A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ever felt like you jumped from the frying pain right - wannie

Posted: Jan 11, 2012

straight into the fire? 

I think a lot of us have, which is why many are afraid to - leave a rotten MTSO. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Exactly right - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
If you go through 4 jobs, and each is terrible in terms of compensation, benefits, etc - in their own *unique* way - what is the point of hunting down the 5th - which will most likely be just as bad, but in a new way - I mean seriously.

Where's my job - JW

[ In Reply To ..]
Anyone ever wonder if all these companies are the same company but just have different names? I give anything to go back and work for an office again or hospital if I have a chance rather than deal with all the platforms which when something goes wrong, it is always the fault of my computer and then I am expected to help them troubleshoot. I was not hired to be a troubleshooter thank you.
Where's my job - Amen MT
[ In Reply To ..]
Amen!

Into the fire. - M

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep, all the time.

Oh no! I hope things get better for you. I saw that you left MQ sm - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]
and I have been hoping for you and all others they you all find a great fit someplace else. I'm looking in all directions, MT and elsewhere, and I just don't know what to do. I know I have to do something. I'd give anything to have my job back before MQ took over!!

Frying pan into the fire - JW

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes just recently happened to me. I worked for a company for three long years that kept cutting pay and I finally had to take a leave of absence because of stress from that job. I hoped so much for a good job and was looking. One that I had been trying to get for two years suddenly showed up and I jumped at the chance only I was what they called a "trickle-down MT." Well I got a lot of work until the week of Thanksgiving and then the work started to dry up to nothing now. This was a local job here in the town where I live too. No explanations from them. I still get their patient list and seems full enough so where's my work? Needless to say I am unemployed and really need to work.

Don't worry, it will get better...sm - wasHappyMt

[ In Reply To ..]
I had that feeling too for the first week. So much new information, and I know Acuity was not near this confusing!! I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now, I just need a secondary to fill my time!

Good luck, and let me know how it is going.

That's the problem, though, needing work. It took me - wannie

[ In Reply To ..]
2-1/2 hours to get the 5 required jobs, with lots of waiting in between. When I talked with the recruiter before taking this job, I was told that "you won't ever run out of work and if you do they'll give you a secondary." Well, I should have known better. From the backlogs they send out, there is usually VERY little work in the account that I was hired to do. Oh well, we live and learn. Hopefully it will get better.

good luck wannie - anne

[ In Reply To ..]
That happened to several of my friends who switched to a new company. You don't give the name of the company, but my friends heard exactly what you said. They contacted supervisors, the account manager, and HR head and they were able to get a secondary account in several weeks, and things settled down and they are happy now and only rarely run out. Try the above before giving up, anything has to be better than the Q!! Best wishes to you!

Uh oh Wannie... sounds like you and I work at same place - lka

[ In Reply To ..]
Feel free to email if you like. When you said 5 required jobs, that was kind of the tip-off, plus what the recruiter said. I have been with the company for a little over 3 months and run out of work on a consistent basis even with 2 secondaries. Just my opinion, but I think they over-hire. I know lots of people that work at the same place and some even get OT, have good accounts and do great. Not so here. I have really bad ESL and hard to get any momentum going with that. Have 25 plus years experience with ESL and all specialties if that tells you anything.

I've done it too many times to count. Something about - MT continually leads me to bad choices. (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
X

Similar Messages:

Out Of The Fire Into The Frying Pan?
Jan 12, 2013

After almost 10 years of working at home and in house doing MT, and the last 3 at Nuance, I have decided to take a coding course.  I am so demoralized w/Nuance.  Lost my bonus (and I have not gotten sloppy and careless in my time there) and then they made it more difficult to get a bonus; the crummy health insurance, the VR is a joke ("can be twice as fast as typing," but we are absolutely paid 1/2 what we are paid for typing), the offshoring, the drs on cell phones, the horrible ESLs. ...

Wonder How Many JLG MT's Jumped Ship?
Sep 25, 2011

I'm still here, rockin w/ MQ! Anybody else? ...

Since I Jumped Up And Down When There Was No Work, It Seems Only Fair Sm
Jan 09, 2011

to say that the work famine seems to be over at SoftScript ... whew!  I still think it was poor management and overhiring that made it as bad as it was, especially since I work for another MTSO who had work constantly throughout the holidays.   Still, I'm happy to see things flowing better so that maybe now I can make an accurate assessment as to whether it is worth it to me to stay. ...

Just Felt Like Venting
Nov 12, 2013

I am so sick of getting emails daily from TSM and QC regarding new updates, changes, complaints!  Its not our fault that things with this new updated, state of the art fluency platform are not updated correctly, that should have been done by them before we started typing!  Quit holding me back by having to read, read, read more changes, etc.  I hate what transcription has become, I remember the days where I just sat and typed and never, ever heard from my supervisor back then. &nb ...

My TSM Felt It Appropriate To Share That She Had
Jan 15, 2015

since her baby slept through the night. She is refreshed and ready to go today. Apparently she does spend sleepness nights wondering how she'll pay her bills under this new exciting pay plan in addition to sleepless babies/kids. How insulting. Do they even think before they send these junk messages out ? ...

