A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Any MT Companies Hiring that you can use Windows 8 with? - Curious

Posted: Apr 13, 2013

Anyone know any medical transcription companies that are hiring that you can use Windows 8 with?  I upgraded and really don't want to have to roll back to Windows 7.

If you don't ever want to be paid on time, I know of a company - that you can use Windows 8 wtih

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told that Speech Motion is compatible.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Hiring That Is Compatible With Windows 8 ???
Dec 28, 2012

Asking for a friend ... thanks! ...

Companies With Windows 7?
Dec 31, 2009

Is there anyone who knows of any companies whose software is compatible with Windows 7?  I just bought a new HP computer and it has 7 installed on it.  Unfortunately, my IT guy in the office didn't tell me that Windows 7 wouldn't work, so now I am out of a job since my old computer crashed a few days ago.  I would appreciate any info from anyone. Happy New Year!!!     ...

Now I Know Why Some Companies Are Always Hiring
Dec 18, 2009

. ...

Does It Seem To You That More Companies Are Hiring Now Than Before. They All Want 2nd Or 3rd And
Apr 17, 2012

are offering bonuses again.  I would expect at some point with supply and demand a lot of MTs including me will either get out of the business or go PT or retire and there will be less people looking for jobs.  Just a thought.  As far as overseas with EMR they will not be getting the work either that they used to so it should be interesting to see where this all goes.  It is already quite obvious to support a family you cannot do it very well with this job anymore.  Ther ...

Some Companies Not Hiring CA MTs
Jan 14, 2013

I have noticed that in job ads, some companies state that they will not hire MTs who are in California.  Why is this?   I haven't been on this board for awhile.  What did I miss about that? ...

Same Companies Hiring Day In, Day Out.....
May 15, 2013

Because the synopsis of their ads are, We want: 2nd and 3rd shift only......availability when it is not your shift.....weekends......holidays.....99% accuracy......no benefits.....no vacation......no sick time....able to handle garbage dictation.....years of experience......strict schedules even for ICs.....ability to change your shift without notice.......2 hour testing required.......AND DO NOT EVEN TELL YOU WHAT THE PAY IS, only later to find out it is 6 cpl typing, 4 cpl VR.  Real ...

Why Do These Companies Keep Hiring
Nov 08, 2013

I started a job part time last week, doing 2 days a week and have been out of work 2 of the 4 days I was supposed to work and was told to flex my hours.  I have a full time job and it is very difficult to flex for a part time job.  Why do these companies hire if there is actually no work?  I am already at a point where I want to leave.  I work because I have to, not because I have idle time on my hand to flex in order to get work and end up putting in time on 3-4 different da ...

Do Most Big Companies Accept Windows 7 Now, And
Jul 06, 2013

I'm job hunting after a couple of years off. When I left, many companies (including, I believe, Nuance and M-Modal) would not accept Windows 7, which is what I have.  I hope that has changed.  I don't want to downgrade to XP and I sure as h*ll don't want Windows 8. ...

Any Companies Hiring New Graduates??
Feb 05, 2010

Are there any companies hiring new graduates? I can't seem to get my foot in a door. Everyone wants experience. ...

Any Companies Out There That Use EMDAT Hiring PT?
Apr 24, 2012

Looking for part time transcription work. Does anyone know of any companies that are hiring that use the EMDAT platform? Thanks!!!! :) ...

Any Good Companies Hiring Out There?
Mar 19, 2013

Are there any good MT companies out there any longer that actually pay something that we can live on?  I know all about the "if you want to earn more, work more" deal but honestly, the pay has depreciated so much you would have to work 12 hours a day to make what I used to make in 8.  Didn't go to school and get into this field of work 15 years ago to make less than a waitress.  Any good companies out there? ...

Know Of Any Companies Hiring Without Set Schedule?
Apr 18, 2015

I have 25 years of experience and am looking for P/T work on eScription. I have an Expert Certification in EditScript and am a fast and accurate editor. I am trying to find a company who has steady work without being assigned to tons of accounts in order to get your lines and also no set schedule. I don't care about whether it's employee or IC, but I need the flexibility because of having to care for my adult daughter with a disability.  I am open to other platforms also, if need ...

Same Old Tired Transcription Companies Hiring All The Time
Sep 20, 2012

I am currently working at a company and with the way things are going with all of these companies, I am just afraid of layoffs.  It's sad to see all of the same transcription companies on the job boards hiring, and it seems by reading the boards none of them are worth working for.  I sure wish when I decided to go into transcription I could have looked into the future a few years.  I have been doing transcription now for 6 years.  I am thankful I do have my job still and ...

Are There Any Companies Hiring P/t That Still Offer Straight Transcription (no VR)?
Dec 16, 2012

Looking for p/t straight transcription with a reliable company.  Are there any left that don't require VR? ...

