A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Rock the boat... - Tip the boat over

Posted: Apr 16, 2015

Questions from http://www.dol.gov/wecanhelp/3rdparty.htm

How are/were you paid (salary, hourly, by piece or by job rate)? What is your rate of pay?  Is "I'm not sure" a valid answer?

Are you involved in any type of interstate transactions, such as shipping or receiving goods, producing goods, making telephone calls, processing credit cards, etc.?  Yes.

Are the hours worked records an accurate reflection of the hours you worked? Do you perform work prior to or after signing in/out?  Yes.

What is the problem? How long has the problem been occurring? Does this same situation apply to others, or just to you? 

Do you know what your employer’s gross annual sales are?  I do now and it's SICKENING!  http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/nuan/financials

Employers who have willfully violated the law may be subject to criminal penalties, including fines and imprisonment.

Retaliation is prohibited
:  Employees who have filed complaints or provided information cannot be discriminated against or discharged on account of such activity. If adverse action is taken against an employee for engaging in protected activity, the affected employee or the Secretary of Labor may file suit for relief, including reinstatement to his/her job, payment of lost wages, and damages.

Done!

I'm also filing for partial unemployment and requesting my medical records (transcribed and edited courtesy of Nuance) tomorrow. 

That is all.

Make sure when you request your records that you go - through them with a fine-tooth comb SM

[ In Reply To ..]
for any errors, no matter how small, and raise a most holy H of a fit about it with the facility, starting with your own provider and go all the way to the top of the food chain there.

Similar Messages:

Please Help. What Would You Do? Been With The Q For 10 Years. In The Same Boat As
Jan 13, 2010

everyone else here. You know the deal. Anyhow, I am only flex part-time and consistently bring home about 250 every 2 weeks. About 6 weeks ago I landed another job. It's an IC  job, though. Pays on-time, pretty good work load. Again, very part-time there. But between the 2 jobs, I feel I'm overextending myself. Why can't I just let go of the Q??? What the heck am I holding on to? I know if I quit MQ, I can dedicate more time and energy to this new job as it seems I can work ...

Same Boat, Different Storm
May 11, 2010

Am I ever going to get off 100% QA!  Q in all their wisdom takes away (or loses) good or decent accounts, gives us cesspool ESL dictators and incomprehensible blather dicators or just plain old various crud to try to make heads or tails of and then scolds us for not maintaining 98%!!! What galls me is those "reply mandatory" e-mails they send just to rub in how incompetent they think I am, how unworthy I am to be working for them...  THEY can't even keep up with each client profi ...

I Know We Are All In The Same Boat, But Pathetic...SM
Oct 12, 2011

I know there are a lot of us in the same boat, but I am just so frustrated after turning my invoice in. Back in May of this year I was turning in invoices for 3 times the amount I turned in today. I was so excited because I thought I was going to hit a decent amount but about puked this morning from the lack of money. I wish I could work just ONE job that would be enough income coming in, instead, I have to have 3 and feel like I never get away from the computer and don't even come close ...

We're All In The Same Boat With M*Modal And I'm Looking To Get Out
Jun 25, 2014

Has anyone heard of or used the site "FindTranscriptionWork.com?"  I just discovered it and wondered if it is legit.  I need to find something fast before being fired I hope.  Have you heard of it?  Thanks in advance ...

What Is Rock Bottom, Anyway?
Dec 28, 2011

I worked all day today for less than what I made per day in 1985, at my second-ever transcription job. I hang by a thread to my rental home (already lost home I owned) and belongings, as do so many others...each day I force my gnarled and painful fingers to their respective limits, well beyond their limitations, eeking out just another hour...this hour for the cat's food, another hour to pay the internet bill, so I can work another hour...and so on. I remember when I was in my mid ...

Same Boat Here. Newly Hired. Questions And No
Oct 03, 2012

stayed put in my prior company to experience this.   My training experience was not a great one to begin with so I probably should have expected this.  I sent out my resume and luckily have already received a couple of nibbles.  I figure at this rate with no email replies, when I email my resignation nobody will even notice (or probably care).  ...

A Rock Song Keeps Going Through My Head
Dec 12, 2011

Dirty Deeds (and they're done dirt cheap) ...

A Rock And A Hard Place
Jul 01, 2014

Which is worse, having no work, or killing yourself for 8 hours to make $50 or $60 and being so resentful and tired that your own physical and mental health is compromised?  Having no work, or watching the sites you've just mastered disappear to India (or back into your MTSO's newbie queue), only to be replaced by worse sites with new learning curves and back to square one again?  Having no work, or living with the realization that you will never be appreciated, you will neve ...

Round Rock/Pflugerville Area MTs
Jun 15, 2011

I'm looking for MTs in the Round Rock/Pflugerville/North Austin area to network with.  I've been in the business for 10+ years and just don't really know any MTs in my immediate area.  I'd love to hear from you! ...

In Regards To The Field Of American MT Hitting Rock Bottom...
Apr 03, 2010

IMO, and again, this is only my opinion, hitting rock bottom should equate to more than just what we're earning now as individuals.  In order to judge whether or not the FIELD of MT has hit rock bottom in America, we would have to look at it as we see it on the inside and think if it would be a career we would choose to support ourselves on if we were just choosing careers for the first times as single people trying to support fresh out of school or a person changing careers to a ...

Stuck Between A Rock And A Hard Place (as Usual)
Jun 12, 2014

So QA keeps telling me to review the acct specs as I continue to format certain reports incorrectly.  Sigh.  I have looked and there is nothing in the acct specs that states anything about formatting, but yet if I say anything, I will be the "bad guy" so I am just going to keep quiet as much as I hate to.  I would rather be able to talk with them, but I have enough experience with these people to know how it will turn out:( ...