Felt So Much Better After Reading This Board
Jun 28, 2013

I felt like I was being picked on and I thought I was just paranoid but it's everybody so now I don't feel so bad.  I noticed the post-audits stopped when they got me out of bonus territory, too.  I got a full point mark-down for missing words on a post-audit for putting "Will get..." instead of "We will get..." and out of all the reports they post-audited only 1 was in my primary, the rest were all on accounts I'm not used to and the worst dictators.  I didn't ...

I Saw Him Earlier Because Of These Blisters On His Hand, Which I Felt Was S/l Pompholyx To Do (see M
Jan 01, 2012

I saw him earlier because of these blisters on his hand, which I felt was s/l pompholyx to do and he responded well to topical steroids. ...

Liver Lesions Felt To Be Adenomas Or S/l Zeph/en/H ??
Feb 22, 2012

Patient had pelvic ultrasound done which showed some liver lesions.  She then had a CT scan done that confirmed the lesions.  They were heterogeneously enhancing, not felt to be consistent with hemangiomas.  Differential diagnosis include adenomas or S/L ZEPH/EN/H ??.  sef/en/h  I clearly just hear "H" at the end so maybe a word dash H ?? ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

QA Pain
Nov 29, 2009

Anyone have any ideas about how to tell off a pain-in-the-a** Q/A who takes any opportunity to send stupid comments without losing your job - and definitely putting her in her place!!!  I'm sick of her nonsense.  Or is it that all Q/As know they have the upper hand???? Thanks.   ...

S/l Pain At The ??bu??
Apr 29, 2011

Help.   s/l pain at the ??bu?? pain scales are evaluated and are negative. ...

Arm Pain
Sep 01, 2011

So all I had to do was walke up one morning about a week ago and my arm throbbed.  Lots of pain between the wrist and elbow and can feel it any time I move my fingers or use my mouse.  Anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?  I'm about to go nuts with this constant ache/pain. ...

S/l Pan Spinal Pain
Oct 29, 2009

history of ulcerative colitis status post colectomy who has panspinal pain and migraine headaches.  ...

S/l Exiac Pain
Nov 24, 2009

No other real info.  All he says about this is - s/l Exiac pain is improved. ...

Back Pain
Dec 08, 2009

This patient is in for groin pain, diagnosis of hip early degenerative arthritis, DR states in HPI that she has a "history of s/l shark lordosis" Under PE he states she has "no sensory deficits of lower extremity except for baseline s/l stockings of glove distribution secondary to her s/l shark-loida peripheral neuropathy." I know that makes no sense but this DR sounds like he had a long night last night and may still have some substances running through his system.  LOL He is usually ver ...

Fluro Pain
Apr 08, 2010

I am working on a Orthopedic report and it sounds like the doctor is dictating that the patient has severe fluro pain. I have not heard of "fluro" pain. Is this slang for another term? The patient has rhuematoid arthritis.  ...

Pain Scales And AAA
May 19, 2010

I need help please!   I think in the past I had read in BOS that when dictator is saying 1-2 out of 10 on pain scale it should be 1/10-2/10.   Can anyone verify correct way please? Cannot find in my BOS.    ALso dictator is saying "triple A surgery".  Should that be typed as AAA or triple A?    Thank you! ...

Finger Pain
Jun 25, 2010

Hi, everyone. I'm sure that this is a common problem in the transcription field, but I was hoping someone had some sort of remedy. I've been typing every day for the past couple of weeks about 9 hours a day and one of my fingers (the one I use for the Backspace key) is really starting to hurt every time I push down on it. It's right at the second knuckle on the digit and it's starting to become problematic. Any suggestions from more experienced MTs? Thanks. ...

Anortion Of Pain?
Oct 14, 2010

This addressed s/l anortion of her pain.   Help Please!!! ...

Pain Medication
Feb 16, 2011

s/l "me aze"  It is alternated with Vicodin for knee pain. ...

S/l Ryvox Pain Rx
Mar 18, 2011

n/m ...

Parent Pain???
Apr 05, 2011

I have a doc that seems to be saying parent pain continues with arm pain...anyone heard of parent pain? ...

Abdominal Pain
Apr 25, 2011

"abdomen soft with 2 T's tenderness" ??? ...

Pain Level
Aug 30, 2011

is correct to transcribe pain level is 0/10 or zero out of ten? ...

Pain Med S/l Sumerian
Sep 12, 2011

The patient has metastatic prostate cancer, in severe pain, looking into treatment with s/l sumerian - sumera - Thought maybe Zemuron but looks like that completely knocks you out, can't find a reference to using that just for pain. Any help appreciated! There are many blanks in this report - all the same word.     ...

She Has No Pain At The FDP And FDS S/l Dec-qu-sation.
Oct 04, 2011

TIA ...

Right Shoulder Pain
Nov 12, 2011

He is nontender over the s/l (bony girdle) s/l (above) the clavicle and the scapula.  He is nontender at the elbow and wrist. He has good s/l (dorsalis) or s/l (radial) pulses and the sensation and grip strength is equal. ...