A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What's the current vibe at Transcend? - Good MT Hunting

Posted: Nov 04, 2010

For those of you CURRENTLY at Transcend (I already get the drift from those of you who've left) what is the current vibe?

Interviewing tomorrow and thought I'd ask now in case it brings up some questions for me to raise during the interview.

I'm interviewing on Monday. I need more work and hope they will offer me the pay I want as wel - Mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

What do you want? - mt

[ In Reply To ..]

Transcend - Transcend MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I am working for Transcend. I really was pretty happy until they switched me over to their VR program. I have never been able to double my production in order to make up for the 50% pay cut. My other major problem is that I have so many accounts. Always being asked to move around and help. Just hard to be very productive that way. The accounts are pretty heavy ESL that I have. If you don't mind VR, multiple accounts and ESL doctors, you will have plenty of work.

Thanks! - Good MT Hunting

[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate the response.

Hard to know which way to turn anymore!!

Do not understand your post!! You only want positive responses. - other transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
Then why bother to ask? We are all running out of work, VR has cut our pay by more than 50%. Favoritism still abounds. But, as with everything else, Maslov's hierarchy still prevails, so we sit still until something else comes along.

We still have an employee advocate trying to trap everyone into complaining so she can get them fired.

We still have cherrypicking, legal or not.

We still have enough work to get the minimum number of lines required to stay employed.

Are you just bragging because you got an interview? So did a lot of other people, so don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

She didn't say she wanted positive responses - Happy MT Robin

[ In Reply To ..]
She said she wanted responses from people who currently work there, not the people who have left, as they have voiced their situation many times already.

You answered her questions, but imo you didn't need to be such a snot about it.

postalposts - JustME

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, I cannot believe the hostility in some of these posts. We really are a stressed bunch, yes? I got an idea, let's all pack up and move to India where the work is! LOL! :)
Well, if you want to work for Transcend, get used to this attitude. Just - other transcender
[ In Reply To ..]
wait until you have to transcribe every report because the editor is so crappy. Redo a 15 minute report that makes no sense in editor, say something to your team leader, ROM or assistant ROM and get a response saying if the editor were perfect you would not have a job, so just shut up and retype every report for 4 cents a line.

Stressed? Yes, I am stressed. I am sick of working for nasty, nasty people. I am tired of getting my backside kicked because I turned off my computer to refresh the memory. These witches will get the same treatment one of these days and it won't be soon enough to suit me. Management is horrible.

And forget trying to find anything out about benefits, etc. Human resourceless will not answer e-mails, telephone calls or anything else. In fact, the e-mails are all coming back as mailer daemon that you send to anyone in HR.

Communication is horrible, since I forgot to add that before.
work in India - raydonia
[ In Reply To ..]
We would be such stars in India and the living is cheap. We would quickly rise to the top as we actually know how to transcribe spoken English, as apparently they do not, witnessed by the (nameless) company I now work for.

WOW! Having a bad day? - Good MT Hunting

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry you're feeling like poop but don't shovel it on me!!

Reread my post and work on comprehension. I actually have several interviews. I will have to make as an informed decision as possible within a week or so, hence the question.

Getting feedback from someone no longer working there doesn't factor into my formula.

Now you have a great day, honey because I think this profession is getting you down and that's just sad.

interviews - raydonia

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow! with several interviews you are doing better than any of the rest of us. I've been at this for 30 years and can't get an interview to save myself. Maybe my expectations are too high?

I work for Transcend - Crabby

[ In Reply To ..]
and haven't had any problems. I don't know what region the other posters work in, but my regional manager, assistant manager and team leads have been nothing but nice to me. As far as running out of work, yes it is slow, but I am able to get pretty close to my personal line count. I do know that there is at least 1 other company that also works on 1 of my accounts, so it isn't all Transcend's fault when it is slow. There are usually other companies that work the accounts too. HappyMT, I would say talk to them in your interview, see what they have to say and go from there. Had I taken into account every negative thing I had read on here into account, I would never have taken the job, and I did tell the recruiter that and the regional manager. I went by my gut instinct and am content.
Sorry, that should be GoodMT instead of HappyMT - Crabby
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Me too - transcender2
[ In Reply To ..]
Not all companies are sunshine and roses - there are problems everywhere. In my opinion, Transcend is a good company. I don't have any problems with my TL or ROM. Does the work run low? Sure but we can always flex our time and when the work comes in, we can make up what we missed. That is one of the joys working from home in this business - the ability to be flexible. There are so many negative posts out there but with all us working for Transcend, you only see a few that are truly unhappy. The majority are happy. Every job has its ups and downs but this one is mostly up. A few months back I was one of the ones that had a pay cut. Did it bother me? of course it did but I am happy to have a steady job with a good, reliable company that is going to be around for a long time.
Crabby - JustME
[ In Reply To ..]
Why did you have to take a pay cut? Was it just from switching from straight typing to VR?
I started after the dreaded pay cuts. - Crabby
[ In Reply To ..]
And to be honest, if it weren't for VR, I would have to give up transcribing due to rheumatoid. My hands could not take straight typing 8 hours per day. I'm not "old school" (and no offense to those that are), so I don't have a comparison to the average pay scale 5-10 years ago. I make decent money doing VR. Yes, I make more per line when I straight type instead of edit, but I get into a groove and can edit more lines per hour than I could ever type. I guess its 6 of one, half dozen of the other. You either like editing or you don't. I don't see us ever getting paid 10 cpl for editing (laughing) when 99% of the work is done for you. You can either adapt to it and realize VR is here to stay, or you can't.

