A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Hard to meet 6500 lpw line count at Webmedx now. What gives? - slowpoke

Posted: Aug 10, 2011

Ever since we been taken over by Nuance, and I've had to type my main account on the native platform, I can't seem to pick up line counts no matter how fast or how hard I try. It's very frustrating.  They raised the line count to 6500 lines per week from when I first started 2 years ago of 5000.  I used to be able to type a lot more.  Been an MT for more than 10 years now.  I feel something weird going on.

low line counts - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Seveal of my friends and I felt that something strange was going on with the line counts there about a year ago. Suddenly our line counts were a lot lower and we weren't doing anything different. We tried to figure it out but could not document anything, but I really think they did something to tweak it so we were paid less. Again, I don't have any proof, this is my OPINION, and several others as well.

I have been at a new company for about a month now, and I am already making what I was at Wmx and I am still learning the platform and account, so that adds to my suspicions that something is strange.

response to line counts - AnnieOakley

[ In Reply To ..]
Same here. Thought it was my imagination. From what I understand from studying the blogs, we are going to be required 220 lines per hour voice recognition, but I don't know how they are going to treat the headings that we code in now which we are not credited for. Also, 1 long straight type report brings it so far down. Hope it works out for the better soon.

Webmedx line counts - Anna Rose

[ In Reply To ..]
Same here. I worked for Webmedx for 7 years and saw the same thing happening to me towards the end. I was doing nothing different, but suddenly felt like I was getting paid for part-time work. I had to leave....just couldn't pay the bills on that. Hope you find out what's up. Good luck. Webmedx used to be the very BEST....no longer I fear.

Something fishy. - slowpoke

[ In Reply To ..]
I really do feel like something has been tweaked as I work extra hours, and my lines barely increase. If I copy and paste a report on say Word, will that give me a close to accurate line count? I may do this with several reports just to check.

line counts - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried pasting into Word as yes, that should give an accurate line count. It came out very similar, but yet I KNOW they did something, since it was about the same and I had 6 cc on that report, obviously they did not pay for those. I think they had to have tweaked something else also, all of those headers that come already loaded are not paid, and half the time we spend a lot of time deleting/changing them. I thought maybe they had changed to VBC but that was not the case.

One more thing, everyone should be checking their line counts every day on every report. There was a glitch, and I found 4 reports over a month that had NEGATIVE lines. They did not give me credit for any lines for the SR report, but any that I changed/edited/deleted then showed up as NEGATIVE from the original line count, and that is what I was paid, a NEGATIVE count. They said they were working on fixing it, and my AM corrected it, but if you are not paying attention to each and every report and the line counts, I wonder how many this is affecting that say nothing?

Negative line counts? That's just wrong. - slowpoke

[ In Reply To ..]
I'll be checking my line counts when I work today. Thanks for letting me know of the glitch. Thanks.

name being taken off of reports - Tough Old Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree. I have been there about a year and a half. Can't begin to get my line count up to where it was. Thought it was me. Now I truly believe something is not right. Also, has anybody notice if they check reports that have to QA that their names have been removed and the QA person's put in their place. Also, if you pull up a sample that is a report you did...it may no longer have your name on it. I pulled up a report on a patient I knew I had typed on...No reports there by me...all by other people. Asked my sup...got no response. One of the reports, I know was mine. I did it. I remember it. It was unique, but it showed another MT did it. What's up with that? Anybody know?

shenanigans with line counts - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I noticed low line counts for no reason, along with several of my friends, and we really tried to find out exactly what was going on, but could not figure it out, except for the occasional negative line counts AND mistakes being made as you mentioned and not getting paid for jobs we typed. We came up with a SH entry that automatically copied the job# into a job log and we carefully tracked each job. We discovered the occasional negative line counts (not that frequent, but still!), and we noticed every several weeks at least 1 job not being in their list that we typed. By tracking it, we WERE able to get it paid for, but you need to be proactive and track this to cover yourself. They said it was a glitch that was fixed, and I still got another report after that time with a negative line count. Again, it wasn't common and maybe once a month, but I sure don't want to pay them for the privilege of typing a report! Also, I think they changed paying us for headers/copies that negatively impacts line count. That is all we could document and we really tried to figure it out! I just don't trust them. I have since moved on and am making more at another company after only a month than I was making at Wmx.

