A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I will probably get blasted for this, but can somebody explain to me - SM

Posted: Dec 21, 2010

why some MTs make it their business what every other MT is doing during their work day.  I work directly for a hospital and we are given the capability to look at the jobs that are on the system waiting to be transcribed and we are allowed to assign jobs, change the priority of a job, etc.  The reason we are given this capability is because those working in the hospital, nurses, doctors, HIM staff, etc. have our phone numbers and if they need a report they can call us at home.

Sometimes to break up the monotony of my day, I will assign myself some clinic notes.  I have done this for a while and I have chosen a clinic that it seemed no one else worked on.  Sometimes jobs from this clinic sat for days before being transcribed.  So I felt I was actually doing the clinic and my supervisor a favor and since no one else was transcribing them, who did it hurt?

One day I get an email from a coworker telling me how she understands about assigning work to yourself to break up the day and give you something different or easy to type and that she routinely does, but that she has "heard people complaining about me."  I was like thanks for the heads up, but if the supervisor doesn't like what I'm doing or believes what is being said, she will probably ask me and I will explain what I'm doing.  Nothing has been said thus.

About a couple of weeks after that email converstion, this same coworker has started taking the clinic notes from me.  It's really kind of juvenile.  I assign myself a couple and when I come back to look at the list, she has assigned herself the rest.  It's like she's playing some silly game.  So obviously she's the "people" complaining about me because obviously she doesn't like that I have been assigning myself work.

I just get so tired of dealing with all this crap all of the time.  Who cares what everyone else is doing?  Do your job and don't worry about it.  It seems every job I've ever had there has to be one or two people who make it their business to watch everyone else!  I don't care what my coworkers or doing.  I don't care if they cherry pick, if they are making their line count or not.  I just work.  So what motivates these women?  Do they like being disliked?  Do they like being tattle tells?  I virtually ran from working in the office because of all the office drama that went on.  I actually worked with a girl who kept track on a calendar when someone called in sick.  She was able to tell you how many sick days a person has taken and then would endlessly gossip about them running out sick hours or not really being sick. 

I just wanted to vent and I know I'm going to be called a cherry picker and told that I'm wrong.  And to that I say, Yes!  I cherry pick!  Because if I didn't I'd get screwed over by the others that cherry pick.  And if my coworkers are going to gossip about me and gleefully swoop in and in their minds steal jobs from me, then I'm going to do it some more.  I will stop when my supervisor tells me to stop.  So far she hasn't.  So far she is happy with my work.  So why don't people let the supervisors be the supervisors and the rest just shut up and work.

Thanks for listening!

Jealousy... - anonymouse...

[ In Reply To ..]
I guess they are jealous or maybe just plain nosy. I don't know. If it was a problem for you to assign yourself clinic notes then I guess your supervisor would say so or you wouldn't be able to do that if it was frowned upon. Maybe run it by the supervisor just to be sure, and if it is brought up again, say I have spoken to the supervisor, and this has been okayed. Chances are, your coworker got jealous cause she didn't think of doing some clinic notes first. If she is taking the clinic notes for herself now, then chances are she was jealous. Some folks like to get all in others business. I don't know if doing some clinic notes would be cherry picking.

I don't blame you one bit...As bad as I hate MT and want - dying2getoutofmt

[ In Reply To ..]
out, I would cherry pick like a son of a B too!!!!! I say more power to you. If it boosts your paycheck, so be it. Trans is a dog eat dog world. I say get your lines anyway you can. End of story!

take what you can; give nothing back. - n/m Sparrow

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
What are you talking about? Given nothing back, BAH! - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
I have given my blood, sweat, and tears for this profession for 20 years and have gotten nothing but declining wages back. So yeah, I take what I can so I can feed my kids and pay my bills. I sleep fine at night.

It's the MTSOs and hospitals that take what they can and give nothing back!

I've given all I care to give to this profession. It's every MT for herself!

It seems like every office has one of these. - Sometimes its even the supervisor!

[ In Reply To ..]

Or a crowd of them. I can't explain them either, OP, - Fellow Traveller

[ In Reply To ..]
but I definitely empathize and sympathize.

Then there are those - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Who pretend to be your "friend" only to gain information from you, then turn the knife and tattle to the boss and move on to the next "friend."
Or they sleep with your husband - while you are in the hospital
[ In Reply To ..]
And claim they were just keeping your side of the bed warm.

