A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any companies have reasonable insurance - brokeandlooking

Posted: Oct 09, 2011

Hi all,

I was wondering if there were any companies out there that have reasonable insurance?  I am to start a new company in November, but the insurance is outrageous!  I am the only one working right now and we have two little ones.  So, we definitely need coverage.  If you are not comfortable with responding here, please do email. 

Thank you! :) 

In similar situations, I hope you get a response. - Need insurance

[ In Reply To ..]
If you hear anything, could you please pass it on to me and I will do the same for you. I have applied at 2 companies thus far but I have not heard back so I am unsure how it will pan out once I know about the insurance. Who are you starting with in November, where the insurance is so outrageous so I do not waste me time. You can also email me in private if you do not want to post the name on here. Thanks.

The pay at Diskriter is rather low, but they seem to have good benefits sm - Colorado MT

[ In Reply To ..]
at a relatively low price (around $200/month for individual coverage for medical/dental/vision). I have my own policy, though, with United Health, which is around $300 for medical/dental/vision simply because I am not sure I will stay with DR and want to have my own coverage and not be tied to the company. Good luck!

Thank you for the information! :) - brokeandlooking

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you so much. I appreciate the information! :)

Look into getting temporary insurance. - me

[ In Reply To ..]
We had it through Fortis. Dedecuible is high, but premium very reasonable. If you have a pre-existing condition you are not eligible. You can get it for 6 months to a year depending on your state and it is not renewable.

I have my font enlarged and it doesn't let me see all I type, so excuse any errors.

not just MT-My aunt is a pharmacist at walmart and has terrible insurance - begging her hubby to get a civil service job

[ In Reply To ..]
I think civil service is about the only way to go now for holiday pay and benefits now. So sad.

Similar Messages:

Need Insurance For Me (self Pay) Anything Reasonable In Louisiana?
Jun 10, 2010

nm ...

Does Anyone Have Health Insurance Plan That Is A Bit More Reasonable?
Dec 02, 2012

I'm a poor, struggling medical transcriptionist, as most of us are. I'm six years away from receiving Medicare benefits and have been struggling to pay medical insurance the last few years. I just found out my premiums are going up from $256 to $308 monthly starting Jan. 2013. This insurance is not great, does not even pay for x-rays.  Does anyone have an insurance plan that is a bit more reasonable? I am not young, but do  not have any pre-existing conditions and really don't u ...

Anbody Know Which Companies Have HMO Insurance?
Nov 18, 2009

I prefer not to deal with a PPO because they usually have huge deductibles and then only pay 80% after that.  Thank goodness I'm healthy, but I always think if anything ever were to ever happen, costs like that would put me under.  Are there any companies which offer either an HMO or maybe a choice between HMO and PPO? ...

Any Companies Have Decent Insurance?
May 11, 2015

Hi all!  I really need to work for a company with decent health insurance for an individual.  I think it would be a good reference for everyone if you could reply with the name of your MTSO, your health insurance premium, and whether it's individual or family.  Anyone want to participate?  ...

Ten Companies With Health Insurance For PT Work
Nov 13, 2010

Just saw this article and was thinking maybe I could swing a part time gig at one of these places and do transcription the rest of the time and thought I'd share....  If you can't get the link the companies are: R.E.I. Whole Food Market Nordstrom Starbucks UPS Lowes J.C. Penney Lands' End JP Morgan Chase Barnes and Noble http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2010/11/09/top-10-part-time-jobs-with-benefits?icid=main|aim|dl4|sec1_lnk3|183242 ...

Any Companies Have United Health Or Cigna Insurance?
Jan 10, 2011

I seriously need some better insurance!  Any info on company would be appreciated as well, and cost.  Thanks so much! ...

Needing Good Health Insurance...Companies???
Feb 28, 2014

Needing an employee position that offers the cheap family insurance...Any ideas???   Thanks! ...

Do Any Companies Offer Decent Insurance For Part-time?
Dec 31, 2009

nm ...

Are There Any Companies That Have Good Health Insurance And Fairly Cheap? Sm
Feb 03, 2011

I go to the doctor a lot and have a lot of prescriptions, so I need a company that has good health insurance, and hopefully doesn't charge a lot for it.  I used to work at OSi and was thinking about going back there, but another poster on here said their insurance is $1000 a month for family!!!  Thanks for your help!      ...

Should The Insurance Companies Take Over The Daunting Task Of The Transcription Service?
Jun 21, 2012

It just seems like it would save a step, as far as billing goes, the M.D. would get reimbursed more quickly. Insurance companies may even pay MTs more? Wouldn't this have substantial savings in administrative and other costs? They would not have to keep trimming back on their transcription costs by lowering the MT pay rates. ...

Do Any Companies Offer Health Insurance For Part-timers?
Feb 09, 2013

x ...

Any Companies With Insurance Deductibles Less Than 2500? Can't Afford Nuance Anymore Nm
Nov 30, 2013

xx ...

