A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

You know it isn't just the voice that has caused sm - mqmt

Posted: Mar 27, 2012

a pay cut for the Q employees!  Those of us who have been here a while remember getting paid for phone, internet and just in the last year some got pay cuts bedcause they won't pay over 10 cpl for transcription and 6 cpl for ASR. 

There are other pay cuts that happened and they just relate to the Q.  I remember getting bonuses for over 10,000 lines in a pay period and it went up from there to where 8 years ago I was getting paid 11-1/2 cpl because I did 17,000 lines in a pay period.  Those are the type of cuts we lost out on.

I am sure the other MTSOs cut their pay accordingly but when I asked ole CEO, not Vern, why the pay cut and his response was "it was in accordance to the industry." 

I also asked him if he could live on a pay cut as well and of course I got no answer!

Ok I'm off my soap box now, just had to give my 2 cents!

absolutely - extras

[ In Reply To ..]
I also had internet and phone reimbursement. The bonuses in my area were type 500, get 100 free, so if you did 1500 lines, you got 300 free. I also made 2 cpl extra to work on weekends. I wanted to work weekends, not being forced (like now) at the same rate as a weekday. It was so easy to make $250 on a Saturday and another $250 on a Sunday.

I have a hard time adapting to the lower rate for ASR beacuse it is too time consuming and I make less than half what I make typing. I will not work a bonus weekend anymore because I struggle just to get the target line rate, let alone extra, and every time there is a bonus weekend, the line count raises.

I would work a weekend if they would allow me to type, take away the ASR rate and just let me type.

There is no going back, it is over and I know the newbies dont understand, but it used to be so good.

Why do you assume everyone is a newbie? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Has it ever occured to any of you that maybe we were outsourced into whole company business? Many of us who had wonderful, stable jobs with great insurance and awsome pay; incentive included.

Perfect example of the above post. Hospitals cutting costs, so its cheaper to outsource and get rid of an entire dept, not have to worry about insurance costs or labor costs.

The bottom line is I dont know any business that IS NOT trying to cut costs these days. Be it transcription or whatever field people work in. It is the reality of the world we live in right now.

Take a look at the big picture, there is a whole world out there besides just MedQuist.

Nobody likes pay cuts, but in case you all have - forgotten - The United States has

[ In Reply To ..]
been in a recession for the past couple years. Economically the entire workforce has been affected in some form or fashion.

The days of bonuses and incentives are missed by many. It does'nt just apply to MTs in general. Turn on the news and you'll find out fast how bad things are out there, the number of people unemployed, highly educated individuals who have no job or who have lost jobs. Its bad every where, not just the MT business. And you all here speak of one company, a company that does not even begin to mirrior how hard times are for everyone in the workforce these days.

Also, I am not sure why your pay was cut from 10cpl and 6cpl. I know from personal experience that is not the case. I do talk to a couple people who work for MModal, very good MTs who still make just that. I'm not saying its great, but I am saying it could be worse.

You are so right, it could be worse! sm - mqmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Also I did not get a pay cut as I make 6 cpl and 9 cpl ASR and straight typing respectively. However, my sister-in-law was making over 10 and 6 and she got a pay cut down to 10 and 6 because they cut the pay for most of us.

I realize there are a lot of problems with pay all over the US. I know it is not just the Q. I am not oblivious to what is happening around me. I was only speaking about how we who have worked for the Q for a while have seen things taken away.

Corporate America is to blame and the bottom line is money. Management only cares about what they can make salary wise and don't care about those of us who pay their salaries.

Also the outsourcing of jobs (not just our's) has caused a lot of pay cuts and out of work circumstances for the American people. A lot of factors do come into play. However, I was only talking about the Q. Sorry you didn't understand that!

No maybe you dont understand that it's a - National problem, not just

[ In Reply To ..]
in your little world.
I understand it is a national problem sm - mqmt
[ In Reply To ..]
You are not hearing that I am just commenting on the Q. This was the only point I wanted to make. I did not want to make this a national or global for that matter statement. Again that does not make me oblivous to what is going on around the world. I am concerned about other people but this statement was not about my concern about others only about what the Q has done to those of us who have been there a while.
MQMT, that's the point I was trying to - make last night
[ In Reply To ..]
with my statement below about MQ starting the whole domino effect. I got "dared" to find another job that paid as much, and told it was not must M*Modal, it was nationwide. WTF? That was my whole point. Speaking of oblivious...they are not hearing or just not wanting to hear what you are saying. But like I said last night, once we older MTs are gone, the ones "just happy to have a job" will be happy to work for peanuts since they won't know anything different.