I hate it the very most when that happens!
Or steal you dog while you are out of town - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
claiming they were just taking care of him. I hate it most when that happens.
Or take your paper out of your yard - every morning early sm
[ In Reply To ..]
claiming they need to look for a job. I hate it most when that happens.
Or ask to borrow your car to run - a few errands sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and then dont return it for days. I hate it most when that happens.
Or ask to use your tall ladder - to clean out the gutters sm
[ In Reply To ..]
and return it with 3 broken steps. I hate it most when that happens.
Or takes a bunch of flowers out - of your garden, without asking, sm
[ In Reply To ..]
saying she needed to take flowers to a sick friend. I hate it most when that happens.

Just remember we are a dime a dozen. If you - are working as a hospital

[ In Reply To ..]
employee, you can pretty much bet that every MT within a 100 mile radius would love to have your job and has probably got their application and resume on file. I'm sure your supervisor is aware of that too. I have not seen many supervisors who look very highly on cherry picking. It gives a good insight of what kind of employee they have. If you are skipping the H&Ps, op notes, rad notes, that says a lot about your work ethic believe it or not.

I think I would be talking to my supervisor to make sure this was okay. I don't know yours, but there are many that either you are working out or you're not. I'm assuming the clinic notes are sitting there for days because the MTs are working on the acute care side first. I would also be very surpised if the other MTs were not upset about. Some people just work instead of getting involved and figure people usually end up getting what is coming to them.

Cherry picking - Anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand how people can cherry pick and assign work to themselves anyway, our manager and transcription clerks assign the work. Ours is first in, first out, and only 4 jobs download at a time, jobs can't be canceled except for technical issues, we transcribe what we are given. People should not be permitted to assign their own work, IMO; certain people will consistently get the easy stuff while others are stuck with the junk, and it would upset me. For those of you who do it, let your conscience be your guide.

That's pretty hilarious - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If they had a conscience, this would not be an ongoing regular thing. When the OP is cherrypicking, she is screwing over the other people who have to type the stuff she has skipped over to break up her day, which does affect the coworkers which does give them the right to complain.

You can call the coworkers jealous, hateres, petty, busy bodies, whatever you want, but the OP is wrong. That's the kind of behavior that caused most systems to only give a few reports or took control of the work flow away from the MT. And if push comes to shove, OP is wrong- she is not doing work in what are established policy priorities; she is choosing on a whim.

And, frankly, I have to call BS to the reasoning anyway, because one does not choose clinic work because it is less monotonous than acute care.
IMO, I'm not screwing over anyone. The clinic work - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
gets sent out to the service that helps with overlflow. So what I'm doing is basically keeping that work in-house. Also I don't skip over anything. I just assign myself maybe five clinic notes a shift.

Also as I said, my supervisor, if what the other MT told me is true, is aware that I do this and has said nothing to me at all. I have even emailed my supervisor when there was a template glitch with one of the clinics templates. She said nothing to me then.

My point is if my co-workers want to do what I do, it wouldn't bother me in the least. AND there are other co-workers who already do what I do.

It just seems the one particular co-worker for whatever reason doesn't like that I do this. So she has told me a bogus story about "others" complaining about me and when that didn't change my behavior, she started watching me and making sure whenever I assign myself some work, she assigns herself stuff right underneath me when she has virtually 100s of other jobs to choose from. She does this because she's trying to make some sort of point.

The only thing that irritates me about is the whole grade school game playing. I cannot stand that and never could! It's one of the reasons I work at home. I worked as a supervisor several years ago and I hated it because I had MTs who would watch other MTs and then come to me and complain that Suzy MT is never at her desk and can't possibly be getting her lines. My question was always why does that matter to you? Or one time two MTs got into a tiff over the lights -- YES the lights. One hated bright lights because she got migraines. The other had to have bright lights because she felt like she couldn't see and of course their desks were close together, but neither felt they should have to move. Or there was the time with one MT had told another MT that yet another MT that the orginal MT had been talking about them. So the original MT came to tattle.

It was all just so wearisome and I know that my current supervisor is tired because she tells anyone who will listen how stressed she is and how she's retiring in a couple of years or as she puts "I'm outta here." So she probably doesn't like to the tattlers anymore than I do.
Things don't make sense - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If this woman you're complaining about has 100s of jobs other than the clinic notes to type, why don't you?

