A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OTI Hiring - Need Info - Wondering

Posted: Jun 08, 2011

I just saw the ad listed here about OTI hiring.  I understand it is IC status.  Are weekends required?  Anybody know the cpl with 15 years of experience?  What about work load?  It states "consistent," but wonder if those who are currently working there can confirm. 

THANKS!

Oracle/OTI - anonymous

[ In Reply To ..]
Go to their website and read their history. Although I had considered working for this company, this reads as way to cutesy and not professional at all. You will also note that they do not list the full names of any CEOs, president, or contact people for the company. It just feels like they are tooting a bigger horn than they really are.

Of note, here and on other sites, the reports are that they do not have enough work, but they are flexible with your schedule. I would not consider that "consistent."

OTI ads - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
Interesting that every time this company posts an ad on MT Stars, it only stays up for a very short time, then it disappears. What's with that? They've posted about 3 ads in the past couple of weeks and all of them were gone within a couple of hours.

Doesn't matter any more how much experience you have - sm - Jill

[ In Reply To ..]
Everyone everywhere in every company gets the standard 7-8 cents a line. They don't care if you are the best MT on the planet.

OTI Hiring - MumMum

[ In Reply To ..]
I was hired by OTI this week. They are IC status. The require that you work 2 hours on the weekend. This can be done in one day or split between Saturday and Sunday. I was told that the work is consistent, meaning that I will never sign in and have nothing to do. I think they're worth a shot or at the very least a phone call.

Never had a problem there - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
Been there since last Sept/Oct and have never had a problem with work flow, the people or pay. Others will have a different opinion, but I have not had any issues whatsoever with work or flexibility.

The only way you are going to sign in and NEVER be out of work.... - LONG-time OTIer

[ In Reply To ..]
is if they give you THE account and it only pays 8 cpl. If you get any other accounts added, you'll get 7 cpl. I promise you that there will be no raise in your future, EVER.

Similar Messages:

Amphion Is Hiring. Any Current Info On Them?
May 11, 2013

All the info in archives is old. Any new info? TIA. ...

Calif Transcription Riverside, CA- Any Info On This Company? Are They Hiring? TIA
Dec 07, 2009

nm ...

Info On Accentus US Ambulatory? Is It Associated With Nuance? Any Info Appreciated. NmNm
Feb 18, 2014

Xx ...

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFO ON GLOBAL INFO SYSTEMS (GIS)
Jan 10, 2010

Looking for information about Global Info Systems.  Can anyone telll me anythihng about them.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Have Info/work For Global Info In Texas???
Jul 04, 2012

Need to know any info ASAP on I think its called Global Info Systems or something like that out of Texas. Lots of clinic work, but low low line rate offered. Need to know about management, stability, VR reality, workload, response from tech support, etc. Also, are these clinics in India? Thanks for any help! ...

If You Can't Get Course Info Without Leaving Info So They Can Call/spam You
Sep 12, 2012

It isn't easy to get off some of the spam and phone call lists when you click for more information about some of these courses. I've found that for me, it isn't worth it to get that information if I am giving up my privacy. Some of these people are relentless! You can't get away from them once they get your information. There is one in particular that makes sure you hear from them every day in one form or another. They become your best friend, even if you weren't lookin ...

Any Info On GIS (Global Info Systems) Out Of TX? I
Jan 21, 2012

I applied for an MT position with them.  I don't see anything recent on the boards and wondered if they were a good company to work for.  TIA ...

Global Info Systems - Info?
Dec 13, 2012

I am testing with GIS this evening, does anyone have any information on this company. I am currently working with TTS, they do not even pay 4 CPL for editing. I feel like this business has become a legalized form of slavery. The only business where with over 10 years of experience, your pay goes down. ...

DSG - If They Are Hiring?
Jun 16, 2011

Anyone know if they are hiring? ...

SS Hiring Ad
Feb 04, 2011

Softscript hiring ad AGAIN - I had a total of 2 out of 4 days of work.  I am only part-time, but I wonder how the full-timers feel, if they are out of work and then see the hiring ad.  ...

Is DSG Still Hiring IC At All
Mar 20, 2011

Is DSG still hiring IC at all.  I see they have an ad for employees for MT. ...

HUH MQ Hiring?
Sep 05, 2011

WTF is going on?  I am no longer an MT, but I still care about a lot of people who are still TRYING to work at the Q.  Just popped over to mtjobs and the Q has an ad on there for MTs wishing to embark on a world class....etc.  It's unacceptable that the Q doesn't let anyone know what is going on at the MT level, starve out all the experienced ones they "acquired," then offshore to Inida and hire a bunch of newbies.  I don't have any idea what sort of game they ...