Maybe ? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
At the company I work for, if QA has to change demographics our name becomes attached to the report. Really it is just a chain of who had the report last but everyone who touched it has their name on it, you just may not see it.

If the job shows up on your line count, then obviously at some point in the chain it can be traced back to you.

I don't know if it works that way at your company or not.

Noticed it too - Ex-Webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I left Webmedx 3 months ago, before Nuance and I noticed the same thing with decreased line counts, as did a couple of my friends there. We have all moved on now, but keep an eye out gals, you are right. There could not be this many of us saying the same thing if it were not true!

Isn't Webmedx called Nuance now? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

yes...webmedx/Nuance now the same :( - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Many of us have been at Webmedx so long we still call it that, the "official" announcement and change were not that long ago. I quit before this happened, and the problems with our line counts started quite a bit before we became Nuance, so that is probably why everyone is still referring to "Webmedx."

I wonder if someone could be brave enough to bring this to the head person - attention? Like CEO or even STM? nn/nm

[ In Reply To ..]
no message

Hard to meet 6500 lpw at Webmedx - Ex-Webbie

[ In Reply To ..]
I left the web a couple months back, before the sale, and several of us then were complaining of the same thing. There is a change somewhere in the way they are counting lines/not counting lines. There has to be, our line counts didn't change that much, but our checks sure did.

Similar Messages:

Having A Hard Time Making Line Count
Nov 04, 2013

After being switched  every couple of months to new accounts I am now having trouble making any lines. Lately I have been wondering if they have changed how they count lines.  Also I am on an account that is done in the UK which means 100 percent ESLs and zero normals.  Anybody else struggle? ...

Alliance Health Documentation Hard Time Making Their Line Count Lately?
Jun 23, 2015

Anybody having a hard time making their line count lately? ...

Webmedx Line Count Issues
Aug 15, 2011

have been here for 16 years and for past year have seen my lines drop. past months I have dropped to less than 100 an hour but I do not feel slower. thought I was going crazy. have a call from my stm. tthink they are going to let me go. am 60 years old what the hell am I supposed to do? ...

Required Line Count Webmedx/Nuance
Jan 29, 2012

Would anyone be willing to tell me how may lines they require per week/payperiod?  TIA.   ...

Can't Seem To Meet The Minimum Line Counts
Dec 30, 2012

I am new at Nuance - started in Nov. I am beginning to get frustrated though cause I just can't seem to meet the minimum line counts with VR or typing. Please, someone tell me it's not just me .... I know they give you 3 months to "get up to speed", but I don't think that is going to be long enough for me at the rate I am going. Do they terminate you if you aren't meeting line counts after 3 months?  How long did it take some of you to be able to consistently meet the line c ...

Is It Common To Not Be Able To Meet Line Counts?
Feb 13, 2013

Is it common to not be able to meet line counts at Nuance? I have been there close to 3 months and cannot make my line count basically due to having some many ESLs and having to correct so many things in VR. Very frustrated!! ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

VR Line Count - What Kind Of Line Production Should I Shoot For
Mar 24, 2011

I was just hired on with a company to do strictly VR. I am only going to be working part time so about 4 hours a day. I am wondering from those who do VR what kind of line production should I shoot for in 4 hours of work? What is the normal VR line count for part time? I have read that most who are working full time or 8 hours a day are doing more than 1,000, even 2,000 a day. The company I will be working for wants a minimum of 10,000 lines in a payperiod which the lady said even with part time ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

IT And Line Counts Vs Other Line Count Programs
Oct 24, 2011

I would like opinions about the IT (Instant Text) line count program? Do you find it user friendly? Are there other programs preferred/easier? Any suggestions or opinions? TIA. ...

Line Requirements For Webmedx
Aug 12, 2010

What are the line requirements for this company?  Opinions on the company?  I am currently working for "#1" that likes to "#2" all over their employees.  ...

Webmedx Line Counts
Aug 23, 2011

Can someone please explain to me how I am working the same accounts, the same hours, the same docs, and now coming in approximately 1000 lines short a DAY?  I feel it in my heart I am being ripped off.  Does anyone know of any software/sites etc to check this?  I am financially drowning....Thanks ...

