A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Professional Medical Records? Any info please! nm - anon

Posted: Nov 26, 2012

nm

Says IC status but everything screams employee - status.

[ In Reply To ..]
They want what they want, but try to avoid taxes.

I would be interested, too, from someone recently working there. - not what I can read from the ad please. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Bad feeling about these people - BB

[ In Reply To ..]
"During scheduled working hours, the priority is the job, not personal engagements." Now, is that really necessary? Not only must we be under paid, must we be treated like idiots? Also, why don't they just say what they pay rather than "we pay well." I'll bet they don't if it is such a secret.

The website looks kind of thrown together. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I would try to find out more about this company especially if they ask you to test on their "live" system. Some of these companies put ads to get some free work done. I checked out the FB page and there are only 11 likes and a few pics by the owner but nothing else??? No happy MTs flocking to FB to report what a nice company they work for? I personally have never heard of the place and googling brings up manta and yellow page pages with no reviews at all; almost like it's a brand new company or something. I don't know.... I would be anxious to see if others respond that currently work for her.

I also agree it is kind of unprofessional to put things like "work comes first, not your personal engagements." Obviously this lady likes to be in control and isn't afraid to state it. First impressions are lasting ones, and that kind of applies to everyone.

Good luck!

Worked for her years ago, and friends have recently (local company) sm - Tired of typin

[ In Reply To ..]
We always called her Susan the snake. She doesn't pay much and left a "bad taste in our mouths."

Similar Messages:

Medical Records Info Sold On The Internet
Jun 19, 2013

On the Los Angeles news tonight. ...

Anyone Know Of Professional Medical Transcription, INC
Sep 14, 2014

Have searched everywhere on this company but have found nothing but job opportunities.  Anyone know anything?  Are they good to work with?  Pay scale?  Thank you ...

Professional Medical Transcription, INC
Sep 16, 2014

I have searched archives, not finding anything.  Does anyone have any information on PMT please?  Thank you. ...

Encore Professional Medical Services
Aug 29, 2012

Any information on this company? Do they hire transcriptionists for their accounts or are they some sort of a medical employment agency?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much. ...

What Kind Of Changes Have Been Made To The Professional Standards In The Medical Transcription Indus
Jan 12, 2010

What kind of changes have been made to the professional standards in the medical transcription industry? ...

Medical Records Tech Job
Aug 01, 2010

A local hospital is hiring a medical records tech. For experience, all they ask is basic computer experience, knowledge of medical terminology, and a h.s. diploma.  Hmmmmm...I've had the terminology certificate for a year, plus a completion certificate for MT and several specialty certs, and I passed the RMT exam. Think I ought to take a shot at this even though I have no prior experience with filing, records, etc.? ...

Anybody Out There Medical Records Reviewer?
Jun 25, 2011

I've heard something recently about this and just wondering if it is a good parallel to MTing and if the pay is better?  ...

CHECK YOUR MEDICAL RECORDS!!
May 07, 2012

I would advise EVERYONE to get a copy of their medical records and view them.  I had to get copies from my  PCP (cost me $15.00, but worth it), and I found soooo many mistakes. Some I know were the MT's, but most were the doctor's mistakes.  For instance, they had under my family history in the last year of mother having diabetes.  My mother NEVER had diabetes, and don't know where they even got that at, as I found earlier in my file my family history, which wa ...

What Are Electronic Medical Records?
Sep 13, 2012

Would anyone who does EMR editing be willing to share their experiences with me?  Is EMR editing enjoyable, how does it compare to traditional QA editing, what does the job entail, etc? Thank you! ...

MT To Medical Records Clerk
Sep 26, 2012

Anyone go from being an MT to a Medical Records Clerk at a hospital? I was thinking with my experience in transcribing medical records and being familiar with the terminology and HIPPA, an MT would be a good candidate. Any thoughts on this? ...

What Is Electronic Medical Records?
Jun 27, 2013

What is electronic medical records?  Goodwill is teaching a 3 month class starting soon.  I have heard about a government mandated thing that doctors have to go electronic by Jan. 2014, but not much more than that.  I know someone could shed some light.  I am thinking of taking the class, but don't know if it would be worth it.  Although, I think I could sleep through the medical transcription portions, LOL. ...

NSA Uncrypts Medical Records Too
Sep 13, 2013

Article from The Guardian. ...

Medical Records Clerk
Sep 27, 2014

Hi all, I have a job interview for a position as medical records clerk in an orthopedic center. I quit MT about 3 years ago and did a few things that didn't work out, and now I have an opportunity to interview for a medical records clerk. I had sent them a resume, most of which was transcription, and they called me to come in and see them. Does anyone know if I can transition to it that easily? My friends all think that just because I know medical terminology, that I can just trans ...

Watch Your Medical Records
Jan 14, 2015

Since Septemer 2014, every visit with every provider has gone like this. 1) The medical assistant types into my record. 2) The provider types into my record. At the end of my visit, they hand me the summary of my visit that day. It goes like this 1) The medications are mostly right although some are wrong and way wrong. 2) My age is off by 10 years at one facility and they 'cannot correct it.' 3) My height and weight are off a whole lot at another facility and they 'cannot c ...

