A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Somebody explain the OOW and keep hiring - all smiles

Posted: Jun 13, 2015

Can anybody give an illogical (N is not logical) reason for why they keep on hiring and hiring and hiring when most everyone is complaining of OOW or even quitting because OOW.

I don't buy that they want those employees to quit. These are valuable employees with lots of years in the trenches and lots of experience.

I chose a really awful time slot and really awful schedule to keep from running out of work and I keep running out of work. Like many others, soon I will be chained to the computer 24/7 365 trying to get in 40 hours and enough work to keep the wolves at bay.

My accounts do not go overseas regardless of what anyone says. Too much IT mumbo jumbo conversions to make that platform go overseas.

I do not think they are hiring as much as you think. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the accounts that are being sent to india or go complete VR are then with American MLS who need to be put on accounts for US and that is why a lot of accounts that are completely US are now overstaffed.

Gee was told if my account leaves, I leave - all smiles

[ In Reply To ..]
Not necessarily disagreeing that former account MLS have no account now, and moved to another account.

When I came on board which was Webmedx it was made clear that if my accounts leave, I leave. Period.

When we went to N in July 2011, again I was told that if my accounts leave, I leave.

So maybe there has been a change in policy I didn't hear about.

So as not to get laid off when my account disappears, I have 6 accounts and I still run out of work.

Pay less - bj

[ In Reply To ..]
The way they pay now they can really cut your pay. I will be oow 5-15 minutes, means less lph and less pay not to mention less reports. Mine has gone down a bunch in the last month.

OOW punch - Fellow Nuancer

[ In Reply To ..]
Exactly! This is what irks me. They demand that we do at least a 15-min OOW punch... as production. Obviously I'm not producing anything if I'm OOW. Those little 15 minute punches can really add up over the week. It should just be a standard rate like training, meetings, etc.

I don't if flexing option chosen. - ss

[ In Reply To ..]
Darned if I am jacking my statistics up any more than necessary. Only time I do the 15 minute thing is if I am signing off for the day because of lack of work. Then hit the OOW notify supervisor, wait 15 and ----------- on to the next job.

no way - another nuancer

[ In Reply To ..]
They can demand all they want, I will not do the 15-min OOW punch unless I am done for the day and not flexing. I have been told by my TSM this "doesn't affect pay that much"! Do you believe that? Yeah, well when you factor in all the other unpaid time, a quarter of an hour as a production-paid employee most certainly does affect my pay "that much".

My TSM informs us to only do - 1 minute punches for OOW

[ In Reply To ..]
I really don't know why so many have been told to do that. Of course it messes with your line count.

I think Nuance should get their act together and inform the TSMs (who are supposed to be informing us) a method of OOW (especially since it seems so prevalent lately) that is uniform all around and makes sense.

It's bad enough we have hardly any work and the work that is on there is mostly garbage, I for one am glad I don't have to dock my own pay by signing on and waiting for 15 minutes with no work. That's just ridiculous.

Similar Messages:

Someone Please Explain
Jan 19, 2010

If an account has been offshore for almost 1 year and is being transcribed by an offshore MT and qa'd by 2 separate offshore qa and then 1 American qa.......where are they actually saving money? How long does the Q need to pay 4+ (the person who audits them too) to do 1 report before they realize their American MTs could get it done in 1 shot and maybe 2 on occasion? TATs are out because of this and there are so many NJA issues spoken of on this site too, WAKE UP Q! ...

Please Someone Explain
Jun 01, 2010

For weeks and weeks there have been NJA.  I sit here  hours and hours checking every 5 minutes.  I was just reprimanded that I have  not met my hours and my PTO will be used.  This asounds me as I am willing to work but not to sit in front of a computer for hours and hours trying to get work only to get my PTO taken away.  I live in NJ and am hoping there is something I can do.  My CCM is great and tries to help but she is after her own behind which I cannot bl ...

Would Someone Explain To Me
Jun 06, 2010

GLIDE wire and GUIDE wire?  i would greatly appreciate it!! thanking you in advance. ...

Is There Anyone Here Who Can Explain The
Sep 05, 2010

in normal human speak?  I consider myself a very fast learner.  Normally I have to only be shown something once to get it, but that????  I watched it twice and I still have NO IDEA what she was talking about with check marks and preferred headings and HUH?!?!?!?!?!? I start work in 1/2 hour.  My first shift on 6.1 (assuming I have work) and I have no idea what is going on!  Why do they have to keep messing with everything? ...

Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me
Feb 26, 2012

Okay, so if you go below mininum wage, the company has to "pay extra" to bring your paycheck up to minimum wage, because BY LAW they have to pay at least minimum wage. But somehow, when they decide to ONLY pay us for "active typing" "hands on keyboard" and NOT for our research (verification of correct terminology, spelling of names, etc) and our documenation (of errors, questions, blanks)...aren't we entitled to have THAT time spent "made up to us," to bring us up to a FAIR PAYCHECK? I gu ...

Someone Please Explain What MUP Is?
Apr 18, 2012

No work right now on my account, but they want committments for Friday-Sunday to keep TAT.  What is a non-MUP/MUP?  Says they can work OT.   ...

Could Somebody Please Explain
Sep 08, 2012

What counts against us and what does not count against us.  They are trying to say that a legitimate blank does not count against us and speakers that are on autopend are not to count against us either.  However, what do they mean by a legitimate blank.  I blank if I can't understand/hear what is being said or a discrepancy in the dictation.  However, my account is on a 2 blank restriction...each dictation 2 more or blanks has to be pended for blanks.&n ...

Okay Now Explain This
Nov 07, 2012

just got in a debate with someone on Facebook and I know better than to do that, but he says MModal had no choice but to offshore because they were backed into a corner by government and hey we all benefit when companies play to their stockholders because we all have retirement plans.  Right? I guess there are 2 sides to every story but I think MModal did have a choice, and I don't have a retirement plan.  Your thoughts? ...

Can Someone Please Explain What A
Dec 06, 2012

"dictation marker" is?  In applying for a new job this came up in the job description and I don't want to sound like an idiot for not knowing :-) ...

Can Someone Please Explain Something To Me?
Oct 17, 2013

Why is it that I can only work 28 hours as a part timer, but full time people are able to get OT, no limit.  I don't take insurance, don't want it, but there is no darn reason I can't work as many hours as I want also.  This is ridiculous.  Why would the company pay OT to someone when I have 12 hours I could be working at regular pay.  What the??? ...

Maybe Someone Can Explain This To Me?
Jul 06, 2014

I log in for my shift this morning, there is work from 11 o'clock last night, I start typing my butt off, get to about 2 AM and the work disappears to be replaced by ASR jobs from 11 last night. I start typing on them, get to about midnight, then all jobs disappear and I have been sitting here now for about an your with NO jobs. ...

Would Someone Please Explain To Me
Apr 28, 2015

why you need overtime/extra time on an account that has zero, 0, nil, notta, none, no jobs??? AND the account has had no jobs for several hours now?? Really??  ...

Explain This To Me! Reports Are Gone.
Jan 06, 2010

I was working tonight.  Just me and someone else on the system on my primary account, like always.  The only difference was 67 reports (double the amount) when there is usually around 30 reports every night on the primary account.  I worked for 2 hours.  Got off for an hour and came back on and NOTHING.  I did not get my primary.  How strange?  I go back and look at my primary account and it shows 12 reports are left out of 67 reports in one hour ago.  I ...

EXPLAIN IT TO ME LIKE I'M A 4-YEAR-OLD
Jan 09, 2010

I'm exceedingly confused.  What I understood by reading the sites, kindly posted by our moderator and others, we will be contacted.  By whom?  Is MQ a participant because they are in one of the states listed? (Ohio).  If my state (Arizona) is not one of the states listed does that mean I'm not eligible for the benefits?   Not trying to be obtuse--I definitely need SOMEthing to happen, since I'm making less than half of what I was before QA was eliminated ...

Okay, Someone Please Explain To Me Why I Received (sm)
Jul 19, 2010

a phone call earlier from MQ with a job offer.  This is from where I applied FOUR years ago and then pulled my application because I was offered something better.  This lady calls me today and tells me how there is such an abundance of work, I can pick any shift that I want, no weekends and a really decent CPL.  Thankfully I am extremely happy where I am so I very politely declined the position and thought that I would come here and see how things are going.  WOW, what a shoc ...

Can Someone Please Explain To Me How To Create
Aug 14, 2010

I have looked for step-by-step instructions online and cannot find them... any help would be appreciated. If I want ALT G to delete word left, how would I do that? I see the "record" button when I go to "add new item to dictionary" screen, but I can't figure out how to get ALT G in there. Thank you! ...