What Is Reasonable? SM
Apr 23, 2012

I have a new job doing VRE.  This is new to me and I am glad to have the chance to learn it since there are few straight typing jobs out there.  However, I am shocked at how the reports look when they come to me.  To say that I am doing heavy-duty editing would be an understatement!  How much time is reasonable to spend on these reports? I am finding that it is taking me a great deal of time to correct them.  It might be easier to just transcribe them myself in most case ...

Is 8 Cpl Reasonable For IC Radiology Work?
Apr 22, 2010

It's been nearly 10 years since I've worked as an IC, so I'm not sure what's considered reasonable pay nowadays.  Does 8 cpl sound reasonable for radiology transcription as an IC?  I'm accustomed to being paid by the report as an employee, so it's a bit difficult to compare the two, but it seems a little low to me. ...

Reasonable Split Shift
Feb 15, 2013

If you were told by an employer on a given day you could work a split shift, what would you consider a reasonable amount of time in that split frame? 1 hour, 4 hours?  I just took a new job and am being screwed.  Would just like your opinions and have some validation for my own satisfaction as to who is being unreasonable.  Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Know Of A Fax To Email Provider That Is Free Or Reasonable? Sm
Mar 07, 2010

I used to use Efax Messenger Plus but went over my limit on receiving faxes and I didn't care to pay a monthly premium as I only use it occasionally.  I would like incoming fax capabilities to email.  ...

Is It Reasonable To Expect A Raise After 4 Years?
Sep 13, 2011

I have worked for the same service for over 4 years.  I am an IC MT.  I feel I deserve an increase.  I asked for one at the end of my first year and was told the economy was bad....blah, blah.  Ok, I understood that but now I feel I have earned an increase.  Yes, I realize that many feel an IC should just inform the service of their increase.  I know that would not fly with this service.  They could care less if you work for them or not.  Theyhave a "we wi ...

Is It Reasonable To Request One Work Type-sm
Jul 17, 2012

I have been working for an MTSO and my main account is everything from cardiac catheterizations to discharge summaries to OP notes to consults to psychiatric notes.  It is a wide range of specialties.  I am not making any money.  I'm all over the board every day and I am frustrated.  Do you think it is a reasonable request to ask for just one or two work types?  TIA ...

What Would Be A Reasonable Hourly Wage For A Medical Transcriptionist Of 12.5 Years?
Nov 30, 2012

Hi: I have worked for the same hospital for 12.5 years, so there is a lot of loyalty there. I live in a southern state in the USA. I get paid an hourly pay plus $0.47 incentive for anything over 90 minutes. My hourly pay to me is low, but not below $10.00 an hour. Is 20.00 per hour appropriate or am I wrong? Thanks in advance for the advice. PS: I am not here for a debate just want to know what is a good hourly pay for 12.5 years. Thanks, Mel ...

Insurance Question. If I Sign Up For Insurance Sm
Apr 15, 2010

and family member wishes to join later, can I enroll at any time or must it be during "official" enrollment period?    Thank you.  ...

Landmark Insurance - Insurance Cards Yet?
Jan 13, 2011

Has anybody received their insurance cards yet? ...

Landmark Insurance - What Is Happening With Our Insurance?
Jan 24, 2011

What do other LMers think of what is happening with our insurance?  I am the head of our household and am worried.  What do we do when COBRA runs out? ...

Nuance Insurance Or Obama's "marketplace" Insurance
Oct 17, 2013

Hmmmmmm, should I go with Nuance insurance or Obama's "marketplace" insurance - that is the question. I'll be broke either way. ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

TT Insurance...
Dec 30, 2009

Just curious if anyone currently working at TT has received their new insurance info in the mail?  Yes, I've contacted HR but I never get a response. Thx ...

FYI Regarding Insurance
May 17, 2011

I don't know if yall know this, but I found out during the process of appealing an insurance claim that MedQuist is self-insured.  They set our rates and our benefits and pay all our claims, United Healthcare just administers the fund!  Kind of explains why things got so sh***y so fast, it's because MedQuist is calling the shots ...

MQ Insurance
Jul 12, 2011

Just wondering, MQ says that there insurance is second to none.  So, how good is their insurance and how expensive?  TIA Looking for love in all the wrong places, apparently. ...

So If You Are Ex JLG Now Do You Just Not Have Any Insurance Or What
Oct 02, 2011

Do we have to wait 90 days just like when hired on at a new job? I don't understand how this is fair considering I didn't ask for a change.  ...

Insurance-fed Up
Feb 16, 2012

I have had to use this insurance several times for MRIs.  This insurance pays for NOTHING.  I sure hope with the switch in suits and the new name change we can get a cheaper deductible when the benefits package comes up again in June.  This is just horrible!  This is eating up my paycheck fast. ...

LTD, STD Insurance Up
Mar 13, 2012

Did anyone else's insurance go up on LTD and STD insurance rate on the last paycheck.  These insurance companies are nickel, diming and $100 their way thru our pay. ...