more comfortable with various reports? ...

Radiology Requirements
Jun 21, 2011

What are the radiology requirements for production?  What platform is used?  What do you have to do to transfer to radiology?  Is the pay worse, better, or the same? ...