A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

For Larger Print When Reading Forum - see msg pls

Posted: Aug 09, 2014

When reading this forum or when on ANY Internet site, if you are having trouble because the print is too small, hold down your Ctrl key while using the scroll on the mouse. Moving the mouse "wheel" up will enlarge the print; moving the mouse wheel down will make it smaller. This pretty much works on anything except for e-mails. Don't forget to keep the Ctrl key held down while you are doing this.

did someone ask how to do this? probably - should connect this to that post. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Might be the OP was just sharing...... - something they.....

[ In Reply To ..]
......discovered and wanted to be helpful. I, for one, did not realize this.

Someone did NOT - ASK, but

[ In Reply To ..]
there was one poster who "complained" about the font being so small she could not read it... so hence, someone was trying to be NICE and offered this bit of advice. Nothing wrong with trying to help someone else, except maybe on THIS board!!

did I say there was something wong with that? - ummm, no. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
It sounded strange enough to give a little 'how to' advice.

Wanna back of there a bit, tizzy?
What's so strange about a person wanting to be helpful? - Im glad she shared the "how to" advice.
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you OP.

Yeah, in January 2010 the latest. To OP - that does not work on all computers. anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Mine for instance. But not to fret, there are other ways to accomplish this that I am well aware of, so thanks anyway.

No, But - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
I saw on another forum here that someone was wanting the poster to use larger type. I didn't want to horn in on that serious discussion with my "help," so I posted a general comment here about that. It's something that many could benefit from. I use it all the time when browsing the Internet. It's particularly helpful when there's a restaurant menu online or something that is impossibly small in order to read.

ohhh, answering a post from another forum. I get it now. - logic.

[ In Reply To ..]
?
Well.. - OP
[ In Reply To ..]
Not really answering anyone's question. Someone made a comment about the small print of a post, I just decided to throw this little tidbit out to here on the main forum. I have thrown little tidbits out before (out of nowhere), and for some reason, someone jumps on and wants to know why I posted the tidbit.

I post them because they might be helpful to someone somewhere.

Thanks for the info - Dont know why the haters

[ In Reply To ..]
are against sharing something helpful.

I don't think anyone is against it, just seems posted out of place - one teacher to anoter.

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Not out of place - OP

[ In Reply To ..]
Is there a more proper place to post this? Not all information has to be connected to someone having asked a specific question. I posted it because some people have trouble reading posts due to their eyes or a particularly small font that comes through.

FYI: My little tidbit also works in Word documents. I've used it in DocQScribe, too. (Sorry, I'm pre Fluency.)

If you already knew it - or didnt benefit from it

[ In Reply To ..]
why bother to post? Others may not have known about it and appreciated the info. This board has become a war zone.
War Zone - No Kidding!
[ In Reply To ..]
If I remember correctly, 20 odd years ago or so, this board was "invented" just for the reason to HELP someone out. These days, if you post some helpful advice, it is "out of place" because it is NOT negative, degrading, challenging, and downright rude! That is what this society has come to... if you can't say something mean and negative, don't say anything at all! disgusting!!!
out of place in this instance did not mean inappropriate. - just not connected. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
this horse keeps getting higher and higher.
SO WHAT? Carry on. I don't get why it's so hard to just ... move on. - If it does not concern you
[ In Reply To ..]
blip
yes, I wish y'all would. you keep asking me questions. - very strange indeed.
[ In Reply To ..]
Or misunderstanding. That kind of requires a reply, no? I offered advice and explained why. I'm not out to hurt anyone and I have been civil. It appears to me still that it is in answer to a post only God knows where.

So, you asked a direct question and I'm answering (please forgive me, it's a natural reaction), thus not moving on just yet. Why don't I just move on? I have no problem with the OP or anyone else, nor with any of the posts. Mother, may I participate in this so-called 'discussion?' I don't understand you're getting all whipped up in a froth, but not feeling it myself, it is what it is and not mine to tend to.

