A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nuance/Focus buys Encompass! - oh no

Posted: Aug 08, 2010

Focus is an offshore company.  Another good company down the tubes. 

I give up - :(

[ In Reply To ..]
"Our medical transcriptionists and speech editors are employees, and all Encompass employees reside in the United States."

This is one of the main reasons I signed on with Encompass. The non-offshoring companies are becoming the minority, it seems. So much for my vaunted ideals of working for U.S.-only-based MTSOs. Now just waiting for Nuance to piddle down my back and tell me it's raining.

"Another American buyout! (Or sellout), brought to you - by, your friends at AHDI." Pehhhh....

[ In Reply To ..]

What does this have to do with AHDI?nm - how would you know?

[ In Reply To ..]
x
US-only MTSOs being bought by offshoring MTSOs: - AHDI pushing hard for ALL offshore, no U.S. (nm)
[ In Reply To ..]
XX
You have no idea what you are talking about - sm - me
[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for showing us your ignorance.
You really should do some more research...sm - Uh, really?
[ In Reply To ..]
Once you do that, you will find that a lot of the primaries in AHDI have definite offshore financial interests. Why do you think they have encouraged CMT testing for offshore MTs? And, furthermore, the MQ settlement last year was a GREAT example of AHDI's involvement. The settlement ALL went to AHDI, no matter whether each employee got anything from it or not! I know - I was one of those. Do your research, please, before bashing someone else for their knowledge!
This is simply not true. - nm
[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Great! I am so glad that they have such an - unprofessional recruiter

[ In Reply To ..]
About 2-1/2 years ago, I took the test, passed, was contacted and hired, then she said she would e-mail contract and schedule to sign and return, did that, but never heard from them again (even after multiple e-mails and phone calls).

Yippie! Finally something good happened to me! I could not see the reason back then, but am SO GRATEFUL NOW!!!!

NUANCE/FOCUS is NOT OFFSHORE. - kathyduck

[ In Reply To ..]
There is a US Operations that handles US MTs and onshore work. As an MT I never deal with offshore techs and/or their team at all. I enjoy working here and recommend to all. There is ALWAYS work.

Focus is NOT offshore - Sprite42

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked for Focus for the past 3 years. I only work under Onshore management on an Onshore team for Onshore accounts. They do have an offshore side, but we are never in contact with any of their tech support or management. I do have to say that Focus has come a long way with lots of improvements since coming under Nuance. There is something new and improved almost daily. Every company has it's downside and it is by no means perfect, but I love all the added perks we now have.

You mean your section is not off shore - Offshore/onshore

[ In Reply To ..]
To say that Focus is not off shore is incorrect. They are divided into divisions and the onshore people do not ever deal with the off shore people, but Focus is indeed off shore with a HUGE offshore contingent.

Exactly. Focus ppl who assume they are US-only - need to check themselves

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Well, we can now count on Encompass going into the toilet! - LongTyme MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Everything Nuance touches (including Focus) goes down the tubes!

REALLY? Check out Nuance website and check out their yearly $$. Doesn't appear to be going do - kathyduck

[ In Reply To ..]
Do your research before talking. Don't be such a hater - keep an open mind.

I wouldn't count on much change for Encompass - Setting the Record Straight

[ In Reply To ..]
The entire Encompass management staff is staying with Nuance's new transcription company and will continue to support Encompass clients and staff.

FOCUS did not buy Encompass, Nuance did. - Setting the Record Straight

[ In Reply To ..]
If you are going to post here, please make sure you are posting factual information.

Similar Messages:

Encompass/Nuance
Dec 07, 2010

I may be interviewing with them and would like information from anyone who currently works for them in regard to workload, line rates and benefits.  Feel free to send a private message if you want, thanks. ...

Focus/Nuance
Aug 01, 2010

Am going to test with them and had to read their preemployment skills assessment book - are they good to work for?  Are they extremely picky, I see a point system listed for errors...Punitive QA or helpful QA?  Flexible?  Pay decent? ...

So Done With Focus (Nuance)
Jan 17, 2011

I am a QC with Focus and I have to say, I am so sick of this company.  I have tried and tried to love them.  I have been with them for a long time and I stuck it out.  I tried.  No more.  My team lead is rude, unprofessional, constantly contradicting herself and just outright mean.  I am tired of editing India's work.  I work my rear off to get my line count (what I need to make) but over the last couple of months, that has been cut in half due to no work. ...

Focus/nuance Editors Out There?
Oct 13, 2009

Anyone out there work as an editor for focus infomatics/nuance?  Are you able to make decent money editing?  Thanks for any info. ...

Nuance/Focus Work
Mar 28, 2010

Can current Focus/Nuance MTs tell me what the workload and pay are like at Focus?  Good benefits?  Thanks. ...

Focus Nuance Infomatics
Jan 18, 2011

Can anyone give information on Focus.  I would love to hear from someone on their experiences with Focus?  I see old postings on this, but nothing as of recent.  Thanks for your help! ...

