A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Webmedx Heads Up! - Reposted from below

Posted: Oct 10, 2010

This was such an important message I felt it needed to have it's own post.  It kind of got lost below in the thread.  Anyone who is going through this type of situation can really benefit from this information - I know it was powerful salve for my heart.  Thank you for posting this Former Manager. 

Cause for concern at any company - sm - Former Manager

Posted: Oct 9th, 2010 - 9:01 am In Reply to: WMX bloodletting - ea

Most MTSOs of any decent size at all have production/quality policies. These are usually listed as "requirements" for MTs but these expectations are usually described again under a termination or performance management policy.

If a random or routine quality and/or production check results in lower standards than the company wants, they usually will follow through with notifcation to the MT and follow their performance management process. They want to keep the MT and just help them improve. Turnover is very expensive.

However, if the company is looking specifically to lighten its work force and/or specific individuals, they will not give the MT(s) notice. They will do a historical quality/production review and simply state they no longer need their services.

They will NOT entangle themselves by stating it is because the MT did not meeting production or quality standards or any other requirement because they have not followed their performance management policy. They simply terminate without cause.

Can they do this? Yes. I don't know of a state that is not "at will" or of similar structure when it comes to employment expctations. We don't want that situation anyway - we want to be able to come/go from a job as we see fit and the company needs to do the same.

It does seem unfair and it is definitely painful when it happens.

What MTs need to look for are patterns of this, especially when it happens in groups or batches of employees.

Webmedx recently terminated a group (whatever size doesn't matter) of MTs/QA due to the loss of at least one account. So, watching for a pattern of terminations without cause is very crucial.

If an MT is truly blindsighted by a termination, this is a true red flag that all at the company should pay attention to and those thinking about applying should carefully weigh. Nothing illegal about it but there are more ethical ways to reduce staffing.

What do I mean by being "blindsighted by a termination?" If you are terminuated and:
1. You were not given any prior counseling, discussion, documentation about poor performance of any kind.
2. At your termination, you were not given a "poor performance" reason or perhaps any reason - just a "we no longer need your services" excuse.
3. You were given poor performance stats on yourself that went back further than the last completed pay cycle.

It will NEVER be easy to lose a job regardless of the reason or circumstances. It can help, though, to understand what is happening so you can determine if you were just a victim of a poorly executed business decision versus truly having not meet performance requirements (which you need to know for your continued employment opportunities).

I would also hope that all MTs when reporting such incidents on message boards do so with credibility and integrity - not just make vague statements but be specfiic (much more credible) as this particular poster has been. This will help other MTs make a more informed choice about staying or onboarding with this company.

Former Manager

Question - - Curious

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm curious what you mean by historical and production review. If you are on the lower end or the higher end of the production scale are you most likely to be let go generally? Also, what about length of employment there (history?) is a longer time a better chance of staying?

RE: Curious / Layoffs involved both long-timers and from CMTs to newbies... - ...so no telling. :( NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Lost? Holy moly, it's only 7 posts below this one. No need to double post. - no message

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Just A QA Heads Up
Dec 18, 2012

I've only recently discovered this.  If doctor dictates the age of TP and it's wrong, but you can look at the demo and fix it, don't.  Just blank it.  I just had a major error come to my E-mail about this.  I had changed the age, probably because the physician stated it wrong.  However, when you look up a report in escrption, it doesn't tell the patient's date of birth so you have no way to prove anything.  I'm blanking from now on. &nb ...

HEADS UP REGARDING ASR
Jan 06, 2014

We all know this, but it seems things are getting worse with regard to ASR. I've been noticing it is substituting right for left and vice versa even though the dictation is crystal clear. Also, it is substiting Mr. for Mrs. or Ms. and vice versa even though the dictation is crystal clear. As someone noted previously, it is still making blatant errors in numbers (ages, lab values, vital signs, etc.). These are only a few out of a zillion examples lately. I'm thinking that ASR is regress ...

ANP Transcription - Heads Up To Everyone Out There
Jul 17, 2010

Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone out there.  I have been working for ANP Transcription out of New York for three months now and will NEVER work for them again.  They push, push, push for work to get done but can't seem to send out paychecks on time.  I have had to call and email each month.  Mysteriously, my very first paycheck didn't make the check run and my second check I was told was mailed out on July 9, but I have yet to receive that one, too. ...