Since I am asking no question requiring a reply and since you made yourself perfectly clear with no room for miscomprehension on my part, I believe I'm good to go now.

just a little friendly advice from the way I saw it - thats all. not a problem. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It's true, niceties are totally out of place on this site. nm - Marge

[ In Reply To ..]
xn

a different opinion - not necessarily "hate"

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Thanks for the tip! Appreciate it. sm - cannot see small type either

[ In Reply To ..]
I have had a problem seeing the text since switching over from Windows XP to Windows 7. Drives me crazy. Appreciate that you took the time to post OP.

Doesn't work with mine. I have to use settings. - SuzQ no-meg

[ In Reply To ..]
'

Similar Messages:

We Need To Do Something Larger
Sep 05, 2013

and more visible en masse like this folks.   ...

KEYSTROKES/MEDITECH - Larger Font
Oct 14, 2009

I  rarely post on this board, but I was surprised and dismayed to see the posts below regarding Keystrokes and Meditech accounts and wanted to respond. I have also worked for KS for 4 years.  I am very experienced on many accounts they have using various platforms; Meditech, Docuscribe, Winscribe, ChartScript, and others.  I type, QA, and do training on these accounts, so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of the situation.  Meditech has different bui ...

I Suck At Math; Which Is The Larger Number: 0.180 Or 0.250?
Jun 21, 2010

Thanks!  ...

Making Text Larger On Puter
Nov 22, 2011

Can anyone here tell me how to enlarge the text on my puter.  I have forgotten and received a different puter from company.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is Amphion Affiliated With Any Larger Companies
Jan 09, 2013

Is Amphion affiliated with any larger companies, or are they their own entity? Anyone know about how they work, etc? ...

Any Informationon Alpha Transcription Or If They Are Part Of A Larger Company. Nm
Jun 13, 2014

nm ...

Not Sure If This Is The Right Forum, But....
Nov 04, 2010

I've been approached by a local physician to take over his transcription.  He dictates from home right now, into his computer.  I think maybe with EMDAT?  My guess would be that the voice files are created and held somewhere, and his current company/transcriptionist goes in and gets them and somehow transcribes and sends them back via the computer.  Anyway, I've been out of the loop for long enough that I'm searching for a low cost, easy way to get his files to ...

Since This Is A Forum To Help One Another...
Feb 16, 2011

I do completely straight typing & have abbreviations in my computer that I use.  I add to them but would like to know how people are increasing their line counts and get 20,000+ with straight typing in 80 hours (2 weeks)??  Any input would be appreciated!  TIA ...

New MTs Forum
Nov 05, 2012

I haven't seen any notes lately on the New MTs forum, but it's still "there."  Does anyone know if they're getting rid of it, or is something funny on my end?  Been this way for quite some time. ...

New MT Forum
Dec 16, 2012

I think the New MT Forum is drying up again.  I'm a little surprised.  It was always a very popular forum.  There are still people wanting to do MT. ...

New Layout Of Forum
Jan 26, 2010

How do you like the new forum layout? I must say that I really got used to it and I now like it better than the previous one. I especialy like the list at the bottom of the newest posts with the floating little window, indicating what it is about.   Thanks! ...

Your Forum Search Is Still Not Available
Aug 17, 2013

. ...

Is Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting Into This Forum? What Gives? Nm
Aug 26, 2013

.. ...

Forum Question
Feb 17, 2015

For some reason, after I read a post, the subject isn't changing colors, so that I know what posts I've read. I use Vista with Google Chrome as my browser. Thanks! ...

Can We Print Out Our W2's
Jan 18, 2013

Does anybody know if we can print out our fax forms this year?  I havn't seen them on ADP website yet and I have not received any emails about this topic. ...

I Love This Coding Forum!
Jun 17, 2010

The people on this coding forum are so pleasant and helpful. If someone gets cranky, it only seems to last for a minute and, unlike many other forums, people don't jump in and start battles. Also, people don't seem to get so defensive or take things personally the way they do in other places. There is an enormous amount of helpful information here and we get to see more than one side of everything, without battles. People respect each other's opinions even when they disagree. Thi ...