Can Someone Update Me On Focus/Nuance Insurance
Feb 27, 2011

They used to have decent and affordable medical insurance but I thought I heard in January the cost went up substantially.  Is this true? and if so, does anyone know how much it is now for individual and family? ...

Focus/Nuance Posting For Help From US MTSs?
Jul 04, 2011

?? They have a lot of accounts, yet offshore.  Don't get it.  ...

Any Positive Feedback On Focus Infomatics/Nuance?
Jun 30, 2010

Anyone work for Focus Infomtics in QA?  Been offered a job with them but have not accepted yet.  Thanks for any feedback. ...

Pssst..... Nuance Is "acquiring" Encompass.
Oct 19, 2010

It will be announced soon.  ...

The Q Buys JLG?
Sep 16, 2011

I wonder how that's going over down there? I can only surmise. ...

MQ Buys M*modal
Jul 11, 2011

for the worse, if that's possible! Anyone who thought they'd conquer VR and make money, MQ just shot you in the foot.    ...

MQ Buys JLG. How Many Companies Has MQ
Sep 16, 2011

"Chewed up and spat out" might be a better description. ...

When MQ Buys Out A New Company, Do They
Mar 16, 2012

My company was just bought last month, and suddenly all the higher ups are "resigning".  I would think they would have done that before accepting the new position, not after jumping through all the hoops and piles of paperwork to get hired, the miserable process of training on 10 different website logins, etc. None of them will admit it, but it sure seems like MQ is firing off everyone who doesn't make them money.  Is this the normal process?   ...

CBay Buys Spheris
Feb 03, 2010

Just curious, how do you guys (and gals) feel about the fact that CBay just purchased Spheris? ...

Looks Like A Done Deal, MQ Buys Spheris
Apr 15, 2010

http://nashville.bizjournals.com/nashville/stories/2010/04/12/daily31.html   MedQuist Inc. and its majority shareholder, CBay Inc., will buy Franklin-based Spheris Inc. for $116.3 million — $48 million more than the companies originally offered for the bankrupt medical transcription company and its India subsidiary. A Delaware bankruptcy judge signed off on the sale today following an all-night auction of Spheris’ assets that concluded at 6 a.m. The price includes $98 ...

MedQuist Buys All Type, Too. Sm
Sep 20, 2011

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44588832 ...

MQ Buys Spheris Domestic Assets. NM
Feb 03, 2010

x ...

WebmedX Buys School - Lets All MTs Go - STUDENTS Doing Work/no Pay?
Oct 10, 2010

I am guessing with the low quality I see that 10:1 they let a plethora of MTs go right AFTER acquiring an MT SCHOOL so that they could have the students do the work as required work for th program and not pay them.  Some of the reports I see look like they were done by a 7-year-old or someone for whom English is a second language. ...

Encompass?
Nov 01, 2009

Does anyone know anything about Encompass?  Thanks in advance.   Praying1 ...

Encompass HR
Jan 23, 2010

There were a few posts some time ago stating that Encompass had a terrible HR team that never got back to the applicants.  Has anyone had any luck getting hired on there recently? Don't want to waste my time applying :) Thanks! ...

Encompass...s L O W
Feb 19, 2010

I had a phone interview with Encompass almost 2 weeks ago.  I have emailed them a few times wondering if and when someone will be contacting me with no response.  Makes me wonder if I want employment with them if they cannot respond in a timely manner when they say they will contact someone.  Anyone with a similar experience? ...

Encompass CEO
Oct 18, 2012

Does anyone know what happened to the CEO of Encompass after it got sold to Nuance? I wonder if she is happy with her decision and what has become of her company and employees. ...

Encompass And WebMedX
Oct 30, 2009

I am looking at joining either the Encompass Medical Transcription team or the WebMedX team.  Can anyone give me an opinion on either company?  Specifically, what are the like to work for?  I need details.  Thanks so much,  LPMT ...

Encompass - Offshore?
Dec 14, 2009

Does Encompass offshore? ...

Encompass Questions
Dec 22, 2009

Will they let you start working with only 512 of RAM? Also, does it have to be Office 2003, or will 2007 work? Finally, do they really check and see if you have a lisensed copy of software and the CD? ...

Encompass Transcription
Dec 30, 2009

I am applying with Encompass, and I haven't seen any recent posts were someone was actually hired by them, and can only find old posts about them.  Are there any recent (or not so recent) employees who wouldn't mind sharing their experience with Encompass?  Enough work?  What type of insurance and is it any good?  Any information would be greatly appreciated. ...

Encompass Testng
Jan 30, 2010

I completed testing for Encompass and the web page said someone would be in contact  or results sent within 24-48 hours.  That was a week ago, have gotten no feedback.  Just wondering if anyone else has applied in the last week or 2, as they did have openings, and if they have gotten any feedback. ...

Encompass Good? Bad?
Feb 02, 2010

Anyone have any experience with Encompass?  You can reply by email if you'd like.  I'm thinking of testing for them. ...

Encompass Interview
Feb 26, 2010

Have an interview scheduled with Encompass this coming week.  Anyone have  information on what types of questions to expect, or what their process is like in general? Haven't had an interview in ages.  Any help is greatly appreciated! :) ...