You need to re-read the post - Just Sayin

[ In Reply To ..]
I like how people always come back at the original poster with something they didn't even say. She didn't say her pay was cut from 10 and 6 cpl, it was cut to that amount. You may very well know people that make that, because that is the cut-off. that is all the other poster said. Read it right before responding.

Other news flash. Our pay was being cut WAY before the recession. It didn't have anything to do with the recent recession. And the reason why we speak of ONE company is because, yes, this is the ONE company that we work for which is affecting our lives.

Just the facts, maam.

You seem to be very popular with this - "Re-read the msg"

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you should "take a look at the big picture" before you tell people to re-read messages.

I'm sure everyone understood exactly that she was trying to say, but that does not change the fact that everyone views things from different perspectives.

You all do more griping and complaining and when someone disagrees with you or gives their take on the situation, they are either, newbies, suits, or whatever.

You are the most miserable group of people I have observed in all my days. There was a thread here a few weeks ago telling those who are bitter, angry, and miserable to leave.

I agree. Why do you stay at a place that makes you so unhappy? You frequent these boards day in and day out trying to get people to jump on your band-wagon.

Be proactive and get up and do something with yourselves if you are that unhappy, dont try to drag others down with you or force people to agree with you.
Maybe you should take a reading - Just Sayin
[ In Reply To ..]
comprehension course, if you are the other poster, because obviously you need it. Either way, I have not posted on here for at least a year, so don't tell me about griping and complaining, if someone disagrees with you, blah, blah, blah. You don't even know who you're talking to. I frequent these boards day in and day out? Wow, you couldn't be more wrong.

Also, maybe you should practice what you preach "take a look at the big picture." Maybe there are some people who can't just get up and leave, maybe they are looking and haven't found anything yet. That doesn't change the fact that MQ or MModal hasn't mistreated their MTs, and those people have every right to feel that way.

If you don't like those type of posts, don't read them!
This board and all the negative-nancy's has - run its course with me
[ In Reply To ..]
Im out of here.
Open Your Own Eyes - Alias
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks "Oh Righteous One" for helping the unenlightened MTs to see how unjustified our anger is through your own angry eyes toward us. I bow to you and your all-knowing attitude. Maybe I'll grow up to be just like you one day.....not!!

Yep pay cuts abound - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
I've mentioned before that my husband's company (including the CIO-more in a second) took a 20% PERMANENT pay cut a few years ago. If your supervisor/team lead did not code your job correctly, it could be more (a few have had up to 50% PERMANENT cuts and that's a huge thing to most). The CIO may have also taking the SALARY cut but not his bonus which fries me at times, but he answers to stockholders--not to employees.

Personally I have (knock on wood) not made LESS than I did years ago, but I have not significantly increased either with the rate of inflation.

I do think there was a time where transcriptionists made a lot of money with bonuses and what not, but I think due to the recession AND the over saturation of the market with "work at home" promises have AND the fact we are more isolated than if we were in-house, makes it a triple threat I guess?

For me it beats working out of the house where I have to look nicer, drive, rush, and then hope my hours are the same the next week. I'm talking about retail work though as most of my friends laid off with office/clerical type stuff have yet to find permanent jobs paying what they made. My best friend had to take a $15K pay cut and when you make $40K a year as the sole bread winner in a large city, that's a lot.

I made more money when they were caught - stealing lines from us

[ In Reply To ..]
just saying..and when I started to consistently get into the bonus range, my accounts were switched to slow me down.

so true - made more when then stole

[ In Reply To ..]
sad truth.

Why are you still working for a company you - claim stole from you?