Does This Forum Have A PM System That I'm Overlooking? Sm
Sep 23, 2010

Hi everyone! I've seen posts where someone would say to contact them privately for whatever reason yet, unlike other forums, there seems to be no obvious way (to me, anyway), to send a private msg. to the poster. Am I overlooking something? Thanks! ...

Just Want To Say I'm Grateful For This Forum And To All Who Post Here
Mar 20, 2013

There are so many message boards on the internet, but I always come back here.  It's great to discuss issues to which we can all relate as MTs.  Beyond that,  MT Stars seems to have some of the most intelligent posters anywhere online. Thanks again. ...

I Hope This Is The Proper Forum To Ask
Oct 10, 2014

ANYONE who uses Windows 7 and Enterprise Express Editor..help me! I need to know how to go backwards to put in the date that a doctor saw a patient.  On my old program, EXText, I did CTRL J and it went back.  Now, it says that macros are disabled.  I don't know how to make this work.  ANYONE out there able to help me?  I just went from an XP to a Windows 7 and from ExText to Enterprise Express Editor.  They are very similar programs but these little changes are ...

Forum For MTs Recently Escaped From MT....
Jan 20, 2015

....to encourage each other and give each other ideas.  Does anyone know of such a forum?  Maybe we could start one here? ...

MODERATOR: New Forum Suggestion
Jun 01, 2015

A forum to support and assist people who are seeking to leave medical transcription.  Call it "The Exit Ramp". ...

Print And Delivery
Jan 24, 2011

Do any of you print out the dictation for your clinics and deliver them?  If so what do you charge for that, if anything?  If you do not, what to you think is a fair charge for this service?  My clinic (5-7 providers daily transcribed) is about 2 miles away from my house. Thank you.   ...

Needing Help Pdq. I Got A Job And I Need To Print
Oct 28, 2011

some stuff, but no working printer.  I was thinking someone said I could go somewhere to get the stuff printed, but I am not sure where to go or how to go about getting the stuff printed?  I mean (hope I am explaining this clearly enough) how to get the attachments on my email somewhere that I can get the paperwork printed.  Thanks for any help!! ...

If & Is Not Allowed To Be Use Why Does ASR Print It
Jul 18, 2012

x ...

If Ms. Is Incorrect Why Does ASR Print It?
May 22, 2015

x ...

Yesterday Was The First Time I Ever Posted On This Forum
Apr 06, 2010

I always held myself back from posting.  I guess I'm "secretly afraid" that "spooks" are roaming around on the this Board, and if you say "enough" they'll find out who you are via technological "magic" which I don't really understand. But, as I said a post or so back, "I Hit Some Kind of a Wall."  The need to vent has overcome the need to exercise wisdom.  And besides, I'm looking or another job and at least I live in a big city that has a lot of data entry a ...

Holy Cow. 66 Pages To Print Out
Nov 23, 2009

for the MDI merg-ees.  That used about 1/2 printer cartridge, took at least an hour of time and I have yet to fill them out.  This working at home is getting more expensive and aggravating all the time. ...

The Print On Printer Just Too Small
Jan 25, 2010

Have XP Dell and use Word Office to type up letters and such. No matter how large the print is on the screen of my monitor, when I print it off it is so minute you can hardly see. I have no idea how to set the printer to have larger print. Can anyone give me some assistance? TIA ...

From The AHDI Website...they Should Tell MQ It's There In Print.
Apr 28, 2010

Speech Recognition Editing   Performing SRT editing successfully requires a somewhat more specialized skillset than that involved in traditional, manual transcription. There is a different eye/ear/brain coordination dynamic at work in SRT editing compared to transcribing, which often makes it more challenging to identify errors in an SRT-draft document. It is more common in SRT editing for the brain to be "tricked" into thinking that the eye has seen what the ear has heard, due to the lac ...

Possible To Print Out A List Of Your Expansions
Oct 26, 2012

Would anyone know if it is possible to print out a list of your expansions ? ...