And the part about it getting sent out to a service doesn't make any sense either- what happens to the acute care work that you should have been typing- is it then getting sent out to a service? And if you're only typing a few reports on occasion, it sounds like they still have to send work out, just a few less sometimes.

And just because none of the others have said anything to you doesn't mean they haven't complained. Sometimes they take it to the person that they think will have the cajones to actually say something to you. As to the supervisors, I have found that they are loathe to actually step in and do anything, but if pressed they will. They tend to like to get a full folder of things, so every time you have ignored something with a priority in order to pick off a clinic note, they will have it. Every time you scrolled through the clinic notes and skipped a few in order to assign yourself the dictator you liked, they will have it. And every time you skipped through the clinic notes to choose the length of report you wanted, they will have it.

So, basically, quit cheating.
I do have 100s of jobs available to me. The reason I choose - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
clinic notes is because I was told (by this particular MT I've been talking about) that if I am going to assign myself some jobs, I need to make sure "get out of the line of fire" meaning I shouldn't assign anything at the top of the list because then people will really get mad because it will seem I'm taking the good stuff and leaving the bad. So I made a conscious decision to assign myself low-priority work so as to not step on anyone's toes.

I do not skip over priorities nor skip over H&Ps or consults. I only assign myself clinic work when there are no priorties and we are down to doing DS and Ops. I use the clinic notes to break up the monotony.

The pools in our system are set up for the clinic work and DS go out the service first. If we are short staffed, the supervisor will change the services pool so they get H&Ps and Consults, but this usually only happens on weekends and during high vacation times like summer. So to answer you question, No the services are not getting priority work while I'm doing clinic work.

Obviously your supervisor thinks differently - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
If the clinic reports were of equal priority, they would be assigned an equal priority. Instead, ops and discharge summaries are deemed more important and so you are skipping a higher priority item to do the easier, line-gifting, more monotonous clinic notes. I know some people think OP notes are harder than H&Ps, but the more you do the easier they are, so maybe just do them instead of picking off the clinic notes.
Job picking - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm with the person who wrote this initial post. I think people should just watch their own work and stop policing everyone else. If the supervisor doesn't like it, you will be sure to hear about it. Since you haven't heard anything, I think others should mind their own business. We are not in the third grade anymore.
Doesn't matter if you think you are saving - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
sending out the work. If clinic work is not a priority, then you are totally in teh wrong for jumping over there and leaving the inhouse work for the other MTs. If I was them I would be upset over it also. Whether work is sent out or not is really none of your concern.
And what I'm typing or not typing is nobody else's concern. - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
which is my point. If what I'm doing bothers my supervisor, then she'll let me know, I'll apologize and explain, and I will stop. It's that simple and it doesn't require anyone else's input.
now, you and I know if you could not pick and choose, - you would make it your concern. n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I would think that if the OP couldn't pick and choose then no one could. - and it would be a nonissue
[ In Reply To ..]
for all sides. :)
The point would be...TAT - Just saying
[ In Reply To ..]
Acute care tends to have a much quicker TAT time than clinic notes. Perhaps that is why the clinic notes remain there longer. Perhaps they have a 24-48 TAT as opposed to acute care TAT, which can run as low as 4 hours for some WT. If you want to do clinic, then I'd discuss with supervisor and see if she would assign you to those and get another in-house to help cover acute care. Also, when it comes to clinic, do you do first come first serve or do you pick and choose between those or do you only assign when it is a doc you like that comes up? Anyway, I'd definitely discuss with supervisor as you may find yourself canned without warning...it's been known to happen.

at my first job, assigning yourself work was almost required - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We had 3 doctors on the account, the lead doctor being a guy who would record part of a report then suddenly stop, start on a new report, then send that voice file in. Next he'd start a new voice file and just say "Okay, picking up where I left off" and not even given patient ID info. Unless you took every job he sent in that day, you could NEVER get it all sorted out.

You didn't have to do this with the other doctors, but some other MTs would still take every single job (up to 100 at a time) and if I didn't grab a chunk of them, I'd never get work. So it was also a paycheck issue.

My guess is that there are plenty of MTSOs that have similar systems.