Hospital Medical Records Department
Nov 14, 2009

With HIPAA regulations tightening on who can get a carbon copy of a patient's medical record, MTs should NOT have the responsibility of sending any carbon copies at all.  All carbon copy requests for a patient's records should go directly to the hospital's medical records dept for a signed release verification from the patient for that copy to be sent.  Reports being sent from any outside provider without the proper signed release from the patient should be consider ...

What Is The Status Of Electronic Medical Records
Dec 28, 2010

what is the status of EMR...is it going to impact MT industry ...

Question About HIPPA And Medical Records
Apr 15, 2011

My husband's father had a brain tumor many years ago (back when I first started dating him) and had surgery.  Unfortunately, the surgeon never stopped the bleeding completely before closing him up and waited too long to take him back to the OR, so he remained in a coma for numerous months until he passed away.  My husband's mother many years later also passed away.  My husband is starting to have periods of extreme forgetfullness and completely not remembering something ...

Electronic Medical Records Came In And We Were Immediately Out Of A Job
Jul 26, 2012

I don't see much talk about EMR taking over the MTs job.  This has happened to me with my last three companies (small transcription companies) that I have worked for.  With my last job we had an account with a large hospital that had a cardiology group we transcribed for.  EMR came in and we were immediately out of a job.  Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience...pretty much sucks  ...

Medical Records Field Technician Ad
Apr 17, 2013

Did anyone else question that advertisement?  First, they say that you can work at their locations, then later on they say that the candidates need to have internt access, that does not make sense.  Also, the list of people they consider good candidates does not make sense.  Coders and RNs to scan records?  I'm not saying it's beneath them, but it's just seems a little strange that they would seek those type of people (as well as some others on the list) for an ...

I Was An Employee And Worked In Medical Records
May 02, 2013

Hi I am a bit worried.  I had to be put out of work, and probably for a while, because of hip and knee problems that are causing me so much pain that I can hardly walk and I cannot sit for long before my hip and back are killing me.  Thing is, I have "been with the company for only 9 months" so I do not qualify for family leave act. Does anyone know if they are quick to fire you if you file under the other:  ADA Qualifying Impairment.  I was a "bring over" from another company, but they a ...

Petition To BAN Outsourcing Medical Records
Aug 23, 2013

http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/ban-the-outsourcing-of.fb29?source=s.fb&r_by=6200837  We have 779 signatures...new goal of 1000!  Please join us. ...

Has Anyone Heard Of Epic Medical Records? Saw Their Ad On CL.
Mar 06, 2014

Curious. Thanks! ...

Why So Upset About Med Records Going OS? Your Financial Info,
Dec 22, 2010

someone know I had a runny nose than know what my financial status is. ...

Electronic Medical Records Become Very Hot Since They Will Become Mandatory By 2014
Dec 22, 2009

How many amongst you have used any of the popular EMRs like practice partner(http://www.practicepartner.com),infraware (www.infraware.com). EMRs have suddenly become very hot since they will become mandatory by 2014. I had read some where that there are some security issues with them.What do you think are pros and cons with EMRs?     ...

HIPAA Violation? I Requested My Medical Records
May 27, 2010

and paid to have them sent to me.  The last 20 pages were someone else's medical record.  I called the records dept and told the clerk, and she acted like it was no big deal and could I bring them back?  At first, I just wanted the extra 5 bux back that I paid for these (5 bux per 20 pages is what they charge).  Then I wondered if someone else got a part of MY medical record?  She assured me not.  This really sounds like a big fat HIPAA violation and I think th ...

Obama Is Really Pushing Electronic Medical Records
Jul 30, 2011

I have heard and read that Obama is really pushing the EMR, and by the year 2014, he wants all hospitals/clinics to implement this or else be taxed. He also is supposed to be offering grants and incentives if they do also. So any hospital or physician office that doesn't will be taxed more and will not get incentives, grants, etc. So I think most will try it cause they don't want more taxes and want the incentives, etc. So where does that leave us? If you work for a hospital, what ...

Transcribing Directly Into Electronic Medical Records
Oct 24, 2011

Anyone out there transcribing directly into EMR?  I'm wondering about using text expanders in EMR and, how are you counting lines in EMR?  Or do you know of anywhere that addresses these issues?  Thanks! ...

Electronic Medical Records And HIPAA Compliance
Nov 30, 2011

My sister has recently taken on the task of medical record compliance at her husband's dental office.  They are electronic (just going that way), and she is trying to be HIPAA compliant.  I know this doesn't concern transcription, but I though maybe someone has an MR person in their office who could direct her to a blog, or website where she could get information.  Thanks! ...

Cypress Medical Records Summarizer Testing
Jul 11, 2012

I'm wondering if anyone has actually done the testing for this company/job (for medical records summarizer).  I applied and they sent me a packet and a test.  They want me to review 45 pages of medical records and summarize it!  This is all sketchy to me.  They have an AOL email address, no company info, nothing.  Not sure if this is a scam or what. ...

Electronic Medical Records Will Be Forced Onto Doctors
Aug 03, 2012

The family practice I go to is using this. The doctor asks questions and constantly inputs into his PC tablet as we speak. Its not looking good for the MT field. Anyone else worried? I worked on a project transferring hospital charts from Legacy to Epic. Once they were done with using us for that project, we were let go with no notice. Just thinking my time is running out and I need to get to medical coding school fast! Then I am worried will medical coding too be forced onto the doctors ...