A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MQ has finally broken me... - Done

Posted: Sep 01, 2010

I was actually reduced to tears today with the bullying and threats from people of various departments.  Support acts as though we are stupid and below their level and the shipping department basically called me a liar, but in a nice way after their nastiness.  Due to my age, it will be hard finding a job but at this point, I will sweep floors rather than put up with those with big heads because of a meaningless title.  Then again, on second thought.....I am not leaving without a fight.  Just needed to vent.

RE: Done - Maid to order

[ In Reply To ..]
Know what?! I am in my mid 50s. I supplement my income by cleaning houses! I got a few clients by putting a posting on Craigslist, but found that it pays more per hour than MQ does! I love the people that I work for, they treat me as an equal, like a professional and I often get good tips too! Just want to let ya know, there actually is something to your sweeping floor idea!

Done but meanwhile - Adios

[ In Reply To ..]
We are here for you to vent. I am done at least once a shift. I am reduced to tears often. Not where I saw myself at the age of 50 to be sure.

I, too, took on a second part time office job to help make up the loss in income. Meanwhile I am trying to find a new job but not so easy in this economy, in a rural area, sharing a car with my husband, etc.

I, too, really enjoy my part/time job, but still need to get out of the Q before there is nothing left of my esteem. Hang in there. We are all in this together.

CCMs must have had mandatory SNOT training (sm) - jfb

[ In Reply To ..]
Nothing for over a week from CCM, starting to wonder what happened/where is everyone ... Low and behold, email today with nasty comments.

Keep pushing MQ ... I bend but don't break. You'll have to fire me before I quit. I'll make more on unemployment anyway, so do me a favor.

GOOD FOR YOU! Make their lives miserable! - no/mssg

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Similar Messages:

Finally Broken
May 15, 2015

I've been doing this job for 10 years. I've been with what is now mmodal the whole way. I've seen really good MTs let go or just beat down until they left. With every change they threw at us I was able to find what I needed inside of me to stay with the job and have hope not that things would ever go back but that I could still at least buy a few groceries for our family, but this last POD "idea" that they threw us into has broken my spirit.  Fluency has some really good thin ...

Finally Broken Part 2 I'm Done
May 29, 2015

I finally did it! I got a bad audit, could feel it coming. I thought it was on one report but it was on several, not from the same account, not the same doctor, etc.  I'm still going through the interview process for the job I will probably get hired for, but it still may be up to a month before they make the offer.  I will post when I get it for sure.  My confidence in my ability to understand a new job is at an all time low. In the meantime I am a music teacher and wish I ...

Broken Headings
Mar 19, 2011

NOTIFICATION OF DQS 6.1 ISSUE - ERRANT BROKEN HEADING AT END OF DOCUMENT  Got this email on 03/16/2011 from MQ.  All of the sudden we are have an issue with the headings?  We have to turn off all markers (redundant, skip, etc.)  I was under the impression that all the red markers/headings counted in our line counts.  Do I have this right?  Is this another ploy to undermine line counts/pay?    Please correct me if I misunderstood.  Thanks all ...

Broken Collarbone
Sep 06, 2011

In a physical examination paragraph, what sub-heading does a clavicle fracture go under?   ...

Tips On Typing With A Broken Leg
Feb 15, 2010

Does anybody have any experience typing with a broken leg?  I broke my left leg (thank goodness, not my foot pedal leg!) this weekend.  I don't have the luxury of taking time off, but I'm finding it exhausting keeping this leg elevated and sitting upright like we were taught to do.  I'm in a full-leg cast, and it puts a heck of a strain on my gluteus maximus muscles.  I have a feeling I'll just have to keep trying new positions till I find one that works, ...

Not To Sound Like A Broken Record, But
Oct 29, 2010

what is the best school to go to (online) for becoming a coder?  I have been an MT for 15 years and tired of the feast/famine.  Is there financial aid available?  I cannot afford even $250 down and $100 a month.  Also, are there any companies that hire coders to work at home right out of school?  Thanks for any help!! ...

Is The Company Board Shut Down Or Broken? Nm
May 24, 2010

nm ...

Hate To Sound Like A Broken Record
Jul 15, 2010

but when is next pay day AND could someone tell me where on MQCentral I can find the pay schedule for 2010?   Thanks so much. ...

I Finally Get It....
Mar 02, 2010

After receiving the infamous "no jobs available" for the upteen time today, it finally hit me.  What an amazing way to get rid of MTs without really having to get rid of them on your own.  Drive the MTs insane with no work, yet keep them locked to their computers in the hope that a job might become available.  It feels kinda like playing the lottery....you know it's a waste of money and time, but just maybe you might win...ughh.  Why is it that our "professional" jo ...

Now I Finally Believe The End Is Near
Jun 06, 2011

I must admit I've been reading this board for years, never posted until now, partly due to the probably unsubstantiated paranoia going around awhile back that those who posted here got the ax first, silly I suppose, but I used to care about keeping this job and didn't want to take any chances.  Now, finally, I understand that I am fighting a losing battle, and I know longer give ******.  I've been reading about you guys with NJA for days on end, etc., etc., and I guess I ...

I Did It.....finally! Sm
Jul 05, 2011

I finally told MQ goodbye!  I finally got another contract job and they needed me to start pretty much immediately, so I quit without notice.  In a way I feel bad for resigning without a 2-week notice, but I figure MQ would not give me a 2-week notice if they were letting me go.  I wish all my MQ co-workers well and I hope you find happiness either with MQ or elsewhere.  God bless you all! ...

Finally!!
Jun 15, 2012

Never thought this day would get here, but I'm finally gone!! I feel such peace just to know that I won't have to stress anymore about everthing this industry has become: Horrible dictators, low pay, off-shoring, and VR. Bless everyone who is sticking it out until the very end. ...

