A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Forbes: Keep your crown jewels offline - Do medical records qualify?

Posted: Sep 18, 2010

Below is a link to an article about phishing and hacking into CEOs computers but this could be extrapolated out to include medical records. After all, I think the privacy of medical records is important and since Forbes recommends keeping valuable info offline, it follows. Now, those of you would think you won't have a job of medical records are brought back locally, think again. There were will be plenty of local jobs out there and the big national MT companies won't be calling the shots anymore. We will. We might finally start getting paid well.  

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/Phishing-Attacks-Target-CEOs/

Reality - You will NOT stop this

[ In Reply To ..]
Medical records is online, will stay online. This train has been gaining momentum for a long time and it won't be stopped.

To naively think jobs will go "local" and the big nationals will be done away with is just not smart thinking. Operating from a base of denial will not serve you well in positioning yourself in the future of EMR.

You, self delusion has become - Choo-choo, chug-chug, wooo-whoo

[ In Reply To ..]
the tenor of our times. Rationality is merely an elitist attitude and reality the position taken by whatever team a person wants to haul water for.

And you know the saying about people who argue with fools... :)

Gettin a little NERVOUS, Suit? - You should be.

[ In Reply To ..]
O

Seriously - laughable

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm one of the smart ones who will always have a job. Guess you won't which is why you resort to name-calling and taunts instead of adding to a conversation.

The people who sit around wringing their hands because work is being outsourced, offshored, technologized away and pretend it's going to be stopped because a few people stomp their feet will be the ones who talk about when they USED to be MTs.
Well, you just go right ahead and enjoy the heck - out of your crappy little job.
[ In Reply To ..]

I figured the suits would have a meltdown - over this- nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

There was a story last week on the news about - the risks the EMR poses to personal info.

[ In Reply To ..]
If only they knew how much more there is to that story than just the hospital's EMR....

Similar Messages:

S/l Crown Nerve 5
Jun 03, 2011

Would "crown nerve 5" be right in the following sentence?   She has sensory deficits in her right face particularly around the second component of   crown nerve 5 but also some sensory deficit globally in a stocking glove distribution in the right upper and right lower extremity.   Thanks so much!   ...

Forbes: The Best Jobs That Don't Require
Oct 29, 2012

"A recent report by the McKinsey Global Institute found that while low-skill jobs are on the decline, by 2020 employers around the globe will need an estimated 45 million more mid-level workers who have a high school education and vocational training. Meanwhile, a highly citedstudy by the Harvard Graduate School of Education last year concluded that in the U.S. “we place far too much emphasis on a single pathway to success: attending and graduating from a four-year college ...

Who All Has Read This Forbes Report.....
Nov 25, 2014

I think we all need to deluge them with our opinions! ...

DQS OFFLINE
Oct 07, 2010

DQS still wont let me in even though the green light is on.  Oh well, I don't mind the time off! ...

Winscribe Will Not Let Me Appear Offline
Aug 08, 2011

I am a newbie typing under an editor right now, and I need some help with Winscribe.  I have never had this problem and noone can help.  When all of my files/jobs load it will  not let me appear offline.  I have to be offline so others can load their jobs as well.  It is Winscribe 3.7.  I have booted, Reconnect, eveyrthing and nothing is working!!!  Any advice is greatly appreciated. ...

Any Company That Works Offline In Word?
Oct 31, 2014

Quit a good job with a crappy company but finding I cannot get my line counts to where I need them to be with the new company.  it's only been a couple of weeks, but I need to pay bills!  I used to work for a small company that sent me batches of work and then I just worked in Word, not online in their system, and sent them back before they were due.  Are there any smaller companies that still do that? ...

You Do Know It Kicks Me Offline Every Time You Change My Pool Midstream?
Mar 11, 2015

...and just not care that whole documents get lost mid transmission. I mean you DO understand the consequences, right, Nuance? ...