In the good ol' days, 15 yrs. ago or so, it was - the opposite: JOBS were a dime a dozen! nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Take your own advice. Don't worry about what she does. - Just do what you have been doing. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Good advice! I think I'll do just that. I just wanted - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
to vent a little of my irritation. But you're right, I should do what I do and let her do what she does. C'est la vie!

I'm surprised there's not a strict protocol for what order to go by. - If I type 1 job out of order, I get an instant e-m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Lots of places allow you to decide what work to - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
do, clearing higher priority queues, bringing backed up accounts up. My current MTSO is the only place I've ever worked where I didn't. I knew that going in but mostly didn't mind because figured it saves me the obligatory time spent deciding which accounts and work types should be addressed next instead of racking up lines.

How odd I've never had that. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I've worked in two hospitals on opposite coasts and three surgery centers. The only time in any of them that you were allowed to go out of order was if the floor called wanting a particular job.

By the OP's own admission, this work is so far down the totem pole that it is usually sent out and normally it is only done when discharges and ops, with their higher priority are done. However, she chose to ignore the "hundreds" of higher priority jobs simply because she wanted to- not because it needed to be done or was going out of turn around or anything else. She just felt like doing it, so she ignored the priority work to do it.

If I were the coworker, I'd be nagging the supervisor every day until something was either done about the cherry picker or they opened up the free-for-all and everybody could ignore the acute care stuff.

I wouldn't call what you did cherry-picking - See message

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't have all the details, of course, but that doesn't sound like my definition of cherry-picking. In fact, it sounds like the clinic had someone assigned to it who wasn't getting the work done until someone started taking it away from her. That part made me smile. Maybe she will start doing her work herself and there won't be any left for you to help out with. That would probably be a good thing.

You've already indicated that you will do whatever your supervisor tells you to do, so I wouldn't worry at all about the others. Let them wear themselves out worrying about what you are doing instead of doing their work, while you are getting your work done. Eventually they will be stuck with the worst accounts or lose their jobs altogether. That, of course, won't be any of your business and you probably won't notice, because you will be busy doing your work.

Choosing jobs - JCM

[ In Reply To ..]
I really wish I had your problems. I have not had steady work since September 30. I would be thankful for any kind of jobs right now. If I get one job a day, that's good. Pretty sad, huh? Anyone that has steady work coming in should not be complaining at all. I am hoping something will materialize after the holidays. Think of all of the MTs that don't have steady work right now; I am sure there are quite a few. Please say a little prayer that we all find work soon. Times are really tough right now for a lot of people.

Too funny. I think your coworker posted above, lol - Maybe her post is about you, rofl. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Are You Sitting Next To That Blasted Beeping
Oct 12, 2014

Long dictation, and my earing are killing me already...thanks you idiot. Is there anyway to save voice files? I mean at some point I will be deaf from this job, workers comp sounds about right ...

Whose Ears Are Getting Blasted By Dictator's Computer Noises?
Aug 20, 2014

Holy mackerel, there is no predicting when they will get an email. ...

Someone Please Explain
Jan 19, 2010

If an account has been offshore for almost 1 year and is being transcribed by an offshore MT and qa'd by 2 separate offshore qa and then 1 American qa.......where are they actually saving money? How long does the Q need to pay 4+ (the person who audits them too) to do 1 report before they realize their American MTs could get it done in 1 shot and maybe 2 on occasion? TATs are out because of this and there are so many NJA issues spoken of on this site too, WAKE UP Q! ...

Please Someone Explain
Jun 01, 2010

For weeks and weeks there have been NJA.  I sit here  hours and hours checking every 5 minutes.  I was just reprimanded that I have  not met my hours and my PTO will be used.  This asounds me as I am willing to work but not to sit in front of a computer for hours and hours trying to get work only to get my PTO taken away.  I live in NJ and am hoping there is something I can do.  My CCM is great and tries to help but she is after her own behind which I cannot bl ...

Would Someone Explain To Me
Jun 06, 2010

GLIDE wire and GUIDE wire?  i would greatly appreciate it!! thanking you in advance. ...

Is There Anyone Here Who Can Explain The
Sep 05, 2010

in normal human speak?  I consider myself a very fast learner.  Normally I have to only be shown something once to get it, but that????  I watched it twice and I still have NO IDEA what she was talking about with check marks and preferred headings and HUH?!?!?!?!?!? I start work in 1/2 hour.  My first shift on 6.1 (assuming I have work) and I have no idea what is going on!  Why do they have to keep messing with everything? ...

Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me
Feb 26, 2012

Okay, so if you go below mininum wage, the company has to "pay extra" to bring your paycheck up to minimum wage, because BY LAW they have to pay at least minimum wage. But somehow, when they decide to ONLY pay us for "active typing" "hands on keyboard" and NOT for our research (verification of correct terminology, spelling of names, etc) and our documenation (of errors, questions, blanks)...aren't we entitled to have THAT time spent "made up to us," to bring us up to a FAIR PAYCHECK? I gu ...

Someone Please Explain What MUP Is?
Apr 18, 2012

No work right now on my account, but they want committments for Friday-Sunday to keep TAT.  What is a non-MUP/MUP?  Says they can work OT.   ...

Could Somebody Please Explain
Sep 08, 2012

What counts against us and what does not count against us.  They are trying to say that a legitimate blank does not count against us and speakers that are on autopend are not to count against us either.  However, what do they mean by a legitimate blank.  I blank if I can't understand/hear what is being said or a discrepancy in the dictation.  However, my account is on a 2 blank restriction...each dictation 2 more or blanks has to be pended for blanks.&n ...

Okay Now Explain This
Nov 07, 2012

just got in a debate with someone on Facebook and I know better than to do that, but he says MModal had no choice but to offshore because they were backed into a corner by government and hey we all benefit when companies play to their stockholders because we all have retirement plans.  Right? I guess there are 2 sides to every story but I think MModal did have a choice, and I don't have a retirement plan.  Your thoughts? ...

Can Someone Please Explain What A
Dec 06, 2012

"dictation marker" is?  In applying for a new job this came up in the job description and I don't want to sound like an idiot for not knowing :-) ...

Can Someone Please Explain Something To Me?
Oct 17, 2013

Why is it that I can only work 28 hours as a part timer, but full time people are able to get OT, no limit.  I don't take insurance, don't want it, but there is no darn reason I can't work as many hours as I want also.  This is ridiculous.  Why would the company pay OT to someone when I have 12 hours I could be working at regular pay.  What the??? ...

Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me?
Jul 06, 2014

I log in for my shift this morning, there is work from 11 o'clock last night, I start typing my butt off, get to about 2 AM and the work disappears to be replaced by ASR jobs from 11 last night. I start typing on them, get to about midnight, then all jobs disappear and I have been sitting here now for about an your with NO jobs. ...

Would Someone Please Explain To Me
Apr 28, 2015

why you need overtime/extra time on an account that has zero, 0, nil, notta, none, no jobs??? AND the account has had no jobs for several hours now?? Really??  ...

Explain This To Me! Reports Are Gone.
Jan 06, 2010

I was working tonight.  Just me and someone else on the system on my primary account, like always.  The only difference was 67 reports (double the amount) when there is usually around 30 reports every night on the primary account.  I worked for 2 hours.  Got off for an hour and came back on and NOTHING.  I did not get my primary.  How strange?  I go back and look at my primary account and it shows 12 reports are left out of 67 reports in one hour ago.  I ...

EXPLAIN IT TO ME LIKE I'M A 4-YEAR-OLD
Jan 09, 2010

I'm exceedingly confused.  What I understood by reading the sites, kindly posted by our moderator and others, we will be contacted.  By whom?  Is MQ a participant because they are in one of the states listed? (Ohio).  If my state (Arizona) is not one of the states listed does that mean I'm not eligible for the benefits?   Not trying to be obtuse--I definitely need SOMEthing to happen, since I'm making less than half of what I was before QA was eliminated ...

Okay, Someone Please Explain To Me Why I Received (sm)
Jul 19, 2010

a phone call earlier from MQ with a job offer.  This is from where I applied FOUR years ago and then pulled my application because I was offered something better.  This lady calls me today and tells me how there is such an abundance of work, I can pick any shift that I want, no weekends and a really decent CPL.  Thankfully I am extremely happy where I am so I very politely declined the position and thought that I would come here and see how things are going.  WOW, what a shoc ...

Can Someone Please Explain To Me How To Create
Aug 14, 2010

I have looked for step-by-step instructions online and cannot find them... any help would be appreciated. If I want ALT G to delete word left, how would I do that? I see the "record" button when I go to "add new item to dictionary" screen, but I can't figure out how to get ALT G in there. Thank you! ...

