A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech - 6 days and I've heard nothing since testing - guess not

Posted: Jan 25, 2011

Well, it's been 6 days and I've heard nothing since testing. I think I'm just going to get out of this field completely. I don't have to work, but the extra income was nice. I don't need it, though, so I'm going to quit my job and this south-bound "career" and move onto greener pastures, maybe just focus on my home and children for a while, which gets the back burner to this crap from having to sit at this god-forsaken computer INTO THE NIGHT during a DAY job just to get your lines because they can't give you enough work when they're supposed to.   

same with TT - TTer

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right to get out of this downhill job of editing for half line rate all these hideous foreign docs, mumbling docs, pee'ing/flushing docs while dictating, self-righteous, flirting with nurses in background while dictating (and I mean some serious flirting!), nurses laughing in background and speech machine hearing that instead of paused spots where it SHOULD speed up.

As we all know, one MTSO is as good as the other nowadays -- all greedy -- $25.00 gift for Christmas for their MT's who support their luxury lifestyle and pay their huge bonuses!!

MT field will ruin your health and put you on unnecessary medications without MT. - TT and speech/VR

[ In Reply To ..]
You newbies, don't think you are going to make a decent living at this profession any longer. Approximately 3 years ago, it was fabulous -- until mgmt. got greedy and forgot about the MT who "feeds them." The field is on the downslope for the MT, so don't even consider staying longer -- get out while the getting is good??? If it is good now, I can only imagine what another year or two will be like!

We will ALL be on antidepressants and antianxiety meds and pain pills -- there is a better life than addicted to those.

You are so right - guess not

[ In Reply To ..]
What a change just in 3 years. I said that exact same thing to my husband the other night. I've been doing this 15 years. I used to label this proudly as a career. Even independent contractors are being paid less, the amount we used to be paid as an employee. It's ridiculous.

There's not enough work to keep the ones they already have busy - Old and Tired

[ In Reply To ..]
I work evenings and I still run out of work, so I can imagine what the "day people" go through. I guess that's why there isn't any work for me at night because the day shift people are all on then trying to make up their lines and stealing work from me. Yet, they upped the quota this year, which makes no sense to me-- if there is no work, how are you supposed to increase your quota???

Yes, well where I am... - anonymouse

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm at Nuance, and I don't know if it is just my account or what but we are not allowed to work past 9 pm even if there is work available and we have not gotten our hours/lines in for the day. I am gonna have to get a second part time job just to supplement cause I can't work late or get a backup account to get my lines. Oh well.

How much you want to be that's because it is 8 am in India! - Jean

[ In Reply To ..]
Enough said�I think they are 11 or 11-1/2 hours ahead of us.

For some odd reason.... - Jean

[ In Reply To ..]
I could not correct the error in the last message because I didn't enter a password!

Another example of OS does not support US, US - is here to support OS. GAG nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Took TransTech Testing...
Apr 26, 2013

How long does it take to hear from them?  Wondering if anyone else who tested knows?  I got a job offer from one place but want to wait and see if I passed TransTech and what they say.  ...

Concerning The Discussion A Few Days Ago About Which Heading Gait Testing Goes Under.
Jun 27, 2015

Gait testing is part of the neurological examination and should therefore go under that heading.  From my perspective, healthcare document integrity should hold sway over account specs or doctor preferences.  Too many doctors think all that matters is what they say or how they interpret what is said, which is total bunk.  If that were true, we would all just start typing melanotic stools every time one of these medical geniuses dictates that because certainly there isn't a do ...

TransTech - Applied And Tested? Does It Take Days, Weeks?
Jan 23, 2011

What's the norm for them as far as getting back to a person who applied and tested? Does it take days, weeks?  Thank you for any help! ...

Tested For Opti-Script 4-5 Days Ago And Have Never Heard Anything
May 05, 2011

I tested for Opti-Script 4-5 days ago and have never heard anything. Do they let you know if you did not pass the test? Their website said someone would notify within 24 hours. ...

United Testing Anybody Heard Anything Yet?
Apr 02, 2010

Took the written and the dictation test, but have not heard anything yet.  Just wondering if anybody else took both tests and is waiting also. ...

Has Anyone Heard Back From DTSOK Since Testing?
Nov 08, 2011

They had said to try to take the test before the weekend so that they would have a chance to look at them and that they would get back to us immediately if we didn't pass the test.  They also said they would be setting up interviews on Monday.  Today is Wed. and still haven't heard anything.  Just wondering if anyone else has heard back from them.  Thanks ! ...

Anyone Ever Heard Of Transtech Medical Solutions
Dec 27, 2013

Has anyone ever heard of Transtech Medical Solutions- any good or bad info appreciated.  ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Saince Testing? Transcription Or Vocabulary/terminology Type Testing?
Jun 16, 2014

Anyone willing to tell if it is multiple dictations, how many, etc.  Were you able to get foot pedal to work with it? any info helpful.  ...

PAY DAYS
Feb 08, 2010

Forget how to look up pay dates - is it on MQ Central?  Thanks in advance. ...

NJA - 2 Days In A Row!
Mar 30, 2010

I'm on a roll!!  Almost out of PTO.  No vacation or anything for me this year.   BULLCRAP! ...

NJA How Many Days In A Row Now?.............
Jul 15, 2010

i'm devastated. forget bills, they don't need to be paid, right?  much less food that doesn't need to be bought.   ...

Ever Have One Of Those Days When
Nov 12, 2010

every other report is tragic? Tonight I just want to quit, so depressing. I hate doing child death reports, alcohol-involved MVAs where someone dies, drug overdoses where the person dies, attempted suicide, severe brain damage/paralysis from fall, all in one shift, all young people!! Giving extra hugs to my children and hubby tonight.  Sometimes I want to go back to doing just clinic work. Thanx for the vent and someplace to take a break. ...