[ In Reply To ..]
the stuff I read here is unbelievable.

not a claim... they were found guilty of stealing lines - google MQ lawsuits

[ In Reply To ..]
People are so oblivious.
But still... - AnonToo
[ In Reply To ..]
Why continue to work for a place you can't trust and do not like? I have left places for less.
cause what else is out there? - same same same same
[ In Reply To ..]
They are all the same, so you stay with the giant or move to the exact same garbage somewhere else and risk being bought out (again) by the giant.
If I felt that way I'd change industries - AnonToo
[ In Reply To ..]
I agree they are all very similar (although I've had problems more with small MTSOs than a national), but if I disliked it so much that it really made me angry enough to vent so often (and I'm not saying YOU are doing this as this board really has zero accountability as far as posters) I'd changed industries or at least move to something else in medical. Maybe it's just me but I do think of this as my career, but in the end it does NOT define me and if I was angry all the time.....I'd have to say I'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Similar Messages:

Confusion Caused By....
May 20, 2011

Press?   Delirium caused by Press?   ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Dysphagia Caused By S/l Sclurldomacra Syndrome
May 14, 2010

The patient felt something was stuck in her esophagus.  The patient has history of s/kl sclurlodmacra syndome and she has had history of recurrent dysphagia in the past. I've got no clue on this. Anyone know? ...

All This Lay Off Talk Caused A Big Stir, Maybe That Is What The OP Wanted
Apr 04, 2013

Anyone ever think that could have been a ploy just to stir the pot and see what response they get here? Some people get their jollies in doing that. Look at the commotion and fear it has caused. Seems to have done the trick ...

It May Be People Like Turning Worm Who Caused MQ To React And Lay Off For Fear Sm
Apr 04, 2013

of a possible class action lawsuit. If you started taking things to the Labor Board you can bet MQ will be forced to let go of people. I'm not saying MM is not to blame because I DO believe they are sending 80% of the work to India for cheap labor and to avoid excessive taxes. They have a right to do that. MM provided work to American workers to provide some with jobs, not to make a profit. It's expensive to employ American MTs thanks to the US Govt, but that's for another day.&nb ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

Voice
Dec 14, 2009

I do not believe I have ever seen this problem, but I do not read all the time.  On VR reports it seems my foot pedal gets stuck or some such thing.  I tap it all over the place.  The voice will not move.  It eventually does, but it seems to be getting worse.  I called a few weeks ago and they have never heard of it and I even talked to a tech who did a scan on my computer ( which took 20 precious minutes).  I need some idea what is the problem when I talk to them a ...

Voice Rec
Mar 09, 2012

How hard is it and how long does it take to make at least the same amount of money or equal what you're making (at least) while training on voice rec?  In other words I'm terrified of having to start on voice rec and at 3 or 4 cpl it seems I will be making half of what I already am trying to survive on.  any feedback? ...

Voice Clarity
Nov 07, 2009

I'm about to throw my compuer out the window!!!  I've had such poor voice quality today's dictations.  To make matters worse, they all seem to be on hyperspeed and eatting lunch.  I'm having to listen over and over just to get the ADT screen filled out.  Can't make out the doctor's name half the time and when I finally get out of ADT, the report itself is taking like 3-4 times longer than it should because of the sound quality.  I& ...

VR (voice Recognition) Pay
Feb 22, 2010

I just saw an ad on line for 03 for VR for IC.  Isn't that low?  I've never done VR so I am curious.   Thank you. ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

Voice Recognition Pay
Jun 02, 2011

I'm infuriated that the quota to keep benefits is the same as it was before voice recognition.   I'm KILLING myself to try to keep up to maintain health insurance and just can't do it.  With 96% plus voice recognition reports and half pay from straight typing, I'm losing health care benefits.  SO UNFAIR!!! ...

(voice Recognition) VR Pay
Sep 26, 2011

Have to learn VR soon.  What if a report comes to you and there were no corrections to be made, does MT still get paid for the lines on the report or do you only get paid for straight typing and then if report has errors you just get paid for those corrections.  Never done VR before and for some reason they make it sound so easy.   ...

Bayscribe And Voice Bar
Oct 01, 2011

Im new on Bayscribe and this accounts have a  lot of ESLs.   There are lots of times I need to go to the very beginning of a report to proof it   Is there a keyboard command I can use instead of having to wait for it to rewind or using the mouse.  Its driving me crazy.... ...

Cs.net/voice Script
Nov 22, 2011

Anyone know anything about or used cs.net, voice script? ...