Can Someone Explain Nuance To Me - Sm
Oct 20, 2010

Is Nuance an actual transcription company to work for?  I see they are buying up a lot of places - does that mean those places are all run/pay the same?  Like if I applied to OSI, would they be the same as Focus?  Do you apply to each company separately or can you apply to "Nuance."    Thanks. ...

Can Someone Explain The Tiers To Me Please?
Nov 29, 2010

Are operative reports much harder than other reports? I have done a few and am trying to figure out why there is a seperate tier that includes op reports. ...

Can Someone Explain To Me Why A DOS Error
Oct 27, 2011

Our QC sent out a memo that date of service errors were ALWAYS critical errors.  I can understand Major, but I thought critical was if it impacted the patient's life. I did ask her and she more or less just said, that's the way it is. ...

Can Somebody Explain To Me What All The Fuss
May 01, 2012

What part the MT industry plays in all of this? I have noticed a lot of resentment on the boards about this issue. Some seem really upset about it. Then there was the suppose strike that took place today; however, I dont view this as soley an MT issue. I have not had time to do a whole lot of reading about it and what the day stands for, but so far what I get out of it is that there was a group of MTs on this board who planned on participating and others disagreed. I am having trouble u ...

I Am Not Sure How To Explain This Problem But When I
Oct 04, 2012

am either straight typing or editing, I have to hit enter over and over to get the page to move up.  If I am towards the end of the screen and call up a heading, i.e., impression, I can't see the heading and have to hit enter to move it up.  Anybody else having this problem?  If so, how do I fix it?  This is my second night on DQS 7.1.  This new version of DQS is so time-consuming.  ...

Can Someone Explain To Me How It's Legal For Them
Aug 23, 2013

to REQUIRE us to make up hours when they don't have work available during our scheduled shifts?  How can they take away the option of taking off without pay when they haven't provided any work during our shift?  That's like requiring us to be on 24/7 call for free to try to get our hours in when work is low.  HOW IS THAT LEGAL? ...

Can Anyone Explain The Situation When You Are OOW
Mar 05, 2014

Every week on certain days there is no work so I am having to flex flex flex PTO PTO until all used up, etc. I have read of some of you getting minimum wage due to OOW, can someone tell me how to achieve that? I am so fed up with this. I am pretty much out of PTO and don't want to use it for this anymore. I work a second job because my pay has been halved with Nuance, yet I still have to also work around the clock just to get my hours in with Nuance. I think we all know if this were a re ...

Can Someone Explain Makeup Pay To Me?
Mar 06, 2015

Or tell me where I can find information about it in paperwork or online? I'm a newbie that's been  getting makeup pay every pay period, but I really don't know the what's or why's about it. Also, how is it determined what pay tier you get? Is it by line count? I understand about the QC and quality scores affecting pay, but I don't get the tier is determined. ...

Somebody Explain The OOW And Keep Hiring
Jun 13, 2015

Can anybody give an illogical (N is not logical) reason for why they keep on hiring and hiring and hiring when most everyone is complaining of OOW or even quitting because OOW. I don't buy that they want those employees to quit. These are valuable employees with lots of years in the trenches and lots of experience. I chose a really awful time slot and really awful schedule to keep from running out of work and I keep running out of work. Like many others, soon I will be chained to the comp ...

Can Anyone Please Explain WHY MQ Has Stupid Incentives
Oct 09, 2010

and offering OT on weekends when there is not enough work as it is.  As per usual during an incentive (I work FT and work Saturday), half way thru my shift I get NJA.  ***  On these stupid incentives, I just pray that I can even get my hours in much less any freaking OT. I know this is a redundant saying but......THIS COMPANY MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE!!  All the supervisors/managers/whoever who make these decisions all RIDICULOUS........... ...

Please Explain The Difference Between Nuance's QA And QC?
Feb 20, 2012

I'm new at Nuance.  I see the QC and QA percentage on my time sheet.  I understand QA but what is the QC?  Wondering because I know this is what determines if and how much your bonus is.  Thanks! ...

Can Someone Explain To Me Exactly What Health Informatics Is?
May 09, 2012

I keep seeing health informatics jobs and a lot of my former MT co-workers are going back to school for this.  Ok so my stupid question is, what exactly is this?  ...