Can Someone Explain Nuance To Me - Sm
Oct 20, 2010

Is Nuance an actual transcription company to work for?  I see they are buying up a lot of places - does that mean those places are all run/pay the same?  Like if I applied to OSI, would they be the same as Focus?  Do you apply to each company separately or can you apply to "Nuance."    Thanks. ...

Can Someone Explain The Tiers To Me Please?
Nov 29, 2010

Are operative reports much harder than other reports? I have done a few and am trying to figure out why there is a seperate tier that includes op reports. ...

I Will Probably Get Blasted For This, But Can Somebody Explain To Me
Dec 21, 2010

why some MTs make it their business what every other MT is doing during their work day.  I work directly for a hospital and we are given the capability to look at the jobs that are on the system waiting to be transcribed and we are allowed to assign jobs, change the priority of a job, etc.  The reason we are given this capability is because those working in the hospital, nurses, doctors, HIM staff, etc. have our phone numbers and if they need a report they can call us at home. Sometim ...

Can Someone Explain To Me Why A DOS Error
Oct 27, 2011

Our QC sent out a memo that date of service errors were ALWAYS critical errors.  I can understand Major, but I thought critical was if it impacted the patient's life. I did ask her and she more or less just said, that's the way it is. ...

Can Somebody Explain To Me What All The Fuss
May 01, 2012

What part the MT industry plays in all of this? I have noticed a lot of resentment on the boards about this issue. Some seem really upset about it. Then there was the suppose strike that took place today; however, I dont view this as soley an MT issue. I have not had time to do a whole lot of reading about it and what the day stands for, but so far what I get out of it is that there was a group of MTs on this board who planned on participating and others disagreed. I am having trouble u ...

I Am Not Sure How To Explain This Problem But When I
Oct 04, 2012

am either straight typing or editing, I have to hit enter over and over to get the page to move up.  If I am towards the end of the screen and call up a heading, i.e., impression, I can't see the heading and have to hit enter to move it up.  Anybody else having this problem?  If so, how do I fix it?  This is my second night on DQS 7.1.  This new version of DQS is so time-consuming.  ...

Can Someone Explain To Me How It's Legal For Them
Aug 23, 2013

to REQUIRE us to make up hours when they don't have work available during our scheduled shifts?  How can they take away the option of taking off without pay when they haven't provided any work during our shift?  That's like requiring us to be on 24/7 call for free to try to get our hours in when work is low.  HOW IS THAT LEGAL? ...

Can Anyone Explain The Situation When You Are OOW
Mar 05, 2014

Every week on certain days there is no work so I am having to flex flex flex PTO PTO until all used up, etc. I have read of some of you getting minimum wage due to OOW, can someone tell me how to achieve that? I am so fed up with this. I am pretty much out of PTO and don't want to use it for this anymore. I work a second job because my pay has been halved with Nuance, yet I still have to also work around the clock just to get my hours in with Nuance. I think we all know if this were a re ...

Can Someone Explain Makeup Pay To Me?
Mar 06, 2015

Or tell me where I can find information about it in paperwork or online? I'm a newbie that's been  getting makeup pay every pay period, but I really don't know the what's or why's about it. Also, how is it determined what pay tier you get? Is it by line count? I understand about the QC and quality scores affecting pay, but I don't get the tier is determined. ...

Can Anyone Please Explain WHY MQ Has Stupid Incentives
Oct 09, 2010

and offering OT on weekends when there is not enough work as it is.  As per usual during an incentive (I work FT and work Saturday), half way thru my shift I get NJA.  ***  On these stupid incentives, I just pray that I can even get my hours in much less any freaking OT. I know this is a redundant saying but......THIS COMPANY MAKES NO LOGICAL SENSE!!  All the supervisors/managers/whoever who make these decisions all RIDICULOUS........... ...

Please Explain The Difference Between Nuance's QA And QC?
Feb 20, 2012

I'm new at Nuance.  I see the QC and QA percentage on my time sheet.  I understand QA but what is the QC?  Wondering because I know this is what determines if and how much your bonus is.  Thanks! ...

Can Someone Explain To Me Exactly What Health Informatics Is?
May 09, 2012

I keep seeing health informatics jobs and a lot of my former MT co-workers are going back to school for this.  Ok so my stupid question is, what exactly is this?  ...

Explain To Me That 3 Hours Ago, There Were 300+ Jobs.
Jun 27, 2012

Now there are none.   God I hate this crap. ...

Explain Why When I Do ALT-Q, I Can See Jobs Waiting To Be Done......
Jul 04, 2012

but when I do ALT-U, it says I have NO JOBS.  What's the deal???? ...