Heads Up On Teletype Anyone?
Aug 16, 2010

nm ...

Yale-NH MTs HEADS UP
Nov 22, 2011

Epic is coming to Yale-NH very soon.  They've posted lots of Epic jobs on their website. MTs working this account prepare yourselves to be slaughtered. Epic came to our account and we are now producing less than 100 lines per day. EMR is mandated to be in place in ALL HOSPITALS, DOCTOR'S OFFICES AND CLINICS by 2015. MTs have rounded to corner to the end. ...

Warning/Heads Up To
Oct 01, 2012

If you have one of those accounts where they want all medication allergies capitalized, note that DQS 7.1 DOES NOT pick up all-cap typos/misspells.  This would include typos in the physical exam as well if the subheadings are all caps, but the medication one is more critical. Geeeeeeez.  Just when you think you're sailing along...   ...

Heads Up To Anyone In Houston, TX -
Jan 22, 2015

I just came across a job on CareerBuilder.com for an on-site pathology transcriptionist at Orion Healthcorp - M-F 8-5 paying $18-$22 an hour!!! I would be applying myself, but I live in PA :-(  Almost sounds too good to be true!  Just thought I would pass it along to anyone looking in that area.   ...

Heads Up To The MT's Being Picked To Death. Sm
Dec 11, 2009

Hi folks, I'm an MME and just want to know that I don't like picking your reports to death.  When I have to correct a report, I usually leave comments to help you along.  However, we were told that if anything is missing from the ADT screen, or if we see 1 little mistake, we have to review the whole report.  If the ADT screen is correct, then, unless you're on 100%, we just correct where the QA marker is.  I can't tell you how many times the date of s ...

Heads Up. Everybody's Credentials Need To Be Verified. Saw On
Dec 29, 2009

the news that a new company has sprung up fabricating resumes to give those folks with no experience some experience and education.  All those claiming to be CMTs need to be checked.  Word has it, this too is going on along with some name changing to confuse the issue. ...

Heads Up For South Region
May 14, 2011

If any of you were low on work before, its going to get lower.  A big hospital just started to send some of their work to India. ...

Precision Transcription -- A Heads Up
Aug 03, 2013

I just noticed on another board that this company posted an ad and I wanted to give those of you thinking about applying for the company a heads up.  I worked for the company for a short period of time.  I believe she will hire newbies to MT which is a positive.  However, there is "no pooling of the work types."  There are accounts that are both straight typing and VR, and since straight pays more, you have more people doing that than the VR work.  There are also, what I ...

I Am So Ticked I Could Bite The Heads Of Nails Off
Oct 17, 2009

I just got through with my 8 hours for the day. I could have worked longer, there was work left and my company does not mind. We are behind on discharge summaries but I am blowing steam out of my ears. I am old enough to quit this job and have I ever been thinking about it today. I have had people dicating for doctors who are ESLs themselves!! I was told not to change their verbs and such, leave as is. That grates on my last nerve. I have had people chomping gum in my ears, how rude is that? Did ...

HEADS UP! DQS Down For A Short Time Tonight!
Jun 01, 2011

Just got the e-mail that DQS is going down at 9:00 p.m. EST tonight for about 20 minutes. Don't lose your work!! ...

Just A Heads Up That Tomorrow Or Tuesday Is EIDS.
Nov 06, 2011

s ...

Heads Up In IL -- The Blue Unicorn Of Coding
Aug 31, 2013

For anyone who may need this... Central DuPage Hospital in IL is looking for THREE CCAs -- that's right, CCAs, not CCSs. ...

Just A Heads Up To Avast Antivirus Users
Jan 04, 2015

They did an update that wont allow Fluency to run. Called tech support took about 10 minutes to fix, but that is 10 minutes wasted.. ...

I Think The Company Heads That Merge With Transcend Are Lied To As Well. Sm
Nov 25, 2009

I did not blame the company I worked for for selling out to Transcend as I figured they were told the same thing we were told, which was that nothing would change and their transcriptionists would be treated fairly.  I think when things do change you can't blame your old company for that since they are probably surprised by it all just like you are. ...