Line Counts Webmedx
Oct 03, 2011

The line counts don't seem right for the past few days.  Cannot figure it out.  ...

Webmedx Line Counter
Oct 10, 2011

This might need to be on the tech board, but I have a question on the WBX line counts, I just started here.  I am assuming that the number up on the right hand upper corner in black that changes is your line count?  When I do a VR job, I get a negative line count? What the heck is that?  Maybe I am understanding wrong and hoped someone could help me out.  I have typed several jobs and done maybe 5 VR jobs this shift and I have a line count of 43??? WWWAAAHHHH. Also, does eve ...

Webmedx SR Line Counts Discrepancy
Oct 14, 2010

I apologize to sound like an Webmedx complainer. Not my intent, but I am extremely concerned regarding the SR jobs I'm transcribing and receiving correct compensation. The way I understand it, an SR/VR draft report already has a tallied line count when it goes to an MT and if during the course of your edit, you delete lines, the line count always reflects this by being less, it does not stay at the original SR drafted line count. Makes sense, and I have no issues with th ...

Help - How To Get Line Count
Jan 07, 2010

Just did a job with a big standard.  I have the line count, but do not know how to tell if I'm being credited with the lines in the standard.  How can I calculate this?  Thanks. ...

NEW LINE COUNT
May 24, 2011

Hi.  Can anyone decipher what the memo means about the new line count?  How will our pay change, wait...never mind...I am sure it will go down.  Anyway, what does this new stuff mean? ...

Low Line Count
Jul 20, 2012

Has anyone else working in the North Region noticed that their line count has gone down since CCM made it so that only one job loads at a time? ...

Line Count...
Sep 19, 2012

I have been working for this company for about 18 month and so far so good. It was even bought out by a bigger company and everything stayed the same with no problems. They don't bother me, I do my work and everything is fine. About 6 months ago my line count started going way down and I really just chalked it up to not being able to concentrate as much because my baby started walking and basically making it impossible for me to work. For the past week my line count has about doubled. ...

No Line Count
Nov 13, 2012

Over an hour into my shift, I went to check my line count, so that I can keep track hourly.. well it has ZERO... nothing has taken effect yet??? is this normal. ...

Need Line Count Help
May 04, 2013

I have been told that I need to increase my LPH.  So last night I kept track of the lines of each document done by using MS Word.  But later when I compared it to Nuance's line tracker (ichart) it only listed half the lines that MS Word listed.  How can this be?  I realized that Word my count blank lines, but how can there possibly be that much difference?  I felt like I really kicked butt last night, but then to look at LPH with Nuance's ichart I felt cheated/ ...

Line Count Rip Off
Aug 10, 2013

Does anyone feel like they doing more jobs for less lines? ...

To RAD MTs, What Is Your Line Count Vs...
Sep 10, 2013

So far, I have calculated the "count score" on Fluency at the new rate of 0.08/.048 vs per report rate.  I 'lost' on average $165-175 per pay period over the past 3 months by the line count.  My report rates are currently 1.20/.072.  Anyone else?  Please share.  Also, the 'count score' is our line count, right?? ...

Anyone With AP Getting Their Line Count?
Nov 14, 2013

Anyone else struggling to get their lines in at AP after loosing a hospital recently?  Maybe I'm signing on at the wrong time of day but usually there are hardly any jobs for at least an hour after I start the day.  Hope I'm not alone or I am doing something very wrong. ...

Line Count Discrepancies
Oct 13, 2009

"So if the company wants to consistently give me a slightly higher line count than I am able to document at my end, I should have a problem with this... why??" Wow.  Crankybeach.  You are old enough that you should not need to ask that question.  Here are a few of the more publicized examples of "why": Exhibit A:  Enron.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit B:  Madoff.  Lots of people played along and look at the end result.Exhibit ...

My Line Count Has Tanked
Oct 21, 2009

I used to do 250-275 lph fairly easily. Lately, I am typing as fast and furious as ever and struggle to get above 200 lph. Not sure what is going on, but I'm pretty sure it ain't me. Also, when did they change the dictating system over to 2 cans and a piece of string?  I CANNOT hear this CRAP.  Even the American guys are starting to sound wind-tunnelish ...