A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ESL Dr states "Patient refers pain," but clearly means reports. Leave it or change it? - Newbie

Posted: Feb 20, 2015

For ESL doctors, account specifics direct me to change word if it is the wrong word, but leave it if its simply awkwardly stated.

Dr states "Patient refers pain in upper abdomen," but clearly means reports pain. Do I leave it or change it?

Leave it - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Many doctors often state this. Leave it as is without making changes.

Agree with the other poster, leave it - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Agreed - Common phrase - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
This is common phrasing. Transcribe as dictated.

Patient refers pain - Noodles

[ In Reply To ..]
What is it about ESL no one seems to understand? And the Board runneth over with complaints about our work going overseas. If, and that is a big if, the client allows it or does not care, why would we put something clearly that is not, and I stress not, common English or even, dear colleagues, American English. We as a profession, are much too accommodating and/or lazy to be good editors but SR or VR or whatever you choose to call it will bury us anyway, as thinking human beings transcribing medicolegal documents. A slippery slope, my friends.

Is this doc Russian?...I have many on one account - and they all say this.

[ In Reply To ..]
Plus 80% of what they dictate makes no sense at all. I've given up worrying about it.

Similar Messages:

Patient Given ETO Today. Does Anyone Know What This Means.
Feb 11, 2013

This is for  behavioral health medicine in a combative patient.   Thanks. ...

The Doctor States To The Patient That Carpal Tunnel Is Not
May 26, 2015

I would like to know exactly where else you would get it from when you're doing 8 hours a day, 5 days a week full-time job for one company for the past 20+ years. No outside of work hobbies or activities to cause it according to patient. This is workers comp law, according to the doctor.   I'm unsure if it's that particular state where the patient resides, but if I were working 40 hours a week at the same job for many years and develop carpal or anything similar, you b ...

Did They Change The Way To Request Leave On The Time Sheet
May 06, 2012

Cant figure out how to get the leave req in...Gonna be one of those days again ...

Patient States Or Patient Said?
Aug 20, 2010

What is the correct, AAMT guideline way to transcribe when dictator states "Patient says" or "Patient said" or "Patient states" ...

Patient With Shoulder Pain
Sep 14, 2011

There is no evidence of significant rotator cuff tear and she has normal appearing s/l **slant sign**  of the shoulder on her radiographs, I believe that she would be a candidate for a total shoulder rather than a reverse total shoulder.   ...

Patient With Elbow Pain
Sep 21, 2011

Patient had ultrasound, s/l TFM, iontophoresis, exercises for range of motion, strength of the left shoulder, elbow and gripping as well as a trial of H-wave stimulation. ...

Patient With Low Back Pain
Feb 02, 2012

She has 5/5 strength throughout the bilateral lower extremities with hip flexion, knee flexion and extension, ankle dorsiflexion and plantar flexion as well as extension of the hallux. Sensation is intact to light touch throughout except over the anterior aspect of her shin. She has a symmetrical 2+ Achilles and patellar reflexes. She has no evidence of clonus. She has a questionable s/l ** men-i-ski  reflex. She has palpable DP and PT pulses. Thanks for any help!!  :) ...

Patient With L Wrist Pain
Mar 12, 2015

Patient has undergone previous fractures and underwent distal ulnar excision ____ procedure with pinning of the distal ulna to the radius. ...

Patient Has Leg Pain; They Want Him To Be In The S/l Dionne Study/Deon? Dee-awn
Oct 07, 2011

xx ...

Patient With Hip Pain, Post Op For Back Surgeries
Jan 17, 2013

"Pictures of hip were performed and brought in by the patient. They were read as normal, but on my review there is an ***** cyst "(sounds like asitaviner!) any ideas? ...

Patient With Back, Neck And Shoulder Pain. Negative
Mar 15, 2011

x ...

Help! Patient With Bilateral Shoulder Pain With Injections In The Past, Sm
Aug 21, 2012

In diagnosis, doc is saying Shoulder s/l row lay, follow orthopedics.  Thanks so much! ...

Looking Up Old Reports, Patient's, Etc
Oct 03, 2012

I was told to look i the manual but cannot find it.  Anyone can tell me how to look up the old reports on doctors, patient's???? I am getting really frustrated. ...

Patient With Back Pain And Gait Disorder Has *e Lack O Scoliosis.* Thanks. Nm
Jun 22, 2010

nm ...

Accessing Other Reports On A Patient
Apr 15, 2011

Is there a way to access other reports on a patient to view their previous medications and diagnoses when you can barely understand the dictating doctor?  I keep asking my supervisor, but I get the feeling I'm getting the run-around and I don't know why.  If there is no such function, or I'm  not allowed to access it, I wish they'd just tell me.  Everywhere I've worked before, this sort information was available, and it helped enormously, but here, I ...

Past Patient Reports....
Nov 09, 2014

Really don't understand why they blocked the patient's previous reports...I found that very helpful at times to have access.  Just another thing to make our job more difficult!    ...

Patient Has Colicky Abdominal Pain. Doc Tried To Ellcit S/l Heel Strike Sign? Help!
Apr 03, 2012

.. ...

Patient Reports No S/l "podrum" To The Fall.
Apr 28, 2011

x ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

Pt. Rates Pain 9/10 On The "Verbal Analog Pain Scale"??? I Can't Document This, Help:
Nov 18, 2014

nm ...

Does Anyone Know What This Means?
Aug 20, 2011

I saw this at the end of the ad on the job board for Escription, and don't understand it:   ** IF YOU’VE EVER BEEN RELEASED/LET GO FROM AN ESCRIPTION ACCOUNT FOR QUALITY ISSUES IN THE PAST, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK ON THESE ACCOUNTS, AS I WILL BE UNABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH AN ESCRIPTION ID. ** Does it mean that if you get taken off an Escription account at another job, you get banned from the system for good?  What's up with that? ...

Could Someone Tell Me What It Means When
Apr 03, 2012

have own wavplayer?  Is this like Expresscribe?  If so, is this difficult to learn?  TIA ...

If Someone Had The Means...
May 03, 2013

If someone had the wherewithall to create an oldfashioned transcription service that paid will and supported their employees they could staff a pretty good bunch of experienced and loyal employees just from this site.  If I had the means to do this I certainly would.  Someone needs to take it back to the basics. ...

Prefer Short Reports Or Long Reports? Sm
Jun 13, 2012

Hi all. I was just wondering what other MTs prefer...little short reports or very long reports? Do too many of either affect your line count (and therefore your pay)?   I definitely prefer very long reports!  ...

Anyone Know What CODEC Means?
Jun 16, 2010

my player is experiencing a CODEC problem.  Anyone know how to check this or what this?   Maybe i have gremlins  . . . . . . ummmmmm ...

Can Someone Tell Me What Does 11 Cpl After Filter Means
Aug 02, 2010

Saw ad for PT IC for difficult pulmonology doctor ...

Does Anyone Know What MEDCX Means
Feb 14, 2014

It is under type of service.   Thank you in advance. ...

By All Means ... Enjoy :}
Jun 27, 2015

No doubt you’ve read marketing articles written by Nuance extolling the benefits its voice recognition software for medical professionals. That’s to be expected — they’re trying to sell a product. A very expensive, time-consuming, imperfect product that is not for everyone, no matter how hard they try to convince potential buyers otherwise.  But they are very good at making it seem like it’s the best thing since sliced bread.  Because the buyers believe th ...