This Could Go To Tech/gabmain Board Etc -- Heads Up On Working In A "hotel/motel"
Apr 20, 2012

First off, a bit of a background  -- lost my wonderful, steady job to being "morphed" in February.  I have been looking for a job, applied for unemployment and finally got it this past week.  However, last week, my roommate asked me to leave.  I went to a "national chain motel;" (Super 8) on Tuesday, after calling them Monday and telling them VERY SPECIFICALLY what I needed in terms of "high speed internet."  DSL or cable and NO satellelite  -- well, get down there ...

Hmm Will We @ Webmedx Get Nothing After-sm
Dec 19, 2009

being slapped in the face the whole year?  Looks like it to me.  Oh well, it beats the print-your-own cookbook. What a mess this company has turned out to be.  Even Transcend still manages to be thoughtful during the holidays. ...

Where To After Webmedx?
Dec 23, 2009

Those of you who left Wedmedx after finding out our pay will be cut again due to the great production potential coming with the switch to M-Modal (oh, my goodness--how many of us do they think fell off the turnip truck?), where'd you go?  Is it any better? ...

Webmedx Cpl For ASR
Apr 07, 2010

Hoping someone can help me with a few questions.  Considering making a change to Webmedx and was wondering about the cpl for ASR.  I also hear that they have lots of overtime and was hoping someone can validate this information.  Any input is appreciated. ...

Webmedx Needs To Pay
Apr 24, 2010

The unremarkable Wedmedx needs to pay for the downtime MTs are incurring because they want to switch everything over to their horrendous ISR.  The unremarkable Webmedx requires 1 to 4 hours to get new computers up and running and yet we production people are supposed to make up that time or use our PTO time or just not get paid.  The unremarkable Webmedx just hired new people and gave them bonuses to sign on but can't pay their longtime loyal employees for time lost due to no ...

Webmedx MTs
Sep 03, 2010

I just want you to know what a phenomenal job I think you all did on those atrocious accounts.  I QA'ed your work and was amazed at what you could decipher out of those dictations.  You are all amazing MTs in my eyes and any company out there would be lucky to have you working for them. I am so sorry we are all going through this but everything happens for a reason, so they say.  Let's just hope we all have brighter days ahead of us and better things. I was blessed to wo ...

Webmedx Pay Better Than Most
Oct 16, 2010

I know a lot of MTs and I keep getting calls to get on MTStars and read the latest bashing of Webmedx.  So when I finished work today I decided to do just that.  To hear all of your complaints I wonder if this is the same company I've been working for all these years. I've been editing since ISR started with them and it took me about a year to make up and at times exceed where I was.  Now I prefer ISR.  The long and the short of it is that as long as Webmedx keeps ...

Webmedx RIF
Nov 03, 2010

RIF still in effect for some.  Gone after seven years with this company right after they posted they will be hiring 100+ MTs for new account business.  So sad what this once good company has become. ...

WebMedX And M-TEC
Nov 11, 2010

Is anyone currently working for WebMedX an M-TEC graduate? I'm currently a Premier I student at M-TEC. Since WebMedX is a sister company to M-TEC, I here they are willing to hire new M-TEC granduates who lack the usual 2 years of experience. If you are an M-TEC graduate currently employed by WebMedX, what was your M-TEC graduating GPA? What is a good enough GPA to get hired by WebMedX? I will be graduating in April 2012 and would like to start making some employment plans. ANY INF ...

WebmedX AGAIN
Nov 18, 2010

I know, ad nauseum, but is there ANYBODY here who DOES have work?  When you DO have work, does it seem like it has suddenly become harder to get lines?  ...

Webmedx - New AMs
Apr 03, 2011

Do you all hear from your AM over the weekend?  ...

Webmedx Pay Changes
Apr 28, 2011

Well, fresh new announcement of production pay changes, headed up by the new MT manager.  Why am I not surprised?  Details are forthcoming.  Sorry for my fellow employees. ...

Webmedx Job
Nov 24, 2011

Hi, I was just offered a position at Webmedx and wanted to get some feedback to see if current MTs were happy there and why or why not? I need some quick responses if possible because I was planning on quitting my other job on Monday.  Thanks ...