Ever Have One Of Those Days, Where It Seems All The
Feb 15, 2011

It seems that every dictator tonight has made some sort of mistake or said something that doesn't seem right (mg/mcg, right/left, dates, names, age, etc.) that required extra research through past reports (if your lucky they have some) to get correct information?  Or where the residents make you want to beat your head against the wall because they cannot pronounce half the stuff their field exposes them to?  Sure, a handful a day is expected, but there are some days where it' ...

One Of Those Days-
Feb 18, 2011

This is on the tip of my tongue and driving me crazy!  Any help appreciated! "care ax" cream........wart treatment. ...

One Of Those Days
Mar 11, 2011

I'm having one of those days - can't understand a blessed thing anyone's saying!  I'll have days in a row without a single blank, and today - barely a report without at least one!  I think my so-called "listening ear" has taken a vacation! Think I'll sign off and settle down with a martini to toast the week-end, and hopefully all will be back to normal tomorrow!     ...

Low Pay For MTs These Days
Apr 21, 2011

I am in quite a quandy right now.  I have been out of work as an MT now for 3 months due to a layoff.  I started off in this field 15 years ago earning 11 cents a line for a transcription company.  My last job paid me 9 cents a line.  Now I am looking to find a part-time job and I can't find anything over 8 cents a line.  Doesn't experience matter anymore or is the transcription field pay rate getting lower and lower all the time?  I am shocked, because fo ...

One Of Those Days.
May 04, 2011

Today I had a 35 minute report by one of the worst dictators. On top of that her phone line is really bad. I did the best I could and ended up sending the report to QA. QA was able to fill in about half of the blanks that I had. I ended up sending an e-mail to my supe to see if anything could be done about her phone line, and if she could please listen to the report. Less than a minute later she e-mailed my back stating that she could hear the report just fine. My question is, how can it take le ...

NJA For 3 Days!
Jun 02, 2011

I am in the South region and have had NJA for 3 days! I have e-mailed my CCM who said work is slow, the first day.  Now I cannot get in touch with her and no explanation for no work.  I have used PTO and even taken a day off without pay.  This has never happened before.  Anyone know what is going on? Any answer or help would be greatly appreciated!   Anon   ...

So Far, This Has Been One Of Those Days Where
Jun 06, 2011

just above any profession but this one looks good.  Back-to-back ESL who gets on late at night, dictates report after report after report, marks them all priority even though they may be for admissions/discharges from 2-3 months ago.  He's horrible to listen.  Talks so softly sometimes he can barely be heard.  Flies through lab results, etc.  And, I think I'm the primary transcriptionist on this account.  I have literally begged to have this account t ...

Anyone Else Always Have Days Like This?
Aug 02, 2011

For some unknown reason my footpedal just decides to stop working this morning and I spend hours to get it going again. I finally get back into my groove, only to get a dictation that is 29 minutes long with only 4 minutes of actual dictating! I can never get ahead and get a decent line count anymore. There is always something that comes up to keep my production down and shrink my paycheck. I wish we were compensated fairly for times when a dictator keeps the phone on for 28 minutes without ...

Having One Of Those Days.
Jan 19, 2012

I feel like pulling my hair out. My supe said she was going to write me up because of 2 weeks of low line count. I guess she forgot that I used PTO because of NO WORK and on top of that I have been sick the last 2 weeks and I have had to use a couple days sick leave. Stupid me I thought I could use PTO for being SICK. Well enough venting. ...

TTD Pay Days
May 19, 2012

Can someone tell me how often they pay?  Is it monthly? Every 2 weeks? When is their next payday?  TIA ...

16 Days.
May 31, 2012

We are always being told we have 24 hours to respond to emails from our leads and managers, just wish they had to show us the same respect.  I asked 1 simple question about an error.  I didn't even bother to refute it, just wanted an answer and it took 16 days after 2 reminders.  Thank you Debra.  I appreciate your promptness.  I will show you the same respect when you want something from me.  ...

OOW Two Days In A Row!!!
Jun 06, 2014

OOW again at the start of my shift!! What the h@##@!   Does anyone know if you can collect partial unemployment without taking PTO?  I have never collected but seriously thinking about it. ...

4 More Days To Go
Nov 13, 2014

and I so don't want to show up for any of those days. ...

10 More Days
Jan 08, 2015

I have 10 more days of transcription then I am done.  First let me thank Jesus for getting me out of this misery.  I've been a transcriptionist for almost 20 years, back in the day with cassetts, C-phones, good pay, communication between the doctors and the transcriptionst, respect, over-time pay, holidays off, etc.  You know, I actually had life outside of transcription  I found a job doing medical assisting in a doctor's office and I am so looking forward to havi ...

It's Just One Of Those Days...
Mar 15, 2015

When a doctor dictates a 40-minute job where he took several 5-10 minute pauses, and kept repeating himself, so the job ended up being only a few lines. And the next doctor kept saying "correction" every other sentence, most of the time not making it clear what he wanted corrected. ...

You Every Have One Of Those Days
Jun 11, 2015

when by the end of your shift, and sometimes after your first report, where even hearing the best dictator breathing in the mic is irritating?!?!  ...

Good Ol' Days
Oct 29, 2009

Remember the good old days, when we worked either in a transcription pool, the medical records department or at a doctor's office?  I was trying to figure out what a doctor was saying in a report and dreading leaving a QA marker for fear of "points"... I remember going to hunt down the doctors in the old days, sitting down to have conversations with them. They would help us fill in the blanks and mostly apologize for not speaking clearly (at least they did at the hospital where I ...