Other transcender - Mrs.J.

[ In Reply To ..]
Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed today? All she was doing was seeking information. My mama used to say if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. A little kindness around here would go a long way.

Me too---interview - MTFL

[ In Reply To ..]
I just got an e-mail to set up an interview and am excited about possibly making the change to Transcend. YAY!

Interview - Jo

[ In Reply To ..]
I had an interview 3 weeks ago and faxed all my paperwork, and have not heard anything back yet. She emailed me and said she will call me to get set up, but I never get a call. It has been a whole week now and still no call. Good thing I did not leave my old job or I would be without pay for 2 weeks now.

transcend - peacheykeen

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Transcend. I always had PLENTY of work on the acct I was on. They usually asked us to sign on extra to keep the jobs in turn. I just got tired of working 10-12 hour days to make the pay I needed. VR is horrible and getting paid 4 cents a line is an insult. It would be a great company IMO if they paid more for VR or went back to straight typing. I doubt that is going to happen though...so I went on to greener pastures...

Have said that...a job is a job and in this day and time to have an interview and be accepted for a job is a great thing :) Many people are without work and would love to have the opportunity. I gave a 2 weeks notice and kept that door open with Transcend. You just never know what will happen in life. Best of luck to you on your interview :)
Thanks--interview - MTFL
[ In Reply To ..]
I appreciate that. My interview isn't going to be until late next week, which is kind of a bummer, but I'm hoping something good will come of it. It seems like a decent company from what I have been reading.

No, NO, NO - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was an MT, moved to management and left as I saw things going on that I absolutely did not agree with and spoke out about it..fell on deaf ears. Best decision I ever made.

Transcend - Transcender

[ In Reply To ..]
I currently work at Transcend. There is work. Believe me not everything is greener on the other side. I have worked for others and I really like it here. Also, on the MLS site - they show anniversary dates - and there a LOT of people who have been with the company for many years.....Of course they have a big turnover as well. If I were you I would go with my gut. If I would have listened to these negative posters here - I would have never taken the job and I am glad that I did.

To the others.....you all need to get over yourselves and stop with the negativity - Maybe that's why your treated differently!

Similar Messages:

Question For Current Transcend MLS. Do You Think
Sep 13, 2012

changes, benefit changes come January 1?  My ex-TL said yes and now I am worried.  Do you think these "changes" will be better/worse?  I'm a single parent of 4 and worry I need to make a decision now on whether to continue here or not?  TIA   ...

Current 9 Year Transcend MLS. I Notice Nuance Hiring Ads
Sep 24, 2012

Is this common (the 1 yr exp only requirement).  Transcend has always required at least 3 years.  One has to wonder if the 1 year exp is an easy ploy to offer lower pay.  I worry about this since from what we can summize we will be moved to be in line with Nuance payscale at some point shortly.  Is anyone else make this 1 yr experience connection?  ...

Help!!! Current Employer - No Work Versus Transcend Promising Work.
Mar 07, 2011

Okay, Transcenders/Ex-Transcenders.  I have not done VRE before - just straight transcription.  If it were down to not enough work to pay the bills and taking an offer from Transcend....you would or wouldn't and why???  Please???!!!!! ...

Current TTD MTs
Oct 21, 2011

Would like to hear from current MTs their opinion and any info you would care to share about TTD.   Thanks. ...

Current Cpl
Apr 15, 2013

What is the current cpl rate that companies should be paying?  ...

I'm A Current MM MT And Would Like To Become MME.
Jan 10, 2015

I can't find any info anymore. Are there still MMEs and are they still testing for this position? Thanks! ...

Any Current Information On TTS
Jan 17, 2010

Would appreciate any current information on TTS, particular related to IC status.  Thanks much. ...

Current Information On TTS
Feb 01, 2010

Thinking of applying and just wondering about pay, platform, accounts etc. Any information would be good. I just want to make sure it is a good place to work.  From the archives, it looks like it is pretty mixed.  People either love it or hated it due to the strict scheduling.  Is the schedule still strict for ICs? Thanks in advance for your information. ...

What Is The Current MQ Atmosphere Like?
Feb 14, 2010

I keep getting recruitment emails, but I am leary from all the bad press I have seen in the past.  I really need a job and wonder if I should reconsider.  Any thoughts?  How is the pay? Do they hire PT?  Need the scoop. ...