TTS Hiring Again?
Mar 06, 2012

I want to work a part time job to supplement my other part time job at Nuance because sometimes there is no work.  I see an opening at TTS but when reviewing posts about TTS it sounds like a bad place to work with incompetent recruiters and managers.  It seems 95% of the posts are bad regarding TTS.  I am leery about working for a company that keeps advertising for help, especially if it isn't a large one like Nuance or MQ.  Is this a good company where there is work or ...

TTD Hiring Again!
Jun 05, 2012

Why is this company advertising again? I don't get it?  ...

Anyone REALLY Hiring
Oct 05, 2012

Are any decent MTSOs actually hiring ICs... and I mean IC in the traditional meaning of the word; not locked into some arbitrary schedule design, but a daily line committment.  I have 10 years experience.  The company I was working for no longer has the account I was working on.  They have given me some pick up work here and there, but I can't live on $100 a week or less from odd jobs while they find something new and steady. They estimate it may take 60-90 days for that to h ...

Anyone Really Hiring?
Nov 16, 2012

Does any one know of a company that is TRULY hiring?   The small company I worked for no longer has the account I was.  They have nothing steady for me to do right now.  Christmas is coming and I have 5 kids and everything is going wrong (septic tore up, car tore up, etc.).   There are tons of posts for Nuance, Softscript, etc.... (tho I prefer a small company that actually cares about its MTs)  I apply, I test, I don't hear anything back.  I have 10 ...

TTS Hiring
Jan 31, 2013

How is TTS (Transcription, Technology & Support) to work for as far as enough work, QA, and overall being a reputable company?  I am guessing you do not make much money since it is all voice recognition.  Just curious, because it seems like they have an ad every day, sometimes twice a day, looking for 2nd shift MTs. ...

Is Anyone Hiring??
Feb 07, 2013

Holy cow! I have been an MT for about 4 years now. I am looking for a new job and have sent my resume EVERYWHERE! No calls, emails, or anyhthing. Is this industry going in the toilet completely now? ...

How Is It That They Are Hiring?
Feb 21, 2013

MM has ads placed as few as 12 hours ago, 1 day ago, etc., to hire MTs. I would like to respond to these ads and say "um, hello?! I already work for you...wanna throw some of that work my way?!" It's maddening! ...

Anybody Know If AHD Is Still Hiring?
Feb 27, 2014

Saw an ad by them from this past January and curious if positions are all filled at this time. Anybody know? ...

TransTech, If You're Hiring
Oct 13, 2009

some part-timers anyway, why not offer weekends to part-timers and offer some Mon-Fri shifts for the experienced full-time MTs you're trying to get.....  That's about the only way you're going to get many experienced quality MTs.  And there are always plenty of MTs looking for part-time weekend work as a 2nd job.  ...

Keystrokes Hiring?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm a bit confused with Keystrokes.  The ad they have placed here indicates wanting 40 people for new accounts, etc.  However, I just received an email about job openings for only 2 very heavy ESL 1-9 shifts.  I don't understand why they would have this ad and yet only be sending info about only the 2 jobs.  I'm in their DATABASE and am sent these emails according to what opens up.  I have not received anything about these supposed 40 j ...

If MedWare Is Hiring?
Nov 23, 2009

Does anyone know if MedWare is hiring?  I go to their web page and it say apply online but will not come up?!? ...

Now I Know Why Some Companies Are Always Hiring
Dec 18, 2009

. ...

How Do MTSOs Get Away With Hiring Only ICs.
Dec 17, 2009

Is this just a scam so that employers don't have to pay benefits and employer taxes?  I bet if there was an audit, most ICs and MTSOs would be in trouble for using that classification improperly, especially for the full-time positions. I even applied for a full-time secretarial job in a small law office recently, and was told I would be hired as a contractor with no benefits.  I was stunned and declined.  I need to check with the labor department to see if some of my concern ...

Keystrokes Is Hiring?
Dec 31, 2009

Does anybody know if Keystrokes is hiring?  I haven't seen any ads here for a while.  I wanted to put in a resume, but only if it would be actually looked at and not just thrown in a drawer.  I sent one to Transcend only to be told no openings available, and I'm going on their list.  I've been on this list for a few months now, despite the frequent job ads placed, and have yet to be notified about anything available.      ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?
Feb 04, 2010

Seems odd to me, but over on the other website, Sperhis is hiring.  Who would accept a position with them at this point? ...

Is MedTrans Really Hiring?
Feb 05, 2010

I see ads for Medtrans all over the internet for all different cities and you go to their website and it seems they are pushing you to take their course and then they will hire you.  I am just confused because I keep seeing the companies advertise for months, yet they seem to say "no" a lot.  I have 12 yrs experience in acute care, radiology, and clinic, and it's amazing to me how for some reason it seems impossible to pass these tests.  Is it just me?  ...

ETrans Plus - Are They Hiring?
Feb 18, 2010

Anyone work for this co? Are they hiring and do they have work? ...

Why Is Spheris Hiring?nm
Feb 23, 2010

nm ...