A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OmniMD left voice mail; never heard of them - sm

Posted: May 08, 2015

Voice mail left on my home phone as follows:  "Hello (my name).  I'm calling you about medical transcription.  Call back if you're interested." 

No company name mentioned at all.  No phone number left.  I wouldn't even know the phone number if I didn't have caller ID. She had a thick Indian accent.

Google says it's OmniMD.  Anyone heard of them?

stay away is my opinion - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
...could be a scam!

It's suspicious sounding. I'm the OP - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Per their website, they started out as a medical transcription, then went to online practice mgmt, coding, and EHR. They sound pretty impressive, and their American office is in NJ. Their owner is Divan Dave. He's pretty prestigious in the entrepreneurial world, apparently.

http://www.divandave.com/page/3/

I might return the call just to see what they're all about. I'll know if they're a scam when I talk to them.

Indian owned and run - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Use Our Collective Voice To Be Heard
Jun 16, 2013

Remember when police would use "Blue Days" with mass numbers calling in on a given day to make their voice heard?  MTs have been "divided and conquered" because of the very nature of our job - sitting at home isolated in indivudal offices.  What kind of impact would it have on Nuance and other companies of their kind if half of their work force was "sick" on a given day?  Just a thought, sisters and brothers.  We will continue to be mistreated and discounted until we find our ...

OmniMD
Feb 14, 2015

Does anyone work for or know anything about OmniMD?       ...

So How Many Of Us Are Left, Who Haven't Heard Either Way ...
Mar 20, 2014

... besides me? ...

Ophthalmus On The Left With Slight Ptosis On The Left Secondary To *metrofeed* Left Eye Globe? Thank
Aug 31, 2010

nm ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

Left Double *clocking* System In The Left Kidney Repaired. Thanks. Nm
Jan 19, 2010

nm ...

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Electroencephalogram: Left Temporal Focal Slowing In The 6 Hz Range With Left Temporal Sharp Transie
Apr 18, 2010

nm ...

Preop Diagnosis Is S/l"kay-less" Foot Left. The Procedure Is Left S/l "cold" Mid
May 26, 2010

left calcaneal osteotomy.  ...

Voice
Dec 14, 2009

I do not believe I have ever seen this problem, but I do not read all the time.  On VR reports it seems my foot pedal gets stuck or some such thing.  I tap it all over the place.  The voice will not move.  It eventually does, but it seems to be getting worse.  I called a few weeks ago and they have never heard of it and I even talked to a tech who did a scan on my computer ( which took 20 precious minutes).  I need some idea what is the problem when I talk to them a ...

Voice Rec
Mar 09, 2012

How hard is it and how long does it take to make at least the same amount of money or equal what you're making (at least) while training on voice rec?  In other words I'm terrified of having to start on voice rec and at 3 or 4 cpl it seems I will be making half of what I already am trying to survive on.  any feedback? ...

Voice Clarity
Nov 07, 2009

I'm about to throw my compuer out the window!!!  I've had such poor voice quality today's dictations.  To make matters worse, they all seem to be on hyperspeed and eatting lunch.  I'm having to listen over and over just to get the ADT screen filled out.  Can't make out the doctor's name half the time and when I finally get out of ADT, the report itself is taking like 3-4 times longer than it should because of the sound quality.  I& ...

VR (voice Recognition) Pay
Feb 22, 2010

I just saw an ad on line for 03 for VR for IC.  Isn't that low?  I've never done VR so I am curious.   Thank you. ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

Voice Recognition Pay
Jun 02, 2011

I'm infuriated that the quota to keep benefits is the same as it was before voice recognition.   I'm KILLING myself to try to keep up to maintain health insurance and just can't do it.  With 96% plus voice recognition reports and half pay from straight typing, I'm losing health care benefits.  SO UNFAIR!!! ...

(voice Recognition) VR Pay
Sep 26, 2011

Have to learn VR soon.  What if a report comes to you and there were no corrections to be made, does MT still get paid for the lines on the report or do you only get paid for straight typing and then if report has errors you just get paid for those corrections.  Never done VR before and for some reason they make it sound so easy.   ...

Bayscribe And Voice Bar
Oct 01, 2011

Im new on Bayscribe and this accounts have a  lot of ESLs.   There are lots of times I need to go to the very beginning of a report to proof it   Is there a keyboard command I can use instead of having to wait for it to rewind or using the mouse.  Its driving me crazy.... ...

Cs.net/voice Script
Nov 22, 2011

Anyone know anything about or used cs.net, voice script? ...

Cs.net, Voice Script
Jan 16, 2012

Can someone tell me what kind of software/platform this is?  TIA ...

You Know It Isn't Just The Voice That Has Caused Sm
Mar 27, 2012

a pay cut for the Q employees!  Those of us who have been here a while remember getting paid for phone, internet and just in the last year some got pay cuts bedcause they won't pay over 10 cpl for transcription and 6 cpl for ASR.    There are other pay cuts that happened and they just relate to the Q.  I remember getting bonuses for over 10,000 lines in a pay period and it went up from there to where 8 years ago I was getting paid 11-1/2 cpl because I did 17,000 lines ...

Voice Wreck For Sure
Jul 17, 2012

What's with voice rec when most of the file is full of words that are not what the dictator says. I have to type more than edit on these reports. It seems to me it should be put in the straight type pool. It is hard to concentrate on these kinds of files and do a good job. ...

360 Voice Recognition
Jun 07, 2013

For those of you who have had to make the switch to 360 VR, how is working for you? Our doctors are starting it this month and of course we are hoping it doesn't go well because we want to keep our jobs as is!  I'm anxious to hear how it's going. Thanks! ...

Is Everything Voice Recognition Now (sm)
Jan 16, 2014

Is everything with M*Modal now voice recognition?  I'm in an area that until now has been doing regular transcription but am just realizing my area is going to be VR in the very near future.  What little VR I have done I suck at.  I can't afford to be paid less than half of what I am making now so I figure I'll be filing for bankruptcy very soon.  How does anyone make money with VR?  Is there a trick to it that anyone could provide?  I sure could ...

Voice Changing
Dec 09, 2014

Does anyone know of any software available where we can change the voice on incoming sound files? I know there is software to change my voice if I am speaking, but am not aware of any for changing playback, other than to change the speed. ...

New To Voice Recognition....sm
Dec 17, 2014

Could someone please tell me what constitutes "well-trained" speech recognition?  How many corrections, generally, per line would be considered "good?"  Can improvement in speech recognition ever be seen? I am working on Escription, if that makes any difference. Thanks! ...

Digital Voice Recorders?
Oct 15, 2009

doc finally breaking down and willing to go to digital recorder - any recommendations please. ...

How Do You Do Voice Recognition Editing?
Oct 31, 2009

Hi:  I worked as an IC for 15 years and then went to work at a hospital for nine years.  There have been layoffs where I work, and I think I will be included in the next round.  I started looking around for jobs at a service again and was shocked to find out how much things have changed.   Now, most of the services do a combination of transcription and voice recognition editing (I had no idea). Can somebody tell me something about VR editing?  How is it done?&nbs ...

Voice Recognition Going Low Rates
Jan 23, 2010

For those using VR or ASR at the going low rates today, do you feel on a fairly difficult account you can make the same amount of money as doing straight transcription.  This is using the DQS system.  ...

Voice Systems Info
Mar 18, 2010

Anyone out there have any info on Voice Systems?  How is the owner?  Does she look at you as just another number? Pay? Any info greatly appreciated.  Thanks. ...