Is There A Reason Why You Can Use Windows 7 And Word 2007 With EScription At Some Companies And Not
Jan 05, 2011

nm ...

Aren't Any Companies Hiring Part-time? Frustrated!
Nov 09, 2009

I have applied at so many of these companies, taken and apparently passed the tests, filled out extensive interview forms, only to have them get back to me with "we don't have any part-time positions at this time". This is getting old and I am really getting frustrated. ...

Are There Companies That Provide Computer Besides MModal? Have Heard Precyse Isn't Hiring. NM
Mar 09, 2014

xx ...

AUTOCORRECT - How To Coph From Windows XP To Windows 7
Aug 22, 2013

HOW TO COPY AUTOCORRECT FROM WINDOWS XP TO WINDOWS 7 ...

Windows 7 And Using Windows XP Mode
Aug 05, 2011

Has anyone ever wanted to work for a company that only used Windows XP and you had Windows 7 but could virtually move to XP mode?  Could you download their software on the XP mode side and get it to work?  I had a job interview where their software only worked on XP.  I thought I could do that, but I had to also have Word 2003.  I only have 2010, but it has the compatability pack for 2003, BUT the client's software couldn't differentiate that.  If I maybe bough ...

ShortCut For Windows With Windows 7 Or 8?
May 14, 2014

Anyone using ShortCut for Windows with Windows 7 or 8? ...

Copying From Windows XP To Windows 7
Jan 31, 2015

I've done this before with no problems but for some reason I can't figure it out today. . . I want to copy my Stedman's Electronic Dictionary from XP to Win 7. I don't know why I am having problems with this . . . I copied my Stedman's electronic surgical words, abbreviations, etc., about 6 months ago just fine using my thumb drive. I don't have the original discs with me. Any help would be appreciated! ...

Always See The Companies To Stay Away From, How About Companies To Go To?
Oct 23, 2012

I see many warnings about bogus companies but I need help to steer me to a good company or at least a company that is fair, hiring and gives a fair entrance test.  any ideas?   ...

Anyone Use DQS On Windows 7 Yet?
Dec 16, 2009

I want to go to my parents house this weekend for Christmas and I have to work.  They live about 4 hours away so I was just going to take my foot pedal with me and download DQS on my dad's computer.  He is nerd so he has this really cool computer so I am not worried about DQS not running on it or anything.  I was just wondering about how DQS runs with windows 7.  I would figure it would just run the same since it is internet based.  I just would hate to not be able ...

Has Anyone Tried DQS With Windows 7?
Jan 05, 2010

x ...

Windows 7 64-bit OS And DQS 6.1
Sep 20, 2010

I have read other posts on this site with respect to this subject but just wondering if anyone using Windows 7 is able to use DQS 6.1 64-bit OS with it. Every machine you purchase comes preloaded with it and I want to buy a new machine but if Windows 7 64-bit doesn't work properly, I won't even bother yet. I heard from support that is unsure right now as they are still working on other things, i.e., problems with 6.1.   Thanks for your input!   ...

DQS And Windows 7
Nov 03, 2010

Hi All!   I am considering buying a new personal PC, which are all loaded with Windows 7.  I can't find info anywhere as to the requirements for the operating system compatible with the newer DocQscribe software, or are we still stuck with XP? Thanks for any help! ...

Windows 7 -- 64-bit And 32-bit
Nov 22, 2010

Can maybe someone answer my question. I purchased a new computer last year with the new Windows 7 home premium operating system. For the Internet Explorer, I have two icons, one on my desktop that strictly says 64-bit, plus there is an IE icon at the bottom of my toolbar that uses 32-bit for some sites (I think because Adobe Flash Player is not compatible with 64-bit OS, is what I was told by an HP tech person). Some companies advertising on the Job Seeker board says can use Windows 7, 32- ...

Windows 7/64
Aug 05, 2011

Does docqscribe work now with windows 64-bit? ...

Windows 7 Help
Dec 19, 2011

I received a new computer from the Q which I am sure you all know has windows 7 but how do you maximize a screen that was minimized?  In XP I had always had the teamwork screen minimized and readily seen on the taskbar so all I had to do was click on it and it brought up teamwork ready to be clilicked on to sign me in for my shift after I had a job downloaded  but when I minimize the teamwork window in windows 7 it disappears from the screen and I have to click on the icon on the deskt ...

No More Windows XP
Jul 09, 2012

I went to MicroCenter the other day to look at computers. Anyway the salesman told me that Windows XP is going obsolete (somewhat) in 18 months.  That's when Windows Update will no longer continue security updates for Windows XP.  Anyone see that as a problem? ...