Current Information On MD-IT?
Mar 07, 2010

Does anyone have any current information on MD-IT?   I searched the boards and the archives and found nothing.  If anyone could share any information at all, I would appreciate it, thanks. ...

Looking For Current Information On TTS Please (sm)
Jan 05, 2011

Have read the archives but most of it is from 2009 and older, a few posts in 2010 but really hoping to find out more current information.  They are offering IC status but then list the shifts that they expect you to work???  How is the pay, platform, volume of work, managers, communication, you name it, I would like to know it.  :)   TIA ...

Current CMT's - Is It Worth It?
Jan 08, 2011

If I take the CMT test the goal is to increase my income from my current earnings as a full time MT/ME.  But is it worth the $$ and time required to prepare for and take the CMT test?  I am confident that I would have no problem passing the test after adequate review, etc. So is it worth the effort?  Bottom line -- it will cost money to take the exam and it will cost money to either enroll in a review course or buy review materials to prepare for the exam. And the CMT credential ...

Any Current Information About TTS? 
Apr 11, 2011

Does anyone have any current information about TTS?  Could someone who works there now please let me know how things are going with this company?  ...

JLG Current Employees
Apr 28, 2011

I have recently been offered a position with JLG.  I have checked the archives for info on this company, however, most of them are from 1-2 years ago.  I am interested in any info a current employee of JLG can offer to me regarding this company - good or bad.  ...

Anyone With Current Information On E-MTS?
May 05, 2011

I've done the search and don't find anything current. I would like to have any details you might such as cpl, hours, flexing, amount of work, etcetera. Please post or e-mail. ...

Does Anyone Have CURRENT Information On JLG? Nm
May 30, 2011

/ ...

DTI - Any Current Info
Aug 27, 2011

Any current info on this company please? ...

JLG --- Current Job Openings
Aug 27, 2011

Would current new hires at JLG for the new verbatim account please answer these questions:  1.  What is their cpl rate? 2.  How difficult are the dictators? 3.  Is there enough work? 4.  Platform being used, is it good to work on. I have read the negative posts here about JLG but I am really in need of a job at this point.  I haven't worked for almost three months and I figure at least a verbatim account shouldn't be that hard to get right.  Plea ...

EMTS - Anything Current About Them - Sm
Oct 26, 2011

Employee/IC?  Pay scale?  VR/straight?  Nice people?  Strict hours? ...

Any Current ProTypers Here?
Feb 10, 2012

Any current ProType employees here?  I've received a couple of calls from them but was hoping I could find out the current state of the accounts, workload, etc., from MTs currently working there. Thanks much for any info! ...

Anyone With Current Info On K&R? S/m
Jul 21, 2012

See they are hiring but would appreciate any info first.  I've already jumped too quick into a company that sucks.  Thanks ! ...

Current Info On DTS-OK Please.
Aug 30, 2012

Before applying would appreciate info, the good, the bad and the ugly.  Thank you! ...

End Of Current Quarter?
Sep 13, 2012

Does anyone know when the current quarter ends? ...

Patient First - Current MT
Apr 20, 2013

Regarding the posts below, thought I would expound.  I have been there a few years and it is the best MT job I have had in a very long career. The process for hiring is a bit complex but it is worth it.  Don't bother unless you are really experienced. Basics:  -1400 lines per day minimum - 50-character line with spaces - 7 cpl.  Do the math - it is comparable to 10 cpl for a 65-character line. Dictaphone account (provided), typed in MS Word (one long file). You provide ...

Any Current Info On TTS
Apr 23, 2013

Any current info on TTS such as line rate, flexibility, plenty of work, platform and what the accounts are like? Easy to make lines? Also wondering if they offer shift differential for 2nd shift.  Thanks in advance. ...

Is There Anyone With Any Current Info On TTS. Nm
Nov 17, 2013

nm ...

Keep My Current Position, Or Look For A New One?
Mar 05, 2014

Sorry if this belongs on one of the subforums.(New MTs, maybe? I only have 2 years' experience as of this January...) Anyway, here's my deal: right now I'm an independent contractor with Accu-Script, and as of late I've been seriously considering looking elsewhere for a position as a regular employee(assuming Accu-Script themselves have none). I have no problems with the company or the money I'm making now, and I know that could too easily change if I try to change ...

Current PF Employees
Jun 28, 2014

To those of you who work for PF, is the second test after the phone interview difficult? I thought the first test was challenging, but not that bad.  If you pass do you get hired? ...

Current New-hire TTS MTs?
Jul 04, 2014

TTS keeps running ads but people say they do not follow up on interviews after going through the testing.  Has anyone actually answered the ad, been interviewed and hired within past 6 months?  I am relatively new here and just wondered about why some smaller companies are always looking for help but when I research the company here there are nothing but complaints.   ...

Current Info On ZNF
Dec 10, 2014

wondering if anybody currently transcribes radiology for ZNF and how it is going.  How do they pay by report or line and is it decent?  thanks in advance.  ...