I'm Finally Out!
Dec 01, 2012

Finally out.  I start a new job in-house on December 10 in a medical office.  Not MT, just answering some phones and setting up appointments.   And I get to wear scrubs.  I guess in the morning I'll be taking off one pair of pajamas and putting on another.  Don't lose hope friends.... ...

Finally, I Got A Better Job!
Dec 20, 2012

I can't tell you how happy I am.  I was literally dancing around the house.  DS thought I was out of my mind, and I kind of was.  I have been trying to get out from under this oppressive company for a long time now, and I finally have.  I wish everyone a happy holiday.  I'm happy to say I won't be posting here anymore.  I've moved on and I'm not looking back. Best of luck to everyone who is in the same position I was this time yesterday. &nb ...

Well I Finally Did It!
Jan 23, 2013

I finally went ahead and filed for partial U/E.  I know I'm not in as bad of a situation as many I read on this board but I just can't live like this anymore.  It's bad enough that our pay has been to sharply cut with VR but now when they don't give us any work to do it's worse.  It humiliated me at my age to have to do this for the first time in my life at 59 years of age but I did it.  ...

FINALLY OUT!!!
Feb 11, 2013

Friday is my last day transcribing at a company that is about to lay off 10-25 people!  Unforunately that company lost its biggest account, but fortunately my last 6 months of hard word has paid off and starting a new career alltogether with the local county!  I will continue to pray for you that you find work to be satisfied with and compensated accordingly.  I have typed for 15 years and it is hard to say goodbye considering it brought me through many hard times raising my two o ...

Finally Got Out Of MT
Jan 01, 2014

I just wanted really to say for those of you still hanging on, worried about work in the outside world, I finally got out about 3 months ago and I haven't been this happy in YEARS and to be exact in the last 12 years that I was an MT.  Working as an MT, I don't think I ever felt good enough, because I would be torn apart due to missing a comma or not being able to understand a term well enough to find it.  I was so stressed about money all of the time and even dreaded holiday ...

FINALLY G-O-N-E!
Apr 11, 2014

I HAVE FINALLY LEFT - WHAT A FEELING!  I AM ELATED TO GET OUT OF THIS PRISON. ...

Getting Out Of MT Finally! Sm
Aug 01, 2014

After 25 years I am getting out of this biz for good!!  I finally found other employment. May not be the best pay to start out with and some people would look it as an odd job for someone my age, but that is okay too!  I can't wait to start!!!! ...

Finally!
Sep 16, 2014

I have been (as some of you all have) trying to get out of this transcription "hell" for years!  I finally, finally landed another job!  It it outside of transcription.  Its with Verizon!  Finally!  I know no job is heaven, but at least I'll get a raise every year.....................and not have to wonder in agony what is going to happen today......................what are they going to take away from me today............will I be able to pay my bills, will there b ...

FINALLY!!!! A Job
Oct 10, 2014

I have been watching the boards for so many months. I was laid off almost a year ago and sent "oodles" upon "oodles" of resumes to every company I saw on this board, the other board, the job servers...You name it, I sent it.  I even did Craig's list. Some were kind enough to respond, some did not bother.  But I still plugged away.  My unemployment ran out in July and thank God we have been making do.  I answered an ad on Craig's list for something out of t ...

I Am Finally Out!! =)
Feb 20, 2015

I am finally no longer a medical transcriptionist!  No more stress!! No more crappy shifts, crappy dictators, crappy PMs!! No more accounts specs! No more anything!  I read on here all the time how people say you can do it! you can get out of the field and find something else but I never believed it!  Now I am!  I accepted a job with an answering service making good money, benefits, PTO, 401 my own hours and I can do it from home!  so ya it can be done people!! ...

Finally Got Out
Mar 25, 2015

After being laid off at an in house job when they went to point and click and spending 3 months looking outside MT for a job, I've landed a position as a medical records clerk.   ...

I Did It! I Finally Did It! Saying Goodbye To MT! (sm)
Oct 22, 2009

I was notified today that I have been chosen for a job with the local hospital - not doing transcription.  I finally get to say goodbye to no vacation, no sick pay, working 24/7, no pay increase, no recognition for a job well done, having to worry about my own taxes, and just everything that goes along with it, like the lying and back-stabbing from managers *** and owners ***, and having to deal with QA who says they follow BOS, but then makes things up as they go.  Its an 8 to 5 job ...

They Finally Noticed
Apr 29, 2010

My CCM finally called and left a message saying I hadn't been logging on and she would have to process termination if I didn't get in touch with her. "A phone call would be nice," I think is how she worded it. I didn't call her back.  I just sent her an email and told her to go right ahead and process termination, that I didn't call because I didn't feel that the Q deserved the courtesy of a call when they treat their MTs like trash. So I am officially free.  ...

Our ASR Is Finally Smarter Than A PA.
Feb 04, 2011

After months of having to change it, ASR is finally putting in palpation when the dictator says palpitation, as in tender to palpitation.  It's about time. ...

Getting Out Of MT Altogether Finally
Sep 14, 2011

I am finally tired of all the hoops you have to jump through to get a job only to find out your PC is incompatible anyway.  Plus when you are hired and asked if they can overnight the new-hire paperwork since you do not have a printer and they act like I am crazy for asking (after saying they could overnight it).  I am just so tired of it.  I just have to find something else..... ...

Finally Free!!!
Oct 06, 2011

The nasty Q and I have finally parted ways!!!!  Looking forward to better opportunities than this horrible job!!!! ...

Wow. Finally Someone Who Wants To Pay What We Are Worth!!
Feb 03, 2012

. ...

DQS Working Now Finally...
Apr 03, 2012

~ ...