A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

We need to do something larger - and more public

Posted: Sep 05, 2013

and more visible en masse like this folks.

something larger - nonya

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. We have to call more attention to this.

MAKE VIDEOS AND SHARE THEM - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
I made a couple of them.

YouTube is free, post videos there. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
You can set it up any way you want to protect your identity from your employer.

Some will say "anonymous... cowards" but is there much of a choice to protect your job (as bad as it is, is better than nothing) when the employer is using such horrible policies and actions to run the business and those policies have such a huge negative effect on the employees.

Anonymous = made-up email or YouTube ID, hiding your face on camera, or posting a huge sign in a room = all perfectly fair and reasonable when dealing with these MTSOs who use such unreasonable and unfair tactics to screw over the MTs for every single penny.

All's fair in love and war, and this sure seems like war on the MTs, so fire your best shot, MTs.

something larger - USA Today ad?

[ In Reply To ..]
x

That sounds good - where to get $$ for it? - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
There's a group called Women in Media - maybe they or some other group would pick up the tab?

good idea - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Write a note, put it on your monitor, go play. Let me know how you make out. Geez. Seriously? What is it you seek to achieve?

I think almost ALL retail is like this now.. - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
the rudeness and lack of respect starts even BEFORE you are hired. I couldn't even believe it! You start mistreating a POTENTIAL employee - they aren't even WORKING for you yet, and you are already expecting them to be available 24/7, like the have no other commitments that come before that low-paying job!

I had a friend whose sister got a job in retail - schedule by computer - one week she had like 3 hours of work!!!!! 3 hours!!! She's on the schedule - for THREE HOURS.

THREE HOURS IS NOT A JOB - UNLESS A COMPUTER IS DOING THE SCHEDULING.

True, Furthermore - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If they find out you are working for another retailer (to make ends meet, btw, not to get rich) and you have the "luxury" of scheduled hours, that completely disappears.

YouTube video montage of personal (brief), passionate, sincere statements... - MakePublicAware

[ In Reply To ..]
The public may not care that we're losing our work to India and elsewhere, but maybe when they realize their most personal, most private data is being sent offshore, they'll back us. I doubt that the average patient sick in a hospital realizes that somebody in Mumbai (or wherever) is accessing their record. Good grief, but I've been studying HIPAA and the patient is supposed to have control of their record, even including access concerning their own family members.

This isn't simply a shirt that's being made or some cheap product in China; this is their private data and has been sent, most likely without the patient's full knowledge and therefore consent, to a person they know nothing about in a far off location!

You tube-public awareness - sick n tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I am hitting facebook hard with this truth to inform everyone I can about what is being done with their personal information. They need to know. There have already been cases of identity theft which is almost impossible to prosecute someone over seas, good luck even finding them!

See this: http://www.informationweek.com/overseas-outsourcing-leads-to-identity-t/17603388

http://money.msn.com/health-and-life-insurance/for-ransom-your-medical-records

We all need to keep posting and informing any why we can. Since we started this a few days ago there have been 200 more signatures on that petition. KEEP IT UP!

Get the feeling there's a bit of unrest out there? - Courageous

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/sep/05/walmart-workers-strike-us-thursday

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/29/fast-food-strike-largest_n_3839358.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/05/walmart-protesters-arrested_n_3873791.html?ref=topbar

I absolutely respect the people with so much courage to actually strike and face arrest. They're putting themselves on the line and not just sitting back and taking it! Service workers deserve better than a minimum wage that isn't even close to a livable wage or to be forced to "flex" their schedule for 24 hours or to be scheduled to work and have no work! This street should go both ways!

There's quite a bit of unrest among companies, - and not just MTs. SM

[ In Reply To ..]
There's a news article linked to the article about the sign, that very many people are unhappy about the way they are treated by small and large companies. Unreasonable expectations of employees, cutting benefits to the bone, or completely cut, conditions worse, more hours for less pay, and so on.

No wonder people are unhappy and it's not in the MT field alone. The worse you treat people, the more they complain and eventually act out.

Make videos, people, and post them on YouTube or any other video website.

I LOVE their sign! Thank you for posting this! - Thinks4Herself

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Just like this board, people read 'em...and move on. - so excited I wet my pants.NM

[ In Reply To ..]
-

Similar Messages:

KEYSTROKES/MEDITECH - Larger Font
Oct 14, 2009

I  rarely post on this board, but I was surprised and dismayed to see the posts below regarding Keystrokes and Meditech accounts and wanted to respond. I have also worked for KS for 4 years.  I am very experienced on many accounts they have using various platforms; Meditech, Docuscribe, Winscribe, ChartScript, and others.  I type, QA, and do training on these accounts, so I feel like I have a pretty good idea of the situation.  Meditech has different bui ...

I Suck At Math; Which Is The Larger Number: 0.180 Or 0.250?
Jun 21, 2010

Thanks!  ...

Making Text Larger On Puter
Nov 22, 2011

Can anyone here tell me how to enlarge the text on my puter.  I have forgotten and received a different puter from company.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is Amphion Affiliated With Any Larger Companies
Jan 09, 2013

Is Amphion affiliated with any larger companies, or are they their own entity? Anyone know about how they work, etc? ...

For Larger Print When Reading Forum
Aug 09, 2014

When reading this forum or when on ANY Internet site, if you are having trouble because the print is too small, hold down your Ctrl key while using the scroll on the mouse. Moving the mouse "wheel" up will enlarge the print; moving the mouse wheel down will make it smaller. This pretty much works on anything except for e-mails. Don't forget to keep the Ctrl key held down while you are doing this. ...

Any Informationon Alpha Transcription Or If They Are Part Of A Larger Company. Nm
Jun 13, 2014

nm ...