Cs.net, Voice Script
Jan 16, 2012

Can someone tell me what kind of software/platform this is?  TIA ...

Voice Wreck For Sure
Jul 17, 2012

What's with voice rec when most of the file is full of words that are not what the dictator says. I have to type more than edit on these reports. It seems to me it should be put in the straight type pool. It is hard to concentrate on these kinds of files and do a good job. ...

360 Voice Recognition
Jun 07, 2013

For those of you who have had to make the switch to 360 VR, how is working for you? Our doctors are starting it this month and of course we are hoping it doesn't go well because we want to keep our jobs as is!  I'm anxious to hear how it's going. Thanks! ...

Is Everything Voice Recognition Now (sm)
Jan 16, 2014

Is everything with M*Modal now voice recognition?  I'm in an area that until now has been doing regular transcription but am just realizing my area is going to be VR in the very near future.  What little VR I have done I suck at.  I can't afford to be paid less than half of what I am making now so I figure I'll be filing for bankruptcy very soon.  How does anyone make money with VR?  Is there a trick to it that anyone could provide?  I sure could ...

Voice Changing
Dec 09, 2014

Does anyone know of any software available where we can change the voice on incoming sound files? I know there is software to change my voice if I am speaking, but am not aware of any for changing playback, other than to change the speed. ...

New To Voice Recognition....sm
Dec 17, 2014

Could someone please tell me what constitutes "well-trained" speech recognition?  How many corrections, generally, per line would be considered "good?"  Can improvement in speech recognition ever be seen? I am working on Escription, if that makes any difference. Thanks! ...

Digital Voice Recorders?
Oct 15, 2009

doc finally breaking down and willing to go to digital recorder - any recommendations please. ...

How Do You Do Voice Recognition Editing?
Oct 31, 2009

Hi:  I worked as an IC for 15 years and then went to work at a hospital for nine years.  There have been layoffs where I work, and I think I will be included in the next round.  I started looking around for jobs at a service again and was shocked to find out how much things have changed.   Now, most of the services do a combination of transcription and voice recognition editing (I had no idea). Can somebody tell me something about VR editing?  How is it done?&nbs ...

Voice Recognition Going Low Rates
Jan 23, 2010

For those using VR or ASR at the going low rates today, do you feel on a fairly difficult account you can make the same amount of money as doing straight transcription.  This is using the DQS system.  ...

Voice Systems Info
Mar 18, 2010

Anyone out there have any info on Voice Systems?  How is the owner?  Does she look at you as just another number? Pay? Any info greatly appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Voice Recognition In India
Mar 26, 2010

I'm curious about something and maybe somebody out there knows the answer to this question.  Do the transcriptionists in India do voice recognition or are they regular transcriptionists. In my mind I thin this is what happened to the transcription profession.  Someone thought that if we can get the work done cheaper in India then we should go there.  However those girls won't have as much terminology as the ones here in the states so if we go to voice recognition that w ...

ChartScript.net Voice Files
May 25, 2010

Does anyone get a error like this in Chartscript.net?  "Voice file failed to load.  Object does not support this property or method."  I need help fixing it.  Thank you! ...

Voice File Programs
Jul 23, 2010

Is there a program out there that I can purchase other than Express Scribe that would make it easier for me to adjust things on so that I can hear the file a little better? Thank you ...

Muffled Voice When Transcribing
Sep 16, 2010

Does anyone know what the solution is to muffled voice when trascribing microcassette tapes on a Dictaphone transcriber?  I start to type and it sounds good for 1-2 seconds, then it gets muffled. I stop and then start again and it does the same thing; good for 1-2 seconds, then muffled.  This is driving me crazy.  I have had the transcriber serviced and tried many brands of recorders for the doctors and nothing seems to work. Please, if you have had this problem and now how to fix ...

M Modal Voice Recognition
Sep 24, 2010

The company that I am working for is going to go with M Modal VR.  I currently use ChartNet and they are switching to VR.  I have never done this type of transcription before.   For those of you who use it, is it that hard to learn?  I am at this point so tired of learning new programs and I only wish I could retire now.  MT is not what it used to be and I used to love transcription, but I am at this point just burnt out.  I used to make good money working ...